• Breaking News

    Monday, October 28, 2019

    Can I fight a medical bill when my surgeon used an out of network anesthesiologist without my knowledge? Insurance

    Can I fight a medical bill when my surgeon used an out of network anesthesiologist without my knowledge? Insurance


    Can I fight a medical bill when my surgeon used an out of network anesthesiologist without my knowledge?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:23 AM PDT

    The surgery met my personal and family deductible. Yet we have 2k to go before out of pocket max kicks in and I'm not even sure if that includes out of network things. I had broken my shoulder, the ortho set up surgery asap, but I would have to go the weekend with it broken. He didn't want many pain killers because then "they wouldn't be as effective" after surgery. So, I was out of my mind in pain. Actually, I would have made several different decisions about the surgery had I been able to prepare and think straight. But, the Ortho/surgeon and the hospital were both in network. But surprise! 2 mos later, bills come & the anesthesiologist was not. Ins co denied the claims (but paid a very tiny amount) and now I appear to be on the hook for about 4k. My google searches say this is legal and people should tell their doctors they only want in network people working on them. 1) I had no clue about that, 2) I was in so much pain, there was no way I could have even thought about it. (I broke my humerous completely off the ball joint, with chips and fractures on the ball) But we have 0 money, the hospital is on a payment plan, Those that wouldn't do a payment plan have filled up the credit cards, and I just don't think this is fair AT ALL. Is there any way to fight it or am I screwed and should have known better? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Imusuallynice
    [link] [comments]

    Questions on my privacy, being a dependent, and medication

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 06:13 PM PDT

    I've been recently diagnosed adhd and wish to pursue medication once I'm 18 in a few months, something my parents are against. Will I still be automatically on my parents health insurance plan ? Also, will they be able to see details about me acquiring a medication? I know they receive an EOB but exactly how detailed is it? Does it say which medication I acquired or how often I get it or how much it costs?

    Would I be reasonably be able to get ADHD medication under their insurance in my situation?

    submitted by /u/Sexy_Slendy
    [link] [comments]

    Auto Insurance if the car is staying at the garaging address but I'M not?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:27 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Unfortunately, a family member of mine got in a significant issue lately where there was a lapse in insurance and registration coverage. Now, keep in mind -- there was no violations or anything like that invoked BUT they cannot re-register their car until January of next year. I've been asked to do the following:

    1. Insure the car in my name and add them as an eligible driver
    2. Register the car in my name

    The question I have is...can I legally register/insure the car in a state that I DON'T live in? My license is still set for that address (I haven't swapped to the new state yet) and the garaging address is the same. I do NOT plan on bringing the car to the state that I pay taxes, rent, utilities, etc in. It will always stay in the state that it is registered/insured in. But is it illegal if I don't actually live at that address anymore? The other individual on the insurance policy does live there 100% of the time.

    Sorry if this is the wrong subreddit! Thank you for any advice.

    submitted by /u/lakeseneca
    [link] [comments]

    Homeowners Insurance cancelled because of a front door. Questions.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 06:49 PM PDT

    STATE OF TEXAS.

    Hey all. We recently changed homeowners insurance and an adjuster came out to do a site survey. The only two things they had an issue with was the lack of a fence(this is being fixed), and a door that had been boarded up with plywood. This wasn't a "fix it or we won't cover you, it was a "hey you should look into some property improvements."

    The actual wood door itself still exists, but was covered due to the recent hurricanes in the past years. If it wasn't boarded up the wind would have blown it out.

    I got a letter from the insurance stating that my policy would be terminated at the end of this month because of this said door. There was no recourse in the letter stating that removal of the plywood would negate the termination.

    How do I handle this? My home was built in 1951, so I can't exactly go to the store and replace the door because the home has non standard entryways.

    submitted by /u/Flynn_lives
    [link] [comments]

    Car door caught by wind and hit another car's mirror

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 04:29 PM PDT

    I went to the store with my gf and it was a really windy day. As soon as she opened the door the wind brought it fully open and hit another car's mirror. The mirror wasn't on the gear and could basically just hang from the electrical wires. There was also a scuff mark on the mirror and no other damages. I took pictures of the mirror and the door showing no damage to it. I left a note explaining what happened and left my number. What am I to expect from here on?

    submitted by /u/PropaneBlues
    [link] [comments]

    My 2019 Mazda CX-9 was rear ended. Help on the process please?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:50 PM PDT

    Hi! This happened a couple of hours ago in New Jersey. We were stopped at a red light when the vehicle behind (08 Jeep Liberty) rear-ended us on low speed. There are minor damages on thee spots on the plastic bumper but not sure if any damages on what's beneath that.

    Driver was a lady with a guy passenger. I have a photo of the vehicle positions, their license plate, and insurance (All state). Driver does not have an ID on her and she took my number promising to send it later. In my confusion and worry (wife and daughter are with me) I forgot to take her name nor number.

    I've reported this to my insurance (GEICO) but specified I am not making a claim, but rather would want to file a claim on the insurance of the driver who hit us (Allstate). How do I properly do this? Will GEICO help to facilitate this or should I call Allstate? Also since it's dawn I will go to the police station later to file a report.

    Other suggestions most welcome, thanks.

    submitted by /u/Peyups
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about starting an insurance career.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:43 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I have recently decided that I would like to pursue a career in insurance sales, but before I get the ball rolling, I was hoping to have a few questions answered. For some background, I live in Pennsylvania and have done research on the pre-licensing requirements.

    My No. 1 question is whether being an Agent or a Broker is a better long-term move. I like the idea of having the options that a broker has, but I also like the idea of having strong backing in the form of a larger company like an agent has. Any suggestions?

    Also, a big question of mine is can insurance sales work as a part-time gig? I have a full-time job, and while I would love to eventually transition into insurance as a full-time career, it's probably not possible right now. Is it possible to do this part-time, or is the time committment going to be too much?

    I appreciate any help/answers everybody can provide. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/carjr99
    [link] [comments]

    State of Ohio. Not At Fault. Totaled.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 07:57 PM PDT

    Hit a deer.

    • KBB puts my car at a higher value than what the adjuster offered

    • The adjuster's own report shows 4 comparable vehicles, all outside my county, with the average adjusted value being higher than the settlement offer

    The adjuster's report rates the exterior condition of the vehicle as poor. There's a single large dent from before the deer but very little damage otherwise. The interior condition of the vehicle was rated as poor, which I think is wrong. There are no rips, tears, stains or burns inside the vehicle and any soiled surfaces from my work could be spot cleaned easily. No major mechanical issues. Brand new tires, brand new battery and recently changed oil and transmission fluid.

    So the repair adjuster pushed the claim onwards to a local rep that would handle the case.

    Between that time, I did my research and found higher values than what was offered. When this insurance claim rep asked me to forward my research to them, they made sure to remind me that I look for vehicles with comparable wear and tear in my own county. Thing is, in the adjuster's own report with the 4 comparable vehicles, none of the 4 comparable vehicles were within my county. The closest one being 79 miles away and the furthest one being 149 miles.

    When I brought up the adjuster's report and the 4 vehicles average adjusted value, the rarity of my car (the outside-my-county thing), and the KBB value, insurance still denied these factors as meeting the criteria for raising their settlement offer or even negotiating at all.

    They've dismissed the car's rarity, ignored the average of the 4 comparable vehicles adjusted values and stated that KBB was basically worthless due to KBB using the national average. I kind of see where they're coming from but then again this is a site that millions of people have used for decades and it also asks for your zip code before conducting your vehicle search so surely there's a degree of local value?

    Is the insurance playing hardball or is there really no room for negotiation? I will be speaking with the repair adjuster (the guy who did the 4 comparable vehicles report) tomorrow and I'm not sure if this the guy I should've been talking to the whole time about my issues.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/licensedtoload
    [link] [comments]

    Car Insurance for a temporary move out of state

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 03:47 PM PDT

    My job is a "rotational" program, so I have a new project every 4 months. My first rotation was in Detroit, and I've just started my second rotation in Indiana. I will only be in Indiana for 4 months, so the move is not permanent.

    Upon moving to Detroit this summer, I registered my car and had it insured at the apartment I was living in. I also switched my license to a Michigan license at the same address. However, I have stopped leasing my Detroit apartment, so I am no longer a resident at the place that my car is "garaged".

    What do I do regarding car registration and insurance? The way I see it, I have two options: 1. Do nothing. Keep Michigan plates/insurance/license. 2. Register and insure the car at the new address in Indiana, as well as get an Indiana license. I am just subletting the apartment, but could probably get the paperwork to establish residency.

    I have asked progressive (via the online chat) and my fathers insurance agent. Both recommended registering in Indiana. However, everyone else in this job doesn't worry about that, and just keeps their home (MI) plates. I know this doesn't mean they're right, though.

    I obviously would like to do nothing, but I do NOT want progressive to deny any claim i might make on a technicality. I posted about this a couple of months ago and was told not to worry about it and leave paperwork as is. But I'd like to ask again, just to be sure.

    TLDR: I will be out of state for four months and want to know how to handle car insurance.

    submitted by /u/Uniball38
    [link] [comments]

    What is the likelyhood of my car being a total loss?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    I drive a 2006 Ford Fusion with 140,000 miles. I was hit by on the front passenger side by a driver trying to merge. I live in Louisiana, where 75% damage to value ratio is considered a total loss.

    The passenger panel by the front tire is completely destroyed, and will have to be completely replaced. The front bumper on the passenger side is fairly damaged, but will also have to be replaced. The brackets for the passenger headlight broke and the headlight is only being held in place by the bent metal. There may possibly be frame damage as well, as the front fender is nearly sitting on the tire.

    I think the electrical system also got messed up. My radio no longer will turn on, and the car is making a clicking sound when you turn the key. You have to turn it multiple times before it cranks.

    Can anyone give me an estimated value of my vehicle, and what are the chances it is deemed a total loss?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Brundonius
    [link] [comments]

    Outside Property Claims Adjuster Trainee

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:19 AM PDT

    I am in Redondo Beach, CA and I just was hired as an Outside Property Claims Adjuster Trainee with Travelers Insurance. I wanted to know if anybody out there has gone through a trainee process and has any suggestions on how to progress with this career path?

    submitted by /u/chatzandcheeze
    [link] [comments]

    [USA] Father switched jobs, mother now without health insurance for rest of 2019. Any idea what may have happened here?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 03:50 PM PDT

    So my parents are terrible at handling finances and things like insurance. My father recently switched jobs and enrolled in health insurance. I just spoke with him and he said they received something in the mail for my mother called a "Statement of Health" after they increased her life insurance. They forgot to fill it out, and my father is now saying that apparently my mother does not have health insurance through the rest of 2019. Obviously, this is pretty scary, especially in the US.

    After doing some reading, it seems like this statement of health has to do specifically with life insurance and disability. My parents are terrible at explaining this sort of stuff, so hopefully based on the above someone here can tell me what may have possibly happened.

    Also, any advice in terms of what we should do here? Obviously want to get my mother some sort of health insurance for the remainder of 2019 ASAP

    submitted by /u/sudnzhsiwis8383
    [link] [comments]

    To File A Claim or Not?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 12:01 PM PDT

    Hello, long time reddit lurker, but just recently decided to join to ask for some personal advice. My car was the victim of a hit and run, which I discovered last Wednesday. Not sure where it occurred, cause I just found out in the morning, when I was about to leave for work. My car was in my apartment's carport when I found out about it.

    I posted to r/autorepair and I got two answers but the post suddenly disappeared and is no longer listed. Here's a link to the front bumper damage; [https://imgur.com/a/p4RBncx] It's a 2015 Hyundai Elantra.

    Earlier this summer I was rear ended, but the damage is only noticeable up close. Plus the guy that hit me admitted to being at fault and gave me cash (not much) so that my insurance company wouldn't contact his, and I found out later he was uninsured. I contacted my insurance company just to report it with his driver's license info, but did not file a claim.

    The front bumper damage looks more serious, and I'm leaning towards filing a claim but still hesitant because of the $1000 deductible and I live in the extremely overpriced Bay Area, CA. There's already a huge dent on the side of the vehicle, which I cause due to a misjudgment and I've had offers to fix it from part time mechanics.

    I'm still paying for the vehicle and have the resources to pay it out right, but would be foolish to do so, because of other debt. So my question is, should I file a claim, because the bank technically still owns it? Or because I'm in the overpriced Bay Area, just leave it as is. The car still runs smoothly.

    I want to trade it in with all the damages but don't know if any dealer will take it as is. i also wanted to wait until further maintenance was needed (mechanical stuff) so all the work can be done at once.

    submitted by /u/SneezySleepyBashful
    [link] [comments]

    File claim with travelers in TN for $1500-$3000 single car accident?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 06:25 AM PDT

    I was distracted by my kids in the back seat, and took out my neighbor's wrought iron mailbox. It did $1500-$2000 worth of damage to my car, as a rough guess by the body shop I took it to.

    Still trying to figure out what this mailbox costs.

    I have a $500 deductible but could definitely afford to pay out of pocket. insurer is travelers in Tennessee

    Should I file a claim?

    submitted by /u/jspadaro
    [link] [comments]

    Do insurance companies recognize/cover online Psychiatry?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 12:24 PM PDT

    The title.

    submitted by /u/rethayagoh
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking Advice - Types of Policies Selection

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 06:22 AM PDT

    So I have a few different things going on, and not sure the best way to structure coverage most efficiently.

    I currently have a regular home/auto policy for my wife's vehicle and our personal home. I also have two LLCs, one an operational business and the second a rental property. The property in the rental LLC has a rental property policy in place with coverage on the physical building along with the following coverage:

    Business Liability (Each Occurrence)Limit$1,000,000

    Annual AggregateLimit$2,000,000

    Medical Payments (Each Person)Limit$1,000

    My operational business also owns a vehicle and has an auto policy. Currently with 1mil in bodily injury coverage, 500,000 property damage. I would like to get business liability insurance for my operational LLC and was wondering the best route. Should I get a lower coverage business liability, lower my auto coverage, and get an umbrella policy for this LLC? Or would this not make sense?

    Am I protected enough on the rental property? Not sure the difference between business liability and medical payments? Wouldn't an injury fall under medical and business liability? Should I look into an umbrella policy here for this LLC?

    Any insight or places I should read up/research would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jdougal
    [link] [comments]

    To agents: Have you ever changed your name for your professional work image?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:53 AM PDT

    I'm a newbie to the insurance world, going to take my first prelicensing exam next month. I'm loving it so far and really psyched to become a producer.

    However, I'm starting to feel sort of self-conscious about my name. My name is sort of childish-sounding, I think. I don't want to disclose what it is here for obvious reasons, but I'll give an example or two—it's short and cutesy, sort of like "Kittie" instead of Katherine. But it's also gender-ambiguous. I've had a lot of people call me and get surprised to find out that I'm a girl. So when I say "short and cutesy" I don't really mean girly per se. It's a name you definitely see on men, too. More on men than women, actually. ("Alexi" is a good example—you'll see that more on European men, sure, but it's the same reaction I get when they find out I'm a girl.)

    But the thing is, it's a short and super-casual sounding name. Too casual.

    I love it for my personal life because it fits me and my personality, but I'm nervous about facing the world in a professional way using that name. My name feels too cute and even kind of unprofessional.

    My middle name, however, is Richelle and I love that name even though I've never used it for anything in my life (no need, prior to working insurance, I was fine going by my real name.)

    I'm greatly considering changing my professional-facing name to Richelle, because I don't like the idea of my actual name on my business cards but I do like the idea of Richelle (Lastname) on my cards. It's a little foreign to my eyes still, but it's still my name and it's still one I would turn and answer to if I heard it shouted at me in a grocery store.

    Has anyone else ever done this upon entering a professional line of work involving business cards and the like?

    Was it worth the process of a name change?

    What was the process like?

    Did you have to go through a real legal name change or amendment or was it as simple as telling the insurer employing you that you'd like a different name printed on your business cards and material?

    submitted by /u/just-a-quick-q-for-u
    [link] [comments]

    Floridian with a New 6-20, trying to become a Workers Comp Adjuster

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:46 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I currently work as a claims examiner for a large TPA, although I currently adjudicate leave of absence and disability related claims, I'm trying to get promoted within my company to become a Worker's Compensation Adjuster. When I've been putting in internal applications, timing just hasn't been great, and seems the industry is currently a little squeamish to hire as they cancel a lot of openings, but I still must stay the course.

    I currently must make up 19 hours of elective credits for my continuing education requirements, what would be the best electives to take towards a workers compensation position?

    Thank you,
    NA

    submitted by /u/NormanAshbourne09
    [link] [comments]

    Leaving the insurance industry for now, but keeping my license?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:34 AM PDT

    I left my job as a company adjuster this month. I have a 6-20 all lines FL license along with multiple other non-resident licenses. Even though I'm not sure if I'm going to go back into the insurance world, I want to keep at least my home state license current as a back up career option.

    My license is due to renew in June. As long as I keep up my CE requirements, will my license stay current? Is there anything I need to do to change my designation from a company adjuster to an independent adjuster? In my state an independent adjuster also falls under the same license as a company adjuster.

    submitted by /u/throwyaway96
    [link] [comments]

    Illinois renters insurance coverage (esurance) for flood damage

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 05:15 AM PDT

    Hello all, I can't seem to get a straight answer from esurance on this without filing a claim so maybe someone knowledgeable could help?

    I live in a garden apartment and have renters insurance tied to my auto policy through esurance. Last time we got a heavy rain, rainwater backed up into my apartment (about 3" worth) and ruined the bottom of two bookcases and end tables. Would this be covered by my insurance or the landlords? They had a service come to clean and dry everything, but kind of avoided commenting on any damage to my property as well.

    submitted by /u/TheSeansk1
    [link] [comments]

    UK insurance help!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 04:58 AM PDT

    Hello Reddit

    roughly 2 weeks ago, driving on the motorway in the third lane, out of nothing the car in front slammed on the brakes to the point the hazard warming lights were engaged. Unfortunately, although I was a fair distance behind I was not able to brake in time, and rear-ended the car at roughly 15 mph while they were still moving. Therefore we pulled into the hard shoulder. Everyone in both cars was fine. The car I hit was a BMW 1 series, the damaged I caused was minor on the lower trim on the bumper. Although my bumper was cracked and my bonnet bent. Talking with the other driver I offered to pay the damage to avoid insurance. But they claimed it was a company car and was probably of the table. Therefore I called my insurance immediately claimed responsibility for the crash. But me being an idiot overwhelmed by what just happened and this being the first collision I forgot to take a reg or take photos. Although we exchanged numbers. So my insurance is aware of the situation. But 2 weeks later regularly checking. No claims have been made at all. Overall im just really confused about the situation. So if anyone has any advice on what to do or how to go forward from here that would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/blackalbino8
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment