• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 11, 2019

    Stock Market - ADVICE ON A STOCK YOU WANT TO INVEST IN

    Stock Market - ADVICE ON A STOCK YOU WANT TO INVEST IN


    ADVICE ON A STOCK YOU WANT TO INVEST IN

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 06:22 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I've seen this on other websites and it actually helps a lot.

    1. Comment the ticker or stock you're thinking of investing in!
    2. The community along with myself will analyze the stock
    3. We will reply with our advice on the stock

    This doesn't have to be professional advice. It should be open to everyone and even beginner investors to share their thought on the stock.

    submitted by /u/kawasakionly
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking I made $30,000 until finding out the truth...

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 12:07 AM PDT

    I was checking my investments every couple hours like I usually do until I notice no data on one of my securities (PLI:TSX Prometic Life Sciences Inc.)

    I bought 1500 shares a while back when it was $0.03 cents. From then it slowly decreased to $0.01. I am invested in much larger stocks but this was just a "if it spikes" investment. It only costed me $45. I was gonna hold it for however long even if it meant I just lost the entire investment ($45).

    On July 5th, I check numerous websites and apps to find that PLI:TSX rose to $20.00 a share. Instantly I have a mini heart attack and flip out that a $45 dollar investment just turned into $30,000.

    1500 x 20 = $30,000

    I check my bank and investment portfolio and find a portfolio value of $30,000. At this point, I couldn't believe it as it was my first major investment.

    AND IT ALL CHANGES HERE...

    I do some research to find that the company preformed a reverse split to raise the share price. This reverse split was at a 1/1000 ratio. My 1500 shares that I owned became 1.5 shares at the new share price of $20. I refresh my bank account and investment portfolio to see that the stock value was only $30.

    I want to hear your interesting investment stories! Comment them below!!

    submitted by /u/kawasakionly
    [link] [comments]

    In his testimony, Powell was his most dovish ever.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 06:45 PM PDT

    The chart below shows the Fed was the most dovish since 2017; Powell took over in February 2018.

    Dovish Powell

    The keyword in Powell's testimony was 'crosscurrents'. He stated, "Inflation has been running below the Federal Open Market Committee's (FOMC) symmetric 2 percent objective, and crosscurrents, such as trade tensions and concerns about global growth, have been weighing on economic activity and the outlook." The Fed is cutting rates in July because inflation is below its target and falling, global growth is weakening, and the trade war is creating uncertainty.

    The June Fed Minutes echoed this perspective a few hours later as it stated, "Several participants noted that a near-term cut in the target range for the federal funds rate could help cushion the effects of possible future adverse shocks to the economy." Some needed to see more data before supporting rate cuts. The weak economic surprise index suggests they might be on board with a cut now.

    How Overheated Is The Stock Market?

    submitted by /u/AlexPitti
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular opinion? Canopy Growth (CGC) only has an upside potential and people are under estimating the power of constellation.

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 10:07 AM PDT

    Recently with CGC losing their co-CEO the stock has plummeted but I really feel it is constellations investment that is going to make the company profitable. They are not willing to lose their investment into CGC. This is just the tip of the iceberg of the moves they will make to make the company more profitable. (I think the board just named a prominent employee from Constellation to CGC)

    Also the market is only going to grow. Even though it may be a few years till full potential there is only an upside. They have the best ability to enter each legalized market.

    Thoughts? Am I over estimating this stock?

    submitted by /u/BonerG8
    [link] [comments]

    Why would 2 companies have similar stock prices in the same industry and dramatically different revenue & net income?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 08:51 AM PDT

    Marajuana stocks and opportunity costs question

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 09:22 AM PDT

    So I think I bought canopy and aurora stocks just around the top of their hype and I'm down just about $100 on them. I believe they will be good stocks to hold and I dont want to buy high and sell low, but I'm considering the possibility that I'm missing out due to opportunity costs. I know you can't ever know what the market will do and which stocks will grow faster, but I just see all my other stocks doing much better and want to reinvest in what i see as more reliable companies.

    Am I being impatient? Can the marajuana industry jump again to make up for how stagnant it is at the moment relative to other industries?

    submitted by /u/shakn1212
    [link] [comments]

    Would a unionizing movement on a Reddit sub affect a stock’s price? (WMT)

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 07:49 AM PDT

    There seems to be an effort at r/walmart to unionize and somehow made it on my radar. Two questions: 1. Am I paranoid? How realistic is a Reddit sub movement to unionize? 2. Generally speaking, how has unionizing (or talk of) affected stock prices in the past?

    submitted by /u/softfarts
    [link] [comments]

    What is GOLD Telling Us About The Metals Market?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    Since this article is being addressed to longer term investors, I think you will likely appreciate the message within this write up.

    While I analyze the metals markets on many time frames, this perspective is based upon a daily chart which has months to still play out.

    But, before I move into my perspective of the market, allow me to summarize how I view the metals market in general so everyone can make the appropriate decisions for their own accounts, especially since some of you may not agree with the prism through which I view the metals. However, I can tell you that it is based upon much experience with the metals market.

    So, let me back up to the last quarter of 2015. As the market was meandering in an overlapping manner into the lows we struck, I was noting that I was buying heavily into the complex as I expected that many stocks (as well as the metals) were completing long term bottoming structures in the last quarter of 2015. And, we all know what happened in the first half of 2016. The rally in early 2016 presented me with a nice 5-wave structure off a bottoming target we set well before we struck it. And, when the market bottoms where it should, and develops a 5-wave rally, I begin to view the market with bullish glasses rather than bearish ones.

    It is for this reason that whenever the market presented us with a 3rd wave break out potential over the last 2 years, I outlined it as my primary perspective. As I have explained many times in the past, if the train is getting ready to leave the station, I want to be on it. And, although the market invalidated two break out set ups over the last 2 years, that did not discourage me.

    Moreover, I was quite clear to all those that follow my analysis to refrain from using leverage for the "set ups." Rather, I have cautioned many times about the evils of leverage until the market proves it's in the heart of a 3rd wave.
    Those that have heeded my words, and have steered clear of leveraged positions, have done quite well over the last three years. In fact, if we look at Barrick (GOLD) alone, you would see that it is up over 2X since we initially bought it back in 2015. How many major stocks do you own that have been up 2X over the last three years, even though they went sideways in a multi-year correction?

    So, now the question is what does GOLD tell me about the rest of the metals complex? Well, it tells me that I want to remain on the long side of the market. You see, while the market may provide us with more consolidation, I have no reason at this time to re-consider my long positions until I see how GOLD rallies to the next target in the 27 region. And, with GOLD at 15.85 as I write this article, that means I am expecting another 70% appreciation in this stock before I have to re-evaluate my holdings. Moreover, since my purchase was from much lower levels, my stops are now set at the 11.50 region.

    This means that GOLD is telling me that the metals complex is likely setting up for another strong run as we look towards 2020. And, ideally, I would like to see GOLD blow through that 27 region, on its way well over 38 in the coming year or two. (No, that was not a misprint).

    So, as this market sets up its next bullish move higher, I think we can sit back, set our stops, and simply let the market run and work for us in the coming months to year ahead.

    See chart illustrating the wave count on gold: https://www.elliottwavetrader.net/p/analysis/Chart-on-GOLD-What-is-GOLD-Telling-Us-About-The-Metals-Market-201907085372835.html

    submitted by /u/avigilburt
    [link] [comments]

    buying and holding over years then selling...how do I calculate capital gain

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 10:46 PM PDT

    Lets say I buy one share from Company A in 2016 for $10.00

    Later in 2017 I buy one more from Company A at $15.00

    Again in 2018 I buy one more from Company A at $20.00

    I now have 3 shares I spent $45.00 in total for.

    Now its 2019 and the shares are worth $100.00 and I want to sell one of my shares.

    Can I say I'm selling the one I bought for $20.00 so I have seen a profit of $80.00 to which I declare $40.00 capital gain? (selling another would mean using the $15.00 or $10.00 price points)

    OR

    Do I have to take the $45.00 I spent total and divide it by the 3 shares I have so $15.00 meaning I have seen a profit of $85.00 and I declare $42.50 capital gains?

    Or can I do it either way?

    Note: I live in Canada not sure if the tax law would differ.

    submitted by /u/TysonBMan
    [link] [comments]

    New here, thoughts on SGMD?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 09:24 AM PDT

    Hello, I am a bit new to investing. Is it worth putting a bit of cash into SGMD? Or do you think they are going under right now?

    submitted by /u/Tyman989
    [link] [comments]

    How are Index Funds valued?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 04:39 AM PDT

    This might be a dumb question: if regular stocks rise in price as more people demand them, are index funds also subject to investor demand? As a result, can index funds be "overvalued" or "undervalued" just as regular stocks can be?

    submitted by /u/mostlyrise
    [link] [comments]

    New investor throw it all into SP500? (Ontario, Canada)

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 03:41 AM PDT

    I've been told (by some colleagues at work) that the most effective for a newbie like myself I get into the trading world with little knowledge would be to purchase something like a Vanguard SP500 ETF and just leave it there. Guaranteed results and I won't need to have extensive stock market knowledge.

    Is this true? If not what would you recommend ($3500 to invest currently for short term ~1yr)

    submitted by /u/ebi1998
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have any videos about how the Stock Market works that are aimed at people not wanting to invest but rather learn?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 08:56 PM PDT

    Hello, I am looking to learn about the Stock Market. I am looking for videos that are aimed at people NOT wanting to invest but just rather understand how the market works and different trends among it. I am doing a self-study of how the economy works and the stock market is one of the few things I am not perfectly in tune with. I was wondering if anyone knows any videos about the stock market aimed at people not wanting to invest but just rather understand how the market works. The more in-depth the better!

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/JustAnotherWanker69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment