• Breaking News

    Monday, October 21, 2019

    Should I be a car salesman or a cook? Sales and Selling

    Should I be a car salesman or a cook? Sales and Selling


    Should I be a car salesman or a cook?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 05:58 AM PDT

    Very simple. I am 25, male. Not much sales experience, besides selling things at a bagel store. Most of my experiences has been cooking on a grill.

    I did a job interview for a ford car dealership and it's commission based pay. I passed the background and they want me to fill out the paperwork at the end of this week.

    I also have a cook position at a place where I was told it was full time and around $17 an hour but I just received bad news that its $16.50 and about 30 to 35 hours a week.

    I just dont want to be struggling anymore with money. In order to be financially stable I need to make at least 40k, I only have an associates degree in health.

    People are telling me I cant handle being a salesperson cause I get stressed easily and being a cook would be more comfortable for me. But as a cook I'd be making 1800 a month after taxes and my Bill's are $2000 a month, as a car salesman I have the potential to making 40k and possibly more. I just dont know if I can sell cars.

    submitted by /u/2BeReal
    [link] [comments]

    Do you give out your personal number to clients who’ve purchased?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 07:13 AM PDT

    I've had about 4 or 5 clients over the years who are an absolute nightmare after you close the sale.. between blowing up your phone or demanding changes to an order or needling to get more out of you. Every time I've regretted giving my direct contact info to them. Then again there are times when direct contact with my client saved a few potential cancellations as well.

    Do you feel it out and judge who to give your number to?

    I'm in the middle of a neurotic client situation at the moment who's been spamming my phone incessantly at inappropriate times (Late evening, etc) with worries and it seriously makes me wonder at times if the direct line of communication with them helps or hinders the after sale process?

    This is home remodeling sales but I had this issues when I worked in cars and furniture as well.

    Any advice appreciated thanks!

    submitted by /u/AChosenOne
    [link] [comments]

    What did you change about your approach to sales that helped your career most?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    I'm new to IaaS sales and it's a little difficult getting up to speed with this industry and sales in general but I'm very determined to succeed in this long term.

    Is there anything you changed throughout your career in your approach to sales that led to your results dramatically improving?

    submitted by /u/awhled
    [link] [comments]

    How to answer interview: "Why do you want to leave your current job"?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 09:53 AM PDT

    I've been at my job for only 6 months. (1) Need more money, (2) My boss and I just don't work well together.

    What to say in a new interview?

    EDIT: I know not to say these things to an interviewer.

    submitted by /u/wagonwheelwhat
    [link] [comments]

    First job in sales (d2d) stressed and leaving. Where do I go from here?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 10:09 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I'm currently A door-to-door salesperson. I like my company, but my job is taking too much of a toll on my physical and mental health. Especially mental health.

    I'm going to be exposed to inclement weather in winter. In an area where we routinely have temperatures near zero and below. This is another reason for me wanting to leave.

    I went to college for psychology and originally I wanted to be a counselor. I applied for case management jobs and haven't heard anything back from them. Some of the strongest job leads I have are still in sales and still door to door. I want to get out of the door to door scene.

    I know it's a horrible idea to leave a job without having another one lined up, but there are days where I just want to walk away from this job.

    I feel like my resume is messed up because my strongest experience is sales and it's something I didn't necessarily want to do, it was the first job I was offered out of college. The strongest jobleads I have are still in sales and still door to door. The pay is higher and hrs are better but it still doesn't get me out of d2d cold knocks.

    If I was going to stay in sales what direction should I go in? I was thinking real estate.But there seems to be a bit of training to get that going.

    I'm a little desperate to get into a different job for the sake of my health. I'm trying to not let that influence the direction I go in.

    Any advice you can give me is appreciated. I'm a little new to Reddit sorry if the question isn't posted in the right sub.

    submitted by /u/littlesugareggs
    [link] [comments]

    SaaS Merchandising Theory?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 05:02 AM PDT

    I'm looking to better understand how to merchandise / price the different tiers of my Saas product.

    We currently have a good/better/best strategy that isn't really working the way we want, so I'm trying to research what else works. Can anyone point me in a better direction?

    submitted by /u/roll_josie
    [link] [comments]

    Who are the industry experts in sales?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 01:24 PM PDT

    I'm a tech entrepreneur and I'm very new to the sales world. Are there any well known industry experts that blog about sales tactics and techniques?

    I know Neil Patel is famous in the Digital Marketing world, are there similar people in the sales world?

    submitted by /u/caseyscompass
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on selling professional services (new role)

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 07:18 AM PDT

    I am transitioning from a professional services position based on the execution of services to a position, in the same sector, but with more sales responsibility. Basically, in my new position I would work as a freelancer and my professional growth (with the possibility of access to the company partnership) will be based on my ability to grow the business and attract new customers.

    Although of course in my current role I am always attentive to business opportunities, the new position will require a much more active attitude, something that is new to me. We perform financial consulting services, in a very specific context, so the commercial work will have a lot to do with the generation of relational capital, relevant contacts in key places (lawyers, directors of important companies), etc... I will also lose the support of working for a large company that is recognized in the sector to work in a specialized boutique without any renown, so I cannot count on selling a "logo" or reputation (except the one I manage to generate).

    I wanted to ask you about the following:

    - Methods I could use to organize the commercial activity, grow my relational capital, generate contacts and business opportunities, etc. I work best with a method, concrete objectives, routines, etc.

    - Useful bibliography in this context (I still have a few weeks to prepare myself, intellectually, motivationally and mentally).

    - Useful experience, if you have seen yourself in a similar situation (leaving a well paid and comfortable position to move to another less secure one, with very variable remuneration but -I hope- with greater potential for future growth).

    Thankful to hear any opinion,

    Regards.

    submitted by /u/Pimalai
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for vetting dealers in channel sales?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    I sell software through channels/dealers and since a few end-users came to us interested in buying, I had the idea to start prospecting potential dealers in their cities to get them on board with our platform along with serving the new a warm end-user leads.

    I tried doing half-assing this a couple of weeks back when I had an end-user opportunity but the dealer I referred the end-user to ended up pitching a competitor of ours. Thus, if I want to this the right way now, I was wondering how to best vet the dealers before connecting them with the warm end-user leads?

    At the moment I have a drip campaign set up linking to our deck, but what questions should I ask on the phone or email once these dealers respond to confirm that they are versed in our service offering and would be able to utilize our platform for the end-user leads without cock-blocking us and pitching them a competitor instead?

    submitted by /u/twinhed
    [link] [comments]

    Internal Networking

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 12:27 PM PDT

    Obviously results are what matter most in sales. But how has internal networking helped you climb up the corporate ladder?

    submitted by /u/awhled
    [link] [comments]

    are these good responses to overcome objections?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 12:14 PM PDT

    Background:

    I had a meeting with a guy to try and get his business for SEO. I told him I start with an assessment which is $1,000 and then when that is done, we get together and talk and if we work together, that goes toward the first month payment.

    He got an assessment, we got together to talk, and I quoted him $1,500 to $3,000 per month which he said was more than he wanted to pay. I NEVER DO THIS but I told him I'd give him a few links just to see what we can do (he did pay the thousand dollars and I didn't mind doing this). Now he's starting to get some movement. He said he wanted to meet again in 7 days and we'll talk.

    I have prepared for the normal responses I think I might get. I was trained not to overcome objections because we're supposed to let the person overcome their own objections. However. This method of selling hasn't been working for me so I've been changing it around a bit.

    ME: "I know when we last talked I said it's going to be anywhere between $1,500 and $3,000 per month and you said that was too expensive. Do you still feel that way?"

    HIM: (anything other than a no)

    Or should I say "has your opinion changed?" so he has to say no which is harder to say than yes.

    ME: "Perhaps we can do one more option. For 8 years I was basically a wholesale link provider. SEO companies would contract me to provide their backlinks. For our other option, we can just do that. It's entirely hands off, you are literally buying links. The rules are as follows: buy in multiples of 5, (blah blah rules), $25/link/month. So that's a minimum of $125 per month per group of 5 links, and you can add more as you want, does that fit your budget? Just don't expect really fast results with only a few links." (yes I would make money at this).

    SCENARIO 2

    HIM: "I can't afford to spend that much."

    ME: "Why do you think we charge so much?"

    HIM: "Well, you're probably worth it." (or whatever he says)

    ME: "That's right. But I don't think this is the right fit for you now. I feel your hesitation and don't want to make you uncomfortable. Why don't we wait a few months and reconnect then, maybe we'll have availability and you'll know if continuing makes sense." Literally pick up my stuff rapport break and start to walk out of the room. (is takeaway the right choice here?)

    SCENARIO 3:

    HIM: "pretty expensive"

    ME: "My cost on this, domain acquisition and management and such, is around 1500 to 2000 per month, I'm really only making 1000 on this. Now, mind you, that's me doing the work, I'm not paying people to do it, which means if you go anywhere else it will be more if you want this quality But if you're concerned about price you can go to fiverr and get 100 links for $5 if you want. But there's a reason it's 5$ It feasibly uses shitty content, C-Class Ips in bad neighborhoods, and garbage blogs. And the links probably don't stay online. And they're probably spamfarms. But they're $5." OR I could just stay at "But there's a reason it's $5" and let his mind try and figure it out on its own. ("Wait, $5 one time vs. $3,000 per month, what?")

    HIM: "Do you really think it will help?"

    ME: "You've already seen what we can do with a few links. Think if we did a full package." Then STFU and let him talk FEEL THE TENSION (this feels really boiler-roomy...)

    Scenario 4:

    HIM: "I don't know it's pretty expensive."

    ME: "Look, if it doesn't work, this will be obvious after 3 months. And I'll tell you we need to stop because I don't want to take your money and not get results."

    HIM: "But then I'l lbe out 4500."

    ME: "Yeah but what if it does work. How much money are you going to make. You're asking a lot of questions and they're good questions but I feel like maybe you don't think this is the right fit for you. Why don't we revisit in a few weeks and see where you're at." Break rapport and start to walk away. Is takeaway correct here???

    Scenario 5: Premptive strike

    HIM: "Yeah, thanks for meeting with me again. I don't think we'll be able to work together because I don't think I can provide your budget."

    ME: "No worries. Can I ask you a question, how much were you expecting to spend per month?"

    HIM: "Oh I don't know, not 1,500."

    ME: "Well would you say $5, 500, 1000 per month?"

    HIM: "Oh I'm not knowledgeable maybe 500 per month."

    ME: So your keywords are pretty competitive and you stand to make a lot of money per month if you rank. I grasp we already went over the paid ad costs to capture all that traffic (12000-50000 per month) and SEO represents a big savings over that. I don't really think you'll find what you're looking for quality long lasting for $500 per month BUT (wholesale description above)

    Sceneario 6: (IF he is considering working with me)

    HIM: "May I see some of the blogs?"

    ME: "Can I ask what you're looking for?" (reversal)

    HIM: "I just want to see them so I know what kind of sites you're using."

    ME: "We don't really send those to people. It's part of the whole private blog network thing. I suppose I can send you a couple to look at if you want to move forward. Did you want to move forward?"

    Are these decent responses?

    submitted by /u/howevertheory98968
    [link] [comments]

    B2B Sales Dress: Suit, Polo w/Logo, or Business Casual?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 12:05 PM PDT

    I do regular B2B sales calls and want to optimize my appearance. Our company provides services to medium-large companies in San Francisco, often in the tech or finance sectors. I've been wearing a suit but wonder if that's the best option. I reviewed previous posts but couldn't find a specific answer. The dress code at most client sites is an untucked button-up and slacks.

    My thoughts:

    • Suit - Maybe shows I'm professional and conservative (both good things in my industry)
    • Branded clothes - Gives the client a sense of what we'd look like working the site
    • Business casual - Dressed like the client or maybe one step above with a tucked-in shirt and jacket with khakis
    submitted by /u/SFTGFOP1
    [link] [comments]

    "This is my week to catchup"

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 11:42 AM PDT

    I feel like I've been saying this every week for the past 6 months. We had a major shakeup in my company, in a good way. I'm so beyond behind on catching up with key points of contact it's insane.

    I feel like every week I finally have the bandwidth to move forward and clear out my acitivities pipeline from down to 300 OVERDUE to a more reasonable number and it just never happens. More just keeps piling up.

    Does anyone else experience this? I'm on the cusp of hiring a personal assistant to start doing my first touches and confirmations for me.

    submitted by /u/ghostoutlaw
    [link] [comments]

    Alternatives to yesware Premium

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 11:33 AM PDT

    Hi Folks,

    Any alternate to Yesware Premium that you may have used? I am looking at campaign management and tracking of Links/Videos/ etc in terms of features.

    TIA :)

    submitted by /u/arpanj2
    [link] [comments]

    Recession

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 07:37 AM PDT

    Any solar guys during the last recession? How did it pan out during it?

    submitted by /u/imnotabotbitch
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone used Zoom Phone for VOIP?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 10:36 AM PDT

    We are users of Zoom video but are looking at adding the phone service to replace our current VOIP system. It looks slick and like the ability to dial from SFDC would be great for my AE's. Does anyone have any experience with using this?

    submitted by /u/gopackatx
    [link] [comments]

    Getting other quotes

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 10:24 AM PDT

    I'm "not sales" but a coordinator that does annual follow ups for inspections to schedule the work again. Most of the time we deal with the same Contact, but they do change all the time. I do get the response of needing to get another bid, as im not sales this shouldnt effect me... but it greatly does because then it takes away from my "not sales" quota. Based on the comments from the below thread i made a draft email and looking for feed back. 90% of my communication is over email, and i do call when trying to make initial contact. The customer knows this inspection needs to be done and last year we most likely did the work. The company that i work for was recently bought out, so i am under a new pricing structure and half of the customers that im contacting are from my previous company and the prices went from $900-$1050 a day to not the current $1200-$1400 a day, which is always a big issue and leads to get the i need other bids comment.

    Again im "not sales" but i follow up from the original sale from the previous year as an annual inspection.

    [Name],

    I understand, we still value your business, and would very much like to work with you again. Is there something that you are specifically looking for when making this decision? When do you believe the decision will be made? If you could please let us know if there is something we can do to increase the chance of being the obvious choice for your business.

    or should i bounce back with trying to schedule a call to ask these questions, and make this statement?

    I did find this article helpful but i could no longer post a comment.

    i did like what one member stated as "if the price was $1 would we earn the business today?" but not sure how to implement that into an email and have a constant communication, or should i try to schedule a call when i get this response?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/sales/comments/2z9f8c/what_to_say_when_client_says_they_are_getting/

    submitted by /u/elxd0ctorxship4
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking Advice - Sales Development - B2B SaaS

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 10:06 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    I am brand new to sales at 28 years old (I have "sales related" experience i.e. bar tending and management) . I am really enjoying it so far, I fit the bill fairly well for this kind of role. But I have a few insecurities and questions:

    1. I am just graduating college (yes, at 28) from a reputable university with a degree in Supply Chain Management. At this point in my life, I feel as though I am behind a lot of my peers professionally (and otherwise). A lot of the well paying Supply Chain positions take years of experience to get into. This is where I see sales as my opportunity to make up lost ground professionally and monetarily.
    2. The products my company deploy are Directory, Validation, and Integration services (ed. tech) for the education system (districts, charters, etc.). Does anyone have any knowledge of this industry or have any recommendations for succeeding? My priority right now is to learn as much as possible about both sales and all of our products.

    My main questions:

    1. Is this a good place to start? After some light research and years of thinking about doing Medical Device sales, I have become very interested in pursuing sales in the software sector.
    2. How realistic is it for me to transition into a bigger company with larger pay? The company I work for now is smaller (but growing) and I know the Account Managers don't make all that much. There is also huge opportunity for me to gain experience if I stick around, but I don't see me making a killing here.
    3. How much experience is typically asked of an individual looking to enter a Sales Rep position at a bigger, more reputable company with higher pay?

    EDIT: Also looking for any related advice

    To be clear - I know I am talking a lot about money. It is not entirely about the money for me. Yes, this plays a big role because I have a family and (as mentioned) feel I need to make up for lost ground (loans etc.). I want a meaningful professional experience and career which I feel I will do well in.

    Please let me know your thoughts, and I appreciate everyone who take the time to read and answer.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Fat7ace
    [link] [comments]

    What salary should I expect to get with a SDR job out of college?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    I'm graduating in a year and want to pursue a job in this field as an AE so I know I have to start as a SDR. I live in a good area with a growing job need for SDR's in Texas and I want to be prepared for what salary I should expect with base pay and OTE, what is the average I should be shooting for in my first year?

    submitted by /u/BrandonTheComicMan
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for getting into Tech Sales (SaaS) from Commercial Real Estate

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 09:03 AM PDT

    Hey folks, hope everyone's having a glorious day :)

    Looking to get some feedback/advice in regards to a career change from Commercial Real Estate to hopefully, Tech Sales.

    A little background: Started off as an Acquisitions Analyst with a Regional CR Developer, promoted to VP of Acquisitions after 20 months. After 6 years, left for an opportunity at a nationally ranked boutique CRE investment sales shop. Great business, great shop and stayed for 3 years before going the franchise route. Was a good experience but not for me. Sold the business last month....

    So, I'm extremely interested in and have my heart set on, tech sales. That said, I'm aware there will be some significant challenges, especially given the fact I'm 36, have no degree and no direct tech experience. I was lucky in the RE game, w/ respect to my lack of a degree, as I managed to sweet talk my way into an analyst role and my performance/production carried me from there.

    What would be the best route, for eventually getting to an Enterprise level sales role (SaaS, ideally)? Is this even possible? Should I target smaller or larger firms? Established or Startup? What should I expect for comp package? Are there any steps I can take to improve my chances? Any courses or certs I could pursue to help in my quest? Should I be targeting a SDR or a AE roles? Or something else?

    For what its worth, I'm EXTREMELY competitive (former college athlete), a perfectionist and I don't get butt-hurt easily. I'm a prospecting animal, a referral machine and a natural closer.

    Any advice, thoughts, suggestions, warnings, etc are appreciated. Don't beat around the bush. Shoot it to me straight.

    Thanks!

    -TC

    "I will do today, what others won't do; so I can do tomorrow, what others can't do" - Words to live by!

    submitted by /u/TopCheddahh
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone leave Paychex for a company they actually like?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 08:52 AM PDT

    I hate working for Paychex, I especially hate my manager. Anyone leave for another company that they actually like. I don't like selling payroll/HR services one bit. SOS

    submitted by /u/qvq2121
    [link] [comments]

    Is it this hard for everyone to land their first sales job?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 08:00 AM PDT

    B.S. Engineering, collegiate athlete, three internships (all engineering), minimal sales experience. I've applied to 43 different companies. So far I'm in the later stage of hiring process for a technical sales rep position, I have one interview for an SDR position coming up and sadly just got a rejection email recently with a company I was two interviews deep with.

    I just can't believe that I have 6% "success" rate with this process. I don't have sales experience, but I didn't know that was such a massive barrier to entrance for "entry level positions."

    I can't tell what I'm doing wrong to be overlooked more than 94% of the time. I'll keep growing my Linked-in connections to hit that magical 500+, but other than that I'm lost on what else I can do. My resume has already been professionally reviewed. I've read "Best of /r/sales", "How to Get Your First Sales Job", etc. This is mostly a vent... wondering if this is normal and open to any advice.

    BTW I've been applying to these positions: sales engineer, inside sales engineer, SDR, AE, solutions architect, outside sales, technical sales representative, territory sales manager.

    submitted by /u/_Vyking_
    [link] [comments]

    Can you help me decide?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 07:56 AM PDT

    So I'm starting my own business helping people get better sleep. I want to make sure my short description really says it all and people can recognize themselves in it.

    So my question is: with which one can you resonate the most?

    I would really appreciate your comment! Thanks!

    Options:

    1. I help professionals sleep again despite being busy and having 101 thinks on their minds.

    2. I help entrepreneurs sleep again despite being busy and having 101 thinks on their minds.

    3. I show busy professionals how to fall asleep effortlessly and sleep without waking up numerous times in the middle of the night.

    4. I show entrepreneurs hot to sleep again within 6 weeks so they can be more productive and full of energy throughout the day.

    submitted by /u/VincentEnduranceS
    [link] [comments]

    [Advice] How to generate a "cold" Email list B2B

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 07:37 AM PDT

    Hello r/sales This is one of the BEST subreddits out here! Want to say thank you. I'm looking for some tips, tricks, or techniques to generate an email list of small to medium size business owners. This is for a cold email campaign. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/Brock1321
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment