• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 6, 2019

    Accounting My inbox has emails from our B4 auditors on the 4th, Friday, and today (Sat). Don't know how you guys tolerate it.

    Accounting My inbox has emails from our B4 auditors on the 4th, Friday, and today (Sat). Don't know how you guys tolerate it.


    My inbox has emails from our B4 auditors on the 4th, Friday, and today (Sat). Don't know how you guys tolerate it.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 04:10 PM PDT

    Stock up on the caffeine my friends!

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:41 PM PDT

    Company Adopts 2 Office Kittens, Debit And Credit, To Boost Employee Morale

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 05:21 AM PDT

    I never expected accounting firms to be so social and I'm finding it hard to keep up with everyone.

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 08:01 PM PDT

    I have somewhat manageable depression and anxiety but it makes me reclusive and tired all the time. I can put on enough of a professional act but anything more social just makes me want to cry. I feel like I can't fit in with the rest of my co-workers because of this. All I want to do is do my work and go home.

    Is anyone else in a similar situation and if so, how do you guys deal with it? Preferably without drugs. I just don't want everyone to think poorly of me but I just don't have the energy to be "fun".

    submitted by /u/LF1careerPST
    [link] [comments]

    So here’s the graph paper Timex, can we petition for a spreadsheet version as well? ��

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 08:17 PM PDT

    Is it advised to use "reconciliation" over "cross-checking" on my resume, since it is a popular buzzword for accounting?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 06:15 PM PDT

    Cross-checking and reconciliation means the same thing? I do know that reconciliation is a very sought after accounting buzzword.

    submitted by /u/Elementalbright
    [link] [comments]

    CPA considering leaving accounting

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 12:03 PM PDT

    All the offerings on Indeed just look miserable. Has anyone ever left accounting after getting your CPA? What field did you go to?

    submitted by /u/living_a_lie_222
    [link] [comments]

    The team I did SLP with had 3 staff quit around the same time, did I just dodge a bullet? Lol

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 08:38 PM PDT

    I've talked to all of them, 2 seniors and 1 associate, nice and talented individuals, only to see them quit the firm on Linkedin after a month lol

    submitted by /u/pikeguy98
    [link] [comments]

    In B4. People aren’t friendly. Is it simply due to the hypercompetitiveness?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 12:56 PM PDT

    Anyone here play any MMORPGs?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 02:21 PM PDT

    I was thinking of playing FF XIV: Shadow Bringers because I have heard the expansion is really good.

    submitted by /u/Elementalbright
    [link] [comments]

    Lunch as an Intern

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 10:25 AM PDT

    I have been interning at a Big 4 company for awhile now this summer and something I have noticed is that I am always going out for lunch either with the staff I am working with or the manager as a team. I have brought my lunch maybe twice and have given up since my lunch becomes untouched and we go out to eat. Is this normal to go out this much and how does one stay "healthy" considering going out to eat every single day?

    submitted by /u/emleexd
    [link] [comments]

    What are differences between federal, local, and state ?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 07:12 PM PDT

    I'm planning to land on government accountant position after graduate, but these confuse me. I am not a greedy guy. Very medicore. What are pros ane cons of them? And hours ? Salary? How hard to get into? Is CPA required ? Stress levels ? Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/antichrome69
    [link] [comments]

    Why the partner track?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 06:48 AM PDT

    New to Reddit. Please excuse any lack of etiquette.

    I am in public accounting at a large multinational firm. It seems like there are two camps: Those who want to make senior and go private, and those that want to make partner. Going private doesn't really seem appealing to me at this point, but I am not sure why I would want to make partner either. Does anyone know what its like to be a partner? How much they make (2nd tier, not big4), What their days are like, What kind of hours they work, or any general information that would be helpful? Thank you all!

    submitted by /u/mmirando2019
    [link] [comments]

    What are all the excel shortcuts/hotkeys I should know to be the best I can?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 10:43 AM PDT

    Thanks guys I really appreciate it. I'm trying to compile a list and then practice these shortcuts/hotkeys until they're second nature.

    submitted by /u/Ricecupnow
    [link] [comments]

    What to Expect?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 01:30 PM PDT

    Hi, I am starting my first post college job as a Tax Associate at a middle market CPA firm, and I am just looking for some generalities about what I should expect. The firm is not Big 4, but it isn't particularly small either (6 locations, all in Texas, and 3 of which are in Houston, Dallas and Fort Worth). Basically, what should I expect starting out, as far as type of work, work life balance, etc? And as an aside, I don't have a set plan as far as sticking with public accounting for the long haul, or making an early exit, but what are the typical/best landing spots if I do choose to leave sooner rather than later? Any advice, tips, red flags to watch for, etc would be very appreciated! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hilldawg0
    [link] [comments]

    Does AR/AP jobs count for the 1 year of CPA work experience?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 03:47 PM PDT

    [CAN] Anyone ever worked for Dream Unlimited?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 12:48 PM PDT

    I'm looking at some of their accounting roles and wanted to get a better sense of how they are as an employer. Is it decent pay? Fair hours? Good corporate atmosphere?

    submitted by /u/undecided_accountant
    [link] [comments]

    What’s next after Manager?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 10:13 AM PDT

    Is it partner? Or something in between?

    submitted by /u/corner-store
    [link] [comments]

    When forecasting sales growth, should I include the effects of inflation?

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 12:28 PM PDT

    So inflation is given and so is expected sales growth.

    Should I do "real" growth which would (g-inflation)?

    Or is sales growth about looking at volume and not value?

    I know for currency value u would use real over nominal.

    submitted by /u/godzilla_did_9-11
    [link] [comments]

    Carrier Path - Advice needed

    Posted: 06 Jul 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    Hey guys I am about to graduate in a year however I got two different career offerings which will take me on two different paths (I have to make my mind until mid July) so I decided to seek advice here:

    First option: Employment at one of the BIG Four

    Second option: Junior Teaching Assistant at my University (monthly salary + paid graduate program)

    If you had these options what would you choose?

    Considering: the pay at my university is lower for the first two years of teaching. But I think there is more work/life balance.

    What is your opinion on this?

    Thanks!

    Additional: The TA position is eventually going to turn into a full time teaching professor at the university (at least that's what's promised to me)

    Also I am halfway through with my ACCA exams (8/14) - that is the "CPA" for Europe, and I am currently taking the CMA exams.

    I had an internship at the BIG 4, the only thing I didn't like was that you had to work after hours - e.g after 4pm either stay in the office and work or go and work from home which while being early 20s/30s is okay but I wouldn't want to be locked in an office doing 12hr shifts for life.

    (This may be incorrect I was an intern for just 4 months, which is why I posted here, NO OFFENSE MEANT to anyone just asking for opinion)

    submitted by /u/tanevvski
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment