• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 30, 2019

    For those drowning in $1,600 a month with 10%+ interest rates don’t give up! Student Loans

    For those drowning in $1,600 a month with 10%+ interest rates don’t give up! Student Loans


    For those drowning in $1,600 a month with 10%+ interest rates don’t give up!

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 05:07 PM PDT

    Just got approved for 75k at earnest, which is now Sallie Mae, and I can't help but think they are giving these loans to just about everyone. I mean I make 65k salary for two months after making 45k ( new job for a base salary of 65k) and they approve me just like that... is anyone else scared of the student loan bubble?

    I did have a prior loan with earnest of 25k which I made on time payments on for 1 year, but I still have 6 k of credit card debt. I mean my credit score is 718 I think and I've been denied every year since I graduated to refinance all of my loans (start 25k 11.76% 25k at 10.99% 25k @ 6.99% 25k @ 12.67% this highest one was refinanced with earnest a year ago for 5.69%) during that time I made a 45k salary.

    Just crazy they are giving me a loan for 4% 75k now that I make 65k?? I mean what C+ bundle is buying this?

    For those that pay $1,600 a month drowning in 10%+ interest rates don't give up!!

    submitted by /u/scrubs9293
    [link] [comments]

    Loan forgiveness case in review timeline

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 05:50 PM PDT

    Recently was notified that my account was placed in forbearance as my loan forgiveness case is now in review (I submitted 3+ years ago as a result of the CCI/Heald College closure). When can I expect to get results?

    submitted by /u/magentapikachu
    [link] [comments]

    Extreme Student Loan Money Allocation

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 08:34 PM PDT

    Hey Everyone my husband and I have an incredibly large amount of student loans $850,000 between the two of us (two Doctorate degrees). We have both of our loans on REPAYE at the moment with an interest rate of 6% pre subsidy. We are finally in a position to start paying off our loans and wonder how would be the best to allocate our money. We should have 100k per year to throw at our loans per year for the next 3 years with considerably more once I finish residency. Our interest burden is also very large with approximately 60k a year building up on us pre subsidy. Would it be best to allocate the money evenly keeping the interest from building up but not hitting both of our principles as hard, or hit one of our loans harder to hit the principles? Were 400k and 450k in consolidated federal loans. Any advice is super appreciated. Also right now were just making the minimum payments and accumulating the money because were not sure how best to tackle it.

    submitted by /u/DrCrazyCatLady
    [link] [comments]

    Question about re-certifying...

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 09:21 PM PDT

    So I'm currently due to re-certify my IDR plan on November 1st. My understanding is that I can submit an application with my updated income info (since it decreased from last year) INSTEAD of actually recertifying. Is that correct? Or am I still expected to submit a "re-certify" application in addition to the application I just submitted with updated income? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Titan3692
    [link] [comments]

    Question about loan forgiveness

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 03:35 PM PDT

    I'm a pharmacist and I'm on 22 year repayment plan. I've been paying it for 8 years now. I recently learned about income based repayment plans that will forgive loans after 20 years. If I switch to an income based payment plan, do I start over for 20 more years or do the past 8 years still count?

    submitted by /u/rxstud2011
    [link] [comments]

    Student Loan Nz

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:48 PM PDT

    Hello all !

    I am looking into studying at polytechnic and getting a student loan. I have not got a student loan before so I was wondering if anyone can help give me tips on how it works. All I've been seeing is BIG numbers and it's freaking me out.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/marstersk
    [link] [comments]

    I have to recertify my annual income soon, and I’m kind of lost

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 05:35 AM PDT

    Hi,

    Just stumbled upon this subreddit—really helpful stuff too, so thank you for all the great content.

    I have like 27,000 left on my loans. I'm on a REPAYE right now, and shell over 234/month. I'm due to recertify now, with the deadline being 1 November to submit.

    The past year, I've been at a job that paid me 50,000/year. I started that job July 2018. So that's what I certified my income as last year around this time. My payment up to that point was 0, as I had not started working yet. Now, a year later, I JUST started a job that pays 76,000/year last month. (September 2019)

    Would I be able to somehow keep my payment in the relatively same area as it is now? I don't mind paying more, since I earn more, but I don't want it to increase to something crazy like 1000/month, or whatever.

    When I recertify, does it reference my tax return that I submitted in FEB 2018? Because if it does, that should mean my payment will be relatively similar to what it is now, right? Since I didn't start the higher paying job until only last month.

    Even if it remains similar, I would, of course, pay off more than the minimum to try and save on interest etc.

    submitted by /u/ZeljkoBuvac
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to pay off federal loans?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 06:48 AM PDT

    Currently, I have 7 federal loans and I'm wondering the best way to pay them. I'm in grad school so they're not in repayment right now but I'm putting $250 a month towards them. I pay $20 to each of the unsubsidized loans and $50 towards all the subsidized except loan 7 which I put $40 towards. Would the snowball method be best or what do you recommend?

    1. Subsidized $714 4.66% interest.
    2. Subsidized $337 4.29%
    3. Unsubsidized $2577 4.29%
    4. Subsidized $3992 4.29%
    5. Unsubsidized $7770 3.76%
    6. Unsubsidized $7558 4.45%
    7. Unsubsidized $3384 6.08%

    *For loan 7 I should be getting about 2k from work when the class is complete.

    submitted by /u/ARW18
    [link] [comments]

    Will my subsidized undergraduate loans stop accruing interest once I start graduate school?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 06:43 AM PDT

    I graduated with my bachelor's degree in May and will be starting graduate school in January. I'm supposed to start paying back my federal loans in December, meaning I'll have one payment before starting grad school. Will my subsidized loans stop accruing interest once I return to school in January? Or will they keep accruing interest?

    submitted by /u/seektherapids
    [link] [comments]

    Paying Federal student loans abroad

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 09:13 AM PDT

    (To preface, I have looked through some old posts on here, but I still have many questions, and want to go into my call with Great Lakes knowing my options.)

    I currently live abroad (Ireland) and plan to stay here and obtain EU citizenship by working here for 5 years.

    I went to school here in Ireland for my masters, and received 2 federal loans amount to the rough sum of $67,000. Now with interest they are about $70,000. Both of my loans are with Great Lakes.

    I currently make €30,000 before taxes, and about €25,000 after taxes. My grace period end in January, and needless to say, I cannot make the loan payments. I would pretty much only be paying interest and not premium with the amount of discretionary income I could put towards it each month.

    I am very curious about PAYE and the options there. I also read a past post saying that I can apply for $0/month payment because I am abroad and make less than $110,000. But I do not know the process behind this.

    I need to call Great Lakes and discuss the loan, but I wanted some advice from his community beforehand.

    Thank you in advance ! :)

    submitted by /u/DrearyLoans
    [link] [comments]

    Partial Refinance Question

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 05:27 AM PDT

    My wife is currently paying off 2 Master's degrees which she has through Fed Loan and Well's Fargo. She also has her undergrad which her dad is paying off. Is she able to refinance only certain loans under fedloan or is it an all or nothing deal if she goes through sofi/earnest/ect.?

    submitted by /u/Anklebender91
    [link] [comments]

    (US) No co-signer student loan for international graduate student that isn't studying at a university covered by Prodigy and MPOWER?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:00 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm an international graduate student (originally from UK) that is studying at the University of Memphis, Tennessee. I'm looking into taking out a loan to help finance my living costs, as the stipend won't be able to cover it all in the next few months. I know about Prodigy and MPOWER as potential lenders for international students that do not require co-signers, but neither of them works with my university.

    Are there alternative sources that also do not require a co-signer that I could look into? Basically, not requiring a co-signer and working with the University of Memphis are crucial for me.

    Any help you guys can provide would be very much appreciated - this is a trying time for me.

    submitted by /u/borntobealoser
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment