• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 13, 2019

    Accounting I thought it was accurate

    Accounting I thought it was accurate


    I thought it was accurate

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    More people here would appreciate...

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:04 AM PDT

    Great Work-Life Balance

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    Decided I’m leaving Big 4 Tax

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 09:34 AM PDT

    I'm over this. I've been here for about 5 years and was promoted to manager a month ago. This tax season, I have been working insane hours and barely see my husband anymore. 80-90 hours is the weekly average I've been dialing. I'm over this, I'm leaving.

    /vent

    submitted by /u/LA_CPA_1
    [link] [comments]

    We're all american psychos here

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 08:32 PM PDT

    This really hits home.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:15 PM PDT

    *looks into mirror*, you got this

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:11 PM PDT

    Working in SALT and still don't have a finalized federal return (or even a final income amount) for the 10/15 filings.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:46 PM PDT

    Just broke 100 hrs for the week. Help

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 03:32 PM PDT

    See title. Is it too late to go back for a marketing degree?

    submitted by /u/ItzChiips
    [link] [comments]

    I just wanna thank this sub reddit for being so helpful

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:12 PM PDT

    I'm an accounting student, and it seems like I have 5 new questions a day. So thank you for taking time out of your day in helping me understand accounting :)

    submitted by /u/AUniqueUsername1996
    [link] [comments]

    Working in Private be like...

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 07:21 PM PDT

    Public accounting has scarred me

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:29 PM PDT

    I've moved on to a better work environment in industry. But god damn did the experience scar me. I forgot what its like to have nice coworkers and managers that actually care about your wellbeing. I've been at the new job for a few months and its only recently feeling normal. All the deadline pressure is gone and I'm not hating myself.

    I'm grateful I got my current job because of it but fk, I would never do that shit again. I had so much anxiety and lost so many nights of sleep because of that job. Don't sell your soul for too long. Get out as soon as you can find something better. These people don't care about you.

    submitted by /u/thrwawayyyy2121
    [link] [comments]

    "Teachers work more overtime any other Professionals" Uhhhhh.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 04:18 PM PDT

    It's not love, it's public hours.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:11 PM PDT

    Do any of you move your mouse every 3-4 minutes on your personal computer out of habit (while doing something else) because you think that Skype is going to say “Away” or “Inactive”?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 05:29 PM PDT

    Just something weird I caught on today...

    submitted by /u/surferdude1776
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been on this sub for so long I actually thought it was Deloitte instead of Dolittle it a second....

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 08:56 AM PDT

    Public accounting recruiting is just like Casual dating

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 09:43 AM PDT

    If you think about it, they are very very similar. You first go to social events and hang with friends/acquaintances. You already know there'll be some attractive firms [chicks] that you'll want to talk to. You work up the courage to approach them but there's already fierce competition, but they are all (mistakenly) bootlickin'. "Peasants" you think, and you walk over to them.

    If everything goes well, you get the recruiter's [girl's] business card [phone number] and then reach out. After some thank you emails and back-and-Forths [small talk over text] you might get invited to an interview [first date].

    Now, you may think you are qualified in that you have a good GPA [good looks], you are active in your community [lots of mutual friends], and have good work or internship experience [experienced dater] but all of that will be left behind on the interview. It is now about connecting with the interviewer and finding points of interest [making the girl laugh, having a cool convo].

    Typically, most firms will not give you an offer [sleep with you] until second round interviews at the very least, but some of the smaller, less attractive firms will [less attractive chicks who don't get hit on a lot] just because they don't have as many applicants.

    If you make it to second round, you are pretty much there. It's obvious you are technically qualified [good looking, good conversational skills], and have done well on the first interview [date], and now it's the last round [second date]. If everything goes well, they'll hit you up with an email offer [text message] Saturday night with a full time or internship offer. If they liked you a LOT, you might even receive a phone call with the offer[phone call asking you to come over 💦 ]

    So yeah. Public accounting recruiting = Casual dating

    submitted by /u/ballhangslower
    [link] [comments]

    Which B4 partner wrote this?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 12:39 AM PDT

    County Government Accounting - Drug Tests?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 09:37 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I just recently applied for a county government accounting position for the second largest (by population) county in my state. I was wondering if anyone would know if I should expect to be drug tested for this type of position? I smoke 2 times a week, 1 time on Friday night, and 1 time on Saturday night.

    Obviously, I'm going to quit smoking, but I wanted to know what I should expect for a position like this.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/TboneCopKilla
    [link] [comments]

    Should my AA and BS both be in Accounting?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:17 PM PDT

    I have 1.5 semester left at community college (thank the lord) and will be transferring with an Associate Degree of Transfer in Accounting. After, I transfer I will be pursuing a Bachelor of Accounting.

    I was wondering if it would help to change my AA to something else like business admin to be more marketable or just keep the AA in account to take an entry level position somewhere?

    submitted by /u/XCavier1
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody else honestly not mind the long hours and weekend work in public accounting?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 10:02 AM PDT

    Am prepared for the downvotes but here it goes. Theres so much negativity here so thought I'd just add my 2 cents for the positives.

    I've been in public accounting for 5 years now, Senior at a Big 4 in the UK, due for AM next year. Also have worked in the same Big 4 in the middle east as well for ~3 years.

    I've had some horror spells during the years but I dunno I've never felt overwhelmed or hated the career. I know most of it is BS and I definitely don't feel I contribute to society or anything like that with my job.

    However, the positives of the job are:

    1) Reasonable work life balance outside of busy season ( which for me is usually 7-8 mths a year(including leaves), YMMV here) 2) I like the improvisation and challenges its throws at me 3) pretty safe job tbh, we don't have to sell the business (at least at senior level) nor are we really responsible for anything other than just getting the job done satisfactorily. 4) i do like random travels even to strange places and secondments are another plus with the Big 4 5) this may be whataboutery but theres so many shit jobs, literally back breaking ones and grossly underpaid ones that I just feel this is alright in comparison.

    Now two caveats.

    One. I'm old school. I saw me dad working a govt job and never, ever complain for 20 years even when he had to work weekends or I dunno cover up his colleagues incompetence. He wasn't too ambitious but he was insanely diligent and probably never missed more than a few days of work in his career. Kinda like Jiro in Jiro dreams of Sushi if anyones seen that. So thats something I've always sough to emulate.

    2) I'm kind of a stolid person. Sort of like Brad Pitts character in Ad Astra. I honestly have never felt stress doing this job. I've been in the profession long enough to know everything gets sorted out eventually so IDGAF usually when everyones panicking. I'm not a loner but I'm okay with a lack of leisure time too.

    I'll probably look to move to industry if I can get a good gig but for now I'm okay with public accounting. So yeah anybody else feel the same?

    submitted by /u/scorpion_spider
    [link] [comments]

    To get the variable expense would it just be (COGS+Sales Commissions)*3200.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 07:06 PM PDT

    Comics are so unrealistic

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 10:40 AM PDT

    GILTI FUN!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 10:39 AM PDT

    Anybody else hating busy season with the new GILTI tax? It is an extremely tedious tax computation and making the 9/15 tax deadline a cake walk.

    submitted by /u/DeepPenetration
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment