• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 30, 2019

    Those of you who run cleaning businesses, preferably janitorial work for commercial businesses, I am seeking advice for a few problems I am facing. I would appreciate any help. Thank you. small business

    Those of you who run cleaning businesses, preferably janitorial work for commercial businesses, I am seeking advice for a few problems I am facing. I would appreciate any help. Thank you. small business


    Those of you who run cleaning businesses, preferably janitorial work for commercial businesses, I am seeking advice for a few problems I am facing. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 01:10 PM PDT

    Thanks for stopping by!

    My first question is, are there some clients you will never be able to please? Or is there always ways of retaining a client? Do you have any secrets on retaining clients, such as a contract or agreement?

    My second question, other than your sales force, the cleaners, the cleaning managers, and CEO, what other important people are important to hire, to maintain good relationships with clients?

    My third question, A lot of big companies in our region seem to have 1 year contracts with these companies. How on earth do you get big name clients to want to sign a legally binding contract for 1 year?

    My last question, how do you ensure stellar performance from your cleaners? Is it more money? Is it the people? Bonuses? Are some cleaners never going to cut it?

    Thank you for all of your time spent on this, I really appreciate the advice.

    submitted by /u/letsgetyoustarted
    [link] [comments]

    Hiring a digital marketing agency

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I decided to reach out here because I'm a little lost on how to approach hiring an agency. I run a small niche business and I'll be the first to admit that I've no clue when it comes to maintaining an online presence. I pay for Google and Facebook ads but I don't see much return.

    I'm looking to receive coaching in how to increase social media engagement, how to increase the visibility of my website, and how to reach the specific audience who would be interested in my service. The ideal team would spend the time learning about my company and also be patient as I am committed to learning as well about how I can improve in this area.

    I've already reached out to a couple local companies sharing my goals and have gotten some rejection letters so I don't think I'm currently targeting the right people.

    Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post and I so appreciate any insight you might be willing to share.

    submitted by /u/Bunny081286
    [link] [comments]

    Ignored Emails and Follow Ups

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 10:01 PM PDT

    I'm running into a lot of people ignoring emails and ignoring follow-ups. Most of these are leads or past clients. What's your favorite way to deal with people blowing you off?

    The types of emails are mostly relationship-based.

    submitted by /u/stepup511
    [link] [comments]

    Where to Find RFPs?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:03 PM PDT

    I was wondering if anyone had any insight on where you can find RFPs to respond to for Digital Marketing? I've seen a few services out there and had no idea if they were worth it.

    submitted by /u/andreamfuller
    [link] [comments]

    For a brand new business with 1 employee and all 1099 help, under $5000 revenue, should I even prioritize getting a CPA or worry about an attorney?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:43 AM PDT

    My business is mobile automotive repair. My liability is fairly minimum but truth be told I want the counsel of an expert to avoid potential pit falls in the future with taxes and laws. The issue though is I flat out don't generate a lot of revenue right now due to being a startup and still trying to identify where to allocate resources.

    What's best practice here?

    submitted by /u/Bodacious_Dad_Bod
    [link] [comments]

    Small Business One Employee Accounting Question

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 08:52 PM PDT

    I work as an independent contractor at a hospital. The hospital pays my small S-Corp with only me as an employee. S-Corp then pays me a payroll. Mind you I just started so I met with a CPA and financial advisor today. The CPA charges $320 for bookkeeping and payroll he then charges a fee during filing. The financial advisor charges a flat fee of $1750 to manage retirement and wealth management/growth etc. I'm just starting out so I have very little to no assets just student loan debt. It doesnt seem hard to manage just pay off student loans and put money into a 401k and other retirement savings until I have loans paid back and more money to grow.

    My questions are:

    1. How hard would it be for me to bookkeep and do payroll from one business account using something like gusto or quickbooks?
    2. Do the cost of the CPA and financial advisor seem really high?
    submitted by /u/Boy_Boss
    [link] [comments]

    I need some work

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 03:39 AM PDT

    Hey, I am a 20 year old graphic designer/uni student and I recently started doing graphic design for money. I am pretty new to the scene and all of my previous clients have been pretty satisfied with my work, but I am struggling with finding new people to work with, twitter is impossible because it is full of bots. So I am reaching out to the people of reddit, maybe someone in this sub needs some graphic design stuff done, logos, banners, business cards, merch, etc. Or maybe some of you have any tips for reachig out to clients, so if you want to work, hit me up, every kind of feedback will be appreciated. :)

    submitted by /u/ralpso
    [link] [comments]

    How to reach your audience on Facebook?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 03:06 AM PDT

    Hi guys! If you are interested in running ads on Facebook and, thus, reaching your target audience, read this article I just published: https://medium.com/marketing-for-small-businesses/3-steps-to-start-advertising-on-facebook

    I am interested in your feedback. Are you running FB ads? Does it bring you new clients, generate more revenue?

    submitted by /u/hozakmarek
    [link] [comments]

    Analysis paralysis

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 04:36 PM PDT

    I have issues with the topic in the title. I think I have a great idea for a tasting room/ micro brewery in Michigan that really caters to locals. Having local artists paint the walls, design beer and cocktail logos doing deals on merch with them and holding events for gaming. Can I get some motivation? Any thoughts or whatevers to help push over the edge and start actually looking into it more than running through a basic business plan?

    Little extra info: I'm a professional distiller right now at a local brewery and I've been brewing beer for around 5 years including in competitions and I've done 5 years retail management all the way up to store manager so I'm familiar with people and business and I know several in the specific business right now. I have a potential partner who is the biggest game event coordinator in our city and I think that will be huge too.

    submitted by /u/Jcbrew92
    [link] [comments]

    I am a small business CTO of a non tech company, With so many software solutions to every part of our business, where can I go to find out what is actually good?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 02:03 AM PDT

    Everytime I open youtube, got to a tech conference and attend any kind of meeting there are 100s of new and fun tech solutions to everything we want to do but it is hard to tell what is useful and what is fluff without a lot of research. I mean I could spend the better part of a year delving into the functionality of office365 and teams and still not know everything. I feel excited and frustrated at the same time by this.

    What do you guys do? Is there a good resource for this? How often do you evaluate your processes and whether software can be used to optimize it?

    submitted by /u/schlamniel
    [link] [comments]

    Question about inventory management. I just opened a fabric and craft store and am unsure how to account for inventory that I use for classes I teach. I also need to use fabric to make samples for the store. What is the best way to account for the cost and take them out of available inventory?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 09:53 PM PDT

    How to measure success? I am really bad at it...

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 08:03 PM PDT

    Hello. I own a small service business of 1 yr (window cleaning and pressure washing) and i want to know how to better track my success.

    I honestly dont know if im doing good or not. i still live at home (i am in my early 20's) ive been able to save (after expenses) $17,000 since march. That works out to only $2400 a month.

    That doesnt seem good. I do have a lot of expenses though... most of them seem necessary — supplies/materials, chemicals, gas, new equipment. For instance last month i spent nearly 2.5k in new equipment, supplies, etc.

    I just feel kind of lost. Some weeks ill make $1,500+, others $700, $800. It just seems like i should have more money. Any help would be very much appreciated. I would like to have a total of 30k saved (after expenses) from right now to june.

    submitted by /u/kza1209891
    [link] [comments]

    What is Success?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 01:40 AM PDT

    App to share inventory?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 08:51 PM PDT

    The question in the title and is simple. I know there are a bajillion different invetory tracking apps, and a lot of 'em are cool looking, but I am trying to fnd out if there is a app that can share my inventory in real still with custimer. Ideally it has both apple and android access but I can start with just one. I can always get my homies to make me a basic one, which is reallly what I am looking for now - but you knw, rather not spend hundreds if the option is already there

    That for the support I appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/gitgud9001
    [link] [comments]

    Wanting to start a bar.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:44 AM PDT

    How do I get a Business loan? What should I know about the loans?

    submitted by /u/bobbymcdanny
    [link] [comments]

    How do I open my own business or start my own restaurant/cafe in Canada?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 02:14 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I've always dreamt of turning into an entrepreneur and luckily my partner too shares the same dream.

    We are both professionals with 10+ years of experience in marketing, operations and my partner manages restaurants day in and out since almost a decade.

    We have moved to Canada and would love to start a small business of ours in the hospitality industry. Cafe or a restaurant.

    Can anyone help us with the procedure - financial, legal and other nitty gritties.

    Any feedback which province/city has ease of doing business etc

    Thanks,

    Penguin in Distress

    submitted by /u/PrettyMogli
    [link] [comments]

    A question from a a entrepreneur hopefull in college

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:53 PM PDT

    I'm currently in college right and waiting till I have some knowledge and a degree. But I was curious. What're some tips you guys have for starting a business. Like how should the business plan be laid out, what eventualities to you keep an eye on, stuff like that.

    I'm looking to start a comic shop someday in the future, but I figured I'd get insight from Reddit as silly as it sounds.

    submitted by /u/Gameturtle98
    [link] [comments]

    Where do you get company branded clothing?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:48 PM PDT

    We want to get some T-shirts, long sleeves, quarter zips, sweaters, along with the possibility of small stuff to give to our clients. Like pens and whatnot.

    Any recommendations helpful or even exact links to an item material you got and liked a lot. We just ordered a test from Spreadshirt but have also played around with 4imprint. We just want to make sure the material it's of high quality too.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/AK_Ether
    [link] [comments]

    I’d like to start a craft class, where do I start?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:39 PM PDT

    There's a ton of options to become a franchisee for "Paint n sip" companies, but I'd rather make my own schedule, and do other things besides painting.

    I was considering applying for a business license and renting out a small studio, and hosting a paint night one night, candle making class the next, plant night make you own terrarium, make your own bath bombs, etc. BYOB. I have about $5k saved up for start up fees, rent, supplies, etc.

    I was also considering "renting out" spaces to host a class at coffee shops, bars, etc, but would I need a business license for this? Would me having a credible website and taking payment through that be legit? I know a few business owners in the area who would host me, but I wonder how the legal areas would go of me accepting payment for the classes....

    Any advice would be helpful, thank you!

    submitted by /u/404funnotfound
    [link] [comments]

    SEO Question

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:36 PM PDT

    We currently employee an SEO guy to do our SEO marketing. It seems recently he has been doing less and less. We used to go from 5/6 posts a month down to an average of 2 a month while paying 600 a month. Our rankings seem to be good, but it really hasn't converted into potential clients. We never hear from him, he never explains what he is doing, and he only contacts us with a monthly status of web rankings that are clearly an automated report. We are stuck between a couple of options and wanted to get some input. Trying to decide if it is worth keeping it going with our current setup since we have good rankings, trying a different SEO company that would do more then just a couple of posts a month(maybe one that gives actual feedback), try alternative routes of marking. Any advice would be welcome.

    submitted by /u/verSATtileACTionprep
    [link] [comments]

    Question about cash handling for a small local theatre (performing arts)

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 06:28 PM PDT

    Hi there! First time poster in this sub, I just started working at a small theatre and I'm in charge of scheduling and managing a crew of volunteers who work the box office.

    They have a ticketing system called Showpass, but it's not a true Pos system. Meaning you can sell tickets from the system, but all tickets that are sold from the door are currently logged in Showpass as cash. Regardless of whether they're paid for with cash or with a debit/credit.

    When I first started, they were doing a full cash out after each show and I wondered if that was necessary. They also kept a tally sheet of who came through the box office and paid via cash/card. Like a tick, for each person who passes through. They have a till, but it's not popping open based on a sale, it's available to be opened to make change etc.

    At first, I didn't think it was necessary to have the tally sheet and the general manager agreed so they removed it. But then i found out that after each show the volunteers are adjusting the ticket sales so that the till balances... So since the tally sheets haven't been there for a couple of days the cash out has been out like approx $30 and its a real puzzler as to where the error is. I mean, besides having volunteers in a cash handling position in the first place.

    The ticketing system showpass does integrate with Square payments, but I was on a chat with them and they said that you have to buy a new iPad (an older model wouldn't work), download square software, physically ship the iPad to their office so they can do the integrating with Showpass and then they ship it back. This seems like quite the process.

    I feel like having a true pos system would help because they ticket totals are never round numbers due to tax and sometimes the quick math can throw a person. Similarly with all the ticket logged as cash, it would be better to have the true breakdown of payment types for tickets sold at the door.

    After each show there's a form we fill out to indicate how many tickets are sold and the bookkeeper pays the groups/acts/producers based on those numbers.

    I would love advice on the best way to track and reconcile the cash with special consideration to the fact that there's typically three shows per night and the amount the producer is paid is based on how many people attend each show.

    Sorry for the long post! The last time I did true cash handling was when I worked at HMV and I always balanced within a dime, and I've never been so perplexed with a cash system as this. Any insight available would be SO appreciated!

    This job is super awesome and the people are great, I want to create a work process that's easy but accurate.

    submitted by /u/Golf237Portland55
    [link] [comments]

    Just got a job doing social media for a Tailoring/ alterations business in NYC! Any advice or insight definitely helps!

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 05:51 PM PDT

    Hi all!

    So basically I was just recently hired to do the social media for two tailor shops in Manhattan. The money was good which counter acted my anxiety about the difference in content and posting.

    So the first tailor is established, good neighborhood connections, just needs to refresh Instagram/ yelp / google reviews. I've already prepared a deck, social media strategy/ have about three weeks of content I have lined up. Essentially things such as before and after a, client testimonials, tips and tricks for Instagram stories to increase engagement, incentives and email strategies to boost yelp and google reviews.

    The second tailor is brand new, like a week old, essentially the owner wanted to open a second establishment without his partner/ also for his wife who has a background in tailoring/ alterations. He's right around Columbus Circle, I met him through being a customer and feel positively about this because I can genuinely say his team is talented, precise and timely. His head tailor has literally turned a dress, an evening wear dress somehow some way into a full on jump suit not so long ago. The owner had mentioned wanting to market more towards suits/ men's tailoring because the surrounding area does host that kind of clientele.

    The original tailor shop is around the flatiron Chelsea area, their target demo being ages 22-35 because of the environment. It's mostly younger professionals just getting into tailoring/ buying evening or business wear and they go somewhere local to them.

    While the 57th street location can have similar demo's I also see more of an insurgence of an older demographic, and or families / family based groups trickling in from the UWS. I just want to know what I can do to make the two campaigns successful, how to truly create a good social base for a business with an over saturated yet not curated market. Any advice, comments, or even just talking about what you would like to see a tailor post would help me immensely. I tend to enjoy crowd sourcing with these kinds of things and any input is greatly appreciated to this newly hired formerly broke college student!

    submitted by /u/Low__arugala
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone own a brick & mortar gift shop?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 05:30 PM PDT

    This is something I'd like to pursue in the future. I have a very specific theme and location in mind, but I'm curious to hear from others who already run their own shop!

    How did you get started?

    What made you decide to open a physical store?

    Do you supplement with online sales?

    Is your business related or targeted to your specific physical area?

    If not, how did you choose a location?

    What kind of products do you carry?

    What made you decide to carry those specific types of items?

    Do you purchase items at wholesale or do you consign or both?

    How did you come up with funding for inventory, product displays, etc?

    Did you get any assistance from local small business associations, your local chamber of commerce, etc?

    What are some things you wish you'd known before diving in?

    submitted by /u/kiralovescats
    [link] [comments]

    Should I actually file for an LLC in Deleware or the state in which I reside?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:30 AM PDT

    I live in NYC. I'd like to form an LLC for freelance work that I do outside of my normal job. I've always read that Deleware is the place to form an LLC because it is the most affordable. Is that actually the case or does it just seem better at first glance? Would really appreciate some feedback!

    submitted by /u/igotaquestion09
    [link] [comments]

    How to reply to old (and negative) reviews from ex employees?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 01:33 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the right sub, but I work for a small locally-based security services business and I've been handling the reviews we get on Google and Facebook.

    Most of the reviews we get are very negative and from ex employees, and they go back into 2014. I've replied to the more recent reviews, positive and negative, but how far back should I keep replying to reviews? It feels weird to reply to absolutely scathing reviews from several years ago. But I also know that it's important for potential customers to see that the business has replied to reviews.

    Thoughts? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/highhopes202020
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment