• Breaking News

    Monday, October 21, 2019

    Provider requests I "Opt-Out" of dental insurance claim for most of procedure? Insurance

    Provider requests I "Opt-Out" of dental insurance claim for most of procedure? Insurance


    Provider requests I "Opt-Out" of dental insurance claim for most of procedure?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 03:55 AM PDT

    I'm new to having insurance. I saw a periodontist about 6 weeks ago and they said my insurance would only cover part of the recommended work. Ok. I understand that. It seems similar to medical insurance.

    But then they asked me to sign an "opt-out" agreement document with a list of items that would not be submitted to insurance and they would not tell insurance the work was done "even though there is an agreement between <provider> and <insurance>."

    This seems odd to me. My understanding of insurance is that after they do the work, they submit their bill to the insurance company who adjust the cost of some treatment, pays some of that adjusted bill and I am responsible for the rest.

    Can anyone explain why the provider would want me to sign this? Should I?

    submitted by /u/badhumors
    [link] [comments]

    Own a $1 million dollar condo in San Francisco. Earthquake Insurance is non-existent, not a part of the HOA, and not needed for mortgage approval

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 04:50 PM PDT

    The big one hits, let us say an 8-9 on scale. The condo structure is leveled thus no condo or concept or property left. Essentially, in SF, everyone has mortgages for million dollar condos but no earthquake insurance due to it being a separate, non-required cost to qualify for a home loan. Earthquake insurance additionally is a "bad" deal, costing ~600/month and needing ~15% of home value up front for any damages. What happens economically to a condo owner in the situation a huge quake levels the whole property? Condo owners don't own the land in theory just the apartment which no longer exists

    submitted by /u/putLotionInTheB4sket
    [link] [comments]

    Can I drop my health insurance Jan 2020, and go on my wife's (teacher) plan - who chose benefits in August? [CA]

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 10:00 PM PDT

    I have health insurance through work (private corporation), and just got a raise. With that raise, my premiums went up and I am now paying $2400 a year for coverage for myself. My wife is a teacher, and they select their benefits in July/August 2019, her work pays 100% of her premiums. I can be added to her coverage for either $25/mo or $50/mo I can't remember which. I initially stayed alone on my own as I was established with my primary care/therapist/psychiatrist. Due to the high savings possibility, I would like to switch to her health insurance.

    Can I make this change? I realize 'open enrollment' is closed for her work, but if I lose coverage effective Jan 1, 2020, is it then possible to be added to her insurance? Or would we have to wait until next year for her open enrollment?

    submitted by /u/Down_With_Lima_Beans
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Adjuster test and licensing NY / NJ

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 09:37 PM PDT

    Greetings,

    I'm looking to be an insurance adjuster and practice in the state of NJ. I live in NY. The problem is the NY state adjuster course and exam is so difficult unless I had live classroom training there's no way I'm going to pass it.

    I've taken online courses that swear they prepare you for every state and when I go through the course and do well on "the course" questions I later realize when practicing NY State-specific questions I was nowhere near prepared.

    SIDE NOTE: What's worst is that in NY state they put a 12% cap on adjuster earnings.

    Unfortunately from what I understand, you must get licensed in the state you primarily reside in. Is there a way to "hack" the system to get a temporary PO Box or something to say you live in another state for licensing purposes?

    If not, does anyone know of an in-person classroom or tutor for the NYS All Lines Adjuster Exam?

    submitted by /u/MartinXCash
    [link] [comments]

    Car estimate

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 09:36 PM PDT

    Hello, I am going to the dealership in the morning to get my car estimated because the body shop said they think something is wrong mechanically. Will the insurance cover the cost of everything ?

    submitted by /u/stonietoniii
    [link] [comments]

    Career change

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 05:35 PM PDT

    Hey everyone what's the best way to start a career in insurance? Based off what I've been reading I'm leaning towards health or auto insurance any help would be greatly appreciated oh and I'm currently in Texas if that makes a difference, thanks!

    submitted by /u/FookinShite
    [link] [comments]

    Opinions/Assistance on resume to be a Underwriting Assistant/Trainee?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 09:02 PM PDT

    Here's my resume:

    https://i.redd.it/eq4a7nlpitt31.png

    I've been looking for a entry level starting job for the past months in Accounting/Finance to no luck, but came across underwriting as a related field. Do you guys have any recommendations how I can touch up my resume to get into the field? The resume is pretty generic to apply to all, so any guidance to make it more specific would be extremely helpful. Ideally I'm applying for assistant/trainee positions because of my lack of experience.

    submitted by /u/NoJuiceForMe
    [link] [comments]

    P&C Preliscensing Class&exam

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 08:31 PM PDT

    What should i be expecting

    submitted by /u/indigo-antler
    [link] [comments]

    Whose insurance should this employee be on? (see post for details)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 08:26 PM PDT

    Hello,

    My dad lives in the Houston area, he has a home with some acreage land.

    He has a DBA company with an EIN, it has one employee who is a ranch hand. The ranch hand does not live on site, he works 40 hours a week.

    The ranch hand cuts the grass, waters the trees when needed, generally maintains the outdoor areas.

    At times he drives my Dad's pickup truck to go to Home Depot etc. The vehicle is titled and registered in my dad's personal name, and is fully paid, it is old around 2007.

    I presume the ranch hand has his own auto insurance, as he drives his personal vehicle to my dads house and back. However, what happens if he, the ranch hand, gets in an accident, his fault, no fault, other drivers fault, while driving my Dad's truck?

    Does my Dad need to add him on his insurance?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/agdreaming
    [link] [comments]

    Who’s at fault

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 06:51 PM PDT

    Within a shopping plaza, there's a road wide enough for two lanes of traffic (entering + exiting). A car was stopped in the middle of the road with no turn signals on. Vehicles behind including myself are backed up waiting. I waited about 20 seconds behind them, no one was getting out, the car was at a standstill. I proceeded to pass the vehicle on the passenger side. When my vehicle was parallel to the other vehicle. The passenger decides to swing open the door and hits my door. Luckily a witness came forward and sided with me. Who is at fault from an insurance perspective?

    submitted by /u/timburkitty
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question about car insurance

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 04:32 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get my licence and a car, but in my state it's required to have insurance to get your license, so I was wondering. Is it usually more expensive to start your own insurance policy than it is to add somebody to the already existed insurance? Basically I want to know if it's a big difference if I start my own insurance policy or if my uncle adds me to his. I would personally rather have my own, but all depends on if it'll be way more expensive.

    Thanks for the help

    submitted by /u/hrig821
    [link] [comments]

    New trends

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 04:12 PM PDT

    I know there's a lot of disruptions in finance and other major industries that we didn't think were easy to disrupt, one of them being insurance. What do you guys think would be major disruption in insurance especially on customer experience aside from what we've already seen. Also what would be the major challenges especially with high cost of entry among other barriers

    submitted by /u/Enkerich1
    [link] [comments]

    Car accident.. in Florida.. other person got citation and I got a herniated disk. She had 25k BI ... not enough obviously now sent limit demand .. now tapping into my UI I have 50k ..I assume I’m going after 25k from my UI and her 25k BI total 50k correct? How much for surgery ? 1 disk

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 07:16 AM PDT

    Also I have 4500 left on my PIP can I get that to pay for a portion of my surgery?

    And when would a check be cut before or after surgery? Thanks

    submitted by /u/nick1681
    [link] [comments]

    Laundromat Accident

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:42 PM PDT

    Good afternoon r/insurance.

    I'm looking for advice on how to proceed with the following situation.

    I'm at a laundromat in Southern California. I place my laundry cart on a designated sidewalk right outside the laundromat doors. I step over to my car and my cart (on its own) rolls off the sidewalk and drops on a lyft driver's car. The driver was inside the laundromat doing his own laundry at the time. I flag him down and explain to him what happened. We exchange phone numbers and ID. He was asking for 500usd cash. I took plenty of pictures as his car was already pretty banged up from other non-cart related damages.

    Some of the patrons were suggesting I take it up with the laundromat owner as the carts do not have any kind of locking mechanism. Is there any kind of liability on the owner of the laundromat in this situation?

    I have auto insurance through state farm.

    Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Maeil
    [link] [comments]

    Total loss claim in a different state

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 02:06 PM PDT

    So I am trying to get some info for a unique situation. First, you have a car registered and insured in Colorado and you were driving in Colorado and you were hit by an Iowa driver. Your car has some damage and it may be a "total loss". In Colorado the total loss threshold is 100% of the value of the vehicle but in Iowa it is 50% of the value of the vehicle. Which threshold will be used in determining if the car is a total loss?

    submitted by /u/strizzy_74
    [link] [comments]

    Rental vehicle provided by insurance returned late

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 06:50 AM PDT

    I have a rental provided by insurance from a total loss claim. They said it is paid for until the 20th and I am liable for any additional days.

    No problem I thought, so I went to return the vehicle on the 19th and I find that the rental agency is closed on the weekends. This particular location does not have after-hours drop off.

    The rental agency advised me to return the vehicle on the 21st, which is one day late. The cs rep also mentioned that since the insurance company placed a return date on a day where the location is closed and does not have an after hours drop off, it is their fault and I should not have to pay for the additional day.

    The insurance company has stated multiple times that they will not pay anything after the 20th, am I on the hook thr additional day?

    submitted by /u/mpotato
    [link] [comments]

    car insurance quotes online not making sense.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 08:36 AM PDT

    looking to buy my first car (19) and was doing some craigslist browsing and as im finding cars within my budget (1000-2000 total) im putting them into a progressives website for a quote to see what it would cost a month to insure (i chose progressive cause it was on average giving lower quotes but not significant) . and after a few i decided as a goof to put in a 1998 chevy camaro v8 just to laugh at how high it would cost (always liked the catfish), and to my surprise it was one of least to insure out of the the lot i had already put in. (ex a 1998 toyota corolla was quoted for $204.15 a month and the camaro was quoted at $153.22 a month????) are these online quotes notoriously inaccurate or am i missing something?

    submitted by /u/MyPoopComeFromMyButt
    [link] [comments]

    Lowering home ins. premium and home inspections.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 11:23 AM PDT

    Hey all, any input would be appreciated.

    Texas Resident Home Owner about 4 years into his mortgage

    My buddy has been in financial troubles for a minute. He calls his home insurance company to request a reduction. Long and short of it is the company say (I am paraphrasing for brevity) "sure, but your house my be subject to inspection." He agrees.

    Well, they send someone out unannounced and do an exterior inspection while he is gone. They cite a ceaked window, some rotting boards at the garage door (fascia, I think it is. The trim boards.), and a modest pile of pine needles on the roof.

    They then go on to argue/threaten that if repairs are not rectified within 30 days, the policy is cancelled. And, repairs must be performed by a licensed contractor: he, the homeowner, cannot perform the repairs. Conveniently there was a recommended company in all the communications.

    Is this legit? It sounds like a scam to me. Now, if he did agree to the inspection... he's kinda screwed there. But 30 days for what is minor cosmetic work or the policy is scratched? I feel like this is a tactic used to screw people over. Is this a common practice? I've already urged him to call around and get answers from other providers and to seek out options for other providers.

    submitted by /u/justmyvice
    [link] [comments]

    the Hartford insurance ONE STAR rating!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 11:01 AM PDT

    someone under there insurance hit my car. it took them 9 days for me to get approved to pay me for the damages i look at my bank and only got $1.9k. i sent them 3 estimates from 3 different body shops on the damages and they counted $4400-4800. there telling me that there guy wrote his own estimate judging from some pictures of the damages instead of coming and taking a look at it in person and arent giving me the amount i need to fix it. i then had the shop i took it to call the insurance company them selves and figure it out. shes been calling them a couple times a day everyday for a week leaving voicemails and they haven't picked up or called back at all.

    submitted by /u/tanchik1678
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment