• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 26, 2019

    Only coworker in US is resigning - what do I ask before he leaves? Sales and Selling

    Only coworker in US is resigning - what do I ask before he leaves? Sales and Selling


    Only coworker in US is resigning - what do I ask before he leaves?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 06:57 AM PDT

    My only coworker in the US resigned and I'm inheriting his responsibilities. What do I need to know and ask before he leaves??

    We were a 2 person sales team for a European based company. I'm inheriting his customers, projects, shipping and receiving responsibilities with the warehouse.

    submitted by /u/mella0987
    [link] [comments]

    live Q/A from a B2B Marketing agency owner, in the lead generation niche. Questions welcome!

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 10:41 AM PDT

    Starts at 1PM CST:

    For those interested in joining & asking questions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA8g46u5aBo

    submitted by /u/bleeblopblup
    [link] [comments]

    Question For Remote People

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 07:13 AM PDT

    For those that are 100% remote sales how many of you rent an office space like wework or regus? If you don't have any of you thought about doing so? (I am talking about you personally renting a space for just yourself not your company renting it for you and other people to work out of)

    Sometimes I feel like it would be nice to "go somewhere to work" but not sure if I would spend the monthly rent to do so

    submitted by /u/what_who_is_this
    [link] [comments]

    B2C Need help getting ready for my first up

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 09:17 AM PDT

    I've been doing B2C mattress sales for about 8 months now and I have found that I am always foggy for my first up/customer. It doesn't matter if it happens 5 minutes into my shift or 5 hours; whether it is potentially a $500 sale or $5,000. It's imperative that I am on my A game right away because at my work we pride ourselves on the fact we teach our customers about what's inside mattresses instead of just asking soft/medium/firm.

    Foggy to me means that I have a hard time putting my thoughts to words. My brain almost doesn't feel awake or like I'm trying to explain something while being slightly hungover. I feel that I lose a lot of customers trust because I'm stumbling over words or seeming unsure of myself. Also I'm not sure if it matters but I have ADHD and am taking medication for it.

    Hopefully this post makes sense, if not then you've just experienced my foggyness first hand.

    submitted by /u/Steffany_w0525
    [link] [comments]

    Want the groups thoughts

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:42 AM PDT

    I'm 55 yrs old, I had weight loss surgery lost 106 lbs so far and have a new lease on life. I did commission sales til my last job which I have had 10 yrs. It's a small company I telecommute I'm like hand of the king. Everything from customer service to closing deals that come to us and up selling existing customers(which is like shooting fish in a barrel) But its go no where which was acceptable at close to 400 lbs but its not now. Also is payroll going to be on time your guess is as good as mine. I'm on salary, which even though late Ive gotten comfortable. I don't have a degree.

    My old selling mentor who are worked for as exec recruiter said I should go back to recruiting but work for myself. I have 4 months on living expenses covered. If I'm grinding I should hit my first deal in 90 days, working for myself and the cost to do this is very very low. So if I did 2 deals a year I would make what i make now (which is around 60k) . The thing is recruiting is tough because you are selling a thing that can change its mind. you sell a car , you don't have to go back to the buyer and say well I'm sorry I have to find you another car, that car decided to go with another owner. I rarely had lost offers but the world is very different than it once was.

    the second thought is apply for a sales job either I would get a very low salary and com or str8 com but its selling something that that just has to be sold on one side. Without a degree and being fucking old I don't think anyone would give me any type of base. Which then takes me back to just sell for yourself. Any thoughts? I haven't resigned yet. I'm planning the end of Nov so my two weeks will end dec 15 ish and then I can take 2 weeks to get my heads str8.

    Im scared but I know this has to happen. To wait another 2 to 3 yrs til the company folds and then even older.

    submitted by /u/ketoatl
    [link] [comments]

    Question about internships

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 03:42 AM PDT

    Ive been on the hunt for an internship in sales after working for my family business for the past few years. However, I am studying abroad this semester and many companies have responded to my application (for summer positions) asking to interview in person within the week. Of course I emailed and said that I would be happy to do a phone interview or virtual interview, but can not do an in person interview until December. I haven't heard back from any of the companies that requested in person interviews. Is it going to be a deal breaker that I can not interview in person until December? Im afraid that although im only here because I was able to secure large scholarships that studying abroad will make me seem like I am a rich kid. Should I be open about studying in Europe or only bring it up if necessary? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Imnoteventhatproud
    [link] [comments]

    Is tech sales a white man's territory?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 11:45 AM PDT

    We often talk about how stressful our jobs are and what we do to make it. Are there any sales positions that aren’t as stressful?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 10:44 AM PDT

    Note: I'm thinking stress from customers not from quotas etc.

    submitted by /u/Grainwheat
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone been through the Business Development Associate program with Salesforce?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 08:48 PM PDT

    Can you share you experiences?

    If not, if anyone that works as an SDR or BDR for salesforce could shed some light on what its like working there, company culture, pros cons, what does salary/commission look like?

    submitted by /u/_taeyeon
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion on D2D sales experience?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 09:41 AM PDT

    Hey guys! I had accidentally gotten roped into the door to door sales world right after college. It was (kinda) (sorta) (yes) a pyramid scheme where you had to build your team and once you had a big enough team you got to run your own sales firm. This was all through Cydcor and I actually became really really good at it. However, I decided to quit because it wasn't the career path that I wanted down the road. I have a serious passion for sales but I was really wondering what you guys thought of the D2D sales world and also how bigger companies think it looks on a resume? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hwillburger
    [link] [comments]

    Pay-per-lead

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 09:40 AM PDT

    I'm in the life insurance industry and looking to expand my business. I the past, I have used pay-per-lead services from All Web leads, which worked pretty good. If the lead didn't result in a sale, they would usually refund me if my volume was big enough. What PPL services is everyone having success with?

    submitted by /u/010jay010
    [link] [comments]

    My CPL (coverages per loan - credit insurance) has been low for months (I don't know how many)!

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 09:38 AM PDT

    Is this the right sub?

    I work at a subprime personal loan company and our metrics include: new money, titled % (how many loans are vehicle-secured), Direct Pay, and CPL (coverages per loan), among many others!

    We offer credit life, credit disability, involuntary unemployment, roadside assistance, and term life. The latter two are three year term, and the former three are for the length of the loan. The only problem is that they cost money!

    If people want to make sure the loan is paid off if they die, or have their payments made while they are on disability and unemployment, they have to spend about $15, $30, sometimes $60 more, depending on the size of the loan.

    A lot of these people have been at their jobs for a long time, or they have disability through work, or they just don't give a damn what happens to the loan if they die!

    They just want the lowest monthly payment. I'm getting judged for that. What do.

    submitted by /u/Aurelius369
    [link] [comments]

    Surgical Sales in the OR

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:22 PM PDT

    I'm sure some will rip me for this question, but I'm currently a med device rep who rarely steps foot in an OR. Most of my business is done outside of physical surgery and the products don't need much training during the procedure.

    I'm interviewing for a new role that would place me directly in the OR to assist with products being used mid operation. I'm a little wary about this since I don't have much experience watching and involved in something like this. It's a great opportunity that I'd love to go after. How have some of you gotten acclimated with a position that puts you in the OR during a procedure? Any tips?

    submitted by /u/JohnEThree3
    [link] [comments]

    If I interview with an industry competitor, are they bound by law not to tell anyone outside the company?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 12:04 AM PDT

    i.e. Is there a risk of the interview getting back to my boss?

    submitted by /u/pocketsked
    [link] [comments]

    When to give up on a deal

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:58 PM PDT

    I'm writing this to encourage discussion.

    I just recently re-engaged a customer I had not spoken to in a year, and set up a meeting next week. To give some framework, I sell high value machines that have sales cycles that can be several years.

    The deal I thought was going well, but they just ghosted me. Often in situations like this, I would get even more aggressive; I would show up to their facility, go over my contact to his boss, and fight until I knew I gave it every chance I could, even if it meant burning a small bridge - ultimately, is that any worse than losing a deal for not trying? Especially in high value sales - there's so much effort put into each deal, isn't it a waste to not give that final push?

    I'm starting to feel different now. My last meeting with this customer wasn't me being overly aggressive. His last memory of me is being a resource for technical questions, and being professional with how I followed up. I didn't drop my pants on price out of desperation. I didn't use any high pressure tactics, I just moved to the next one.

    Walking away from a deal is not just about saving yourself time, it's about saving yourself credibility as a sales professional. It's about saving your sanity and emotions to help with the next deal.

    So when should you walk away after being ghosted? Here's a few things I like to figure out first: -Is my contact still working there? Has he moved on, or no longer in charge of the same thing? -Has their reason for buying gone away? -Do they no longer have the finances?

    If your contact is still there, they still have a reason to buy, and still have money to buy, but they still ghosted you - time to walk away.

    But before you do, write your goodbye email: "I've tried several times to reach you, but I'm going to assume you're going a different direction. One last thing I'd like to mention is ______. If you decide you want to pick this back up, let me know.

    The ____ should be any major detail about the deal you never had the chance to tell them. Don't repeat anything you've already told them - like Zig Ziglar says, no means no, based on the information they have. Don't give them the same information, if it didn't work the first time, it won't work.

    Do you agree?

    submitted by /u/theRealDerekWalker
    [link] [comments]

    Automotive Sales or SDR/BDR Opportunity

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 03:36 PM PDT

    Dear All,

    I've been a Sales Manager for approximately 7 years as an individual contributor role in the cycling industry. This is a B2B position working mainly with distribution companies and online retailers. I'm now looking for a move to a new industry...

    My two areas of interest are either Automotive Sales or an SDR/BDR role in SaaS.

    My thoughts on these fields: SDR and BDR roles seem like you'll be doing tons of cold calling, personally not a huge fan of this model of sales. However if I find the right company whose business model I personally support and like I'd be more than willing to give it a shot.

    I've also never done any cold calling, emailing or social selling before. So there will be a learning curve in that regard.

    Automotive seems, for me, to be a bit more natural. I say that because I'll be dealing directly with people face to face. This is more similar to what I am currently doing.

    Where I'm from it requires licensing, not hard to get but still necessary (it a super simple test that can be done in one day). Weekend work seems like a drag but should also be the best time to sell.

    I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on these roles and what I should look out for and stay away from in my job search.

    submitted by /u/Dropperofdeuces
    [link] [comments]

    Wireless Retail sales consultant at sprint vs tech sales internship

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 05:36 PM PDT

    Hi everyone so I was recently offered a position as a retail sales consultant at sprint wireless, and i also Have a good feeling I'll be offered a position as a sales intern at a healthcare tech sales company pretty well known in my area.

    The sales internship won't have any real sales experience and it's just sales training and a "project based internship" so I was wondering if I should quit my sprint job when time comes for the internship, or keep my sprint job?

    submitted by /u/Thebreezy_1
    [link] [comments]

    What kind of sales workflow/style leads to success?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:55 PM PDT

    I'm wondering what the workflow and attitude looks like for successful salespeople?

    I've been an SDR for 14 months now, in my first year I had great results and most of that was just from making a shit load of calls, I often browsed random youtube videos, snacked, texted girls in between calls to keep my mind awake but I still made the most calls in my whole company. Some of my colleagues spent hours doing LinkedIn research, perfecting their salesloft/outreach sequences, adding the perfect touches to their emails etc

    I studied engineering in college, I know that successful students dedicated 2-3 hour blocks of daily studying, revision, practise papers etc

    From your experience, what kind of workflow / style leads to success in sales?

    submitted by /u/aucklandsalesguy
    [link] [comments]

    Any instance during a cold call where it's ok to move on?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 01:00 PM PDT

    Just had a call and the lady said they weren't interested and had to go due to an event.

    My gut reaction was to say ok have a nice day and she hung up.

    Was this the right move? Should I have kept her on the line even if she wasn't interested or didn't want to talk?

    submitted by /u/Anorganicpixel_
    [link] [comments]

    Hiring AEs and SDRs (SMB Finance) - NYC Area

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 12:54 PM PDT

    Hey Everyone,

    I just saw the post about the SaaS sales hiring and I thought I would do my part as well. I am a long-time lurker, few time poster on this subreddit.

    I have been working for my current startup for the past 7 months and have really enjoyed my time here. We have been profitable for a few years now and they are starting to ramp up their sales hiring. We are looking for smart entry-level salespeople. Many of our team were college athletes (I was not) or recently graduated and want to focus in the sales world.

    We have an excellent training program with most of our reps going on to hit their goals. There is a big focus here on growth and development as all of our sales managers were promoted from within.

    If you are interested let me know and I can give you more details.

    Edit:

    As was pointed out I didn't previously post OTEs.

    I know we recently redid this but I think entry level OTE is in the mid 70s. I am currently on track for the mid-90s.

    It is a monthly quota with 75% of people hitting quote each month with the top 3 in the 150% range.

    submitted by /u/Barnaby_Jonezzz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment