• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 11, 2019

    Got my 1st client today! small business

    Got my 1st client today! small business


    Got my 1st client today!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 02:36 PM PDT

    I signed my first paying client today! I'm super excited and wanted to share with someone.

    I'm starting a small financial coaching business working with individuals to get a handle on their money and I'm really looking forward to the journey ahead.

    Any other consultants out there have any advice about landing clients? I'm still not used to being in the selling mindset.

    submitted by /u/withtheflw
    [link] [comments]

    What does leadership mean to you?

    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 03:51 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!,

    I come from a large business and would like to compare/contrast what leadership means for people at smaller business. Please, don't be rude. I'd like to write an article about the topic.

    Your thoughts are very much appreciated!

    ~ Blue Unicorn

    submitted by /u/blue_unicorn-pr
    [link] [comments]

    Just started an IT services company, figuring out a way to find clients!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 11:45 PM PDT

    Hi there everyone!

    So I just started my Software company, gathered a super competent technical team who is able to work on diversified projects like Web development, Mobile app development, Web and App designs, Business Analytics and SEO.

    Now the real challenge is to FIND the right clients who are willing to pay for these services. Can you guys help me out in understanding this market as I am a noob and just started. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks :)

    Edit: Software instead of IT

    submitted by /u/GraphicApp
    [link] [comments]

    Getting First Customers as small NYC Cleaning Business

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 08:22 PM PDT

    After reading a lot of Sweaty Startup style posts, and seeing how disorganized the competition seemed, I decided to start a small cleaning business. Right now I have a Thumbtack account (I'm considering Groupon but I can't offer significant discounts and they take so much as a fee...) but I haven't gotten any responses.

    I feel like a lot of traditional things like flyers don't seem accessible in NYC. I also work full time (and don't really know people who live in NYC and need a cleaner) so It's hard to do high-time investment activities.

    I do make enough from my day job that I can invest money into the business, but if I put say $500 dollars a month into a Google Adwords campaign it would be all the money I could afford to save.

    Thanks in advance for your advice!

    submitted by /u/QuixoticValentine
    [link] [comments]

    Want to start an event space where artists/creatives can hold classes—where to even begin

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 09:18 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    This is rather nerve wracking to write since it's my first go at a Reddit post, but this community seems very helpful and knowledgeable, so I hope the fact that I'm in the very, VERY beginning stages is not too unwelcome.

    As stated in post title, I have been focusing on my life goal for the past few years and decided that my dream is to open an event space/venue where creatives can host events. A few more details on why this is unique/what I want to do: I've worked in the bar/restaurant/hospitality industry for a dozen years, in five different states, and not to sound like I've been practicing job interview answers but the reason I've stuck in it so long is because of the people. Not just the coworkers, but all of the interesting regulars and travelers who have various talents (particularly niche talents) who don't necessarily have an outlet to express it. By "niche talents" I mean things like more alternative art skills such as calligraphy or chalk art, more life skills sort of knowledge like financial planning or how to do your taxes, how to compost or how to make kombucha. Or even some fun ones for a group of friends to attend, like cocktail classes or how to make your own face masks. So, a few questions if I may:

    1. What would you call this sort of business? It is really hard for me to do my own research and development because every time I research "opening an event space" it is mainly for wedding venues, every time I research "opening a venue" it is mainly for (exclusively) music and every time I research "hosting workshops" it's for very specific companies.

    2. What is the first step to begin the process of doing something like this?

    Thank you so much in advance, even just for reading!

    submitted by /u/MosaicBlue
    [link] [comments]

    I’m planning on selling balloon animals at my local park, any tips

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    So I was at the store to look for video games but didn't have enough to buy the ones I wanted. By sheer luck, I happened to pass by a "make your own balloon animals" set. I instantly got the idea to sell these at my local park, which many of the toddlers go to. I am very nervous and don't have an idea on how to get people to buy my things. Can you guys help me out??

    submitted by /u/JavaComics
    [link] [comments]

    Does SEO matter much in a saturated market?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 07:50 PM PDT

    It's pretty well known that most people usually only check the first couple of entries that show up on Google and it's not that common to even go to the 2nd page of results at all. The specific market I'm referring to is tourism. If I search for "Paris Tours" or "Pyramids of Egypt Adventure", there's going to be a ocean to wade through. The big companies rule the majority if not all of those top results. Instead of pouring money into SEO, doesn't it make more sense to redirect those funds to other areas of digital marketing? To be clear, I'm not doubting the power of SEO. I just think that for this industry, it might not work as well. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/captainronsnephew
    [link] [comments]

    Opening Ice Cream Shop

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 05:18 AM PDT

    There is a lease that will be opening in a popular downtown area near me in 2 years. It is a walk-able area with high foot traffic in a suburban neighborhood. I will be able to put a letter of intent in now for that property to reserve my spot.

    I'm thinking about opening up an Ice Cream shop in that spot. It is a 2000 sq ft new build, surrounded by restaurants, an amphitheater, and much more community based businesses.

    Since I have two years, at the minimum, until this would open, I have time to learn a lot about the ice cream business and do extensive research before I would actually open.

    Does anyone in this field have an advice, experience, or expertise? I'm curious to know what type of equipment I may need, what potential buildouts may cost, etc.

    I'll be funding some of this on my own, but using friends/family investors as well as business loans to fund this.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/Gr00bs
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a good idea to find clients and book them all a month later before I even start a cleaning company?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 06:25 PM PDT

    This way I know the demand and I can hire people in advance. I never want to do the actual cleaning as that would just be a job and not actually owning a business. However, is this possible or extremely risky? I have taken into account that a month later may be way too long and by then I'm sure some will have flaked out. Is there a better idea to this?

    submitted by /u/trev3795
    [link] [comments]

    Best website bio interview questions?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    I will be creating bio videos for our website to introduce my teammates (therapists) in the mental health industry. What questions should I ask to help tell the best story of WHO they are and WHAT out business is all about?

    submitted by /u/MrLetter13
    [link] [comments]

    Anything I can do to get more clients In a salon/spa?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 06:17 PM PDT

    I work as an esthetician in a salon so I do facials, makeup, waxing, eyelashes, lash lifts and brow and lash tinting.

    Ive been there almost going on a year working only part time 3 days a week and I can't seem to get a consistent amount of clients. One week I'll get as much as 6 clients which is actually good for me and then the next week I'll get 1-2 clients and it sucks because I can't make a living off this few clients. I don't know what else I can do to get more clients? Any tips and tricks? I've already done Facebook and Instagram ads, added a bunch of people that I know are in the area on Instagram, did discounts, specials, I don't know what else I can do to get more people and keep them as repeat customers. Help!

    submitted by /u/MakeupMua16
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook Ad Advice

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 05:58 PM PDT

    I've been working as Chief Growth Officer over the last 10 years at a Marketing Agency. Recently, the owner announced he sold the company. I signed a non-disclosure agreement employment contract. I cannot use any prior work - completed while working at this company - as case study. Since I cannot use my prior work, I would like to share these helpful tips to business owners to bring you more success when using Facebook Ads.

    If you have tried running your Facebook Ads yourself you've probably figured out the hard way that simply boosting Facebook Posts blindly does not work.

    When your first start using Facebook Ads I suggest doing proper testing
    - Week 1: Testing ad types, such as video, image and carousel. - Week 2: Testing images. - Week 3: Testing message/copy. - Week 4: Optional: Advanced Testing

    After you have conducted enough testing you now should have enough data to measure and improve!

    Take a look at your data: - Last Month vs Last 2 Weeks - Check Audiences in each demographic that are getting a better: - Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) - Click-thru Rate (CTR) - Cost per Lead (CPL) - Cost per Acquisition (CPA) - Then check all the above but for lower performing audiences. - Define the ideal time of day that your audience responds better to.

    If you measure and improve your data you will: - Eliminate wasteful spending - See a boost in performance - See a higher Return on Investment (ROI) - Get better results - Hit your Marketing Goals

    Hope this helps you take the guesswork out of your Facebook Ads.

    submitted by /u/thnkyou4yourhelp
    [link] [comments]

    Best sites to find local businesses for sale

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 05:34 PM PDT

    I'm interested in finding local small businesses for sale... any recommendations on best way to find those hidden gems.

    submitted by /u/curryandlox
    [link] [comments]

    What are some good reads on wholesale volume selling tactics for clothing?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 05:20 PM PDT

    As in, how to sell more volume, pricing strategies, how to sell 10 if customer wants only 6 (as in example..etc...

    thank you in advance,

    submitted by /u/followmoneythrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    Inherit business: take over or sell

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 06:29 AM PDT

    Hi guys, my grandfather wants me to overtake his business which operates in a market I can not really relate with. It is very traditional in a rather small B2B market. Since his business is the market leader he basically works with all the major customers, so there is not a lot of growing potential in this exact market.

    I am now unsure whether I should overtake the business (and maybe try to expand it some more), which would generate me a personal income of around € 5,000 per month (before individual taxes, however, after corporate taxes). Since I am 23 years old that is a great income.

    Otherwise, I could sell the company. The theoretical value lies around 1,5 million euros - of course I don't know whether someone would be willing to pay this amount. I could use this money to start a company in a market that's really interesting to me.

    Currently I believe the best idea would be to start working on this company for a few years and see whether I could find enough interest to run the company or not.

    submitted by /u/entrepreneurship1
    [link] [comments]

    Do you back up the data in your cloud apps?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 12:25 PM PDT

    Most cloud apps (Shopify, Zendesk, Mailchimp, Klayvio, Quickbooks, Asana, etc.) don't provide backup and restore capabilities. So if the vendor's app goes down for a few hours, or simply if you or your team member makes mistakes with the data, there's no option to get at your data or rollback to a previous version unless you made a manual backup.

    On another forum one poster suggested that depending on your business operations, it's often best practice to manually back up all apps that are important to you. I haven't done that in the past.

    I'm wondering then, do you routinely back up the data on your cloud apps? If so, which apps do you take the time to back up?

    submitted by /u/thompson321
    [link] [comments]

    Is it ok to use a slightly different business name other than my LLC name?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 03:54 PM PDT

    Let's say that I own an LLC named Bob's Auto Parts and Service, LLC and I'd rather have my business logo, social, domains, etc be named Bob's Auto Parts. I'm assuming this is ok to do as long as there's a disclaimer somewhere on my documents that says something like "Bob's Auto Parts is owned and operated by Bob's Auto Parts and Service, LLC."

    Is this ok to do?

    submitted by /u/dmcgrew
    [link] [comments]

    Solo 401k contributions

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 03:45 PM PDT

    I own an S-Corp and filed for an extension with the IRS. I understand that I have until September to contribute the employee contribution for my Solo 401k which was set up in 2018.

    My question is: does the contribution need to be made before I file my tax return? I am fairly certain that I can file and then contribute up to the extension date, but I want to be 100% certain.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sharlysangels
    [link] [comments]

    Troubles starting a snow removal business?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 03:28 PM PDT

    I will be helping a friend startup a snow removal business this fall. What were some troubles you encounter in the first season?

    submitted by /u/viticusventures
    [link] [comments]

    Web Hosting Service Do you Prefer?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 03:23 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    I am in the middle of creating a new website (I hope I can ask this here) and was wondering which hosting service provider do you prefer and why?

    I have other sites using ipage and WordPress which is fine but just venturing out to see if anything is better etc?

    It will be a future content marketing website using WordPress.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Financial_Freedom_En
    [link] [comments]

    Where and how do most small businesses handle IT support. Google and hope?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 11:26 AM PDT

    Hiring for email customer response

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 02:59 PM PDT

    Our capacity to promptly respond to emails has outgrown our small team. We use zendesk but I'm wondering how I learn how to hire some email customer support and manage that with someone new to the business. Any advice or experience to share? What is the going rate of pay?

    submitted by /u/daringlydear
    [link] [comments]

    Does an S-Corp shareholder have to be an employee?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2019 02:14 PM PDT

    We have three owners and one of the owners wants to get a 1099 at the end of the year. I think the only way to do that is to remove him as an employee and then we just write salary checks to him as a contract worker. Does anyone know if we're allowed to do this? Or if he's required to be an employee in order to take distributions?

    submitted by /u/failurewithlemon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment