• Breaking News

    Monday, October 14, 2019

    Accounting Gotta keep the kool aid stocked

    Accounting Gotta keep the kool aid stocked


    Gotta keep the kool aid stocked

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:50 AM PDT

    First year associate Halloween costume

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 06:55 PM PDT

    You EY bois flex hard in Times Square

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 06:26 PM PDT

    Me trying to show off my GAAP knowledge to my senior

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:24 PM PDT

    “So why did you leave public accounting?”

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 03:19 AM PDT

    When a client responds within an hour of my PBC request with the support I need

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:28 PM PDT

    I have to restrain myself from professing my undying love to them. Anyone else get the same feeling?

    submitted by /u/RandomMiddleName
    [link] [comments]

    Dr. Deloitte

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 10:02 AM PDT

    Change the t in “the” to an uppercase T. ������

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 09:50 AM PDT

    Cries in big 4

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 01:16 AM PDT

    Thanks, I'll pass

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 06:28 AM PDT

    I got coached out of public for being terrible. What would you do? My career is at stake.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 09:57 PM PDT

    Even though I'd only taken a handful of accounting classes, I received and accepted a non entry-level Big 4 offer. I got the offer because I'd previously had a treasury co-op and a BO co op at a boutique investment bank. I'm technically part of the Class of 2019 (I graduated in 3.5 years instead of 4).

    I had gotten a lot of assurance from the recruiter, the partners, and my family that I would be OK even though in college I'd studied something unrelated to accounting. Unfortunately, from the beginning the people I worked with did not tolerate my cluelessness because I wasn't helping out as much as they wanted me to. Everyday it made me hate myself for being stupid and slow.

    My manager wasn't happy with the fact that I was quiet, but really I was hesitant to ask questions that revealed my lack of knowledge. There was zero tolerance for any signs of weakness or cluelessness. During my first two months, I didn't know basic auditing terms. To be honest, prior to working there I had never heard of controls testing. My work papers were 80%+ SALY which caused a lot of passive resentment. I think some of my work had to be redone, but I was not told what. Before I got a lot of flack for not outsourcing enough work to India or streamlining my work using digital tools. I'm sure the beginning of the end was when I inadvertently pissed off the partner during my first few weeks by blowing the budget. I was stupid. I was working 70+ hours a week and would put down that I was working that many. The issue was that I kept on being told to bill what I worked, and by the time I figured out (on my own) that I should be billing a max of 40 hours, it was too late. Also I didn't get training when I started. I should've mentioned that earlier.

    I got coached out after not having even there for long. It's been dreadful and I've lost a lost of self-esteem. Before I left the firm, I'd gotten an offer to work as a senior with a 15% raise at a top 8 firm because the partners thought my qualifications were impressive. I turned it down because I don't want to be coached out again. I am about to start a new gig as a staff accountant 1 in industry (5% pay decrease and the hours are 9-7 minimum) but I feel down whenever I think about my situation. I'm sitting for the CPA but I'm 2 accounting classes short of obtaining licensure. Would you go back to school if you were in my shoes?

    submitted by /u/17bushelsofcorn
    [link] [comments]

    $750 Fee for QBI worksheet?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:19 PM PDT

    I just got my tax prep bill and there's a $750 line item fee for a QBI worksheet. <cue my shocked face> How is that even possible? Shouldn't it be more like <$100? I'm stunned and feeling a bit ripped off.

    What do you charge for a QBI worksheet? Thanks in advance!

    ETA: total bill is $2500

    submitted by /u/EyeOnPolitics
    [link] [comments]

    Will accounting pay off (money wise) in the long run?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 09:25 PM PDT

    I'm highly considering majoring in accounting and was wondering about the financial aspects of it.

    submitted by /u/MilkManStuff
    [link] [comments]

    For your health.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 01:12 PM PDT

    Seasonal Tax gig? Or non paid internship?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 06:43 PM PDT

    So as a non traditional (veteran) student I'm curious as to what route should I look into this upcoming tax season. I'm currently working towards my MSA (Econ undergrad) and want more accounting experience as I work my way through school. I currently have a guaranteed seasonal position to do military tax w/ H&R Block that *pays about $25 an hr but I may also have the opportunity to *intern for a small tax law firm in town. Having prepared easy-ish returns for the past couple years I'm debating if should leave n volunteer for this tax law firm or what would look better on a resume? Any real advice is appreciated. Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/CureousNOTGeorge
    [link] [comments]

    How do you guys deal with a stressful work environment?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:59 PM PDT

    It seems like majority of this sub is working or has worked in public accounting. I am curious on how you guys are dealing with mental obstacles associated with working with egotistic people in a stressful environment.

    Do a lot of PAs attend therapy sessions?

    submitted by /u/Articulateman
    [link] [comments]

    Vacation planned during upcoming Winter Internship

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 08:27 PM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    Just wanted to ask for some advice on how to go about this. So I have some offers (one big 4, and a couple regional) on the table for a winter internship (January - April). I didn't get the chance to mention to them that I have a trip planned for a week and a half during early January. Should I wait until after accepting the offer before I bring it up to HR? Or should I be upfront now hoping they will be willing to work with me to adjust my start date? I've had this trip planned for a while now so it's too late to really back out but I really want to work winter so I am conflicted.

    Any advice helps! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/prayingmantis17
    [link] [comments]

    Will a speeding ticket get my big 4 offer revoked?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 08:06 PM PDT

    I accepted a big 4 internship this past month and also got my first speeding ticket. Will they care about that when they do background checks?


    [link] [comments]

    What are the entry level jobs for someone with no accounting experience?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 08:06 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm a recent graduate in Business admin/communication.

    Long story short, I happened to not like my major field works.

    Currently working at the law firm as a legal assistant but I want to switch my career into accountant.

    I need to make money at this moment so I want to work before I do maac or even take online courses to sit for CPA.

    What would be the good entry level accounting jobs/ or any relevant jobs that i can build good experience for accounting field for someone who doesn't have accounting degree?

    Also accountant doesn't mean that they are good at math right? Some people(not in accounting field) say that i need to be good at math but I don't think so. Please let me know if i'm right or wrong regarding this as well.

    Thanks in advance! I appreciate your insight.

    submitted by /u/flsl999
    [link] [comments]

    EY Posted this on LinkedIn

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 11:52 AM PDT

    Update: Got Rejected from every big 4

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 12:52 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    In my previous post I mentioned that every big 4 firm rejected me. I was honestly seriously depressed, but today I received some news. One of the firms had extra space and gave me an offer! I'm so happy now! Anyone have advice for doing well during the internship?

    submitted by /u/qasdx
    [link] [comments]

    Odds of making it into a Big Four firm

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:30 PM PDT

    Is it likely to make it into a big four firm with a 3.3-3.5? I go to Ohio University and they do a really good job of connecting you with recruiters, but will that GPA be a problem?

    submitted by /u/juulaintcool
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring From Audit to Consulting

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:17 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I interned at one of the big four accounting firms (Deloitte) in the winter and accepted an audit position to begin next year in the fall. After learning about consulting, I seem to have shifted my interest to the consulting side of things. Is it a good idea to reach out to my recruiter to show interest in switching practices? Can this jeopardize my current offer? I am still willing to do audit, but I know I'd be happier in consulting. Also, does audit provide better exit opportunities than consulting?

    Has anyone been through this process? if so, I would love to hear your feedback.

    submitted by /u/ISeeGoodwill
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: Amazon pays zero taxes because they pay off politicians

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:09 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment