• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 27, 2019

    Buying home with removed solar panels Real Estate

    Buying home with removed solar panels Real Estate


    Buying home with removed solar panels

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 09:47 PM PDT

    Hello, we are currently in escrow on a home that has a lien for solar panels. We were told by the seller's agent that they couldn't get anyone to take over the solar lease, so the seller decided to take off the panels and have it brought with them to their new home. They've "repaired" the roof after removing the solar but they've yet to show us any receipt of the repairs. They also left the solar brackets on the roof so that it will be ready and easy to install for the next home owners.

    When we had the roof inspections done, we found out that all of those holes made on the roof meant that parts of the roof will need to be replaced and it will run about $14k. Oh, and we also found out that those solar brackets aren't reusable after-all?

    We've asked them to repair the roof, and are waiting for a reply. Is this a typical scenario? If they refuse to repair the roof, is it possible to at least reuse the holes they created for new solar panels? Is it normal to replace parts of the roof after removing solar panels or can it just be patched up? I'm hoping to salvage the situation because of money and time lost, but should we just walk?

    submitted by /u/NANAPiExD
    [link] [comments]

    Landlord wants us to pay to repair her patio from hard water stains-

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 09:54 AM PDT

    In the process of moving out of our rental house, we've kept everything in great shape.

    Our landlord wants us to pay to have someone clean and seal our brick back patio. It has a streak of white hard water stain right where the hose/spout is leading to the grass that we water with the hose pretty often.

    We think this is her issue because it's caused by her not having proper water treatment. Our cars get covered in hard water from the front sprinklers, our shower head gets a ton of build up, etc.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/chasinglightuni
    [link] [comments]

    How to know when to make the leap and when to continue looking?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 07:17 PM PDT

    The market in my area is crazy hot. Houses are going under contract faster than I can go view them. I've been outbid on an offer already. I was already quite flexible in my parameters and desired location, but I'm finding myself becoming even more flexible. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or if it's just a sign of me settling for something because I'm getting exhausted of the process and am worried I'll never be able to find a house in a market that is so hot. I found two houses today. They are both good, I could see myself living there, but I'm not wild about either of them. I don't care for the location, I wanted a one-story house and these are two, there are some issues that would need to be addressed right away (like carpet or flooring), but the price is exceptional and well below my budget, and the best part is that neither have received offers yet.

    But I just feel OK about these houses, not excited. Am I settling or is it a good decision to put in an offer considering the local market and the price?

    submitted by /u/shatteringopal
    [link] [comments]

    REA : what's the weirdest thing you've seen while doing a rental inspection?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 12:55 AM PDT

    Is it better to rent each of my three rooms individually out or my whole house?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 11:01 PM PDT

    Cash to close lower than expected?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:58 AM PDT

    Purchase price:$209000/$5k in seller credits.

    Loan amount: $202,685

    Closing costs: $5100(paid by seller)

    Down payment: $7315

    Earnest money: $2000

    That leaves me with $5315 cash to close but I was told I only needed $3922. It's Saturday so I cant get an answer until Monday and the discrepancy has me a bit uneasy.

    Any explanation for this? I am in Illinois if that matters.

    submitted by /u/DxGxAxF
    [link] [comments]

    How to Structure Rental for Family Member

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 11:05 PM PDT

    So first off, I know mixing family and investments is a bad idea. And I'm completely willing to end up writing this entire thing off as a loss should worst come to worst (and it would not be that much of my net worth).

    The question, is how should a rental arrangement to a family member be structured to minimize the total cost to all parties (essentially the sum of dollars paid by my sibling and myself) given I would like to charge under fair market rate?

    Additional info:

    • Planning to purchase a house for approximately $75,000 and rent it to my sibling for approximately $675-700 a month
    • $675 would allow for a profit (about 10%), as I do not require property management, and sibling would handle much of the maintenance for both yard and house.
    • I do not require profit in this situation, but would like to get my money back (so I do not want to gift them 75k to buy the house and then hope they pay me back and be out 75k).
    • Average going rate in the area for a similar home would be $850-950, though I did find some homes in the greater metro area renting for ~$750.
    • I am able to finance the purchase via a mortgage, HELOC or cash, but would love to do mortgage for financial reasons.
    • Long term, it will likely convert to a market rental but she may want to switch to a rent to own.

    The main questions I have are:

    • If I charge 675 a month in rent, it would be classified as a personal residence. Would I have to treat it as income and be taxed at my top bracket? Or does it just limit my deductions?
    • If it's classified as a personal residence, am I eligible for the lower mortgage rate that for a rental property?
    • Is there a better way I could go about this with the same outcome? I did contemplate just providing her the loan to purchase the property, but feel like renting would be a better set up long term .

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/SickWhiz
    [link] [comments]

    Do tenants ask landlords to buy their houses?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 09:34 PM PDT

    I've been looking for a house to buy and my area is getting pricey. I'm running out of ideas on how to find a GREAT deal on a house.... then got the idea to ask my landlord if she'd be interested in selling one of her properties. I also want to add that she and her husband are VERY old and I'm surprised they're still renting at this point.

    Is this insulting to ask? Is it normal? TIA.

    submitted by /u/smikle666
    [link] [comments]

    When to buy in California

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 09:18 AM PDT

    I'm military living in an apartment near Vandenberg CA. It looks like I might be securing a civilian position here and spending at least 5 years if not more in the local area. Everything is starting to point towards investing in a home but I've heard conflicting opinions on if the market is right. Some have told me that the market is expected to take a dip next year. Some have told me that I should wait until during/after the next election because prices may swing dramatically. Others say I should buy as soon as possible.

    Is there a reliable source of truth for market health and predictions? Is there a standard opinion on if buying in California right now is a good or bad idea?

    submitted by /u/Pacifishy
    [link] [comments]

    Do I people still use a real estate agent to BUY property?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 04:27 PM PDT

    I'm getting ready to sell a property and I have a question. Do people still use a real estate agent when they buy? As a seller I definitely want to use one. But as a buyer don't most people find their own properties online and contact the selling agent?

    submitted by /u/themightyelectron
    [link] [comments]

    Financing large acreage with home

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 04:22 PM PDT

    I am trying to nail down the financing requirements for acreage and a house. We have bought and sold older homes on 16-20 acres and have used both 203K and conventional.

    I have been told that 20 acres is the maximum amount of acreage before you need an AG loan. I've also been told that it's solely dependent on the appraisal.

    What is the real scoop? I want 40+ acres and a nice 4 bedroom 2300sqft+ house but don't want to get my hopes up if it can solely be financed by farm credit for 30-40% down.

    submitted by /u/TangoLimaGolf
    [link] [comments]

    Regrets After Signed Contract

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:04 PM PDT

    Never mind

    submitted by /u/justlegit
    [link] [comments]

    Duel agency congrats if your the buyer looking to also sell your property.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 10:28 PM PDT

    I've got a very interesting situation here and I'm thinking about firing my 20 year agent to engage in a duel agency contact with a stranger. I'm looking for guidance in central Connecticut

    submitted by /u/CaptPippi
    [link] [comments]

    If you could, would you flip houses? Why or why not?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 03:55 PM PDT

    If you had the cash and a reliable contractor, would flipping be a viable option for you? What are the risks?

    submitted by /u/ng300
    [link] [comments]

    Teen in Real Estate

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 07:27 PM PDT

    I'm a 16 year old guy who has had an interest in real estate my whole life, and recently, I've decided this is most likely what I want to do as my career. I know I can't get my license until I'm 18, but are there any ways now that I can get involved, learning the ins and outs while I'm still in high school? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Bacteriophage_
    [link] [comments]

    Will I get my earnest money back?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 03:33 PM PDT

    So I'm in the middle of buying a home. Turns out it has a hefty lien on the title. Seller is caught up trying to get assistance from the state to get them taken care of. I've been waiting about for months and signed 3 addendums pushing back closing. My loan company is tired of waiting on this house and want me to begin looking at other options. If I wait past the addendum closing date of Oct. 31st. Will I get my earnest money back since seller couldn't settle the liens?

    submitted by /u/GrundleGhoul72
    [link] [comments]

    Real Estate Classes/Certifications in NYC

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 03:22 PM PDT

    Does anyone know of any good real estate classes in NYC that would educate me in the real estate market? Also, if you think it would be better to have a certification then I am open to that as well. Very new to this and looking for some advice.

    submitted by /u/nak5120
    [link] [comments]

    House flippers; what is advice you'd give to yourself prior to starting if you could?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:20 AM PDT

    So question is self explanatory. But I've always had an interest in renovations and making things pretty. And my partner is quite handy. But it's something we've briefly mentioned as a joke idea of "remember that shitty rental we saw [when looking for our own rental], imagine if we bought that, all it needs is the cabinets screwed in properly and a coat of paint to make it 100x different and more attractive".

    And it's slowly getting me more and more into the idea. Obviously not starting with big job houses. But, if you had advice, you'd give to yourself back before you had started doing it, what would it be?

    submitted by /u/buggle_bunny
    [link] [comments]

    Why does it take on average 6 months to sell a house, however 22 days to let out the property?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 01:56 PM PDT

    What would you say the factors behind this?

    submitted by /u/josephwilkinson
    [link] [comments]

    Personal Residence - PA or NJ?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 07:57 AM PDT

    Two totally different properties, my wife and I can't decide on our primary residence.

    Although I own rentals, I've never bought a property to live in. We currently rent a home walking distance to center-city Philadelphia.

    We work from home most days so commuting isn't a major factor and we're ready to get out of the city for land to enjoy nature and grow trees & gardens.

    Both properties are stylish mid-century ranchers on private well/septic, property taxes are about the same.

    We fell in love with a house in NJ last year (older sellers moving slowly) and have finally come to an agreement (needs work but could be perfect).

    In the meantime, we found another (amazing) house in PA that is more expensive but ready to move into.

    Hunterdon County, NJ

    ~2,500 sq ft, 2 acres, asking ~$400k (in agreement for <$300k)

    pros: surrounded by forest - the lot feels much larger, bowling alley in the basement, we negotiated to include seller's vintage pool table

    cons: 20 minutes farther from civilization, septic needs to be replaced, electric needs to be updated ($200k+ of renovations to meet our needs)

    Bucks County, PA

    ~2,000 sq ft, 1.5 acres, asking ~$700k (offered $650k, waiting for a reply)

    pros: ready to move in to, beautiful mid-century modern, small creek/pond on the property, close to town

    cons: much more expensive, smaller lot/home

    At the end of the day, it seems like the question is whether we can handle the stress of renovation and don't mind being somewhat isolated versus spending more money for a smaller home that is convenient to modern amenities.

    Also, income taxes will be about double in NJ versus PA, not sure if we missed anything else!

    Did you move to an isolated property and have regrets?

    Have you moved from the city to the country and wished to be closer to everything?

    Let us know if you have any thoughts to help us with the decision process!

    submitted by /u/robbieMAX
    [link] [comments]

    Roof leaking 3 months after we moved in?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 04:41 PM PDT

    We bought our house in July and noticed there was water leaking through the roof into the attic on a rainy day. Home inspector didn't notice it because they don't inspect the roof/it wasn't raining the day she inspected it. We had a roof inspector come and he said the damage was from before we moved in.

    Figured our only choice is to pay for the replacement out of pocket, maybe file a claim with insurance ($1000 deductible). But I'm a first time homebuyer so figured I'd ask here to see if there were any other options that I'm not aware of. Or just gotta suck it up and pay? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tpharm2
    [link] [comments]

    What investment Rates are you seeing?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 12:46 PM PDT

    Hello all, I'm putting down 25%, my credit score is 760+, my loan is fully underwritten for a 250k. I was given a rate of 4.7 to 4.9. I was wondering what interest rate is everyone getting on an investment purchase. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/gee1010
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal for agencies to rent a place for only 1 month?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:11 AM PDT

    I have no experience in renting a place and I am confused by just how short short let is.

    submitted by /u/yosxi
    [link] [comments]

    Is this shady agent behavior or am I missing something?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 07:55 AM PDT

    In the process of selling a gorgeous spec house my friend and I built in Long Island. Shopped for agents. Found one I thought I liked, with a deal I thought I liked -- splits a 5% commission, or 4.5% if it's within his brokerage, or he gets 4% if he winds up bringing a buyer, so -- what I've learned is "dual agency."

    Sends me the paperwork. One of the things he wants me to sign says that "I've been briefed on MLS and have agreed to not list my house with MLS."

    Well, firstly I was not briefed on that. I asked him why on earth I wouldn't want to expose the house to as many people as possible. His response was: "If I don't opt out of the MLS for a period of time, we have to release the listing to the public without our marketing in place and we only have one chance to make the best impression. I put the exclusion for a few months because if we exceed that exclusion it's a big penalty on me, so I try to give a little time buffer. Off MLS, we still are exposed to [4,000 agents in his brokerage].

    Clearly what it seems like to me is he wants the listing to himself so that he can have dual agency and pocket the full 4%. Not to mention, as we get into the winter months, where sales decline, keeping it off MLS doesn't seem smart. My feeling is he's not exactly working in our best interest.

    Or am I wrong? Happy to hear a counter argument!

    submitted by /u/RogueStatesman
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment