• Breaking News

    Monday, October 28, 2019

    How do you battle making a lot of money while not believing in the product, while still sleeping at night? Sales and Selling

    How do you battle making a lot of money while not believing in the product, while still sleeping at night? Sales and Selling


    How do you battle making a lot of money while not believing in the product, while still sleeping at night?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:52 AM PDT

    I will try to be vague. I sell a business system that is a long term commitment. It involves high upfront costs then a 10 year contract with monthly minimums. At the end of 10 years, at a minimum, it's about $150k.

    Our business system is unique. It CAN enable you to make a lot of money, but frankly it is more of selling a "dream" to someone. It's possible for it to be worthwhile, but a vast majority back out during the period because they realize the odds are stacked against them.

    This is my first real sales job where I'm making great money, I'm very very young. I'm making roughly 120-160k a year. It's buying my silence in the product and I know I can't really sell anything else and make this money. At least right now.

    How many of you struggle with guilt from making a lot of money while seeing how the sausage is made with your product? How do you stomach it? Is it just a result of capitalism? I feel like I'll get this anywhere. Or I'll sleep well at night in a different role while I make 60k a year and feel poor as fuck.

    Any tips, anecdotes, etc. are welcome. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/HoytG
    [link] [comments]

    I'm Great At Building Rapport - I Can NOT Seem To Close My Deals or Get My Clients to Act With Urgency

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:33 PM PDT

    As the title states, I've been great at building rapport with clients. (I don't just mean small talk- I mean them trusting me, believing I know what I'm talking about, giving solutions to their problems, following up etc) Very detail oriented as well and I strive to be a source of insight and information for my clients (I work in real estate investment). However I absolutely cannot seem to get my clients to act with urgency or basically...take it seriously. All of my coworkers past and present in this field have said I'm not hard enough on my buyers.

    My clients are all investors/landlords/etc, people who have money and are either experienced in real estate investing or they just have experience in other business or investments to where they want to get involved in real estate. One would think that these people understand numbers and timelines and urgency when a good deal comes out.

    I've been struggling with this though. I'll have great initial consultations, my clients will sincerely thank me and say I gave them a lot of good information etc, but then when it comes to me sending them properties..? I don't know. Some will stop answering my calls or texts when I need them to most, some will give me the "let me run my numbers" and not get back to me, some will just be vague and say "yeah that looks like a good deal" etc and then nothing happens.

    This is all fucking killing me honestly. I put so much effort into my consultations and actually listening to my clients and offering good information, and with maintaining consistent follow-up, but when I need ACTION from my buyers I can't seem to get it. I feel like all of my effort I put into trying to show my clients I genuinely want to help them, turns out to be worthless because nothing comes from it. Please someone tell me where I'm going wrong

    submitted by /u/Corsavis
    [link] [comments]

    100% commission

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:08 AM PDT

    Hello all! For those that work 100% commission how is it? What caused you to try it? Do you like it? How much do you make? What industry? How long have you been doing it? How long did it take to make your first sale? Etc

    I am curious as I am looking to break into that field. Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/JoeyMcMahon1
    [link] [comments]

    Prospecting Software for Lead Generation

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:43 AM PDT

    As the title states, I was looking into some software for lead generation for my company. I used D&B Hoovers with a previous company, but I was looking to see if there may be better ones out there. Oh btw, I am in Logistics, so looking to target shipping or logistics managers at manufacturing companies or of the like.

    submitted by /u/Nolmac
    [link] [comments]

    “Send me more information”

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    The worst thing a prospect can say in my opinion. It's basically a no but throws salespeople off because they think they won when they really didn't. How do you overcome this?

    submitted by /u/goddammit_greg
    [link] [comments]

    How was your experience working for Paychex in an entry-level sales role?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:28 PM PDT

    I was messaged on LinkedIn by a Paychex recruiter, and I've heard it's excellent on a resume due to the fantastic training that they offer. The salary I see on Glassdoor is fine with me as well. I have a few questions though.

    1: How is the health care and how much do you pay per month?

    2: What is the 401k match?

    3: Do they have a car allowance/gas card?

    4: Do they provide a cell phone?

    5: I read on another post that you get paid for training, but it's less than the salary. Is this true? How much were you paid during training?

    submitted by /u/keanex
    [link] [comments]

    Someone once told me, "Restaurant/cafe/hospitality buyers are some of the flakiest businesspeople you'll work with". Have you found this to be true?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:59 AM PDT

    I'm talking about people who show interest, even fill out new customer forms, and then never order. Ghost you, etc.

    submitted by /u/pocketsked
    [link] [comments]

    Help with transition to closing role

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:57 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    So I got promoted to a closing type role and nearly all of our efforts will be outbound or old warm leads. Kind of overwhelmed because I have like 1000 accounts and I need to figure out how to outbound for a product that has never had an outbound team nor has much market presence. What have you guys done in terms of territory/account planning? And while I have been good at outbound in the past, this product pretty much has no reference-able customers within the Enterprise space, so how do you go about creating an outbound plan?

    submitted by /u/Bigguy781
    [link] [comments]

    Managing a Large Territory

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:47 AM PDT

    In short, what I do is sell machine guard fencing to industrial integrators and manufacturing facilities. I cover 5 states for my sales territory (TN, MS, AL, AR, KY), and it's been a struggle lately to keep up with everything going on. I've been in the territory for over a year now, so I have a good base of customers and prospects. The issue I'm having is that I always feel like I'm scrambling to make sure I don't miss any important contacts when I schedule my days in each city I visit. Since I cover such a large territory, it might be weeks until I can meet with someone again. Does any have any good tips to stay organized with such a massive territory and customer/prospect base?

    submitted by /u/drakesfavoritesnack
    [link] [comments]

    What's your commission?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:00 AM PDT

    Mine is a good based salary + 4.5%.

    It's not capped, but the higher I go the less I earn, and it makes only sense to reached a specific sales volume a year (~2mio)

    I know, it is like"strategically" capped.

    I'm curious to know about the community and I think it's a very good information for people who want to start in sales or renegotiate their salaries.

    Good hunting!

    submitted by /u/leehant
    [link] [comments]

    2nd/final interview for a SaaS AE role and was looking for advice

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:55 AM PDT

    I'm looking to close down this AE role and have made the final interviews vs 3 people. Just wondering if anyone knew of great questions to ask and how to position myself so I can close this role. I haven't interviewed in years so I want to be confident going into this last interview to make the best case for myself

    submitted by /u/jps78
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to Get Away From Outside Cold Hunting

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:05 AM PDT

    I work for a large internet service provider in SMB B2B cold prospecting as an AE. I am decent at sales and have been with this company for a few years, but I am very tired of going in to SMB cold in person and feeling almost like a pest as they are inundated with our reps. Only 10% or less of our AEs are hitting quota due to certain constraints.

    Could anyone recommend positions or companies to look into where you are given warm leads or it is inside and an appropriate level of sales people are able to reach or exceed their quota? I'm in Southern California.

    submitted by /u/LBDJBD
    [link] [comments]

    How can I stop being complacent?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:51 AM PDT

    I've been in my sales job for a little over a year now, and I have gotten feedback recently that I haven't been asking other producers what they were working on, advice on my scripts/emails, or putting in the extra effort. Outside of doing all of those things, what are some things I can do that'll stand out to my colleagues?

    submitted by /u/mattkelly26
    [link] [comments]

    Calling all Sales Gurus! Need advice or a mentor for a couple months just to get through my first couple deals.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    I started a sales job two months ago with a great company in the Logistics field. Keep in mind that this is my first sales role and I am being told that the sales cycle is long but I am having "lows" because my first $50k deal slipped away from me last minute. What is a bulletproof plan and action to ensure that I succeed in this role need some guidance. Tips Tricks, anything you can share. Willing to even pay for some coaching.

    submitted by /u/OptimalMale1
    [link] [comments]

    Industrial/Construction Staffing Leads

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:42 AM PDT

    So I work for a staffing company that primarily staffs in the industrial/construction market. I'm wondering if anybody has any tips on how to get leads? This is my first sales job & so anything would be helpful! We have been looking on Dodge Report and vendor lists but I was wondering if there were any secret tricks you guys know about? I work for an amazing company so I would love to get businesses in here! We don't need people to hire as much as we need businesses who need people. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/MandaLee26
    [link] [comments]

    Going up in price during counter offer

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:32 AM PDT

    Have you ever tried this? Going up in your price, when you're in that offer period during a sale, to get the buyer to meet you at your original price.

    Idk if this works completely, but it helps to bring the price up in my experience. but what do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Sammyjskj
    [link] [comments]

    Hear me out: Automating personal compliments for email

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:03 AM PDT

    As an engineer I see a very clear algorithm that a lot of BDRs have to personalizing their email templates. Use company news such as:

    1. Product launch
    2. Employee / Office expansion
    3. Revenue / Profit growth

    Or talk about an article or a quote from a linkedin profile.

    Now I see a clear way to automate writing these compliments. If it takes 3 minutes per account and you do 30 per day, you easily save atleast 60-90 minutes a day.

    Would this be a good idea if I execute it well?

    submitted by /u/ptrenko123
    [link] [comments]

    What is your voicemail spiel?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:58 PM PDT

    What is the general script you go off for leaving voicemails?

    submitted by /u/zack397241
    [link] [comments]

    Off day, or off week and how to break it.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:22 PM PDT

    Every call I'm making right now is just going nowhere. Felt like I'd gotten myself to a good level, but seems like everyone I call right now is a bit hostile.

    I don't feel like I'm doing anything differently than I have when succeeding with calls though.

    Anyone else been there, know how to buck the trend?

    submitted by /u/Chart69r
    [link] [comments]

    Unlimited leads?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:28 PM PDT

    Hi all, is there a service like limeleads that offers an "unlimited leads" plan I can buy?

    submitted by /u/jonlieb
    [link] [comments]

    Any Manufacturer’s Reps in here?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:26 PM PDT

    Hello, I was wondering if there are any ways to see what % commissions different manufacturers offer to their manufacturer's reps. I'm not a member of MANA or any other sites like that. Do they on there?

    For example, manufacturers of industrial computers: Manufacturer 1: 3% Manufacturer 2: 5%

    Any websites or resources that might have this information?

    submitted by /u/epenn44
    [link] [comments]

    Rookie seeking advice for small business prospecting

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:48 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. So pretty new to the real estate game. I'll keep it short and simple

    My idea is to Target small business gyms and fitness studios in my area. Will use the strategy of if they want to own the building they are in or expand their business.

    Does anyone have any scripts to go off? I've seen some generic ones in a quick Google search but just trying my luck here

    submitted by /u/JcTrennys
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment