• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 24, 2019

    Earn $150k+? How many hours do you work a week, how much experience do you have, what industry, and how long did it take you to get to $150k+ Sales and Selling

    Earn $150k+? How many hours do you work a week, how much experience do you have, what industry, and how long did it take you to get to $150k+ Sales and Selling


    Earn $150k+? How many hours do you work a week, how much experience do you have, what industry, and how long did it take you to get to $150k+

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 12:44 AM PDT

    Hi all

    Interested to know a few questions if you are on more than $150k: 1- how many hours do you work a week? 2- how much experience do you have? 3- what industry? 4- how long did it take you to break $150k and how much are you on now? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/thejase128
    [link] [comments]

    This is why sales training by Grant Cardone are bullshit. Look at how nervous and uncertain this kid is.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 06:50 AM PDT

    https://youtu.be/xNQ5LmQG8Eo

    Just pathetic. They throw this kid to the wolves. It's literally "read this script, don't think, just dial". At one point the nervous kid is trying to ask questions if he has any leads or who is supposed to call and his 'mentor' tells him to ''figure it out." When the phone the kid starts using doesn't work, his only helpful answer was "use your cell phone".

    I'm sure many hardcore veterans will say "Well this is how real sales is! You gotta grind through it! That's what it takes to be successful!" But you don't accomplish that by completely throwing the kid in that utterly unprepared. What training is that? That's scripted telemarketing, that isn't sales at all.

    Cardone pulls this high pressure bullshit in his other videos too. This isn't how you treat professionals. This isn't how you go about making someone great professionally, that's just toxic garbage.

    submitted by /u/Bodacious_Dad_Bod
    [link] [comments]

    Stepping up as a sales engineer: MBA?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 03:07 AM PDT

    Hello! After graduating at automation engineering, I've worked for 3 years in a industrial sensor company as a sales engineer, but you know, boss had to let me go.

    Most likely I'll be joining a competitor, but right now I want to know how to step up my game. Is an MBA a good option?

    What's beyond a "senior sales engineer"?

    Anyone in the same field? Thanks! I'm 28, by the way.

    submitted by /u/thiikn
    [link] [comments]

    Commission just been cut.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 11:57 PM PDT

    Hi,

    In need of some advice. My company has just cut my commission. We have 3 sales channels and I'm responsible for two. However the agreement is that I get commission for all three channels as inevitably I offer support to the third channel which leads to sales.

    I've checked my contract which actually states that I get commission for customers which I am responsible for. So I guess on paper they are within heir rights? They have in fact recently had a meeting to clarify these channels and know I know why. But 4 years of hard work on all channels they just flick the switch over night? I've grown sales 1200% in this time and this is what I get back?

    Or should I be looking ahead and try focus on my customers?

    submitted by /u/pityyouasked
    [link] [comments]

    I'm struggling and I feel like it is just bad luck and company changes

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 03:03 AM PDT

    Okay so I work in telecom sales, one of the biggest in my country actually. Recently the higher ups in my company started demanding anyone in the store fronts start focusing on servicing customers as well as selling, but our targets are solely based on gp and other sales targets still with only a small percentage being our service.

    Now I am a bit of a push over and like to follow the rules. But that being said I'm being walked over because of this. I'm constantly getting given clients with service issues and my sales have dropped majorly now because of it. I have gone from 1st in gp in the company now to rank 44 which is a massive jump in only 3 weeks due to this new change... I'm only making 200gp per day now if I'm lucky.

    My manager is demanding to have a chat with me now due to my performance which I feel is unfair as not only have my sales been getting snaked by the other employees from customers I have built up rapport with but I feel like my floor manager is taking advantage of the fact that I will help any customer due to if I don't we now get in trouble if said customer reports that we referred to get their problems fixed over the phone.

    Tldr: how do you avoid getting stuck with clients that just won't buy anything and make you service them with issues that just waste your time? I need advice on turning a service into a sale! I've asked everyone and no one knows how to give me advice.

    I'm under so much stress I have been breaking down and drinking far too much in the last week, I am a female working in a mostly male dominated environment and I feel the men are just so much more dominant when it comes to telling the clients to go elsewhere for their servicing, I just can't do that though...

    submitted by /u/junkymonkey12
    [link] [comments]

    Nervous of missing quota my first month on the floor

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 05:30 PM PDT

    Hello r/sales! First I want to say a big thank you for everyone in this group, I've been a lurker for about a month now and have learned a ton. Wanted to get some advice from you guys for my specific situation!

    I've been at my current company for over two years, but I was in customer success before. It is a saas advertising company so I'm selling b2b. I realized CS wasn't for me and moved to sales about 1.5 months ago. It's been easy in the sense that I know the product and our customers super well, but it's been challenging to switch from a customer service to a sales mindset.

    So far it's been ok. I'm getting the hang of things, every day brings a new challenge but also every day makes me feel more comfortable. I like it a lot more than CS already and I like the challenge.

    I have a ramping quota and have to hit 50% of what the other reps hit this month. There's one week left and I have about $5k left to go, I'm about 67% to goal. My coworkers are not concerned at all, they just tell me it'll happen, I have so much time left... none of them are near their goal either btw but it seems like somehow most people manage to hit in the last week.

    I'm someone who worries a lot and is terrified of just relying on the thought that "everything will work out." I need to make about 2 more sales to hit but I don't have anything promising in my pipeline. I have a few follow ups with people I pitched, but if I could guess, I don't think they'll buy.

    So, does anyone have advice on this? What do you do when you have nothing promising and a tight deadline? I've been losing sleep over this and every day that goes by without a sale makes it worse. Thank you so much for the advice and the time it took to read this!

    submitted by /u/chattyfloof
    [link] [comments]

    Why do you want to work for our company? I bet you guys that its impossible to convince me on that

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 10:22 PM PDT

    To me these are the very general answers that doesnt mean anything:

    1) good company with good funding 2) company is growing 3) good culture 4) sales team is amazing 5) great leadership 6) help make an impact on the customers 7) grow in my career 8) company with great values 9) Doing better/different than competitors

    There are 1000 other companies that have all the above characteristics.

    submitted by /u/jabbawolfenstien
    [link] [comments]

    Better job offer, Accepted another already

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 02:50 AM PDT

    Hi,

    Last week I accepted a job offer for a company. Due to start on Monday. Yesterday I learned another company will be making me an offer - the official one will come today or tomorrow. I know it'll be quite a bit more money.

    Seriously considering this other offer, but I've already accepted and signed for another job. What do you guys recomend I do?

    submitted by /u/pineappleban
    [link] [comments]

    Solopreneur needs to up sales game

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 08:49 PM PDT

    I'm a leadership coach, with 25 years of experience in marketing, mostly digital. I can build a conversion funnel to deliver qualified leads to me all day. But I suck at selling myself. I undervalue my services, have no idea how to present, let alone close big deals with mid- to large-size companies. Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

    submitted by /u/skoot66
    [link] [comments]

    WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU BRING A COSTUER TO SEE YOUR PRODUCT AT ANOTHER CUSTOMERS LOCATION?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    Let them walk around with each other alone to check out the product or do you walk around with them?

    submitted by /u/senarek
    [link] [comments]

    Where to take my career from here...

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 09:47 AM PDT

    See bottom for Recap...

    Hi all, I've been working as an account rep/salesperson for a big insurance company (captive agents, local offices, khakis... sure you can figure out which company) for almost 2 years now, my wife works for the same company, different agent in another town.

    Salary is decent, about $30k annually, commission on top, on track to make $45-$50k each this year, which for our area is a pretty significant living.

    Sales skills are on point, I've done tons of training, self education, reading over the years and our office has been top 10 out of about 45 in the region with myself as the only team member (other offices usually have multiple sales people and designated service people)

    In my office we sell, do service, late pay calls, in office appointments, etc... far beyond just sales. Our sales goal for the month is 35 new policies and I've averaged 45-50 consistently, so the numbers tell the story.

    Here's the dilemma... while I do want to own my own business and this company has programs for team members to become agents, I'm not sure if that is the path for me. I don't know if any agents that I'd say are highly successful or wealthy, and there is such a saturation of the market here.

    Forgot to mention, our jobs don't offer health insurance and given our income and location it is extremely expensive to buy out of pocket... another big factor.

    Recap:

    -current job with insurance company

    -far above average sales numbers

    -hybrid work between sales and service

    -decent salary ($30k) plus commission (about $15-20k) but no health insurance -opportunity to open agency in future, but no real successful/wealthy agents for this company. Very strict marketing guidelines

    -how to proceed? Need salary but also health insurance, good at sales, always learning.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tacticalvirtues
    [link] [comments]

    Any road warriors in here? Starting a new job in December that will require ~10 nights/month on the road. Looking for tips

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 05:13 PM PDT

    Brand new role and company for me. Looking for any and all advice from time management to tips for hotels. Which hotel is your favorite? Familiar with the points aspect of that - I have a trip to Hawaii booked for May on points. Any goodpodcasts for the road?

    submitted by /u/girouxsalem28
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking advice to find first work experience in medical device sales

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 01:19 PM PDT

    Hello r/sales!

    For some background, I am currently a senior pursuing a Kinesiology Pre-Health degree in Philadelphia. Going into college I intended to go to grad school for physical therapy but now my interests have changed and medical device sales is a career that sparked my curiosity and strikes as something I could excel at.

    I am making this post because I have zero sales experience besides working various customer service jobs but I want to get experience in this specific field. My last job was working front desk at a hotel which also included describing rooms, the area, and accommodations with perspective guests and making their reservations over the phone.

    With only two classes left in my degree, I want to take advantage of my free time to get experience. In this field, is it possible to find an internship that I could add to my schedule? How can I go about finding an internship/what should I be looking for? Being in Philadelphia I know there should be plenty of opportunities but I want to maximize my potential and find a place that will help me obtain the experience/connections to find a job after graduation.

    Any and all advice is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/CorporalBacon
    [link] [comments]

    The lone salesman

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 10:32 AM PDT

    I'm working with a startup helping to land the very first clients in a well developed and pretty saturated market. Been at it for a few months now and only recently has the actual product (a SaaS) added features that make it at all competitive.

    Originally I was trying to handle the whole funnel a-z but lost a few opportunities at the finish line. Now I'm basically an SDR setting demos for the founder. Who then asks me to do all the follow up to keep them moving along.

    Am I a fool to even attempt to manage a full sales cycle basically on my own for an unheard of product?

    Can it be done?

    Do any of y'all have suggestions automation tools that can help?

    submitted by /u/B0Bspelledbackwards
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone here have inaccurate weighted pipelines?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 04:02 PM PDT

    I'm having a bit of trouble trying to figure out how to better revise the stage probability % that are associated with stages. Has anyone else here ever dealt with seemingly *very* inaccurate weighted pipeline values? Mine seem way off! For example, at the beginning of the quarter, we look at the Weighted pipe with close date in the quarter; then, at the end of the quarter, I compare our original weighted pipe with what we actually closed-won...and it was way off! How do you all go about trying to fix this?

    To revise the stage probabilities --- I tried looking at "What % opportunities that reach this stage end up winning". Presumably, I'd make this % the new number for the associated stage. However, after doing this for every opportunity stage, it my number seems still very inflated.

    Does anyone have advice on how to approach this?

    submitted by /u/iwagh
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone Use Prospecting The Sandler Way?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 11:14 AM PDT

    Just bought the book because I've found great success with the close the deal audiobook but I feel like my prospecting isn't as great as it could be. Anyone use this method for prospecting to have great success?

    submitted by /u/RiverOfNexus
    [link] [comments]

    Any one in CBD distribution?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 02:57 PM PDT

    I'm interested in hearing some of the challenges

    submitted by /u/ATOMxBOMB
    [link] [comments]

    I have never understood this. Why do all the sdrs, AEs spend so much time working 9 to 5 like a slave at a company, investing their precious time in selling a product that will never be theirs? To pay their bills? Most sales people die poor so why work that crazy?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 08:54 PM PDT

    If the sales folks spent that much time in starting their own business, wouldnt that be a much more smarter decison? Sales people work so hard but they never get rich or achieve financial freedom. The only person that retires fast is the CEO. So why work like a slave to fuel someone else's dreams?

    submitted by /u/jabbawolfenstien
    [link] [comments]

    Cold calling hiring managers.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    Question for sales managers. How would you respond to a potential candidate cold calling you to inquire about a position you have posted externally (getting your number from white pages or something similiar)?

    Would you be impressed or annoyed?

    submitted by /u/chogbonna
    [link] [comments]

    Hiring Managers: What are your in-person interview make or breaks?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 07:42 AM PDT

    Salespeople of r/sales, I'm planning to interview for SDR/BDR positions for SAAS companies. I'm sure many others are also planning to interview in the next few months and we would like your advice!

    -Approximately what percentage of candidates of that interview in-person do you and your team give job offers to?

    -What are the deal makers or breakers?

    -What are some things you wish more candidates prepare for or think more about before coming in for interviews?

    -For candidates that you hired without b2b experience, what impressed you about them? Was it just a general feel or vibe about them? Their energy and rapport abilities?

    -What are your biggest concerns when evaluating a candidate? Work ethic? Dependability?

    Any other facts, insights, or advice are welcomed!!

    submitted by /u/iwnnababillionaire
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone here have experience selling for big telecom (Verizon, ATT, Sprint, etc) as a SMB Account Exec?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 01:21 PM PDT

    Finished 2nd round interview today and looking for insights into this industry. Coming from selling uniform rentals so I was lost on all the product offerings. Sales manager said off the bat if you get 1 appointment out of 100 calls you'll kill in this position. He also said it's a very, very tough role. There are a few reps making close to 200k but it's not the norm. Handsets are the wheelhouse but other solutions include fleet management, mobile payment software, data security, cloud storage, etc. Looking for insights into the sales approach for the industry. Do reps just hammer the phones to get handset deals? Are the other solutions the money makers? Any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Dvdmatsunaga
    [link] [comments]

    Individuals in Fitness Sales

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 01:12 PM PDT

    Hey r/sales,

    I was just curious if anyone can give me some in sight and how I can make myself and my teammates more successful.

    At our gym, we're running a 6-week challenge where you goal is to lose x amount of lbs or x amount of body fat in 6 weeks. You'll have to put down a deposit and will only earn it back once you hit the goal.

    Now our plan is to do two check ins during the challenge - 3rd week and last week. During these check ins, we'll be going over the results of the clients. Ultimately, our goal is to convert them to long term clients.

    We've had numerous of objections - but the most claimed objection: "I want to do it own my own", and "I need to think about it."

    People have seen amazing results but for some reason want to sacrifice the deposit to do it "on their own." They came in because the didn't know what to do in the first place.

    My question is, anyone have any questions I can use to help qualify the client/language mechanics to get them converted early in the challenge vs afterwards? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ForteStrength
    [link] [comments]

    What's your follow-up script & cadence?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 12:36 PM PDT

    I'm looking to refine my calls to prospects a bit more and get things down to a science. I've cold-called a ton of companies, held meetings, collected contact info, etc. and now I have a giant pool of contacts that I need to stay in front of in creative ways. In my industry, clients are fairly loyal to their vendors and in a lot of cases, I have to wait until someone screws up to earn their business. Being their first call when they do is the goal.

    I'm wondering what your typical "stay in touch" "any opportunities?" pitch is and how you go about it as well as how often you are doing it. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Housto_0
    [link] [comments]

    If client post a website development requirements on social media then how to start pitching him for website development over a call? Please share a calling script.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    Looking for Insight about Outside Sales for Insperity?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 12:17 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, like the title suggests I am looking for any insight you might have about doing outside sales for Insperity. I have an interview lined up for Friday and would love to see if anyone else has ever worked here and what it is like. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/PresidentLincoln42
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment