• Breaking News

    Friday, July 5, 2019

    Employee with brain issues follow up small business

    Employee with brain issues follow up small business


    Employee with brain issues follow up

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 06:11 AM PDT

    A few weeks ago I posted about an employee who has definitely had some sort of brain activity issue. Ranging from seeming in a fog, getting lost, stuttering and a few other things. He is a 10 year employee and was a great employee up until this all happened. So we put him on a paid leave for a month and now he is going on short term disability for three months. I have paid and will continue to pay his healthcare cost through the end of his short term. Now the question is when he runs out of short term he clearly will not be able to return to work as it looks like some sort of dementia, when his short term disability is over he'll be within 45 days of taking early 62 social security what can he do for healthcare. As far as the company goes I have replaced him internally and his 45 hours per week is being done by someone else in 28 or less hours per week. Thanks for all the help on the original post everyone!

    submitted by /u/Coffeeman1901
    [link] [comments]

    Eventzilla - All-in-One Event Management Software

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:53 AM PDT

    With Eventzilla's powerful & integrated software, you can automate event marketing, registration, attendee communications, check-ins, reporting, & more.

    Features

    Create Beautiful Event Pages in minutes.

    Promote and Sell tickets to your event with ease.

    No fees for free events.

    Over 1,000 Integrations.

    Pay-as-you-go and Custom Pricing options available.

    Onsite Check-In Apps, 24/7 Support, Mobile Apps For Events, E-Mail Marketing & much more.

    Perfect for - Conferences, Fundraisers, Classes, Festivals, Parties, Concerts, Sports, Networking and more.

    Signup for free now: https://www.eventzilla.net/us/home

    Toll-Free: +1-888-817-2837

    Got a Question: [help@eventzilla.net](mailto:help@eventzilla.net)

    submitted by /u/Eventzilla
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook or Website for my first business?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 03:02 AM PDT

    I'm going to be opening a business pretty soon and in two minds if I need a webpage from the start or not. The kind of business is in the entertainment/fun kind of sector, so I don't think I'll be as reliant on reviews as say a services business may be. I really wanted to push most of my advertising on Facebook for the first few months and over time open a webpage.

    Reasons for holding of on a website is due to me having no real experience in launching one and would need to get a web designer on board and use their services to get it going which is an expense I won't have at the start. Is it vital and more worth while to spend this money at the start and just get the webpage or can I still be successful without one for possible 6-12 months and then aim towards a website?

    Edit: should make clear I don't think it's one or the other, ideally I want both to start but couldn't afford to market and advertise them both.

    submitted by /u/Jg0jg0
    [link] [comments]

    Help on finding prospects?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 01:46 AM PDT

    Hello there!
    I'm struggling to find new potential clients that may need my services.
    I was suggested to send cold emails to random businesses from YP but I'm sure there must be a better way to go without annoying random businesses. I'm a Logo designer, I have a website and a portfolio to show, but where could I find people in need? Thank you all in advance :)

    submitted by /u/StephanyEas
    [link] [comments]

    New video is out! Learn a very basic strategy on how to make money with domain names + find out my 4 domain names!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:50 PM PDT

    Startup business planning to ship a refrigerated food product, direct to consumers, but I need some advice!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:41 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I've gotten price quotes for what it would cost to ship my product domestically via UPS or FedEx, and it is so expensive! How do other ready-to-eat meal prep companies offer free shipping?!

    Small businesses that ship multiple packages at a time do get discounts, right? Does anyone have any insight into this? Ideally, I want to know what the best shipping option is for my refrigerated food product.

    In short, the products will have to be shipped cold, if not frozen, so I'm trying to figure out the most economical way to ship them. Shipping CANNOT be more than two-three days.

    What carriers (with affordable options) do you recommend? Or should I look into 3PL (Third Party Logistics) companies and outsource the whole shipping and handling?

    Please let me know if you have any experience with this!

    submitted by /u/onlymelissajade
    [link] [comments]

    Who bears frontage renovation costs?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:34 PM PDT

    Hi /r/smallbusiness,

    I have been working with the zoning board to get an exception for my property approved to open a wedding venue in Maryland. My property is located directly on a 4 lane highway with a posted speed limit of 55 mph. From what I can find, it appears that I will be required to request that the State Highway Administration install an acceleration/deceleration lane entering into my property in order to accommodate the traffic on wedding days.

    What I can't find is who bears the cost of that change to the roadway. I believe it will likely just be a matter of repainting 1000' of lines on the road so people can slow down in what is now the breakdown lane, but it may come out to require much larger scale work if it is even approved at all.

    If anyone has any experience starting a business that has required work to be done to a major road (especially in Maryland), could you point me in a direction of any resources you have access to? Trying to figure as much of this out before committing to an engineer so I don't end up sinking costs into a concept plan that will get shot down.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mspahr4
    [link] [comments]

    Contractor

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:43 PM PDT

    Hey been reading the good advice here and have a question to small business owner. It goes like this as a contractor who is working for myself how does one deal with customers who refuse to pay after the service has been done.

    submitted by /u/VIGILANCE981
    [link] [comments]

    General Things to Consider for Starting a Business

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:26 PM PDT

    I'm a college student - about to go into my second year. For a bit of context, I'm studying game design, and would hope to one day start up my own little company that would hopefully be big enough to branch out to things beyond games.

    I still have a few years until graduation, and would most likely work for a few years to save up, but for the people on this subreddit, I'd like to hear what you think would be really important in starting up a small business like that, so I can consider them going forward so that I'm prepared when the day comes that I want to start something.

    submitted by /u/Shadowchaos1010
    [link] [comments]

    I’m looking to sell my business. I just had a few questions before hiring a broker.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:17 PM PDT

    I own an independent comic book store and I'm looking to sell it soon. I've spoken to a business broker, but I haven't signed a contract with the broker yet.

    I have a small friendly relationship with an other, bigger comic book store chain. I wanted to email them and a sort of informal offer for my business to them, before signing with a broker and making a selling memo. I'm not going to give them numbers just a letter essentially saying "Hey, I'm going to be selling if you're interested."

    The question is, is this a good idea to message them now or should I wait to sign with a broker and send them a selling memo first?

    The reason I'm deciding back and forth is because I think it'd be easy to sell the shop and run with the money. But I'd rest easier knowing that this other shop would run it (I'm not telling them they're my first pick.) I'd honestly trust them better than any other businesses to take over.

    Thoughts? Advice?

    submitted by /u/DowntownDilemma
    [link] [comments]

    Any veteran business owners go through "boots to business" program?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:57 PM PDT

    Like the title says, just wondering if anyone has been through it. Was it worth it, did you learn a lot? My class starts at 9 am, what time can I expect to be finished? Any other info you can think of would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/janes-adictionary
    [link] [comments]

    What are the two problems that you're facing in growing your business from a small business to a big one? Let's help each other out.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:36 PM PDT

    Setting up an Investment holdings company in UT. Government website is asking for my registered agents FEIN, which is private info. Not sure what to do.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:13 PM PDT

    I paid for a registered agent in Utah, but in order to add them, I need their entity number and EIN. They didn't give me the latter. I called my registered yesterday, and they gave me their entity number thinking I was confused. I didn't need to do this when a set up an LLC in NJ. I HATE GOVERNMENT WEBSITES AND BUREAUCRACY. Can someone give me some advice?

    submitted by /u/sampassey01
    [link] [comments]

    What should I expect when I meet with a potential investor for my small business (farm)?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:07 PM PDT

    Hello! My partner (32m) and I (30f) are in are second year farming (on leased land) and met with a money guy a week ago to talk about interest in investing in us and our farm. The initial meeting went well and was a casual conversation about our vision for an organic farm. We are in a great location where local organic produce is in demand. Because we have little to no capital we have been on a tight budget that covers seed, equipment, marketing ( home arts and crafts, and whatever else we need to grow great produce. This is my first time meeting with a serious investor with lots of money and I have no formal training or schooling when it comes to business. If you have any advise, tips, do's and dont's for us we would greatly appreciate it! Wish us luck!

    submitted by /u/alower1
    [link] [comments]

    False Review from Disgruntled Employee, Now what?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    Got a false review from disgruntled employee who was released/dismissed on day 4 of working. HR Department said the situation was handled IAW employer laws. The person basically left on bad terms on their part (slandering owner to customers).

    We flagged the review for the search engine and responded with:

    "This person is a previous disgruntled employee, and this review is a conflict of interest per (Search Engine) review guidelines. Customers who mention the name, "______" (Previous employer first name as listed on search engine review) will get a 20% discount until this review is removed."

    Saw the good in a situation that was negative, but just waiting for our reviews to be adjusted. Ever had this happen? How long does Google take to remove it? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/DarkJester89
    [link] [comments]

    evidence based decisions? monitoring KPI's?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:01 PM PDT

    Does anyone know about the topic of data based decisions? gather things like secondary + primary research, internal data to create a decision?

    Also on the topics of kpi, how to create and monitor the right kpi's that are inline with the goal?

    submitted by /u/ShoemakingHobbyist
    [link] [comments]

    Travel Agency in Argentina. Need advice on technologies

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:17 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm part owner of a small travel agency in Argentina. On the last few days, I've been reading and taking notes of the technologies (Such as SalesForce) you mention in the comments/posts.

    Sadly, in my country, small business don't even know about the existence of such tools, nor what the market has to offer.

    Because of this, it'd be really helpful to know what kind of solutions you use on your daily basis, or if you could give me any sort of recomendation on this subject.

    Im currently talking to some sales rep from Sales Force, and we will probably start using it as a CRM, but that's it.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/facudom
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a BNB/Alpaca Ranch

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:12 AM PDT

    Tomorrow, my spouse and I are going to look at 5.6 acres that currently houses a BNB and a functioning alpaca ranch. We've only seen the property online, so it's difficult to tell if it will work for us. I'm quite new to this, so my question in – if we go and love it, where do we begin? I'm assuming we will need to consult with someone to look at their financial books/occupancy rate, etc. Would we use a realtor or a lawyer? Also, the owner told us to "make an offer" without any ballpark. How would I be able to do that? I want to ask the right questions when we meet as well, so any help is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/mmcfarland483
    [link] [comments]

    Creating a blog

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:04 AM PDT

    I want to start a blog but I have no background in web development and the last time I started a website (once with WP and once with wix) they didn't look as good as I wanted so this time I would like to pay someone to create the site for me... This would be a simple blog without a lot of frills

    My question is does anyone have a recommendation for someone who can create a simple website without costing an arm and a leg but still doing a decent job? I fear with fiverr or something I will get someone who has about the same amount of experience as I do and the website won't look good. On the other hand I don't want to pay thousands to an agency.

    PS the blogs will be hosted on domains I already purchased (so I don't want to use like WordPress.com).

    submitted by /u/OWbeginner
    [link] [comments]

    Small Security Camera

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 08:18 AM PDT

    Can anyone recommend a small video recover/camera that records continuously? We need it for security.

    submitted by /u/liveoakenforest
    [link] [comments]

    How do I market as a grass cutting company?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 08:01 AM PDT

    My Flyers are available, website is up, and google listing. Do I just leave my flyer at every door? or do I go knock and introduce myself? The market I would like to target are homes in a very rich neighborhood, meaning massive lawns. I am expecting at least $100 per cut, thoughts on how to market myself? as well as how to adequately price my service ? And how do I approach a customer with a quote, but also signaling that I am leaving room for negotiation if the price isn't right?

    Thanks in Advance

    submitted by /u/FederalAcadia3
    [link] [comments]

    Market Research Study for Small Business Owners [UK BASED ONLY]

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:15 AM PDT

    Company that I work for (Field Scope International) is currently conducting a study on topic of Groupons and Discounts.
    We are looking to recruit Small business owners and people in charge of marketing investments to take a part in this study. Participants need to be UK based, preferably outside of London.

    Methodology: Online Community

    Date: 15th - 21st July 2019

    Time: total of 90 minutes

    Duration: 3 days of activities - 30 minutes each day

    Incentive: £150.00 (BACS or Amazon voucher - whichever you prefer)

    Should you be willing to assist with the research study, please register using the link below:

    https://projects.fieldscopeint.com/groupon-study/

    submitted by /u/stoncic31
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment