• Breaking News

    Monday, June 10, 2019

    Startups Delaware C Corp - do initial decisions about stock (# of shares, par value/no par value, classes, etc) matter in the long run? Is there anything that can’t easily be amended?

    Startups Delaware C Corp - do initial decisions about stock (# of shares, par value/no par value, classes, etc) matter in the long run? Is there anything that can’t easily be amended?


    Delaware C Corp - do initial decisions about stock (# of shares, par value/no par value, classes, etc) matter in the long run? Is there anything that can’t easily be amended?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 04:00 PM PDT

    I have been working on a pre-revenue start-up concept for about a year now and am at the point where I can present a functional version of my idea to my industry network at the major tradeshow at the end of the year. In anticipation of this, and partly to show that I am serious about finding investors, I have started to look into the process of incorporating as a C Corp in Delaware.

    The Delaware franchise tax amount varies based on the number of stock issued, although there are ways around issuing a large number of shares without the costs becoming astronomical. However from what I have read, issuing 1,500 shares of a single class of no par value stock seems to be the generally accepted starting point for a C Corp in my position.

    My question is - does any of the initial stock offerings matter? Certainly I can issue more shares if necessarily, but if I need additional classes of stock, this can be amended as well right? I imagine there's a way to issue stock at a par value as well although I don't anticipate a situation where I would want to do it.

    I have been reading a lot about how to set up the stock for the C corp and wonder if I'm just overthinking things and if any mistakes I make can be amended fairly easily / inexpensively.

    submitted by /u/SuperSchlongStrereo
    [link] [comments]

    What are the first steps in writing a proposal offer to an investor?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 07:28 AM PDT

    We recently pitched to an investor and his business partner to fund our business that is in the startup phase. Our company has been incorporated for 1 year and has $75k revenue at this point. I received a call back from the investor that he discussed with his business partner and they wanted to get involved. They asked for a written proposal offer on what they could offer to help propel the business forward.

    I've had no experience with writing one before, would this include what their obligations would be as being part of the company? Also, how would I propose the offer for investment? If I have multiple options we are open to such as 100k for 10% or 250k for 30% would these all be addressed in the same paper? Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/EntrepJ
    [link] [comments]

    6 Workplace Chat Apps to Keep your Team Integrated at Work

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 01:27 AM PDT

    Good communication lies at the heart of success in almost everything at work. Workplace chat apps encourage the creation of better work relations. Nowadays, these work chat apps are becoming the most basic ingredient in establishing a happier place of work and to communicate with one another effectively.

    submitted by /u/Yoshitha1711
    [link] [comments]

    Security or Features?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 04:37 AM PDT

    Hey everyone. I am currently working on a project on web that collects data.

    I have a very hard decision on wether I should spend time protecting my webapp from malicious actors. I have asked some friends that are more technical in a browser environment to mess with the backend and break my whole system. They succeeded in about an hour. No emails not sign ins etc.

    The thing is that I don't actually collect personal data, rather their activity on the site instead. Something not very trivial. The data is anonymous in nature.

    So the question really is, should I spend time on making a more bulletproof version of my application rather than spending that time catching up on much needed features and bugs?

    submitted by /u/petershaburov
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment