• Breaking News

    Monday, October 28, 2019

    Accounting I am super proud to announce that I have accepted an offer with...

    Accounting I am super proud to announce that I have accepted an offer with...


    I am super proud to announce that I have accepted an offer with...

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:21 PM PDT

    French Toast. After careful consideration, I believe that French Toast does the best job of soaking up syrup. I appreciate interest from Pancakes and Waffles alike, but think that this is the best move for my career moving forward. The world of breakfast foods is massive, and I look forward to being apart of the French Toast family.

    submitted by /u/cocky_nick
    [link] [comments]

    please consult your tax advisor

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:12 PM PDT

    Spread those sheets Tony, spread 'em!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:37 PM PDT

    Excel user’s worst nightmare in one keyboard

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:38 PM PDT

    When you receiving the PPE Subledger and the first JE is Dr. depreciation Land Cr. Accumulated depreciation

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:27 AM PDT

    New associates who spent 4-5 years in school/getting their CPA doing coffee runs and ordering the team dinner.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:35 AM PDT

    My fave plug is $1

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:52 AM PDT

    Accounting in Dangerous Cities (Detroit, Chicago, Saint Louis, Memphis, etc.)

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:20 PM PDT

    So, I am a graduate student, and I've accepted a job at a Big 4 office in probably the most dangerous city in the state. This means I'm going to be working late nights and walking in the dark back to my car. My particular office is in the "bad part" of town. I received two offers through recruiting, and both offices are within 500 feet of each other, so this was not an avoidable circumstance.

    If you're wondering how bad the city is, someone actually attempted to rob me while I was trying to leave the social the night before the final round interview for the job I ended up taking.

    Basically, I feel like I need to be packing heat anytime I'm walking the streets, but that seems like one of the worst ways to get fired. So, I'd like to know how those of you that work in dangerous cities deal with that environment, and I am open to any tips you all have on navigating this.

    submitted by /u/Ramsgiving
    [link] [comments]

    Someone has chugged too much Kool-aid...

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:49 PM PDT

    Humble brag

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:23 PM PDT

    I'm 31 and just messed around in my 20's. Was in and out of various universities studying all sorts of things and never dedicated myself. Other people my age were going - so I went. I swapped between studying for high school education, then elementary school. Then water science caught my attention...for 2 semesters anyways. I never failed due to lack of intellect, I just wasn't ready on a personal level.

    I moved back to the states and started working in the service industry, various restaurant jobs, permanently on the verge of depression as I was really not making anything out of myself.

    The longer I worked in restaurants the more I became interested in the 'behind the scenes aspects' of the restaurant world, and businesses in general. When the bookkeeper at the restaurant I was working at quit for another job, I threw my hat into the ring.

    Needless to say, with no degree or relevant experience I did not succeed in securing the position. Slightly jaded that I was overlooked although I had put in multiple years and was always very proficient at whatever task I took upon me I decided to continue working as I pursued an associates degree in accounting at a local community college.

    I loved the material, the principles the power of the feeling of having all the information at the tip of your fingers. In my second semester I took on a position in the accounting lab as a tutor, mainly to finally have something accounting related on my resume.

    At the beginning of my third semester I secured the position as a bookkeeper of small business which helped tremendously gaining relevant experience. The combined experience and skills helped me find a position as a bookkeeper for a local restaurant group where I began working during my 4th semester.

    As I was always full-time I never took on a 'full' course-load so I needed summer classes to graduate timely. This August I completed my last classes for the associates and graduated. In December the CFO is retiring and I just signed the paper work to become the new one.

    Kinda happy, thought I'd share - thanks for reading

    submitted by /u/modosto
    [link] [comments]

    How do you deal with a co-worker crying in the audit room because of a rude client?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:15 AM PDT

    Furthermore they're pushing the interactions with the client on you because of that experience.

    submitted by /u/SeriousIntern
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to start a bookkeeping business. Here's my plan

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:47 PM PDT

    I'm a CPA, MBA with 5 years corporate accounting experience. I plan on getting QBO certified and work for intuit part time for a while before building my own business. I'll have to do it part time as I'm a full time employee. Is it common to get clients through QBO proadvisor?

    submitted by /u/newcfchome
    [link] [comments]

    Has everyone started smack dab in the middle of a busy season with no training or external audit experience? How did it go?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 05:45 PM PDT

    Becoming an overseas accountant......

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:03 PM PDT

    Looking for anyone whose been around the block in the accounting worldwho would know how common it is to be transferred to work internationally while working in the big 4 or elsewhere? Ideal career paths or firms where its more common? Challenges with IFRS standards? I'm currently interning Big 4 and gettin my feet wet in the audit side of things.

    submitted by /u/Sure_Accountant
    [link] [comments]

    2019 CFE result delay

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:49 AM PDT

    2019 cfe result exam-2019

    Dear all 2019 CFE writer, I am so disappointed CPA decided to delay the CFE result without email us! Here is the link on CPA website! I am share this just for everyone to know this message in case someone shocked on Nov 29, 2019. So disappointed about CPA, this is very important information for all writer, I cann't believe they didn't email to us. Anyone on the CPA broad, please let us know what's the purpose CPA only put news on website without email to the CFE writer ?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/TThappy
    [link] [comments]

    How has Brexit impacted your workplace, if at all?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 01:07 PM PDT

    I'm tired of having Brexit meetings at work. We had one last fall, this spring, and just two weeks ago. Now delayed again.

    We were supposed to open an office in London and separate the UK and Ireland into its own business sector in 2018, separate from our Western Europe division. That got cancelled and looks like it won't happen until early-2021 at the earliest, if at all (depending on how the legal environment looks once they're out of the EU).

    The UK is a major market for us, not only for music sales but also for purchasing music rights, music production, and talent acquisition. A hard Brexit would greatly complicate everything, although it wouldn't be devastating; it would just be a hassle for us for 6 months or so.

    Meanwhile, friends who work in the automotive and paper sectors are quite worried about the impact on their companies and jobs.

    So, any of you have stories of Brexit impacting your workplace or studies?

    submitted by /u/Clarko95
    [link] [comments]

    Code of Independence Help!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:02 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I recently received an offer from this company, and it's been my dream to work there. And my gf is going to start working as an auditor for one of the big 4. But here's the situation. She wants to be put on the team that audits my company. She always wanted to work for this team because she really likes the company, but she wants to be the one that audit, not the one that gets audited. But she told me, apparently, that's not allowed because of code of independence and she explained the whole thing. However, I just can't wrapped my head around it (maybe it's cause idk much about accounting and I'm a SWE), but it's not like we're married or live together. Does Code of Independence thing still apply in my situation? I don't want her to give up on her dream team, because of my dream job. Please help!

    Thank you so much!!

    submitted by /u/woduck546
    [link] [comments]

    God I hate fucking IT audit what the fuck is the point do we even catch anything JESUS CHRIST

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 10:40 PM PDT

    Kill me oooo screenshot ooo auditor report ooo APPRVOALS FOR WVERYTHING APPROVAL FOR WHO CAN FUCKING APPROVE I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE JESUS GOD FUCKING DAMNIT COME ON

    submitted by /u/ProphetOfPositivity
    [link] [comments]

    Tech Consulting or Audit?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:38 PM PDT

    Choosing between offers at either audit intern at at a B4 or a tech consulting FT role at Accenture. Tech consulting may sound sexy on here, but it's going to be implementation work. I'm aware of my exit opportunities within B4 audit and was gunning for a technical accounting/FDD role after I pay my dues in audit. Not sure about tech implementation exits and r/consulting didn't have much of a view on implementation work either. Unsure which to choose as Accenture tech consulting seems to hire anyone, which means my Accounting degree would go out the window. Not sure which to pick.

    submitted by /u/curiousstuden21
    [link] [comments]

    Tax Question

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:30 PM PDT

    Hello All, I am stuck on a tax research project question.. I 've been trying to google the question but couldn't find anything.

    If someone receives coupons as a prize from a raffle, they have to report the FMV as gross income but what if the coupons expire? Do they still report the full amount or partially?

    Example: If someone receives 10 coupons for cakes valued at $700 from a raffle. They would report the $700 as income. If they do not use all the coupons and the coupons expire, could they exclude part of the $700 from income?

    Could you please explain why?

    submitted by /u/PotatoKickin
    [link] [comments]

    No Networking... yet? Looking for advice for recruitment process

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:55 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I go to a fairly large school and I am going into my senior year (I'm a second semester junior right now.) I am heavily interested in a summer internship with a Big Four as I'm nearby a bigger city. I don't have a ton of networking connections because I transferred to this area but I don't want to put off applying because I'll be graduated this time next year so I'd like to hopefully be able to accept an offer where I intern. I have a 3.4 cumulative GPA and will be interning at a tax CPA firm this tax season; but what are the steps to getting a resume in somewhere without a network connection?

    I know there are like google docs on this, but they all mention that networking is so important.

    submitted by /u/krgxo
    [link] [comments]

    What are the options for a low GPA undergraduate student looking to take their first steps into the professional working world?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:47 AM PDT

    GPA and hard cutoffs are constantly being echoed in this sub. I have seen it first hand that applications for public accounting firms requires a certain GPA or have a GPA threshold for their applicants.

    I want to ask the question: "Are students screwed if their GPA is significantly lower than a 3.0?".

    Can you work your way up from a small accounting firm (Assuming that the small ones don't have strict GPA requirements) to a mid-tier firm and then transition to a big 4.

    That is currently my pipe dream since I am academically challenged.

    submitted by /u/Academicwimp3
    [link] [comments]

    Any accountants that went to school in California?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:13 PM PDT

    I'm applying to CSUs next month and trying to get some input on which CSUs have good accounting programs. A few I have in mind are San Bernardino, Monterey, San Jose, CSU Los Angeles, Cal Poly, San Diego. Any input and advice is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/cosmicmangobutt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment