• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 6, 2019

    Suggestions for dry throat when making cold calls? Sales and Selling

    Suggestions for dry throat when making cold calls? Sales and Selling


    Suggestions for dry throat when making cold calls?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 10:33 AM PDT

    I drink a decent amount of water but always seem to have to mute and clear my throat when making dials. Anyone have tips for how to prevent this?

    submitted by /u/HighSintellect
    [link] [comments]

    Do you ever feel you're dumbing yourself down for sales?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 10:52 AM PDT

    I have a tendency to get very detail oriented in my sales process. I Have many people telling me to dumb myself down and explain to people like their 5. This is hard for me as I am a very analytical detailed person,moreover, I feel like if I dumb it down it's almost be littling to the business owner on the other end of the phone. (I do consultative sales selling marketing) What are your thoughts and how do you manage this? Is it Effective for you?

    submitted by /u/freethinker26
    [link] [comments]

    Am I a Fraud?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 04:30 PM PDT

    This subreddit sure makes me feel like it sometimes.

    I'm not out there grinding 10 hours a day, hell I don't even think I would do 6. I don't work weekends, not even for travel. My phone is on auto-DND outside 8 and 5. I don't cold call. I try and take Fridays off. My primary goal is really just to hit my number with the absolute minimum of effort. So far, I'm doing just fine. My employers have seemed happy and I'll probably gross 140-160k this year (technical equipment sales). I've been in this for 8 years across 3 companies.

    Are there other sales people out there just quietly working relaxed hours and not losing all their hair from stress? Or am I an anomaly who's about to be blown out of the water by someone willing to put in 3x the effort?

    submitted by /u/carleasenoob2020
    [link] [comments]

    How do you monitor your retail shelf space? Has it helped you increase your sales?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 09:50 AM PDT

    Is this common or strange?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 10:14 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    So today i was just minding my buisness at the train station when this guy approaches me. He looked to be in my age range (19) and he asked me if i had some time for a conversation, he told me that it was for a school assignment. Fine whatever, i chatted with him for about 10 minutes and it was pleasant enough. After 10 minutes he tells me that he lied, he's not a student he's a talent scout for a sales company (i forgot the name he gave me). He said that i talk easy and that i have a lot of potential, he asked for my number and i provided it to him.

    He said i'll recieve a call to be invited to a job interview.

    Niw what i'm wondering, is this common? Do sales company's recruit like this often? I'm not sure if i fucked something up in giving him my number.

    Many thanks.

    submitted by /u/Lothric27
    [link] [comments]

    What is that one thing when you tried gave you an unexpected increase in sales?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 10:05 AM PDT

    Sales evaluation

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 04:19 AM PDT

    What would you guys have done different than Jordan Belfort in this video? https://youtu.be/GBRUa4TZqHk

    Do you guys think that some of his techniques our outdated? Just interested!

    submitted by /u/All_the_lonely_ppl
    [link] [comments]

    Buying Frenzy when busy

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 09:21 AM PDT

    I work for a furniture retailer and Im going to approach management with a reason to reduce staffing on weekdays. We all work an extra 5ish hours a week unnecessarily and since were commision only, its nothing to them.

    Im looking for scientific evidence supporting a buying frenzy and Im struggling. Its more than just perception. When I am busy, customers are more interested, if im standing around.....well they arent intereted as much.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/TuesdayBlows
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite response to “We’re all set/We’re happy with our current provider”?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 06:16 AM PDT

    Saying "no" to red lines without souring a good relationship.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    This is something I struggle with. For instance, I have a wonderful account where we have a great relationship. We're working on their renewal for this year. The VP returned their renewal schedule (which just updates the terms of the original MSA) along with the original MSA marked up with red lines.

    Our legal team is happy to negotiate the updated terms, but not the original guiding document. Struggling how to soften the blow.

    What messaging/techniques do you all use in situations like this?

    submitted by /u/the_bklounge
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favorite interview question?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 07:00 AM PDT

    What is your go-to question that you always use when you are interviewing new sales people?

    On the flip side, as a sales person, what's the #1 question that you always here and how do you respond?

    submitted by /u/realJohnMoore
    [link] [comments]

    Email vs call tactics

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 03:50 AM PDT

    I am planning to send out a short email to person that is the most appropriate one to evaluate the problems that my service should address. I outline the problems that they might experience and what implications would that have on the business. At the end of email, I plan to get his/her "yes" (commitment) as a permission to later call him/her to discuss problems the client might experience in greater details (following along SPIN selling framework).

    For me, this approach makes sense, because there is no point to be overly pushy and if they ignore my mail or say "no" then it means there is little chance my service could be helpful to them. So I save time by not wasting it on "bad" customers. But I do have this doubt that they might not realize the problems they might have and it is always easier to stay in the comfort zone, so they would say "no" to me even though they would consider my service if we got to discuss the details.

    Is this approach reasonable or how would you go about it?

    submitted by /u/FrugalKrugman
    [link] [comments]

    Voicemails are the bain of my existence

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 10:32 AM PDT

    Hey everyone! I could really use some advice. I have built a very successful cold email agency over the last three years. We now offer a cold email service with call/appointment setting attached to it. 99% of our clients are digital marketing agency's selling Facebook ads, AdWords, or SEO.

    Basically we run the cold email campaign, get business owners to respond that they're interested, and our call center we contract with out of Dallas calls to schedule a call on the clients calendar.

    We have zero problem getting a lot of qualified leads with cold email. Voicemails are our biggest frustration and slow down. It is taking us weeks more than it should to get a call scheduled just because of how many times we need to call

    If 60 people respond to the email "Yes I'm interested. Call me", the call center is only getting 12 scheduled by the fifth attempt to reach all 60

    I used to despise calendar links, but now I'm starting to see their value. In a world of spam callers and unknown numbers no one answers their phone anymore. Our calling/scheduling team is EXTREMELY inefficient because 95% of the calls they make to people who replied to an email asking to be called go to voicemail.

    We are considering just replying with a calendar link immediately after they reply that they are interested and let them self schedule

    Anyone go through this same issue? Anyone have success getting prospects to book on a calendar link?

    submitted by /u/fromcoldtogold
    [link] [comments]

    What would you do in this situation?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 10:28 AM PDT

    I recently started a new role to be NBD manager for a company that sells Printers, Phone lines, phone systems and SaaS ( SaaS so bad we don't use it as a company). This company uses hubspot as its crm but requires employees put the minimal information so there isn't much information for a new employee to establish a plan. We sell phone lines and systems extremely cheap but our printers are expensive. Essentially I've been given enough rope to hang myself and little to no support from my Boss. If you were in this situation how would you go about developing accounts/ building a funnel. I've been cold calling for weeks but have developed very little info companies timelines on their current equipment.

    submitted by /u/dickdapug
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for some constructive criticism in my approach

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 08:07 AM PDT

    Hey Folks,

    Recently landed a full sales cycle role selling into the New England area to public schools, colleges, and enterprises that have an IT spend of 1 Million plus. Now I'm working for a Value added reseller (CDW, SHI, Insight). We provide a full scale of IT solutions. As I'm just starting out I haven't got any buying accounts just prospects that I can call into. The sales cycle is long and usually I'm on the lookout for RFP's/RFQ's and state contracts. However when I do find a prospect I can call into I can't progress.

    Dealing with people in New England is difficult especially in the smaller private schools as they just hang up the phone or tell you to fuck off upon hearing its a cold call. I've made about 100 calls and not even one lead. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. I am primarily calling and speaking to IT managers and directors in charge of IT procurement. The script I'm using is one I actually got off this sub reddit. It's something like..

    "Hi ________, this is Joe calling from XYZ, did I catch you at a bad time?"

    "The reason I'm calling is because we've been helping schools in the New England area with (xyz) and thought you'd be interested too."

    Out of 100 dials I've probably spoken to 5 people. 3 told me to fuck off, 2 said to call them back later and send them an e-mail.

    My goal is really to take a consultative approach and see if I can book a call with the IT director to do a needs analysis and discovery call. Should I start reaching out by e-mail first and then call saying I sent an email? Or just leave a voicemail, and then follow up with e-mail?

    "

    submitted by /u/Ronaldo-CR7-
    [link] [comments]

    Making Sure It is a Good Fit

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 09:15 AM PDT

    Hi All,

    I am currently in the interview stage with several companies. What are some of the things you would do to make sure the company you are going to is what they purport to be?

    I'm doing as much background research as possible, but I have this knawing feeling in my stomach I am missing something. I'm looking at glassdoor to check on the workplace, G2/Capterra to get software reviews, trying to find as much research on the company as possible, reading their website, and all of the companies look really good. That fact leads me to believe I am missing something.

    I am having a hard time differentiating between them all. Any help is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/TYjammin843
    [link] [comments]

    Fair compensation

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 06:33 AM PDT

    What would someone who sells FBS and other life science products to academic and government research labs make? I net anywhere from $125-$150k monthly. Sometimes over $200k. I fear my compensation is severely lacking since I get paid less than 1% and my base isn't much. Less than $36k a year. Benefits here are amazing but besides that I'm looking at better opportunities. I made more money selling cars but the hours were shit. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/itsjustrob_28
    [link] [comments]

    New career in SAAS. Advice from people situated in the industry?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 11:47 AM PDT

    Hello I am now a business development rep for a company that makes software for research institutions, hospitals and universities. If you could give someone starting out 1 piece of advice what would it be?

    For anyone who has been in SAAS for a while, who has worked with similar clients or not. It could be about prospecting or how to give that concise pitch to get initial interest or anything really.

    I am not an account executive yet so actually moving the sales cycle beyond initial outreach is not my responsibility at the moment. This is at the initial prospect development level where I reach out and get an appointment with a DM then I hand them off when that person schedule allows.

    submitted by /u/vagabondalex
    [link] [comments]

    New SDR in the cyber security space

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 11:35 AM PDT

    Hey all, I currently work at a company that outsources SDR's for tech companies. I was just assigned to a campaign in which our client offers MDR services to companies in the range of 500m-5b annual revenue. Anybody else in the cyber-security space that can offer tips/resources/information that has helped them elevate their process? I'm currently on information overload right now, but any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/iamachillbilly
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for moving to marketing?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 11:17 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I just recently got put on a PIP at my job. I've had about 4 jobs in 2 years, and done meh-to-ok at all of them and just kinda fell flat with this one. I think I just don't have the mental toughness to deal with an SDR role, this is kinda my wake-up call that sales just probably isn't my thing.

    I've talked with marketing at my job, and the role of digital marketing sounds more aligned to my skills and what I'd enjoy. However I can't transfer departments while on a PIP. I have no real excuses for not working hard towards the PIP other than I really don't enjoy being an SDR. I've picked up a pretty serious alcohol habit and I just feel miserable and stressed constantly.

    Has anyone made the jump to marketing, and do you have any tips for how to spin it? I've been told in the past that marketing can be iffy about hiring sales reps because some departments see it as a skill mismatch, which I want to try and mitigate. Any help/advice would be wonderful!

    submitted by /u/BigPapaWokelord
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to learn sales?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 12:41 AM PDT

    Hey I'm still a student and have been selling my webdesign services for the last few years. Although most of my sales were pretty easy since the prospects were friends of friends etc. So what is a good place to really start selling non stop?

    I've been recruited to sell SaaS for a startup but as far a I can tell I'm the most experienced sales rep there (which isn't a lot). So there has never been anyone to mentor me on sales. I'm afraid that if I start working for a telemarketing company there won't be a good mentor there. How to find that person? Btw I'm interested in tech

    submitted by /u/All_the_lonely_ppl
    [link] [comments]

    Positive post. What do you enjoy about your job?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 05:15 AM PDT

    SaaS opportunities in Portland, OR?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 11:10 AM PDT

    I have been in B2B sales for over 6 years and have always been a top performer. I am not getting any younger (34 going on 35) and wanted to break into this industry to really make a financial impact on mine and my families life (current OTE is 70-75k/year).

    Anyone out there that can help me get my foot in the door?

    submitted by /u/ronniej84
    [link] [comments]

    Is door to door sales really worth it?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 07:03 AM PDT

    I'm really looking for an honest and transparent answer. I've just started a commission d2d job and I've merely made only 3 sales this week, making only 120 pounds. However, some colleagues are making £250 daily and as much as I envy them, I'm finding it particularly difficult to close. I find it somewhat redundant to be selling energy plans at the door when people have internet and comparison websites.

    I'm looking for some insight really? Will it get better, is it worth sticking out or am I wasting my time?

    submitted by /u/SlappedArse
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment