• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 4, 2019

    Update: Who is responsible for real estate agents in Georgia. My mum has a message to you all.... Real Estate

    Update: Who is responsible for real estate agents in Georgia. My mum has a message to you all.... Real Estate


    Update: Who is responsible for real estate agents in Georgia. My mum has a message to you all....

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:33 PM PDT

    (Sorry as I don't know how to update the original post or how to tag people who have reached out (if that is even a thing on Reddit)

    My mum was overwhelmed by all the support and ideas given of what we should try to do regarding her situation. We didn't think of any of that and so many people gave us new information of possible help. She wanted to say thank you and let you know she appreciates everyone's time and assistance.

    https://vimeo.com/346034841

    Password: Reddit

    (This is my second time posting this. The first time I realized there was no sound. If anything, I'm learning how to use the internet)

    submitted by /u/Caregiver4life
    [link] [comments]

    Had a large deposit ($54k) on April 4 from rents my parents collected for me (i own a bunch of rentals). Mortgage underwriting issues?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:56 AM PDT

    So basicallly I own rental properties and my parents assist and collect rents for me. They also use the funds for projects and themselves (ie a short term loan) but pay it back so not a big deal.

    Wife and I found a home and put in an offer and I started the mortgage process yesterday (July 3). I forgot about this large deposit. Will it be an issue with underwriting since it's not clear where it came from? I can only explain to them it was money lent to my parents short term and repaid.

    Edit: more details - everything else is on the up and up. Income is fine and we don't require a sales contingency on our current home since our income qualifies is to hold both mortgages at the same time, so we have time to list and sell separately.

    submitted by /u/dean078
    [link] [comments]

    Was I unprofessional in this scenario?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 07:09 AM PDT

    I get a call at about quarter to 8 in the morning from a "no caller ID" number. Now, I know one of my broker's clients, whom we're friends with, sometimes calls from a "no caller ID" number.

    So I pickup the phone and say "Hello" in a regular tone, not necessarily in a positive or negative tone. The caller says something along the lines of "I'm looking for a realtor and trying to get a hold of a realtor". In my half asleep/half awake state I say "yes" (I realize it was a poor response lol) and then the guy gets all mad and says "wow not even a professional greeting? I think I'm going to use someone else" and proceeds to hang up.

    I still have no clue who this caller was. The only thing I could think of was that he was a FSBO or expired listing that I sent letters out to a while back. If this is the case, I feel terrible I missed out on a potential listing. On the other hand, if he was that confrontational about something so simple, maybe I didn't miss out on anything good.

    What are your thoughts on this situation?

    submitted by /u/paperscan
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Interested Property Investors for the German Housing Market

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:44 AM PDT

    Dear all,

    I am in search for property investors for the acqusition of apartment buildings in Germany, focusing in the state of Saxony. I am in ownership of a trading company in Germany and would like to venture with potential investors to get into the housing market.

    If interested let me know

    Regards,

    Jonathan

    submitted by /u/GERMANCARGO
    [link] [comments]

    Real Estate Marketing Strategies to Expand Your Business

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:32 AM PDT

    This article is part of our Real Estate Business Startup Guide—a curated list of articles to help you plan, start, and grow your real estate business!

    Real complete cheat guide for real estate business grow. https://www.clavax.com/solution/real-estate-software-solutions?utm_source=reddit

    The real estate market goes through many ups and downs and is dependent on several factors such as interest rates, economic conditions, and job growth.

    Regardless of how the market behaves currently, both novices and pros can apply many strategies that can propel the business forward. This article examines some of the key strategies that can be employed to expand your real estate business.

    submitted by /u/BusinesAdvice
    [link] [comments]

    401k funds and pre approval question

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:29 AM PDT

    Should one show proof of a funded 401k in the pre approval process?? Does that count as an asset?

    submitted by /u/01Cloud01
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to do more than just dabble in the market

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:52 AM PDT

    A while back, I met someone who does real estate while also working a nursing job full time at night. She said it was great because if she sold a house or 2 here and there, it was extra money, but her life didn't depend on it. I've always loved checking out the local real estate market and have a background in project management. However I'm a little hesitant since I still drive a borderline beater vehicle because it runs. I also have a husband finishing his schooling while we raise a bouncing toddler. Is it reasonable for me to pursue this or is the market so saturated with agents that it's not worth it to make extra income?

    submitted by /u/katekeys
    [link] [comments]

    Leaving lease on 9/1 “two full calendar months” and it’s July 3rd (Minnesota)

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 08:05 PM PDT

    I live in Minnesota. I'm moving into a house with my SO and would like to move in sept 1st which is technically when my one year lease expires though it automatically renews every September. The wording on the resident leaving form states I need to give two full calendar months notice. Will they try to make me pay the month of September simply because I delivered a written letter declining to continue my lease on July 3rd?

    My roommate is also not happy I'm moving and I don't think she'd be helpful in figuring out how to prevent paying a third month of rent.

    submitted by /u/misto101
    [link] [comments]

    Who's responsibility is it to evict a tenant prior to closing?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 11:31 AM PDT

    Here is the situation (NJ): Buyer is interested in buying a 2-family house. Unit 1 is owner-occupied. Unit 2 has a month-to-month tenant. Buyer desires to have the property completely vacant at closing. Unit 1 is no problem, but the tenant in Unit 2 may be an issue. Contract is signed but attorney review is ongoing. The seller and their agent/attorney are arguing that it will be the buyer's responsibility to serve a notice to quite and evict the tenant prior to closing. This does not make sense. Shouldn't it be the seller's sole responsibility to evict the tenant if they agreed to sell the property to a buyer who wants it vacant? What is customary?

    submitted by /u/DataGL
    [link] [comments]

    Am I on the hook for any future delinquencies or foreclosure if I’m on the deed of a relative’s house but not on the mortgage?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 03:39 PM PDT

    Senior Mobile Homes

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 11:06 PM PDT

    Are mobile homes in senior parks a good investment?

    submitted by /u/PhotographerZ
    [link] [comments]

    Opinions on buying a second home, renting our current home

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 05:06 PM PDT

    We have had our home in Colorado for about two years. We're considering what it would look like to move back to California and buy a small place while renting our our current home to long-term renters.

    I would love to know the thoughts of the community on

    • how or if we can leverage our current house to do this
    • should we be worried about renting out of state
    • is it too soon? We have hardly paid down our principle on the existing home (although the appraised value has gone up).

    What questions should I be asking?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/thegreenpizza
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought a house and now I'm having buyers remorse.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 10:59 PM PDT

    I just bought a house in another town and now I'm having buyers remorse. I think I made a mistake. I'm fretting about all of the upgrades I need/want to make. I'm retired and rented for 13 years prior to buying. The area I moved from has a very high cost of living and rental market but now I don't think home ownership is for me if all I'm going to do is worry. Also I miss my old location. Has anybody else had this experience? What did you do?

    submitted by /u/hilariousnessity
    [link] [comments]

    Buyer claims his mortgage company insists he be in person at closing.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    I'm in NJ. My buyer must travel abroad for work for 2 months. He claims that his mortgage company won't let him give power of attorney to his lawyer or his realtor and that he must be there in person to sign the closing papers. He expects me to wait until he gets back to close. I've never heard of this sort of thing. Am I being lied to? Is there ever a reason that mortgage companies would do this?

    submitted by /u/fandcmom
    [link] [comments]

    Paystubs question how many??

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    Typically how many weeks worth of paystubs would a lender for proof of income??

    submitted by /u/01Cloud01
    [link] [comments]

    Update on Who is responsible for agent.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 10:49 AM PDT

    This is the case where the agent, who i now find out is a broker, gave keys to my mums house to the buyers father who gutted the house and the contract never went through.

    This is the damage that was done https://imgur.com/a/k8jodLQ

    Well turns out the compliance officer lied to us when she said they wouldn't let anyone work for them that did such a thing. She promised us Keller Williams Cityside in Atlanta, Georgia would take care of him.

    Found out today that he STILL WORKS under the Keller Williams Cityside name. A man who broke the law and I would assume broke his oath as a realtor and the company that knew what he did and acted as if they wouldn't stand by such a person has put money over morals and has allowed him to stay on.

    Meanwhile my 87 yr old mum is flying out Monday to beg a court not to put her in jail (she received an arrest citation https://imgur.com/a/89MsVT5 from Atlanta code enforcement) for all the damage done to the outside of her house by the buyers father who was given the keys and go ahead by the agent/broker from Keller Williams Cityside.

    To tell you I am overwhelmed by the pure arrogance and lack of morals shown by a bevy of people in Atlanta Georgia would be an understatement. I'm beyond broken at this point. I just don't understand how people can just move on when they've done such wrong to others who are now suffering because of it.

    I wouldn't wish this situation on my worst enemy

    submitted by /u/Caregiver4life
    [link] [comments]

    Seller wants to cancel after we already signed loan docs

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 09:32 PM PDT

    We are buying in California.

    We just signed loan docs today and received a call from our agent that the seller doesn't want to do any of our repairs and instead, wants to cancel because she feels like she is losing too much money on this transaction- she came down 5k from list price. We don't want to cancel. We told our agent nevermind about the repair requests, we just want to close. We are expected to close on Tuesday. My question is, can the seller back out even though we signed loan docs and are closing next week?

    If she cancels, can we sue her? We would be out close to 4K of earnest money and paying for inspections.

    submitted by /u/Meowteacher
    [link] [comments]

    I broke rule #1 on house shopping. I fell in love with the first one I saw... need advice.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 12:34 PM PDT

    Let me start by saying that we made a list of ~ 10 homes to view this week and ended up with only 3 because of how quickly they are selling. We are in a suburb of Columbus Ohio.

    After saving and eliminating results on various websites, we kept one specific house at #1. It doesn't need any updating cosmetically on the inside, I'm waiting to hear how old the HVAC system is. I saw the house today and it lived up to the expectation, although the back yard is pretty useless. It's next door to a park. We are going back tonight to view it with my husband.

    I went on to see 2 more scheduled houses today and 1 last minute house. The second one I saw was lovely too, but 50k more expensive. The 3rd needs too much done. The 4th was ehh.

    Would it be stupid to offer on the first house already if it turns out that everything has been updated? The yard has potential if we remove the existing porch. My realtor/father in law thinks it's a bad deal because he doesn't like the garage. He wants us to see more but we have exhausted all the houses in our range. I know that houses will show up eventually but I LOVE this house. I'm trying to remain optimistic but not be naive. Has anyone made a decision this quickly?

    The house is up for 135k. I would initially offer ~120k.

    submitted by /u/rebeccamb
    [link] [comments]

    Evict non paying tenant in missouri?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 04:10 PM PDT

    Hey guys my grandma and grandpa owned some land well I bought it off her last September. She let my uncle stay on half of it. Well I bought the other half yesterday. It was already in my name so it didnt have to do any legal documents. Well I want to evict my uncle off the land how do I go about doing it?he's in jail at the moment. And there is no agreement. He didnt pay any rent or anything. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Brandonjr36
    [link] [comments]

    PA house with Small Flow Treatment Facility septic?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 03:27 PM PDT

    Hey guys, having trouble here. House for sale in Pennsylvania we're interested in buying is getting its private septic system replaced by the seller with an SMTF (Small Flow Treatment Facility)

    Have any of you heard of this before? I am having trouble finding info on Google but it sounds like it's more complicated than a normal septic system like a drain field or sand mound.

    From the sounds of PA code it requires yearly inspection and upkeep... Sounds complicated but I don't understand.

    Do any of you have insight here? Would really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/alrashid2
    [link] [comments]

    Sell Investment Property To Purchase New Residence?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 12:52 PM PDT

    My husband and I have been going around and around about this. I hope someone with more experience and perspective can shine a light on the situation.

    Our 20-year-old rental house is paid off. We have been renting it to fabulous renters for three years @ $1100 month; they may not renew; we don't know yet. If they don't want to renew, my husband wants to sell the rental (~185k) and either put that money into paying off our current house (~ 100k) or put it into a newly built house. The area he wants for the new house to be built, oddly enough, is just a few miles away from the rental house.

    The rental house, I think, will be perfect for us in about 10 years, as it is smaller and is within walking distance of a ton of restaurants, amusements, dr.'s offices and a hospital. He, however, is currently all about having lots of space.

    Now, no issues with our current house, it's just a ways out of town; we could easily stay here. (We bought the current house in anticipation of having elderly parents living with us, but that did not happen.)

    The rental house is in pretty great shape for a house its age, but it does have its sore points: the foundation has many large cracks (thanks Beazer), but an engineer has verified that the house still sits plumb. The foundation issues don't show in the flooring or walls (floors are bamboo and tile), however, there was an issue with a part of the ceiling that was fixed. The few things the rental NEEDS soon are: a new roof, the exterior repainted, and a new air conditioner. The smaller bathroom was entirely redone three years ago. The kitchen and one bathroom could use an update, but the house is still very desirable without an update.

    My husband has never really been comfortable with renting the house out, although, a management company handles everything for us. Also, he wants to get rid of the house before we have to pay out for the aforementioned NEEDS.

    However, I say keep the rental as housing in this area, Phoenix, is just going up. If we do decide to sell later, then we will most likely make more than its current value. Also, I can see us perhaps moving back into the rental in the future. In his "give me space" mindset, he doesn't see it that way. Also, he just sees that we will need to spend more money to keep the rental, and we won't ever make that money up on rent. Also, we may end up getting bad renters if we keep it too long, again another cost that could potentially eat into whatever we could make by selling it. Lastly, he doesn't think the house will appreciate any more in value as it is already 20-years-old.

    So, what say ye? Thank you one and all for any advice you may be willing to offer.

    submitted by /u/SetOnRandom
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to get out of an unfavorable contract to purchase a home.

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:45 PM PDT

    So I have posted before about this but have an edit. The problem I have is I wasnt aware the extent of damages to certain areas and do not have the capital to fix. So I am getting a VA guaranteed loan and the appraisal came back today and there are a few issues that need to be fixed before theyll approve it. Also whats more concerning is that originally the house was listed at 2216sqft and thats the figure we based our offer on. According to the appraisal the house is only 1994sqft. So my question is do I have a leg to stand on to say I dont want to move forward with the deal.

    submitted by /u/timothyouzts
    [link] [comments]

    (WA) considering selling my rental - Do I offer it to the renter first? List on the open market and tell them to make an offer?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 12:46 PM PDT

    Obviously trying to achieve greatest income.

    My Thoughts:

    • renter could be FSBO and save some fees
    • renter could be mad if not offered to purchase
    • if renter is mad, they might be malicious (stop taking care of unit, stop yard work, stop cleaning up, etc.)

    What is the best practice here?

    submitted by /u/amzn-anderson
    [link] [comments]

    any bank/mortgage company have the lowest closing costs?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 06:38 PM PDT

    looking for options, wanting to go shopping to refi my mortgage

    submitted by /u/chopsui101
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment