• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 29, 2019

    My car is about to be a write-off just because of a very minor accident. Do I have other options? Insurance

    My car is about to be a write-off just because of a very minor accident. Do I have other options? Insurance


    My car is about to be a write-off just because of a very minor accident. Do I have other options?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:04 PM PDT

    Location: Western Canada. Someone side swiped me a few weeks ago, totally their fault. Insurance has already told me that. My car is an older Mazda 3; it has average mileage for its age but works perfectly fine. It's got another 2 years in it at least, if not more. The accident caused very minor damage - just a few scratches and a small dent on the door. You can hardly even notice unless you're looking for it. The cost to repair it, however, is slightly more than the vehicle is worth.

    The other guy's insurance company gave me 2 options:

    1. that I can either take the pre-collision value of the vehicle and give them the car in the state that it's in now (so they can auction it off), or

    2. That they give me the difference in pre-collision value and current value, BUT also add a salvage title to the car.

    This seems really unfair to me. If I take the second option, I'll have to spend all the money on inspections just to get rid of the salvage title. The car works perfectly fine, and is worth more to me even than the money I would get if I hand it back to the insurance company and get the pre-collision value.

    Are these really my only two options? If so, then I really regret going through insurance.. Maybe I should have just made a handshake deal with the guy that hit me.

    submitted by /u/EnderWillEndUs
    [link] [comments]

    Is this insurance fraud? - wisconsin

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:53 AM PDT

    My partner and i owned a crappy old car. We had a friend who can fix cars. We gave the car to him and if he could fix it - he could keep it. It truly was crappy so he sold it to a scrap yard. We forgot to cancel it on our insurance (this was our mistake). I just got a call from our insurance agent. Someone driving the car rear-ended another car and gave them our old insurance card. We are working on finding proof that it was sold to the scrap yard. What else do we need to do so this does not come back on us? We have no relationship to the people who were driving. Obviously, they dont have their own insurance. Is there a way to find out if they ever registered the car under their name? At what point should the police be involved? Thanks for any help. I know we handled this situation like dumbasses, (just glad it wasnt worse) but looking to try and handle it better going forward.

    submitted by /u/HornedGoatScream
    [link] [comments]

    I was recently in an accident where the driver has admitted liability, my excess is quite high so do I claim through my insurance or the third party's?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 01:47 AM PDT

    I tried to claim through my insurance first. I was told I won't lose my no claims, but they will deduct my excess (£690) from the payout. To me that sounds like if my car is worth £2000, then they will take £690 of it leaving me with £1310.

    The third party's insurer contacted me recently and has told me she admits liability and have offered to pay for repairs and give me a courtesy car to use. So I don't have to pay my excess and I again won't lose my no claims.

    I'm tempted to go with the third party, is there a reason why I shouldn't?

    Honestly I'm feeling sick with anxiety because it feels like I'm being manipulated by these companies to get the most profit for them.

    EDIT: To clarify I'm in the UK, but I feel the answer won't change due to my location.

    submitted by /u/Cyber_Apocalypse
    [link] [comments]

    Adjusters, I want your advice, please

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 12:14 AM PDT

    Was a property adjuster for a long time, pretty successful at it. Now I'm an auto adjuster at a different company and I'm trying to reduce my learning curve when it comes to efficiency.

    In property I had a high pending, but with medium-longterm repair timeframes so they were open for a while. Auto is a bit different, between 14 and 25 new exposures a day. I like it, but I'm still learning and so many of my peers are buried or struggling to avoid getting behind. Tell me all your best secrets to be efficient and stay on top of your workload.

    I appreciate any suggestions you've got!!

    submitted by /u/wonderwoo22
    [link] [comments]

    Diminished Value Claim (CO) on new vehicle

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:58 PM PDT

    I realize this question is asked somewhat often, but I'm a little confused about how to handle this. I just bought a new 2019 VW GTI, and was rear ended the next day. Hadn't even driven 100 miles yet. The other insurance (Geico) has taken responsibility and is paying for damages right now. The estimate to repair is 2.1k.

    There was no structural damage, but they are replacing the entire rear bumper and repairing the hatch. I assume I should be a good candidate for a DVC, but what steps should I be taking? Is the payout even going to be worth the effort?

    I am in Colorado.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/deusxq
    [link] [comments]

    I have a car that I am working on and an old guy missed his turn and rammed into the back of the car. It doesn’t have insurance yet.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:43 PM PDT

    It was on private property and he scrapped the back of my car. I don't have insurance on it as it is being fixed awaiting a part. He left his auto insurance information. He admitted fault. What is my next step? Should I wait till it is running to insure it then file a claim or can I get it fixed without having to get the body work done.

    Location Arizona.

    submitted by /u/babybopp
    [link] [comments]

    ARM 54 EXAM

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:41 PM PDT

    I am taking the ARM 54 3RD Edition exam as my final ARM test. All I have is the book. Does anyone have a study guide, a good quizlet page, or some helpful notes. Please comment below if you have any helpful tips or resources.

    submitted by /u/JoeWoodWorker13
    [link] [comments]

    Missed 30 day Newborn enrollment by less than a week (TX)

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:34 PM PDT

    Hey guys I'm needing some advice! In my postpartum haze and stupidly thinking I needed to wait for his social to come in the mail, I waited/forgot to call HR until his card came in. I called on Thursday of last week and just got a call today saying there's nothing to be done and I'll have to go elsewhere until July of 2020 to add him unless I have another life event.
    I can't afford to get another insurance plan as I'm on unpaid maternity leave and won't go back to work until mid November. I haven't even had my six week checkup to be cleared to return to work. I'm absolutely freaking out and I'm really needing help. Is there anyway to appeal this??

    submitted by /u/eriiiiiinle
    [link] [comments]

    Adjustment disorder: will it affect life, health or auto insurance?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:14 PM PDT

    Hey there! I served in military in my country for 2 years and was diagnosed with adjustment disorder at the start because I couldnt adapt well to military life, I had troubles sleeping and was feeling stressed out.

    I was wondering if 6 years down the road, will this record of adjustment disorder affect my health, life or auto insurance in any way? Im afraid that this record I have will cause insurance companies to reject me.

    My condition was a one time thing due to my military service and wasnt a very severe case.

    submitted by /u/Usual_Vanilla
    [link] [comments]

    Do I close a claim with my insurance if other driver admitted fault to police and her insurance?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:57 PM PDT

    Driver fell asleep at the wheel and read ended me. She admitted this to the police and to her insurance. Her insurance called me and said they were going to take care of everything for me: the tow, rental car, car repairs, etc. Her insurance told me to close my claim with my insurance because of this. Is this the correct thing to do or should I keep a claim open with my insurance? I'm thinking there's a good chance my car might be totaled if that changes anything.

    submitted by /u/TypicaL_Tre
    [link] [comments]

    [WA] Personal Injury Settlement & Insurance Subrogation

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:23 AM PDT

    Earlier this year I was injured in a gym. I had to go to the ER, and I ended up with about $2k in medical bills, $300 of which was paid out by my insurance. I later settled a claim with the gyms 3rd party carrier for $3k. Before settling, I read that it was up to me to inform my health insurance that I was settling a claim because they are allowed to receive repayment for their coverage after settlement.

    I wanted to do the right thing, and I also read that it was illegal not to inform the insurance company (and I'm a paranoid, anxious person), so I informed them.

    I recently received a letter from the insurance company's subrogation department asking for an update on the settlement. They are asking if the claim is settled and how much the settlement was for. In the release of claims settlement document with the 3rd party liability company, there is a clause that says the settlement (amount/details) need to remain confidential.

    Am I allowed to share out total amount of settlement to my insurance's subrogation company? Why do they even need to know this? Should I refrain from sharing total payout? Also, should I just call the company up and pay them the $300 over the phone or are they going to try to get the money from the 3rd party carrier first (which isn't going to happen)? Is there anything I should be concerned about before I call them in terms of information I should and shouldn't be sharing?

    submitted by /u/dwaofwa
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure how deductible works--"met by all family members" vs "met by at least 2 people"

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:23 PM PDT

    I'm comparing health insurance plans and am unclear how the annual deductible and annual out of pocket max work. One plan says that the deductible/OOP must be "met by all family members", and the other 2 plan options specify that they must be "met by at least two people". What does that actually mean?

    For more info, Plan A has deductibles of $1500/$3000 (ind/family), Plan B's is $600/$1200, and Plan C has no deductible. For the OOP max, Plan A has $4000/$6850 (ind/family), Plan B's is $4600/$9200 and Plan C's is $3250/6500. We are a family of 5.

    Any insight would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/nomoresillydaydreams
    [link] [comments]

    Qualifying event

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:08 PM PDT

    Hello all! My husband's open enrollment is in August, while mine is in November. We have a child coming in June. My HR said I cannot add my husband when the child is born, only the child.

    Do you guys know if there are any loop holes?

    My insurance for myself current costs $140 a month, my workplace doesnt offer a spouse plan, so that means I would have to do a family plan and that would increase the cost to $526. Currently my husband's insurance is free through his work, but if he doesn't use his insurance they give him $670 extra a month for not using their insurance. So it's like it would cover us as a family and then some!

    If I have no choice but to pay that for the next several months, then I will, but I would much rather use it towards the baby!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Lynn5678
    [link] [comments]

    Question on filing auto claim when cost less than deductible

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:39 PM PDT

    Hello, I had filed a claim through my insurance for a hit and run that resulted in some minor damage to my cars rear and went through Geico's arx program.

    However it turns out the estimate for the cost of repair is slightly less than my deductible. Was just wondering if there was any benefit in canceling the not at fault claim through Geico vs leaving the claim open (the arx offers lifetime warranty on the repair job so not sure how that weighs vs having a not at fault claim on file) thank you.

    submitted by /u/whatisakerda
    [link] [comments]

    Auto Adjuster Career Advice?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:26 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    I live in Central Pa. and looking for a career change. I have 10 years in customer service with management experience as well. My current career requires me to work a lot of weekend/nights but looking for something with a little more flexibility. I have an interest in cars as well as solving customer issues/problems so this has lead me to possibly being an adjuster in the car insurance field.

    Does anyone have any advice on how to break into the industry?

    Companies to stay away from/great ones to start with?

    Any insight would be great!

    submitted by /u/GJM87
    [link] [comments]

    Commercial Line producer - exam question

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:44 AM PDT

    Hi guys - I amlooking at getting my P&C license I just received the book

    I'm curious of others who have done this recently - how difficult is it actually? I'm normally a very good test taker, I've been looking online at additional study materials but I am not sure who is well renowned for their products

    So my questions are

    1) how difficult is actual test

    2) how long would you suggest studying for test

    3) is additional study material worth it

    4) if 3 is a yes what's a good company

    5) is it correct that about 90% of the 150 questions relate to federal regulation and the remaining 10 depend on the individual state insurance laws?

    Thank you for the help

    submitted by /u/Enomalie
    [link] [comments]

    Total Loss vehicle hit again

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:59 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    First off, thanks for taking the time to read this. Here is the fact pattern of my case:

    - My Honda Accord was rear ended 2 years ago, resulting in a total loss. I retained the car, got it fixed, but now it is a salvage title.

    - I live in Utah (don't know if that is necessary info but I saw a post asking for people to mention where they are from).

    - I was rear ended last week in my vehicle. The driver has accepted responsibility and we are filing a claim.

    My question is this, given that my car is already a salvage title, what kind of payout can I expect for the vehicle. I realize that the scrap value is ~$1,500.00. Is that the value I can expect, or do adjusters look at the market value of salvage vehicles in your area to determine what the value was before the accident?

    Thanks again for your time!

    submitted by /u/drubiks_cube
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good place to ask a question re dental insurance?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:11 AM PDT

    I have a general question about how policies and limits work. Not sure if this is a good sub for that.

    submitted by /u/Summer-BBW
    [link] [comments]

    Married couple- separate auto insurance?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:55 PM PDT

    I got us kicked off of our Safeco insurance due to four fender-benders in the year 2018. For what it's worth, there was no bodily injury claimed on any of these and my car sustained no damage. The damage paid out to the other parties were probably over $1000 each. There have been no incidents in 2019 (yay!) If I just insure myself and my husband on one car, I am being quoted ~$150/month but when I add our other two cars (which I never drive) it jumps up to $290/month. I want to find a way to have my husband insured on the other two cars, but not me. I am fine if this is with another insurance carrier, but I am being told that most insurance carriers will discover that my husband is married to a terrible driver and will insist on adding me to the other two cars. What say you, insurance experts?

    submitted by /u/214carey
    [link] [comments]

    Claims Adjuster

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    Hello, what jobs would it be helpful if you have a backgrpund as a claims adjuster if you dont choose to do that for an entire career.

    submitted by /u/Mobear29
    [link] [comments]

    Do I get penalized in 2020 for not having health insurance?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:38 AM PDT

    Long story short, I googled that Trump got rid of this for 2019 bit I'm not sure if this continues into 2020?

    Also as a general question, as a resident of Arizona - what insurance am I required to have, by which I mean not having insurance A or B would incur penalties or costs in excess of buying the insurance?

    submitted by /u/jeron9
    [link] [comments]

    Responsibility when letting someone test drive a private sale car?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:52 AM PDT

    We just bought a new car, and we plan on selling the old car via private party. With that, when we added the new car to our insurance we simultaneously dropped the old car's coverage to the legal minimum.

    Was this a bad idea? The car will mostly be sitting around, but it will have the occasional test drive done on it.

    More importantly, if we let someone test drive it, who is responsible in the event of an accident? And if insurance doesn't cover squat, would I have legal recourse against the driver or would I be SOL?

    This is in NC, USA if that matters. Also, any test drive would be accompanied by myself... sure as hell not about to let someone take my car for a spin on their own.

    submitted by /u/DaveSauce0
    [link] [comments]

    Any reason to get 2nd health insurance?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:16 PM PDT

    I'm 23 years old, still on my parents' (quite good PPO) health insurance plan. Having me on the plan is no extra cost to them, so I will stay on their plan until I age out.

    I am also able to sign up for health insurance through my own full-time job- options are either a PPO at $200/month or an HDHP with HSA at $40/month. My employer would also make a monthly contribution to my HSA if I had it, bringing the net cost of the HDHP down to about $12/month or $150 for the year.

    Is there any reason it would benefit me to spend that $150/year to have secondary insurance and access to an HSA?

    Are there health situations where being double insured will help me financially? How does that work billing-wise? Does 2 insurance providers mean I get 2 "annual" preventative care checkups? For non-preventative appointments, would I have to meet the deductible for my "primary" insurance before "secondary" even kicks in?

    submitted by /u/chameleonsEverywhere
    [link] [comments]

    DMO vs PPO, which is better?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:13 PM PDT

    This is my first time getting dental insurance through my company and they offer both PPO and DMO. I've looked it up online but I haven't found anything that really explains what the difference is between the two of them The monthly difference between the two for me would be like $5.

    This is the breakdown they gave me

    Which is better? What's the (ELI5) difference?

    submitted by /u/meltedpocketcandy
    [link] [comments]

    Settling a Chiro bill from car accident; how does this work?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    Good afternoon, all -

    The wife was in a car accident and the other driver's insurance paid for her totaled car with the first check and subsequent visits to a chiro. Over the months, the wife stopped going to chiro due to numerous reasons and ended up settling for just over $9k to close out the claim. The insurance company sent us the check, and the bill from the chiro is $7.5k.

    I have no idea how this works, and I am afraid that I am thinking is illegal, but:

    Can I submit our own health insurance (provided through my work) to the chiro so we can meet (and definitely exceed) our deductible? Or is this somehow double dipping and will get us into trouble? We are close to our deductible anyway, and it would save us thousands once the co-insurance kicks in.

    I have an HDHP and HSA, but not nearly enough in the HSA to cover this bill. I will keep all of the paperwork so I can submit it later in life as an expense. I just don't want to unintentionally fraud ourselves.

    Thanks, everyone!

    submitted by /u/NewMatt2019
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment