• Breaking News

    Friday, June 7, 2019

    Stock Market - An exit strategy for stocks trading

    Stock Market - An exit strategy for stocks trading


    An exit strategy for stocks trading

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 04:33 PM PDT

    Hi, I've been trading for a while but new to this forum. I've been a silent observer on reddit for quite some time.

    Background: All my long term holds are in IRA account at TDA and I actively day trade stocks through a discount broker. On average 3-4 trades/day, stocks in the $10-$20 range.

    As a trader we make so many decisions throughout the day, which leads to stress and sometimes costly mistakes.

    So, I simplified one decision making step . Now I exit all my trades one minute before market close. That's it. No more move the stop, take the profit, reenter, etc. This one thing has improved my performance and reduced stress levels.

    I believe exiting at close is quite common with algo/automated trading. I've also seen others do it online which just reinforces my exit strategy.

    This has not been an easy thing for me to do. Trust me, I battle the demon within everyday. But I'm disciplined now in exiting trades.

    There are pros and cons to this like anything else in trading. This has worked out quite OK for me for the last 9 months. One less thing to decide and it does free up my afternoons :-)

    I'm curious to learn how other traders exit their trade?

    submitted by /u/newtrading
    [link] [comments]

    Google's gaming system Stadia is coming in November

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 02:39 AM PDT

    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/06/tech/google-stadia-release-date/index.html

    The system, which was originally announced in March, will act like a Netflix for video games. Google says it will eventually allow people to play games directly over WiFi from any TV with Chromecast, computer with a Chrome browser, and Google Pixel phones. There are no downloads as the games themselves exist on Google cloud servers. That means Stadia can also sync game progress across devices.

    Google is only releasing a limited version of the system in November, however. Stadia will work on TVs with a Chromecast dongle or Chromecast support at launch. Those on computers or mobile devices are out of luck until 2020.

    Stadia will launch in 14 countries in November, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, France, and Italy. Google plans to expand it to more countries next year.

    Next year, Google will release a regular streaming subscription called Stadia Pro, which will cost $9.99 a month and include access to 31 games and counting, including Destiny 2, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Borderlands 3, and Rage 2.

    submitted by /u/mytwm
    [link] [comments]

    Long Term Bet

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    I have some money to invest and want to know which company is best long term (Age:22):

    • Walmart
    • JPM Chase
    • UPS
    • Waste Management
    • Cisco Systems

    Current Portfolio (I know I'm tech heavy 😁) - Apple - Amazon - Google - Microsoft - Visa - Mastercard - Disney - Boeing - Lockheed Martin - Berkshire Hathaway

    submitted by /u/sea_han33
    [link] [comments]

    Weak jobs report leads to boost rate hopes? Really?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 10:37 AM PDT

    I've been investing for ten years, and I am by no means a pro. But, does the market really think like this? This is the first time I've actually been scared for this market. We are now finding hope in a rate hike even though bad numbers came out? I guess I am just confused of why the market responded so well today.

    submitted by /u/matt1matt
    [link] [comments]

    Would anybody interested in a stock / finance chatbot?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 04:53 PM PDT

    I am thinking of building a stock finance chat bot that you can ask questions such as "What caused apple stock to go down today?", "What is the general consensus of apple stock" or "How much debt does apple have?".

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/maxadorable
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think will be the most successful stock that is currently under $3/share?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 04:41 PM PDT

    What are your favorite dividend stocks that currently have a low annual yield which you will believe will be MUCH higher in just ~10 years?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:20 AM PDT

    What are your favorite dividend stocks that currently have a low annual yield which you will believe will be MUCH higher in just ~10 years?

    submitted by /u/abcde123edcba
    [link] [comments]

    Most Anticipated Earnings Releases for the week beginning June 10th, 2019

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 03:49 AM PDT

    Will stock trading come to a saturation point?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 10:24 AM PDT

    I see a lot of people coming into stock trading, a lot new algorithms are also coming up, do you guys think that stock trading will be profitable in future?

    Most of the people are using same strategies to enter and exit trades. If everyone will become right then who will be wrong?

    and will AI takeover human trading?

    submitted by /u/theankitt
    [link] [comments]

    Stem Holdings, Inc. ($STMH) Receives Cannabis Licence & Appoints former Partner for Goldman Sachs to Facilitate Expansion

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:45 AM PDT

    Stockfetcher v StockCharts

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:42 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm hoping those in here who have used both Stockfetcher and StockCharts can give an opinion on which platform is better for carrying out custom scans? Both for the variety and ease of scans. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/kazman
    [link] [comments]

    The Intelligent Investor YouTube Channel

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 09:37 AM PDT

    Hey everyone! Youtube can be a great source for finding information on investing/finance. Take a look at Financial Freedom, this is my Youtube channel for Finance/investing. Which ideas would you like us to cover? Please comment what you think of the channel and what additional topics that you would like covered! Thanks!

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=18r2RCVtqTg

    submitted by /u/dmwes4
    [link] [comments]

    Did any of you buy stocks during the 2008 financial crisis? How did it work out for you?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 04:18 PM PDT

    $BEMG News Coming Confirmed "Working on the finishing touches regarding the exciting news about new lenders/contracts, new board members and news services!"

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:19 AM PDT

    I remember how this ran last time. $0.20. But this time, they have their share reduction done. Should be interesting.

    Good Afternoon $BEMG Shareholders. Working on the finishing touches regarding the exciting news about new lenders/contracts, new board members and news services! Stay tuned and thank you for your patience! 2019 is all about growth for $BEMG

    https://twitter.com/BEMG12/status/1136659551686725633

    submitted by /u/jarred_tok
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone who i can DM to learn more about investing?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:09 AM PDT

    I have some questions im hoping someone will be able to answer. Hopefully someone with experience and whos been trading for some time now.

    submitted by /u/Rollin4X4Coal
    [link] [comments]

    r/StockMarket June 2019 Contest update as of market close June 6th, 2019

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 03:56 AM PDT

    What's the best place from which to pull fundamental data

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 01:38 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I'm tired of Tradestation's unreliable fundamental data fields, so I was hoping someone might point me in the direction of a (preferably free) source with a convenient API for which I could write a little program to pull fundamental data and calculate a rudimentary discounted cash flow. Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/pmred234
    [link] [comments]

    Trade War; China; Chinese Economy; Alibaba and etc.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 08:52 PM PDT

    We're approaching the end of week 1, June 2019. The G20 is in about 3 weeks, and there seems to be no deescalation of the ongoing trade dispute between USA and China; in fact, it's further escalating e.g.: Mexico.

    Having said this, I think it's important that we take a step back and really view what this all means to China in the greater scheme of things:

    • China is poised to double their consumption (at least) by 2030;
    • GDP will still grow at ~6% for another 3 years, slowing to 4 - 5% for the next 5 - 10;
    • The number of online shoppers in China will almost triple the entire population of the USA
    • China has created over 70 million service jobs in the last 5 years, but only lost 14 manufacturing jobs
    • The Chinese middle, upper-middle, and upper class will triple in size in 10 years - totaling ~600 million
    • Chinese disposable income will more than triple
    • China will become a net importer like the USA, and will consume at an exponential rate - in 2018, net imports increased to >$2.1T - a 15.8% increase YoY
    • The lower tier cities in China will grow faster than the upper tiers; their spending/consumption and net population already exceed the T1/T2 cities, and the income gap between upper tier vs. lower tier is narrowing

    Full 30-minute video analysis

    In light of this, we really have to ask ourselves whether the most recent market selloff is overdone. I think it is, and have been doing a deep dive into Alibaba; based on my research, I believe Alibaba will benefit more from China's impending tailwinds more than any other company in China - the ecosystem they're creating is scary, and I believe the market has got it wrong by taking such a reactive/short-term view.

    submitted by /u/SensibleInvesting
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to invest in mutual funds for the first time, unsure of fees.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 08:41 PM PDT

    I was recently taught about mutual funds and how they compound interest. I'm 22 so I'd like to get started and may cash out in 10 years or so and put a down payment on a house, not really sure but all the time I'm waiting I'm missing out on all the interest I could be earning. My plan is to start out with $300. I don't really have anything else up I started a summer job and am going to make about $300 a week with little to no personal expenses. My dilemma is I'd like to put $100 dollars about every 2 weeks but I believe I would pay a pretty large fee no matter where I go?

    Is there any place where I'd just pay the upfront fee and be able to add money to the same fund over time without paying that large fee every time? I also don't have a stable income (just working over the summer) so I can't really make a plan where I automatically deposit X amount over certain time if that exists.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/csdspartans7
    [link] [comments]

    Walmart is going to start delivering groceries inside shoppers’ homes

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 09:23 PM PDT

    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/06/walmart-is-going-to-start-delivering-groceries-inside-shoppers-homes.html

    Walmart this fall will start delivering groceries inside shoppers' homes.

    It will first test this option in three cities: Kansas City, Missouri, Pittsburgh and Vero Beach, Florida.

    It said it will "learn and scale" in-home delivery from there.

    Walmart's e-commerce chief, Marc Lore, said "there's incredibly high perceived value" with in-home delivery, since the retailer is saving people time spent organizing the fridge.

    submitted by /u/coolcomfort123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment