• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 29, 2019

    Startups Manic Mondays: Support To Get You Through The Week: Share What You Need Help With, Job Postings, For Hire Offers, or Resources

    Startups Manic Mondays: Support To Get You Through The Week: Share What You Need Help With, Job Postings, For Hire Offers, or Resources


    Manic Mondays: Support To Get You Through The Week: Share What You Need Help With, Job Postings, For Hire Offers, or Resources

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    Welcome to this week's Support Thread. Please refer to the below suggested formats to get the most out of this thread.

    Need Support?

    Please use the following format to seek support:

    SUPPORT REQUEST

    What I am working on: What I need support with: Why I need support with this: My questions to the community: Requested Resources: Relevant URL: [if applicable] Additional Comments: Please add any additional comments that may provide more context around what you need support with so others can provide the most relevant support or guidance to you.

    Job Provider?

    Please use the following format to post a job listing:

    HIRING Company Name and URL: Job Title/Role: Employment Type: [Intern] [Contract] [Part Time] [Full Time] [Remote] Job Description/Responsibilities: Necessary Skills and Experience: Requested, but not necessary Skills and Experience: Job Compensation: Willing to Relocate New Hire: [yes] [no] Job Listing URL: Additional Comments:

    Please add any additional comments that may provide more context around the job listing to make it easier for the right people to apply.

    Job Seeker?

    Please use the following format to post an offer to work :

    FOR HIRE Title/Role: Desired Location: Willing to Relocate: [yes] [no] Remote Availability: [yes] [no] Relevant Skills and Experience: Requested Salary/Hourly Rate: Resume/Portfolio URL: Additional Comments:

    Please add any additional comments that may provide more context around the job listing to make it easier for the right people to apply.

    Resource Provider?

    Please use the following format to post an offer to work :

    RESOURCE Organization Name and URL: Location Served: Resource Name: Resource Description: Resource URL: Resource Cost:

    Do not forget to explore the /r/startups discord. We have many relevant channels to seek support, post job listings, share for hire offers, and share resources. You can also find more support using instant chat on the /r/startups discord.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to connect B2B to conduct customer development interviews?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:59 PM PDT

    Like the title states I'm looking for suggestions on the best ways to reach out to businesses and conduct interviews with them. I've been doing cold messages on LinkedIn and so far that has not been very successful.

    Anyone have methods that have worked successfully for them in the past? Maybe other platforms besides LinkedIn that can be useful for this process?

    I'm currently reaching out to CEOs of the companies (small companies, roughly 20 people), so maybe I should try a less senior person?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/marosenthal18
    [link] [comments]

    Am I absolutely dreaming if I think I can create a new social network aimed at teenagers

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:17 AM PDT

    I've got a UVP, amazing design and a good business plan the only thing that I'm visibly missing is a solid marketing plan.

    When I show people what I've done they are pretty impressed by the whole idea, concept and design but others think I'm absolutely dreaming if I think I'm going to have any chance at taking users from the big networks at the moment.

    Doesn't help when I've seen 20 posts on here making fun of people chasing the social media space.

    But there also seems to be a lot of negativity here so it's hard to gauge if it's just coming from cynical people or people who know what they're talking about.

    At the end of the day everything social happens in cycles we've seen the rise and fall among many social networks. FB won't die due to the sheer size of it but that doesn't mean it's not already dead to the key market in social networking (teens) snapchat is on a decline due to stories essentially being its main feature and instagram having this and more.

    I used to see 100 stories posted by friends each day on their and now (when I do rarely visit) I see about 8-10 stories all by the same set of people each time.

    I would appreciate all advice on the subject including cynical opinions as they are most likely still valid.

    Thankyou in advance.

    submitted by /u/ttknsfw
    [link] [comments]

    How to get the right point of contact for selling products to restaurants in NYC?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:45 PM PDT

    I am trying to sell a (food) product to restaurants in NYC, I have no idea how to get in contact with the owner. Who is in charge for selecting merchandise? Is it the Owner or typically the manager? Should I just walk in with my product and business card... Or should I call? Should I send them samples with my contact info... How would you go about finding the right point of contact?

    submitted by /u/thekerbey
    [link] [comments]

    How to survive, when I need to left my current job to start a startup ?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 01:23 AM PDT

    I have an idea, I am a tech guy and can do MVP of the idea myself without money investment, but at the same time, I need to left my current job to start all of this. But my situation is that I need some money for a house renting and to live. How you survived in a situation like this?

    submitted by /u/Grish_tad
    [link] [comments]

    How to operate when another startup is doing essentially the same thing as you

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:21 PM PDT

    We are not operational yet but looking at MVP in the next 3 months. Another company is doing essentially the same thing but has been operational for about 12 months. I think our platform and marketing will be better and also we are in different countries (US/Canada.) Do I need to be worried about a lawsuit? It's pretty much a Lyft-Uber situation in terms of offerings. Very similar.

    submitted by /u/abeontheweb
    [link] [comments]

    Ideas welcomed for a smaller bridge round, raising on debt, before closing seed round in the next 4-5 weeks

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:22 AM PDT

    Hi all! Im in the midst of raising my seed round but need some capital in the interim to continue operating/product building.
    Im not interested in raising more on a SAFE and I'd prefer this interim cash to come through debt anyways, and for reference would be in the range of $30-40k and im located in san francisco.
    We use silicon valley bank, so that's one route ill reach out too.
    Any other references on services or ideas would be greatly appreciated, new territory for me here.

    submitted by /u/_RMR
    [link] [comments]

    Finding a technical cofounder?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:57 PM PDT

    I started a hardware startup with 2 other people. We were able to raise a pre-seed investment of $110,000. Shortly after we raised this, our technical cofounder (CTO) was diagnosed with cancer and had to leave the company. We used the funds to build a fully functioning prototype and custom PCB, but we just lost out on a big seed investment because of the CTO situation. We recognize we can't move any further without getting someone on board to fill this role. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to find this CTO, especially since we can't afford to pay them outside of equity, at this stage?

    submitted by /u/50shadesof_dre
    [link] [comments]

    How to say no to Investors when you are creating a product for Investors?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:48 PM PDT

    As the title says, i am creating a App like Crunchbase for Investors. And I want to bootstrap my company. But whenever I take it to any investor (to sell the product), all they want to know that if I'm looking for investments or not.

    I understand from an Investor point of view, they are here to make money and not give away. But my question is how do I make someone, who is interested in providing seed funding, my customer instead?

    submitted by /u/entrepreneur108
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment