• Breaking News

    Friday, October 11, 2019

    Wear and tear dude, wear and tear. Insurance

    Wear and tear dude, wear and tear. Insurance


    Wear and tear dude, wear and tear.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 08:31 AM PDT

    There are only a few nice ways to repeatedly tell a client "THE DRY ROT DIDNT JUST HAPPEN OVER NIGHT BILL AND NO I WILL NOT LET YOU FILE A CLAIM FOR THAT!"

    submitted by /u/Yellowhairdontcare
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anything I need to do in this WEIRD situation...?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 10:03 PM PDT

    A lady hit my car, she was found 100% at fault, but refuses to accept that or pay out of pocket. She has to pay out of pocket because her insurance didn't cover her. I never made contact/tried to call her, but her insurance and my insurance can't get in contact with her either. She literally won't even contact her own insurance, because it turns out she was driving a friends car and needs to get that situated. She is a super rich person who was at some point in this mess threatening to get a lawyer because her insurance wouldn't cover her and she claims this is MY FAULT even when insurance says it's her's.

    This scares me because I was already paid for by AAA and they said I was absolutely all set to move on, not accept her calls, pick up my car, and get over this--- my deductible was waived and my monthly premium won't go up, my car was in shop for 3 weeks and I got minorly injured and had to go to the doctor. I didn't file an injury claim with her insurance because my agent said he could help me manage that ONCE she started picking up her insurance's calls. Well it's almost 5 weeks now and she won't answer ANY of her insurance agent's calls.

    Here is where it gets crummy. Traumatically today, I was going to a supermarket and I SAW HER THERE. IN THE CHECKOUT LINE. She shot DAGGERS at me and left the store. Like "oh you're not even injured!" even though it was weeks ago, and the injury is that my jaw now cracks. What does this mean for me? I am unsure. What can I do at this point? Is there anything I need to do??

    submitted by /u/DesignerSavings
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me settle this car insurance issue

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 08:22 PM PDT

    Hi. I've been having this argument with my boyfriend for some time now and I'd like to put it to rest.

    His mom pays the car insurance on the car, she owns the car. He as her son is on the policy, I as his girlfriend am not.

    The insurance policy is in RI, as well as the registration. We live in MA and I am the primary driver. I've told him over and over again that I wanted the car registered here and insured here so I could be on the policy. He asked her and she said she wanted to keep it because at the time it was the only car left on her policy and didn't want to have to close it.

    I tried to tell him that this situation leaves me in a precarious spot because not only is the car being driven in a state where it's not insured but I'm not even on the policy! I have no protection here. But he insists at her word that it's fine.

    He cites that since I have permission to use the car there should be no issue. There was an accident where I was driving and we hit black ice, no casualties, just damage to the car. This was in Rhode Island, and he was in the car, as well as we were like a mile from his house. The policy covered the loss of the car.

    He cites since this was fine then anything that happens here should be fine, but that's totally different in my book since I do most of the driving here alone, and it's not even the correct state. So now instead, if something were to happen I'm not on the insurance and it's the wrong state, where as before he was right there, and it was in the policy's state.

    Please tell me I'm not wrong for hating this situation and the fact that no one seems to care about me here.

    submitted by /u/prettyhoneybee
    [link] [comments]

    Dp-2 and dp-3?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 04:51 PM PDT

    What's the difference? Says that dp-3 covers all perils except the ones excluded but the ones excluded are the same ones excluded from dp-2. So what's the difference. Dumb it down for me pleaseee?

    submitted by /u/Maggyrr
    [link] [comments]

    [SCAM ALERT] TDI warns of insurance phone scam

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 10:07 AM PDT

    The Texas Department of Insurance is urging consumers to be wary of calls from a group claiming to be the Consumer Insurance Association. The calls offer to lower your auto insurance costs and ask about your current coverage. It's a scam.

    The caller may mention the names of well-known insurance companies, and the phone number may originate from any state. But Consumer Insurance Association is not a licensed insurance company or agency in Texas.

    "This could be an attempt to get you to reveal personal information for identity theft," said Chris Davis, head of TDI's Fraud Unit. "It's always good to be cautious of anyone who calls when you haven't asked for information. And never give out personal information when you haven't verified who's calling."

    If you get a call offering to lower your insurance costs, ask for the agent's Texas insurance license number. Don't provide personal information such as your address, birth date, Social Security number, or bank account numbers.

    You can verify licensed agents on the TDI website or call the TDI Help Line at 1-800-252-3439 to check the status of a company.

    News release.

    submitted by /u/NicklausLouis
    [link] [comments]

    Badgercare Medicaid Wisconsin question about phone agent that dropped the ball and left friend uninsured.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 02:31 PM PDT

    So here is my question. I have a great friend ( I've known her for over 10 years and watched her raise two children, work various jobs and help in the community) who is at a bad crossroads.

    A few months back she lost her insurance due to her job laying her off. She was approved for Badgercare, received a letter of approval and simply had to contact them via phone. The agents she spoke with kept giving her the run around due to system errors back in July and finally out of frustration she raised her hands and gave up.

    Yesterday she ended up in the hospital due to a burst appendix. Now thankfully she's doing okay but learned the bills for surgery, anesthesia and treatment will be unforgiving.

    Does anyone have any advice for where I can steer her for help? Who to contact, numbers & emails to call and a clear route to take would be must appreciated.

    Like I said she's a great person who just needs help.

    Please let me know your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/Full-contact-buddism
    [link] [comments]

    California. I'm about to be kicked off of Medi-Cal.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 11:55 PM PDT

    Single guy. I have a job making 20k a year, so I'm being booted off of Medi-cal. I was wondering how much health insurance will be for me?

    I'm just over that poverty threshold.

    submitted by /u/Yossi25
    [link] [comments]

    An insurance company wrote off my car because it needs a new bumper but I want to keep the car. Is there anything I can do?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 10:53 PM PDT

    A couple of months ago, my front bumper was torn off by the step on the back of a box truck. My car was parked when it happened.

    I drive an old car (2001 Toyota Camry). Prior to me, it was only owned by one older couple so it's in really good condition and it runs great.

    The box truck's insurance company sent me to an auto body shop who quoted me $2300 to replace the bumper. This week, the insurance company called me to tell me that my car has been deemed a total loss (aka written off) and that they want to offer me a measly amount. I refuse to buy a car of lesser quality than the one that I have now, so if I take their offer, it means that I have $1000 bucks cash but I don't have a car.

    The guy offered to pay for the damages from the start but I decided to be legit and went through the insurance process. Now I feel like I am getting fucked by his insurance company. Obviously, I would prefer to keep my car and have this guy pay for the repairs, but the insurance company isn't giving me that option.

    Today I got a letter from the government saying that my car has been branded as salvage and is now illegal for me to drive despite the fact that there is nothing mechanically wrong with it. It literally just needs a new bumper.

    Does anyone know if I have any rights? Are they allowed to write off a perfectly good car without the owners permission or a physical inspection simply because the repairs cost more than what they think the vehicle is worth?

    submitted by /u/-necro
    [link] [comments]

    Salaries for Agents

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    I'm licensed for Life & Auto here in CA, and am considering finding a new broker to work with. What are the odds of being put on salary at a new firm? I understand the majority of my wage being commission but will I be paid whatsoever for signing with a new firm?

    submitted by /u/sanmateyo
    [link] [comments]

    what is the warranty/guarantee coverage on car repairs carried out via insurance agency like geico in USA?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 10:34 PM PDT

    I had a car repair carried out via geico insurance few months back. Now if i have any issue with the part which was repaired earlier in geico authorised shop - should i now contact insurance agency or repair shop ? who provides the warranty - what is the coverage on that ?

    Also if i switch from geico within 2 weeks from now what will happen to those warranty ?

    submitted by /u/camillacabella
    [link] [comments]

    Any Insurance Experts have a Creative Solution to Purchasing Homeowners Insurance for Second Home?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 05:30 PM PDT

    I'm trying to purchase Homeowners Insurance for a new second home (soon to be primary) in another state 2000 miles away but it's been very difficult. Closing in 2 weeks.

    The Sellers made the purchase contingent on allowing them to lease the home for 3 months until they build their new home. I'm ok with that since I need to sell my current home anyway and it gives me time to get it ready for sale. The loan terms are based on the new home being a primary residence. As a primary residence, I get a low interest rate with 20% down.

    I contacted my current insurance company and they stated that the new home could only be insured as a rental. However, the mortgage company will not give me the low rate primary residence loan with insurance as a rental. They will however give me another loan as a rental with 30% down and a 2% higher interest rate.

    The new home will be my primary residence on February 1st, 2020 when the Sellers move out. This means nothing to either the insurance company or the mortgage company. I asked the insurance company if they could insure the new home as a second home. They said they could not - the only option was to insure it as a rental even though it will be my primary residence in 3 months.

    Does anyone have a creative solution to how I can get homeowners insurance on this new house that would satisfy the mortgage company for the favorable primary residence loan terms?

    My insurance agent tried to insure the new home as a primary residence but her manager over-rode her and denied the policy. The mortgage broker thinks there has to be some solution to this problem but isn't sure what to do. I'm approaching another independent insurance agent to see if I can insure the new home as a second home (the mortgage broker said this would acceptable to get the favorable loan rate) but I'm not sure if this is the right approach or not.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jLionhart
    [link] [comments]

    Ex potential employer wants to meet in regards to refunding them P&C licence to sell insurance that I voluntarily said. Am I supposed too, legally?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 08:39 PM PDT

    I (early twenties female) had an insurance interview for a well-known insurance company to sell insurance to customers. The employer (agent for a big company who owns their own office to sell insurance for them) paid for my online study materials to study for the exam. I asked him if it came from his own pocket, but he said that it comes from a business expense. Well, after a couple of days, I realized I wouldn't have the time to study for it and emailed him that I would like to withdraw from the offer of employment and thanked him for taking the time to interview me and providing the study materials. I did not give him my personal information to be hired yet such as SSN. Apparently, I had to take the test first to be hired. During the interview, he said I would have to pay for my licence exam, but that they would reimburse me if I passed. BUT, because I felt bad for my decision, I told him I could reimburse him the study material they paid for. I asked the opinions of those around me and many of them suggested that I do not pay them back because the company provides for the study materials and in the end, I got nothing from it and that I will be the one with the loss. I told the agent I could refund the money via wire transfer but he wants to meet in person. He suggested to meet at a coffee shop. He even said he wanted to come to my house to meet... The only reason I don't want to meet in person is because I know the conversation will be long. I honestly don't have the time to have a long talk with him. Btw, I'm in college so I know I shouldn't have applied in the first place (I'm dumb). The people I told said that it's creepy that this guy wants to come to my home to talk about it. I could easily wire transfer the money but he wants to meet in person. During the interview, it was about two and a half hrs long. He called me and emailed me plenty of times. Now I don't think I should pay it back since the company pays for the materials... Am I supposed to pay him(them) back even though I wasn't hired, yet?

    Edit: In Washington State.

    submitted by /u/Plastic_Lifeguard
    [link] [comments]

    4 friends sharing the cost of a car insurance cost

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 08:17 PM PDT

    What is the best way to insure a car that payments and costs are split 4 ways among of group of guys. Ownership would for all intents and purposes would be even among the 4 involved.

    submitted by /u/blazinit430
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get car insurance before buying a car so I can buy a car? PA

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 06:30 PM PDT

    This sounds really stupid but I can't think of a better way to say it. I'm currently on my parents auto policy as a member of the household. However, I need to buy a car and I'd need to get it on my own policy for personal reasons. How do I shop for insurance before owning a vehicle? Or do I get the vehicle and then get the insurance and the auto insurance will be backdated to the date of purchase? Please help. I'm really confused.

    submitted by /u/Frantic_Rewriter
    [link] [comments]

    i need advice from a claims adjuster

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 02:01 PM PDT

    basically I was in a single person car accident and my car is considered a total loss. I spent a lot of money paying it off and now my insurance says that the can only give me 4k. they compared prices of 10*** similar cars. can I ask to have that number lowered to 5? the adjuster has been pretty cold with me and even huffed and puffed when I asked questions. I agreed to pick up the check and sign paperwork tomorrow( I suffered a concussion and I caught the flu) because I cant keep going back at forth, I'm physically drained and quite frankly depressed.. but wanted to see if I can request this before doing so.

    Help?

    thanks
    if its one thing, its another.

    submitted by /u/icey90
    [link] [comments]

    Family of four, need guidance for health insurance.

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 01:26 PM PDT

    Hi there. I'm the father of two boys, age 5 and 2. My wife and I just took our 2 year old to get tubes put in his ears, a couple months after we had an adenoidectomy + meringotomy surgery for him. All told, we barely met our $6,000 out of pocket max with him, and still wound up paying about $400 for the tubes procedure.

    We currently have BCBS of Florida, and we use our tax credit to pay our monthly premium costs, so we don't pay anything out of pocket for that currently.

    But if my son has to go back and have his tubes re-done (as is often the case), or our ENT decides that he does in fact need to have his tonsils removed, we really don't want to be paying up to $12,000 (our total deductible) for these procedures.

    I'm happy to give the right kind of information, and everything like that, but I'm completely lost when it comes to this. Technically, our plan is an HSA plan, but putting money into it and using it as such has been confusing, and BCBS hasn't exactly been quick to offer us assistance in navigating our insurance. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Mister_Cookiepants
    [link] [comments]

    Reckless on record dropping soon but delayed premium charges

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 04:09 PM PDT

    Back when I was 21, I got reckless driving on my record (I'm in FL). My premiums have been high enough where I have very little coverage in my vehicle and I can't wait to up it when my premiums decrease.

    The good news: it's falls off in February (3 years since 2017)

    Bad news: my renewal is January and when I called, Geico said that my review wouldn't be considered until July?

    Do I cancel my plan after February and go insurance shopping or is there a way to have my premiums changed while staying in the same insurance plan?

    submitted by /u/lush_vibes
    [link] [comments]

    Need help understanding prescription drug coverage

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 04:05 PM PDT

    Hi there! I'm loving and working in Ohio and I'm looking over my insurance options and trying to understand the wording here.

    https://imgur.com/a/N2BD9Su

    If I get a generic medication that costs $100, do I pay $20 + something between $5 and $25? Or would I just pay $20?

    If the generic medication costs $1,000, do I pay $200? Or only $25? I'm really confused as to why they have a percentage alongside a range for pricing.

    Also where does my deductible come into play?

    Here's the rest of this page, I'm mainly looking at ppo

    https://imgur.com/a/jai2QGD

    submitted by /u/5p33di3
    [link] [comments]

    How accurate is this safe driving insurance beacon by ANWB in Netherlands?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 03:38 PM PDT

    I just bought this newly introduced safe driving insurance in the Netherlands from ANWB. They give a tiny beacon to install in the car tray and want me to keep my mobile Bluetooth on whenever I drive. Based on how good I drive, they give discounts in premium every quarter. I'm just curious how accurate this beacon can track our movements based on GPS. Has anyone tried this insurance? Please share your experience.

    https://www.anwb.nl/verzekeringen/autoverzekering/veilig-rijden

    submitted by /u/ijeyanthan
    [link] [comments]

    How is business insurance quoted? Is it supposed to take a long time to get quotes and quote changes back?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 03:16 PM PDT

    I am a small business owner looking for a new BOP policy to replace our current GL policy. The new agency for our policy sucks so I have been going directly through The Hartford for the new quotes.

    However I am trying to tweak the policy to be something that we can afford yet something that will offer us enough coverage vs what we are willing to risk/self-insure. We have two locations, whenever I want to change a limit, inquire about optional coverage, or raise the property deductible at one location to see the new premium, it takes them 7-10 days to get a quote back. Is business insurance always like this? Or should I find a new agent ASAP to get this done faster?

    submitted by /u/benignpolyp
    [link] [comments]

    Blue Cross Blue Shield — really need a therapist

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 10:59 AM PDT

    I am looking to schedule my first appointment with a therapist and cannot figure out what type of provider to search for in my in-network providers.

    I contacted the insurance company to make sure something like this is covered and they responded with:

    "We determined for office mental health services in-network copay of $25 per visit and out of network, covered 60% after deductible."

    They have psychologists, psychiatrists, "behavioral health office visit", "initial behavioral health office visit"....

    A search for "therapist" comes up with occupational therapists, speech therapists, etc.

    I'm going through a hard time and just need a therapist to speak to and help me through childhood issues that are surfacing as an adult.
    What is the correct term for this type of "therapist" when searching for a provider?

    submitted by /u/1825throwaway
    [link] [comments]

    Nationwide Safe Driving Device / App?

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 10:29 AM PDT

    Anyone use the safe driving device or app from Nationwide? How long did you have to use it? What was your discount after?

    Curious also if anyone's rates went up after or if that is even possible.

    submitted by /u/spartyon11
    [link] [comments]

    Auto Accident - Diminished Value Question

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 01:44 PM PDT

    An 18 wheeler cut his turn too close at a two lane left turn and ripped off the front right side of my car..

    The trucking company is handling it all in house.. Originally my insurance reached out and I had placed 3 calls into his insurance when a nice lady at the trucking company reached out to me telling me this..

    The car is a 17 Nissan Maxima Platinum with 35K miles.. The repair cost was $3,000 without OE parts but when the trucking company said they were handling it, my auto body shop changed it to OE parts and the trucking company OK'd it..

    They are also covering my rental car.. Luckily, my insurance mentioned diminished value to me during one of my initial calls.. Today I was looking in my notepad++ file and I see I had jotted this down.. So I look into it and see that this is something I should probably pursue..

    I've read a few ways to go about it.. Get your car's value off KBB and then take your car to a dealer and see what they would offer you in trade.. Take the difference of those two numbers and that's what you request?

    I've reached out to the trucking company with this:

    "I also wanted to reach out to you regarding diminished value and if I would work through you to discuss that or with Travelers.. I looked for months for this car and drove 3.5 hours one way to get it.. When I was looking, if any car had an accident on the carfax, I immediately moved on to another car.. Now, my car will have an accident on it's carfax and because of that, when I go to try and sell it, I will get less for what it would be worth without the accident..
    Please advise.."

    She replied back asking how much was I thinking and that she would research..

    If anyone has any advise I'd appreciate it. State is Ohio..

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Kmccb
    [link] [comments]

    Car insurance cancelled....maybe. HELP

    Posted: 10 Oct 2019 09:29 AM PDT

    Hello,

    Long story short, last year i lent my car out to a family member and they were speeding(I had a black box) resulting in me getting an email from my insurance company and saying my car insurance was going to be cancelled in 7 days.

    I cancelled the policy myself 2 days before the date inwhich they said they would cancel it(I have proof of this).

    I got a new policy and stated that I had my insurance cancelled resulting in extortionate prices but I had no choice....

    My renewal is coming round and with 1 years no claims the price had gone up!!

    Basically my question because I cancelled the policy before they did does this still class as having insurance cancelled. If so where can I find proof of this, is there a database ??

    I've contacted the MIB and the received documents do no have anything saying I had insurance cancelled

    Thanks for the help in advance.

    submitted by /u/XS4ML
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment