• Breaking News

    Friday, October 25, 2019

    Accounting How I wish my brain would study for the CPA vs my brain actually studying for the CPA

    Accounting How I wish my brain would study for the CPA vs my brain actually studying for the CPA


    How I wish my brain would study for the CPA vs my brain actually studying for the CPA

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 10:05 AM PDT

    MFW I'm trying to absorb all that knowledge and stay super focused

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 05:45 AM PDT

    As someone who works in Government this is how i feel sometimes

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 05:40 PM PDT

    [CAN] CFE results delayed to January 2020

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 08:12 AM PDT

    I don’t know what all these waffle and pancake memes about, but these memes are making me go buy some waffles.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:36 PM PDT

    my waffle-brained OC

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 11:40 AM PDT

    [CAN] CPA Canada's gross incompetence

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 12:19 PM PDT

    In light of the today's extremely vague and utterly disappointing announcement from CPA Canada, having heard no updates for weeks and only half assed apologies, its time we members have our voices heard.

    Candidates deserve a timeline of events, a REAL tentative date in January, and a proper action plan from CPA Canada on how they're solving this issue.
    Candidates REFUSE to be left in the dark waiting for yet another garbage email from CPA/Joy Thomas.

    Candidates spend a significant amount of money, time, and effort per year to be part of professional body that puts its candidates through complete hell and with no consequences, only half assed email apologies and no real timeline or action plan. Day after day, we are left in the dark on what's to be done and what CPA's plans are. Everything they do, is to save their asses with no regard for our personal lives, our anxieties and our careers, and to save them money.
    Clearly, CPA values profit over reputation and respect for the members of their professional organization. This is an EMBARRASSMENT to those currently designated, and for all members of the CPA. Those responsible need to be held accountable.

    *CPA Canada NEEDS to face consequences for this* - I don't know how, but damn it, they do. What they're doing is not enough.

    When candidates are half an hour late to a workshop, the candidate is fined and disciplined. CPA is ruthless, and we should hold them to the same standard.

    SCREW YOU CPA

    submitted by /u/literallysooverthis
    [link] [comments]

    Pancake Brain LLP

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    Accountants should be better with deadlines.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 03:10 PM PDT

    Studying for Advanced Tax and there's 3 chapters of material

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 01:42 PM PDT

    I’m on reddit so I don’t actually have sex but here’s a poem I wrote for ya’ll

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 10:48 PM PDT

    Best accounting related insults

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 10:42 AM PDT

    Told my husband today that he was a current liability.

    Followed it up by saying it wouldn't be long before he fell under IFRS5.

    He said he was more of a long term fixed asset, and that i should pipe down unless i wanted some double entry. 🙄🙄

    Made me realise a few things

    1) I'm very lame 2) are there any other good accounting insults/thing to say to people?

    Suggestions please!

    submitted by /u/ivyHL
    [link] [comments]

    I'm gone for 48 hours, and y'all eattin breakfast now?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:00 PM PDT

    Taking FAR on Saturday afternoon...

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:50 PM PDT

    I'm looking for some last-minute suggestions on what adult beverage(s) I should consume post-exam.

    submitted by /u/unoriginalmystery
    [link] [comments]

    [CAN] Apparently CFE results have been pushed back to January 2020?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:59 AM PDT

    Heard this from someone at a firm. I didn't write this year (wrote in 2016), but I can't even imagine how frustrating this must be for all the writers this year; especially after the whole fiasco that occurred. Anyone know any more about this? I'm assuming it's to some how accommodate for fairly marking the exams despite this mess?

    Do they need a couple months to figure out how to upload the results to their site using WiFi?

    EDIT: Just FYI, this is word-of-mouth knowledge, I can't 100% confirm it. Just wanted to see if anyone knew more about it than me. Hopefully there's more communication soon.

    EDIT: Email has been sent out by CPA confirming this according to comments here.

    submitted by /u/Dregger12
    [link] [comments]

    The struggle

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:29 AM PDT

    Point me to the pancake table

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:32 PM PDT

    employees who attend college can have their earnings up to $5200 be reported as tuition reimbursement tax deductible?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 08:55 PM PDT

    Switch from Tax to Audit as a Senior Associate

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:56 PM PDT

    Long story short, I am currently a senior tax associate at a mid-tier firm, have been doing tax since college graduation and it's been 4+ yrs , mainly on pass-thru entities. Now I've come to a point and started thinking about the future career. My ultimate goal is to transit to private so I've got 3 options here:

    1. Switch to audit within my current firm. I don't hate tax but I might like audit better. And audit obviously has better exit opportunities. But it also means that I'll have to start over w/ less pay and lower title.

    2. Switch to B4 and do corp tax. Get more exposure to ASC 740 which allows better exit opportunities to F500 companies in the future.

    3. Switch to a F500 companies do tax provision. Very rare opportunities out there for me today and I've heard it's harder to move up the ranks within private.

    If you've had experience like this, please share. Much appreciate.

    submitted by /u/dayeeee
    [link] [comments]

    CFE results delayed rant

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 09:13 AM PDT

    Just having a mini breakdown over the fact that the CFE results are delayed. It's like picking at a scab that just started to heal.

    I am finding it so hard to plan for next year. I am getting married in June and honeymooning to Europe for a month. If I have to re-write in May, I can't take a month off. I need to book flights around Christmas. Maybe, if I failed, I will just not return and start a new life in Ukraine.

    submitted by /u/chipsndip77
    [link] [comments]

    EY Offer

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:25 PM PDT

    I received an internship offer from EY but the duration is for 10 weeks only. I want to do an internship for 16 weeeks. Should I mail the recruiter now or ask for an extension during the job? Anybody with a similar experience?

    submitted by /u/hakunamata28
    [link] [comments]

    First Year Accounting Student Question

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:13 PM PDT

    Hello there, I'm currently in my first year and I was just wondering what basic jobs I could potentially apply for during the summer if I completed the first year financial accounting course? I am interested into going into accounting because it seems very interesting so I just thought I'd ask reddit

    submitted by /u/jayzee4374
    [link] [comments]

    Difference in summer internships between KPMG and BDO?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 02:27 PM PDT

    Edit: tax

    Can anyone tell me about their experiences in these firms for your internships? Specifically what they have you do, how they train you, and how much you got paid (optional)?

    I know that KPMG sends their interns to Orlando, but is it for the whole internship? Actually have no idea about what BDO does

    submitted by /u/lavarofhouseball
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment