• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 23, 2019

    Stocks - r/Stocks Daily Discussion Wednesday - Oct 23, 2019

    Stocks - r/Stocks Daily Discussion Wednesday - Oct 23, 2019


    r/Stocks Daily Discussion Wednesday - Oct 23, 2019

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 01:06 AM PDT

    These daily discussions run from Monday to Friday including during our themed posts.

    Some helpful links:

    If you have a basic question, for example "what is EPS," then google "investopedia EPS" and click the investopedia article on it; do this for everything until you have a more in depth question or just want to share what you learned.

    Please discuss your portfolios in the Rate My Portfolio sticky..

    See our past daily discussions here. Also links for: Technicals Tuesday, Options Trading Thursday, and Fundamentals Friday.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Tesla up big after Q3 earnings release

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 02:15 PM PDT

    Stock is up ~17% after hours following their positive Q3 earnings being reported.

    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-3q-2019-earnings-results-191052868.html?.tsrc=applewf

    submitted by /u/DLace31
    [link] [comments]

    Boeing profit slumps 53% as MAX crisis deepens

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 08:16 AM PDT

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-boeing-results/boeing-profit-slumps-53-as-max-grounding-takes-heavy-toll-idUSKBN1X21IK

    (Reuters) - Boeing Co (BA.N) cut production of its flagship Dreamliner and delayed the arrival of a successor to its 777 mini-jumbo, piling new pressures on a rejigged senior management team on Wednesday as the continued safety grounding of its 737 MAX sliced third quarter profits.

    The world's largest planemaker also said it was delaying plans to step up production on its money-spinning 737 line in the Seattle area, and would not hit a record-level 57 aircraft monthly until late 2020, months later than previously planned.

    Despite the trio of industrial setbacks, Boeing shares were up 2.6% in morning trading as its steady estimate of a 737 MAX return in the fourth quarter appeared to be eclipsing the downside of the 787 production cut and other problems, an analyst said.

    submitted by /u/coolcomfort123
    [link] [comments]

    Tesla shares soar after crushing third-quarter earnings

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 02:33 PM PDT

    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/23/tesla-tsla-earnings-q3-2019.html

    Adjusted earnings per share of $1.86 vs. expected losses of 42 cents per share

    Revenue of $6.3 billion, vs. expected $6.33 billion, according to Refinitiv consensus estimates

    submitted by /u/coolcomfort123
    [link] [comments]

    PayPal beats earnings

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 01:47 PM PDT

    PayPal beats on earnings, revenue and volume for the third quarter - https://on.mktw.net/31Do3J2

    submitted by /u/xcorgan
    [link] [comments]

    “Majority is always wrong”

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 02:11 AM PDT

    You've heard this a thousand times. In our case majority is saying that recession is coming, now getting back to the title of the post, wouldn't that mean that recession might not come in another 8-10 years? Would it be possible that gap between recessions can be double than the historical average?

    submitted by /u/Hyper_
    [link] [comments]

    PayPal tops Wall Street estimates on higher customer traffic, shares rally

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 02:38 PM PDT

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-paypal-results/paypal-tops-wall-street-estimates-on-higher-customer-traffic-shares-rally-idUSKBN1X22K6

    PayPal, which facilitates payments on apps like Uber, eBay, Hulu and Spotify, reported a 19% rise in its revenue at $4.38 billion, above analysts' expectations of $4.35 billion, according to IBES data from Refinitiv.

    Total payment volume (TPV), or the value of payments completed through PayPal's platform, rose 25% to $178.67 billion, beating estimates of $177.32 billion.

    Number of payment transactions per active account that measures consumer engagement also rose 9% to 39.8.

    Net income rose to $462 million, or 39 cents per share, in the quarter ended Sept 30, from $436 million, or 36 cents per share, a year earlier.

    Excluding one-time items, the company earned 61 cents per share, beating analysts' average estimates of 52 cents.

    PayPal expects 2019 adjusted profit between $3.06 and $3.08 per share. Analysts were expecting $2.97 per share.

    submitted by /u/coolcomfort123
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on whether Paypal is a good stock to hold for the long-term?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 07:19 PM PDT

    Beat earnings today. Already in earlier this year.

    Especially wondering what you think PYPL will do in a recession

    submitted by /u/tinyraccoon
    [link] [comments]

    Canadian and own a Physical US Certificate

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 03:43 PM PDT

    Hi there guys, I'm having a bit of an issue right now. My dad recently told me he invested in an IPO and he was given the shares in the form of a US physical certificate. The company is trading on the OTC right now. I've called several Canadian brokers and nobody seems to accept these physical certificates from the US. I was told by all these brokers that these shares can be traded on their platforms but we just can't deposit the shares. The company gave us a "VSTOCK TRANSFER" sheet showing all his personal information and the shares information.

    My dad wants to exit this company right now but we have no idea how. Does anyone have any suggestions whatsoever?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/hobbit1313
    [link] [comments]

    MSFT Beats Earnings, But Response is Lackluster

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 01:52 PM PDT

    Although earnings per share was beat by 11%, we still see no real movement in the stock. Could anybody answer why?

    submitted by /u/ramjaz
    [link] [comments]

    TXN price drop. Chance to buy?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 05:29 PM PDT

    I'm no expert, I just like to dabble a little. I ran across the information that TXN is down sharply. This is a relevant company with steady growth and a decent dividend. Does anyone have information they would like to share on the matter?

    submitted by /u/BassilsBest
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain to me why Gamestop ($GME) has been rising?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 01:46 PM PDT

    Title. It just looks like such a horrible company, no real way to grow revenue, high debt, the brand itself has no value, overall just like Macys or JCPenny except for games. Is there anything I'm missing here?

    submitted by /u/Kaen_No_Mai
    [link] [comments]

    Daytrading

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 10:04 PM PDT

    I felt a little betrayed when I saw Dijerian(sp?) on CNBC say MA was good for a short term trade because I have over a page and half of buy and sells of this one stock in the past year. I felt like my little secret was out!

    I finally realized so many of my 'quality' investments were going next to nowhere for the year and I decided to get in there and be aggressive. I've always watched for stocks that bounced a lot but this was a little more direct. I wanted a stock that went up and down often. I've been using the RSI and the Williams % to help determine what price levels to buy and sell at. I do almost everything with limit orders. Most of my trades actually go through while I am sleeping in. I've made over $6.5K this past year just buying and selling this one stock.

    I'm new to this platform so please show a little kindness. I'm not selling anything. I am looking to learn and/or share/teach anything I know about investing. I used to have some buddies I would talk about investing with and I am mostly looking to replace that camaraderie. Also curious to find out what this reddit thing is all about & how to use it better. Thanks

    John

    submitted by /u/Googolplex1001001SOS
    [link] [comments]

    Narrowly avoiding disaster

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 02:02 PM PDT

    What's one company you were seriously considering investing in but didn't only to watch the wheels come off shortly after?

    submitted by /u/talcum-x
    [link] [comments]

    BABA intrinsic value

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 12:25 PM PDT

    I tried to estimate the intrinsic value for BABA with dcf analysis. With a request return of 10% I found a price of 250 usd. Has anyone derived different value? I'm trying to learn how to do a reliable analysis.

    submitted by /u/Dave86ch
    [link] [comments]

    Discussion on Pot Stocks

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 01:22 PM PDT

    Canadian pot stocks are hitting 52 week lows and some like ACB may be considered undervalued. What do you all think about this market? None of them are turning a profit but the revenues are increasing at an impressive rate. With the stocks battered down I believe that the time to invest is very soon but I'd like to hear input from you guys.

    submitted by /u/corvettemikes
    [link] [comments]

    What does this mean when it comes to net?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 05:03 PM PDT

    I am getting multiple meanings from this. but in the general sense in finance, what does it mean when its stated as

    "Reported a loss of $1.6 billion on sales of $1.8 billion."

    I am watching a youtube clip about WeWork for fun. and the reporter states it that way.

    The multiple meanings I am getting at is

    1. loss of 1.6B with a sales (revenue) of 1.8B. net loss of 0.2B

    2. even with a revenue of 1.8B, they are still in the red 1.6B

    submitted by /u/iamnewnewnew
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on Steel?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 08:32 PM PDT

    Just finished my undergrad valuation course last term and below are some of the companies I have valued or working on valuing:

    Tesla (TSLA), U.S. Steel (X), Schnitzer Steel (SCHN), PG&E (PCG), General Electric (GE)

    Largely curious if anyone had anyone had any thoughts on the steel industry as a whole, pointers/resources for determining fair value, or general comments regarding these companies. GE was a monster to value and I don't think I will ever fully understand forecasting their balance sheet, but maybe one of you do?

    submitted by /u/peanutbutler22
    [link] [comments]

    AMD VS INTL

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 08:22 PM PDT

    With $INTC's earning coming up tomorrow do you think that could be an indication as what to expect for $AMD? I'm hoping AMD holds around $33-$34 before earnings.

    submitted by /u/frostee12
    [link] [comments]

    Undervalued stocks

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 08:18 PM PDT

    What kind of metrics are available to identify undervalued stocks?

    submitted by /u/Tenesmus83
    [link] [comments]

    Schwab Roth IRA

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 01:51 PM PDT

    What is the main difference between Schwab Total Stock Market Index vs Vanguard's?

    submitted by /u/smhans07
    [link] [comments]

    $TEUM investors can now join the class action lawsuit to potentially regain losses after $TEUM fraud

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 07:01 AM PDT

    https://www.glancylaw.com/cases-application/case-information/pareteum-corporation/#summary

    If you lost money between June and Oct 21st, you are eligible. <3

    RIP $TEUM bulls, but dont worry, there is hope for us.

    In the meantime, dont reinvest, despite how tempting that low share price is.

    submitted by /u/Fuehnix
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on F&C Investment Trust PLC.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 03:34 PM PDT

    Good Afternoon all.

    I'm looking to get into Stocks and Shares. I have a keen eye on F&C Investment, I believe with the steady growth it's had year after year, it just has more room for growth!

    I'm wondering if anyone here with experience could help advise me if buying F&C Investment Trust PLC shares are a good investment?

    submitted by /u/Akb01
    [link] [comments]

    Will stocks be for me?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 10:24 AM PDT

    I'm considering investing and I'm currently still in high school. I just love trading. I only play games where you can trade with other people ( Growtopia and Warframe are my main ones) , I have probably invested at least 5k hours hours trading and trying to make profit in games and later sold my earned in game currency for real money but I think I should start doing trading or investing in real life but I'm not sure if I should do it and where should I start?

    submitted by /u/forfams
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know why Waste Management stock went down today?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 07:02 PM PDT

    They reported good earnings today, revenue increased compared to last year. They are on track to meeting its full year guidance, so why is the stock down? Is it because their blended average commodity prices dropped by nearly 40% compared to last year?

    Forgive me if I said/phrased anything wrong, I'm still a rookie in the world of investing.

    submitted by /u/Blue-Skyline
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment