• Breaking News

    Monday, October 7, 2019

    Accounting The intern after you ask them why they billed 8 hours for tracking down a $17 variance

    Accounting The intern after you ask them why they billed 8 hours for tracking down a $17 variance


    The intern after you ask them why they billed 8 hours for tracking down a $17 variance

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 04:07 PM PDT

    Anyone?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 03:27 AM PDT

    My friend very good use of company time on the white board while everyone else is actually working

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 05:14 PM PDT

    Excel shitposts

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 02:25 PM PDT

    Keys to success with Enron Execs.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:17 AM PDT

    Anyone else have trouble when they took Finance or am I just an idiot

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 01:54 PM PDT

    I don't even do accounting anymore, I'm just here for the memes

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:21 AM PDT

    When your work has the same review notes as the first time you submitted it

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 02:19 PM PDT

    That’s not how any of this works

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 03:11 PM PDT

    3-5 years of experience obtained in last 2 years

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 11:19 AM PDT

    Went to advisory client site today

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 07:43 AM PDT

    One of the employees held the door for me at a key card access area, should I report a control deficiency to their auditors?

    submitted by /u/Outdoorkatze
    [link] [comments]

    What I want to say to new staff asking questions vs what I actually say:

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:38 AM PDT

    Another glorious day of coping with early busy season blues...

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:35 PM PDT

    Question to US B4 employees: what is the healthcare like? How does it work? Is it good? Expensive?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 05:17 PM PDT

    Canadian with no clue how US healthcare works. Would working in a B4 firm in US mean you have good health insurance?

    submitted by /u/prodigy2throw
    [link] [comments]

    Do you believe in the "stay till senior/stay till manager" saying?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 10:41 AM PDT

    Seems like this gets touted all the time in my team. Do you personally believe it?

    submitted by /u/SeriousIntern
    [link] [comments]

    Who said accountants don’t have flashy cars?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:57 AM PDT

    Repaying family loan

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:15 PM PDT

    About 15 years ago, a family member loaned me money, and that person did so a few more times over the years. I now owe her $165,000 in outstanding debt, which I can afford to pay. She didn't charge me any interest.

    If I want to pay back the loan, can I just send her $165k as a gift, reducing my lifetime limit? I don't want her to have to pay taxes since she didn't charge any interest.

    My other option is to jsut transfer existing stocks and bonds that I own to her. They weren't necessarily purchased with the 165k, but maybe that makes it easier?

    Would love some help. What's my best option?

    submitted by /u/Beachybumm
    [link] [comments]

    CPA books

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 09:13 PM PDT

    When you buy the expensive course of books from Becker or whoever, is there a lot of structure built into it that guides your learning and direction? Or is it just a bunch of reading and then multiple choice?

    I personally would like it more if it were structured.

    submitted by /u/GaniB
    [link] [comments]

    Any Federal accountants feeling the pain?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 06:57 PM PDT

    Those who found out Accounting isn't for you, and quit, what do you do now ?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 02:52 PM PDT

    I see so many people regretting this career path and end up hating it. Why did you quit ? And what do you do now ? Is money true happiness ?

    submitted by /u/antichrome69
    [link] [comments]

    When did you start understanding this?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 03:13 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I work for a large company, staff accountant role.

    I don't consider myself stupid, I usually pick up new things very well, passed cpa exam this year, computer savvy, etc.

    So, why is it that I always feel dumb at work? I've been in accounting dept since March, but nowhere close to understanding what hits what and how all those intercompany transactions work.

    Or maybe I'm just too hard on myself. Idk.

    Does anyone experience the same shit? Its my first real accounting job...

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/nikolays817
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to "understand" vs. just memorize is frustrating me.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 08:10 PM PDT

    Well, half of the time the professor herself says, "so we're just gonna credit _ and debit _." Sometimes it makes sense as to why intuitively but sometimes it doesn't and then I go online to search for why and either never get anywhere or get a "shallow" sense as to why which doesn't really help me out in the long-run.

    I'm taking intermediate II and almost every accounting class I've had has been this way. As you may be able to tell, I'm barely scraping by and this is NOT indicative of how much effort I've put into my studies.

    Does anybody else feel this way?

    submitted by /u/Mystik-Palace
    [link] [comments]

    Computer recommendation for an accounting major

    Posted: 07 Oct 2019 01:19 PM PDT

    Hi there!

    I'm starting school for accounting next semester and I'm looking for recommendations for a laptop that y'all enjoy working with and will be helpful during my school years. I don't know much about computers (or accounting programs/apps I'll have to use during school whatsoever) so not sure what to look for.

    submitted by /u/unicorniosandglitter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment