• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 4, 2019

    Accounting This is what the lady accountant means all along

    Accounting This is what the lady accountant means all along


    This is what the lady accountant means all along

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:55 AM PDT

    I'm a janitor at the B4 and I just had to clean up the biggest mess in an office room.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:24 PM PDT

    Do y'all know about this?

    submitted by /u/LIFOsuction44
    [link] [comments]

    When it’s summer and you want to party with friends, but you have to study for the CPA

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:00 AM PDT

    MRW I scroll though r/accounting after not checking it all day

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:37 PM PDT

    I am a client who witnessed a partner witness a manager jerking off in the office we allow him to use for work purposes

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:58 PM PDT

    What is this world coming to?

    submitted by /u/whose__side
    [link] [comments]

    Walked in on a Manager Jerking Off at Work

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 06:46 AM PDT

    I went and told HR about it straight away, but I just can't get the image out of my head.

    Him. His ding-a-ling. His 10-key.

    The only thing that surprised me more than him jerking off was that he had an office. What the hell is up with that?!

    submitted by /u/Bluebloques
    [link] [comments]

    You gotta admire their optimism.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:56 AM PDT

    Happy 4th folks. Thankful to live in one of the few countries where entry-level B4 salaries are actually decent.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:55 AM PDT

    I will take "Reasons why I hate McGraw Hill" for $200, Alex.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:49 AM PDT

    I’ve created a monster

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:17 PM PDT

    Hey ya'll glad I could brighten your day with my original jacking off troll post, but now I feel things have maybe gotten a little out of hand (no pun intended). I think I've created a monster.

    submitted by /u/loanbonehead
    [link] [comments]

    How much do managers make?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    I'm a hacker who installed spyware on some schmuck's laptop. Anyways, yesterday I caught him whacking it through his webcam so I recorded it and I'm gonna blackmail him. Apparently he's a manager with his own office, anyone know how much someone like him makes?

    submitted by /u/baybaynotbahbah
    [link] [comments]

    I'm an AP temp and my manager asked me if I could figure out how to sort the last 6 months of the AP Outlook inbox to show how many emails each vendor has sent us. I'm not sure how I could do this. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:00 PM PDT

    I'm still not entirely sure what my manager wants to see, but I think what he wants to see at the very least is a breakdown of the vendors that have sent us the most emails in the last 6 months. I just have no idea how to pull that data and visualize it for him. I tried exporting the inbox into Excel, but it wasn't super helpful. Any advice on how to do this, or could anyone point me to a forum better suited to answer this?

    submitted by /u/bloo_regard
    [link] [comments]

    This is what your interns are really doing

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:57 AM PDT

    trying to find my biological father?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    he was a manager at the big 4 who ejaculated me in his office, somehow impregnating an intern

    any idea how I can find this man

    submitted by /u/Difficult_Comb
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys HR here, this a notice to all staff that office rooms are used for work purpose and client meetings only. Friendly reminder to keep at home activities at home.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:50 PM PDT

    [CAN] CPA Core 1 thread July 4th, 2019

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:48 AM PDT

    How did everyone find it? The case was relatively simple but the MCQ was tricky as expected.

    submitted by /u/BlueDynasty
    [link] [comments]

    Accountants of Reddit, do you part take in over work meals at the restaurant?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:27 PM PDT

    Context: after I finish my job, I walk from downtown Toronto to Eaton Centre (Dundas station is my preferred station) and what boggles me the most is the amount of people in restaurants and bars around downtown after work. C'mon aren't you tried??? It always amazes me how many people in accounting and finance work in downtown and how many of them part take in out of work activities. I am missing out on something? I thought people leave to catch time with their family and what not.

    submitted by /u/Heightx
    [link] [comments]

    [CAN] CFE Technical Notes and Cases

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:17 PM PDT

    Is anyone interested in some technical notes and additional cases for the CFE prep? Send me a direct message if interested.

    submitted by /u/asiancpa23
    [link] [comments]

    Piecemeal Opinions

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:57 PM PDT

    Union Formation in the Accounting Industry

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 07:51 PM PDT

    Why is union formation in the accounting industry and other professional services so rare? What barriers or obstacles exist that are unique to this industry?

    Also, do you think that unions could effectively solve some of the common complaints for industry workers (ie long hours)?

    submitted by /u/easyj86
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone writing Sept 2019 CFE a second time and need a study partner?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:34 PM PDT

    Please message me here. I am in the downtown Toronto area.

    submitted by /u/cvee21
    [link] [comments]

    How does the switch to IFRS 16 LEASES make reporting more transparent?? What was the purpose of the switch?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:41 PM PDT

    Wearing Body Cams In The Office, Advice Please?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    Using alternate account.

    I'm a little spooked, not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'll give it a go. Our department is segmented into several teams of 5 coworkers, give or take. Maybe a year ago, we had a new female hire. I had pretty much no interactions with this person, different team. About 7 months ago, some drama broke out around the office after the new hire (of about 5 months) apparently went to HR to accuse her team's Senior of persistent, unwanted sexual advances.

    That was good gossip for a while. It could have been true. I don't know that Senior all that well but he's mid-40s and she's probably late 20s. It's possible.

    They ended up changing some of the cubicle layouts and shifting New Hire to a different team (not mine still), but same lunch break. It seems like that's all that changed?

    About a week and a half ago, she accused a male (a good buddy of mine for 4 years easy) of a "grope" and now HR's making the rounds and it's turned into a bunch of nonsense. I know this guy VERY well. There's absolutely no chance. Zero. They've let someone evil into the god damn workplace.

    Today, with all of this going on, she tried to sit down across from me during lunch period and strike up a lame ass, small talk conversation. I noped right out and just got out of there.

    Today was the first time I've had any communication with this person, and it was weird the way it occurred. I'm a little nervous.

    A concealable body cam "appears" to be dark grayish area in company policy.

    I would like to start wearing one, as I'm not about to have my name plastered on the news with some goofy accusation down the road.

    Anyone have any experience with these? Budget $1-$500. In a perfect world, I'd like something small, not obvious, solid battery life, doesn't require a ton of fidgeting every day to get up and running, wi-fi enabled that can back up videos to the cloud.

    Anyone? I'm seeking an Amazon link to order a camera suitable for this purpose if possible.

    submitted by /u/china150mil2reddit
    [link] [comments]

    Core 1 post exam discussion

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 03:00 PM PDT

    How do you all think it went?

    I wrote in Calgary and found it pretty easy. Case was easy and mcq were ok

    submitted by /u/capsfan99
    [link] [comments]

    Career Advice-Maybe it’s not for me?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 04:17 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm looking for career advice. I have been unemployed for 4 months and still cannot land a job. I'd received interviews, but no offers. I quit my job due to anger issues, HR had to talk to me, it was very bad. I worked in the billing department, do you think I could land an entry level accountant job?

    I'm almost done with my business classes and will finish up this year. I plan on studying for the CPA in Aug and take it next summer. I got a bachelors in science so I'm switching industries because I wanted a stable job and better pay.

    I have a health condition that is causing me depression and it's hard to be motivated in studying. I get easily tired but I really want to get the CPA to have a better career. At this point, I need a full time job just to pay the bills but cannot get any offers. I know I need to work on my interviewing skills. I also considered low pay if needed. It's just so competitive in my area.

    I'm 30, quiet and not confident. I really have not had any success so far in my life. I really want to grow professionally and personally. My family does not respect me and I don't have a lot of friends. I want to achieve so much but I think maybe this accounting is not for me because of a bad experience in my previous employer. Some days I say to myself I need to do this because it's my last chance and I'm getting old.

    Can someone review my resume? Please direct message me and I can send my resume for review.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Murky_Sense
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment