• Breaking News

    Monday, June 10, 2019

    [PINNED] Promote your business, week of June 10, 2019 small business

    [PINNED] Promote your business, week of June 10, 2019 small business


    [PINNED] Promote your business, week of June 10, 2019

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 05:03 PM PDT

    Post business promotion messages here including special offers especially if you cater to small business.

    Note: To prevent your messages from being flagged by the autofilter, don't use shortened URLs.

    submitted by /u/Charice
    [link] [comments]

    [PINNED] In this post, share your small business experience, successes, failures, AMAs, and lessons learned. Week of June 10, 2019

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 05:05 PM PDT

    This post welcomes and is dedicated to:

    • Your business successes
    • Small business anecdotes
    • Lessons learned
    • Unfortunate events
    • Unofficial AMAs
    • Links to outstanding educational materials (with explanations and/or an extract of the content)

    /r/smallbusiness is one of a very few subs where people can ask questions about operating their small business. To let that happen the main sub is dedicated to answering questions about subscriber's own small businesses.

    Many people also want to talk about things which are not specific questions about their own business. We don't want to disappoint those subscribers and provide this post as a place to share that content without overwhelming specific and often less popular simple questions.

    This isn't a license to spam the thread. Business promotion and free giveaways are welcome only in the Promote Your Business thread. Thinly-veiled website or video promoting posts will be removed as blogspam.

    Discussion of this policy and the purpose of the sub is welcome at https://www.reddit.com/r/smallbusiness/comments/ana6hg/psa_welcome_to_rsmallbusiness_we_are_dedicated_to/

    submitted by /u/Charice
    [link] [comments]

    I want to start my own small business

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 08:59 PM PDT

    I'm currently 19 years old in college and I'm sick of it. This ain't for me, it won't lead to the life I want. I've been thinking about this small business idea for years now. To all you small business owners if someone were to proposes the idea of marketing your business for you how can that person make sure they have relevant prices and products at a moments notice?

    Typo

    submitted by /u/cowpuncher21
    [link] [comments]

    General Question about copyright/branding (and specific question about the I <3 NY logo)

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 11:59 PM PDT

    Is there a resource that has information about how to copyright/trademark your brand? My google search results all seem to have an agenda and are unclear. I'm in California btw.

    More specifically if anyone wants to help, here are my questions:

    Are copyright and trademark the same thing?

    How does one go about trademarking/copyrighting something?

    How do you check if someone else has trademarked/copyrighted something already?

    What about if you want to mimic someone's logo/brand but with a change? Like if I type my brand name in the google logo font for example. Or for example call your brand 60 cent, mimicking the 50 cent moniker.

    And specifically I wanted to know about the common I <3 NY logo. How legal is it to mimic this logo? Substitute NY with my brand initials.

    submitted by /u/youzerneighme
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have experience opening/operating a Car Wash?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 07:38 AM PDT

    Highly interested in the prospects of car washes. Mostly passive income, and what seems to me to be a one time overhead cost + water and soap and basic upkeep.

    I feel like I'm grossly misinformed and all the searches I do leave me feeling the same. If you have any experience starting and/or operating a car wash, PLEASE share your knowledge with me .

    submitted by /u/nasir135
    [link] [comments]

    What do you exactly stand to lose in business?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 03:08 AM PDT

    Business and entrepreneurship are so worshipped nowadays, so romanticized, I feel it's easy for people interested in starting to not realize the actual risks of it. Of course, everyone's going to tell you that you can lose money and time, and that you will have to work a lot, that it ain't no work in the park. I'm here to say the exact same thing, but more concretely (as concrete as I can be without talking about a particular business model). I want to talk about the exact things I saw go.

    Why? Because if you have a clearer idea of what you stand to lose, or what it will require, you can better plan and allocate your resources. Because this isn't a sprint and you have to be able to do it for years on end without hating it. Fail to plan and you're planning to fail.

    I've also decided to post it here, because this place is flooded with so-called gurus and mentors who've decided that it will be their business model to pump you up about the prospect of a business, so that you will pay $2364.64 for their "knowledge".

    I must say that this has been my personal experience and other people's experiences might differ

    MONEY

    Obviously, money is the first thing you think about. If money's the blood of your business, then that blood has to enter the system somehow, but if you fail (or just make some mistakes) then it will also leave the body into the following:

    1. Advertisement: I think this one is particularly dangerous, because it's the one a whole subsector of gurus has decided to capitalize on. I'm mainly referring to the popular FB, IG & Google advertisement. Don't get me wrong, these can be a great way of making a product profitable and get it out there if you know what you're doing and have the money to experiment. I don't care how they talk about $5 a day; you'll end up duplicating that twice and after a week you'll have spent $120 with zero sales. Pocket change for some, a lot of work for others. I've personally put around $800-$900 into advertisement alone and it didn't turn out well at all, because I didn't know what the fuck I was doing.

    a. My advice is to attempt to use more economic advertisement methods, think influencers under 50k, local advertisement, word of mouth and so on. Get creative.

    1. Product: unless you're a service-based business, you'll need a product. Yes, you can get rid of all risks through drop shipping and print on demand, but do you really want to be such a trend whore? Besides, that throws quality control and personalization on your part out of the window. I personally think that, while it's okay if you're able to really check with your provider to make sure you're providing something great, you'll have to spend initial money on your product and depending on what that is, it'll rack up. Here are a few things that usually increase the price for you as a business, but we don't think of:

    a. Packaging

    b. Shipping & shipping materials

    c. Branding

    d. Merchandise

    e. Maintenance

    1. Learning (optional): I personally think you can learn everything for free and through experimentation, but given the popularity of courses nowadays, you could potentially put this into your costs. Just make sure it's something from someone who didn't make their millions teaching others how to make their millions.

    2. Registration and legalities: your business is a legal entity now and you will have to make sure that's up to par with the law. Talk with a lawyer, research your industry:

    a. What do people often get sued for?

    b. Why do people usually have to pay fines?

    c. What disclaimers or pages do you need in your website?

    d. What limitations apply to your mercantile activities?

    Attorneys and legal work can be expensive. Research the prices in your area or online.

    1. Money that you aren't earning somewhere else: that's right, you're losing all the money you could potentially be earning at a part-time/full-time job, so think about that.

    TIME

    Sweet, sweet time, we've so little of it, yet we have to spend so much of it to do anything worthy. A drunkard in the street told me that once.

    1. Learning: you have to learn a bunch of things, not just unique to your industry, but also to business and finances in general (if this is the first time you jump into it). Don't underestimate this, as -I mean it- you will spend months upon months just learning. I have found that there's a funny process we usually go through, which makes the learning twice as long:

    a. You want to learn something

    b. You search for content to learn from

    c. You find conflicting pieces of content

    d. You doubt all pieces of content that you found

    e. You ask people online

    f. You get ignored or discouraged

    g. You end up doubting whether you've learnt anything

    h. You crywank yourself to sleep

    Yeah, it sucks, but recognize it so you can move along

    1. Fucking up: that's right boyos, you're going to make a load of mistakes, like it or not, a load of them. Every time you make one, you're going to have to take two steps back and start again and, what's that going to take? Time.

    a. You'll follow bad advice and fuck up

    b. You'll follow good advice but execute poorly

    c. You'll follow good advice and execute perfectly. And you'll still fail, because you just had bad luck.

    So, get into the mindset of being ready to fail, that way it won't hurt as much

    1. Building: building what, you ask?

    a. A functional, nice-looking website

    b. A client base (and keeping it)

    c. Stock (if you're product based, acquiring, photographing it and maintaining it)

    d. Sales funnels/waterwheels

    e. Technical work

    i. Phones

    ii. Fax

    iii. Emails

    iv. Domains

    Remember, you might spend so much time doing things that you'll forget where you started and it might all feel foggy, but that's what this is and I'm just trying to tell you before you get into it.

    EFFORT

    1. Working consistently. Not only the effort of constant work but also:

    a. Convincing yourself that it's worth working this much

    b. Convincing your loved ones, it's worth working this much

    1. Picking something that's worth your time: not only will you spend time thinking and searching for this, but you'll spend brain power which could be used somewhere else. How do you know that you're allocating your energy properly? How do you know that you're taking the right route, how do you know that what you're doing is really what you should be doing?

    a. We all fear a lack of purpose and we all question ourselves throughout the way. This is a double point, because you'll spend effort finding that something and effort convincing yourself of that something

    1. The effort to keep everything together and not forget where you started: after months or years of work, you mightn't even be able to remember what's going on and how you got yourself into this mess. You have to put regular effort into remember and redefining your goal:

    a. So that every action you take follows that goal

    b. So that you feel the purpose of your work every (or most) days

    1. Learn how to explain what you're doing: yeah, sure, "people don't understand" … Then get good at explaining, son. Not only will your friends, family and acquaintances want to know what you're doing, but your investors, clients and partners will also have to be convinced too!

    2. Pulling yourself outside of the tunnel vision and thinking objectively about what you're doing. It's always important to think "what's the bigger picture here? Is this really that important"

    a. You're going to be so utterly busy, it might be hard to think in bigger terms, but you have to.

    1. Optimizing your systems: are you working smartly? Are your employees? Are you doing things efficiently? Don't get stuck in the grind so much that you're doing meaningless work because it feels productive. There's no substitute for hard work, but there's a substitute for stupid. Find that.

    Anyway, boys and girls, this is long as fuck and I tried to spill as much as I could without going of the rails. Remember that starting a business is still a very exciting thing to do and, if that's your calling, you should pursue it. Take this as a warning and a piece of advice. Write these things down, research your industry and figure out how much of each are you going to allocate to the business in order to have a life you want to live. You're in this for the long run, my guy, plan ahead, don't fuck it up.

    Hope I was of help and I'd love to hear the opinions of more experienced people here!

    If you don't want to read this wall, I made a video outlining all of this, which you can watch here: https://youtu.be/YycEGuZHxxM

    submitted by /u/fjparravicini
    [link] [comments]

    Did the Amazon Prime Extension from Personal to Business Go Away?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 01:54 AM PDT

    I have seen that you can do this, but can't figure out how.

    submitted by /u/MusclesBrah24
    [link] [comments]

    As a small business photographer, should I work with event planners? What is your overall experience with them?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 08:11 PM PDT

    This seems like a very dumb question, but I'm just naive and in my first year. I normally second shoot on rare occasions but my main income is in photobooths.

    I've gotten calls from event planners, I've never worked with one (the ones I work w/ are photographers and venue managers) so I don't know what to expect.

    They ask for a meeting straight up after asking how much my rates are. How do you expect this pans out moving on?

    I'm sure they'll add a few hundred bucks for their upfront to the couple and then leave me at 80%. Which I don't mind, the thing is, although I've done booths- I've never really focused on weddings. It's something that I see myself staying away from mostly because of the crazy stories, although I've done at least 2 weddings.

    Just seems like I'm being strung into because they regularly want to speak to me. One of the few reasons why I'm into small businesses is the freedom but I haven't spoken to anyone who worked with such, can anyone advice?

    Say I charge 300 for 2-hours. How would they work this out with me?

    submitted by /u/messi_818
    [link] [comments]

    Retail space in 11,000 population small town.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    Im looking to open a phone repair shop and my town of 300k is full of them but a town 30 minutes away doesnt have one. But is a population of 11k too small. is it risky? rent will be half the price aswell which is a benefit

    submitted by /u/BENI_CS
    [link] [comments]

    Customer rewards

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 07:34 PM PDT

    Hi there

    I'm just wondering if anybody knows of any programs or systems for rewarding customers?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/tjvdk123
    [link] [comments]

    What to do to quickly get customers, increase sales

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 12:49 AM PDT

    Today, online business becomes very popular for everyone. Finding information on the internet is an integral part of buying. So how to put your website on top 1 search engine specifically google. To do that, you understand SEO techniques including: content, keywords and website optimization. Join real estate Đào tạo SEO to become an SEO expert.

    SEO real estate course

    Help you master the knowledge and tools to perform push to top

    Support for practice right in the class helps students to achieve results right in the class

    Direct learning with experienced instructors

    Why should you choose đào tạo SEO center

    Guided theory and practice right in the class

    Directly see the results on top

    Improve sales that bring you the dream you want

    Students learn how to write SEO standard content and website optimization

    Guided useful tools for setting up advertising budgets

    Classes of 10-15 students, air-conditioned rooms with projectors

    The center's students are people in the same real estate industry, coming to the center you will be shared, information about projects, building relationships in the industry. Real estate dao tao SEO center is also the first choice of floor managers, senior staff in real estate industry. So you will get useful experiences, get acquainted with industry people and learn how to get to the top 1

    Source: https://centralland.com.vn/trung-tam-dao-tao-seo-bds-uy-tin-tai-tphcm/#dao-tao-seo-chum

    submitted by /u/nevermore_pos
    [link] [comments]

    How to help out someone else’s cafe in any little way?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 09:59 AM PDT

    My girlfriend's parents took over a well known cafe in my town I live in. Now, I do the most I can by sharing their Facebook posts and stuff in that nature but is there anything from any of your experiences in which I can do to help out a little?

    submitted by /u/IINBMII
    [link] [comments]

    Disadvantages to forming an LLC early?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 03:34 PM PDT

    Hi there, just a quick question:

    I have been working on starting a business for awhile now. However, I also work full time and am a full time college student. Are there any disadvantages to forming an LLC and just letting it sit for 2 years or so while I slowly bring it into being? I most likely wouldn't be generating any revenue during this time.

    submitted by /u/itwasthekids
    [link] [comments]

    Afraid my business is failing, am I just worrying?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 03:26 PM PDT

    You can see my insights chart here the dotted line is last year and the solid line is this year. This is our second year in business, we just hit our 1 year anniversary a few days ago.

    Mainly worried about the downward trend for this year.

    submitted by /u/DogPederson
    [link] [comments]

    What is a good online store to get into that isn’t too competitive and can make good profit?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 10:55 PM PDT

    I was wondering about an online store that I could create that isn't too competitive and can make a good profit. Most of the ideas I have had are way too competitive and would not make a lot of money any good ideas?

    submitted by /u/Bennybongo
    [link] [comments]

    How do you divide business?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 02:50 PM PDT

    Allow me to paint a clear picture of the situation.

    Me and my companion started a company which is focussed on giving group training sessions, in the outside air.

    We are now giving 6 training sessions per week, 4 at the starting location, 2 in a different city, which is still in development.

    There are 5 trainers (including me and my companion) currently giving training sessions, nobody is officially employed as a trainer.

    Me and my companion have a legal partnership, pay taxes over each subscription we sell.

    Trainers who are not me or my companion do get a fair compensation for each training they give, this is non-contractual.

    To be honest, our financial situation is not abundant.. It's not meagre but it's not enough to provide for all expenses of even one of us. Understandingly, we all do other work on the side.

    There is also not a clear division of shares and responsibilities, we just call upon each other's time when needed, so to say there's a solid foundation on trust.

    Now here is the situation, one of the trainers has been traveling a lot, and just returned, with the message he wants to scale things up, make it so that we will

    Not by giving more group training sessions, but he wants to sell online transformation programs.

    Now we have done things like this before, merging online and offline, taking things a bit beyond the standard training session, also giving advice on nutrition and habits.

    The thing is, the trainer whom I will call A, has been suggesting to sell my companion's transformative program.. And suggests I will join him in selling this program, since A and I have the biggest affinity with sales.

    Included in this plan is that A will join in on a part of the profit this program will make.

    To be honest I don't feel much for it, for a couple of reasons which I will list below;

    • it seems like the shares are already being distributed before anything is sold at all.

    • there's not a solid base of experience yet or shown results in this form of partnership yet.

    • my companion has only done this program with two people before, one finished and one still in progress.

    • I quite honestly don't know why this idea has to be affiliated with our company/training community..

    While typing this it is becoming more and more serious, and my companion is being swayed to go with this plan (even though him and A are not the best of friends.)

    How would any of you suggest I handle this situation?

    Thanks for reading! Any advice is welcome :)

    submitted by /u/Soletestimony
    [link] [comments]

    Food Truck Start Up

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 07:31 AM PDT

    I am looking to start a food truck business, and am looking over buying a food truck. Is it better to buy a brand new one for more money, or should I look for a used truck for less that is built out? I have seen them range from $5k to $70k and got a little lost.

    submitted by /u/DS335i
    [link] [comments]

    Question for retail stores: ever tried a customer test/focus group?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 12:03 PM PDT

    A few years ago I discovered that the manufacturer of a particular kind of dog toys had a "customer testing program" where you got a large discount on the toys if you reported back to the company how well they lasted. As a customer, it was nice to get high quality toys at a discount and I didn't mind filling out the very simple reports. I wonder if any other businesses have tried doing that, what it was like from the business' perspective.

    I'm thinking of setting something like that up for my store. My goals for doing it would be twofold:

    1. Primary goal is to verify that the products I sell are in fact, high quality. My shop sells only safety products, so I really want to make sure that I'm not inadvertently selling crap (and don't fully trust the marketing of suppliers). I don't have the time to test everything myself, but also I think if a select group of customers are doing the testing that will lend the testing a little more objectivity/trust/social proof.

    2. marketing: social media posts of photos they take, test videos if anybody makes good ones (smart phone, not professional), aggregated test results, generally that my shop is so serious about safety products that we set up this program.

    Caveat: I of course don't expect my customers to be able to do serious scientific testing, and I wouldn't market it that way. My group would be testing for things they can verify, like how bright a lighted item is, how long the battery lasts between charges, it if was easy to put on, if it fit well, etc.

    Thoughts? Experiences?

    submitted by /u/JcWoman
    [link] [comments]

    If you had 6 months to build a business that produces $100k a year in profit what would you target?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 11:29 AM PDT

    Not any notable special skills. Less than $10k in capital needed and a low probability of being unable to make back your initial investment.

    submitted by /u/natemansn1
    [link] [comments]

    Questions for small and new business owners.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 09:58 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm a student in an entrepreneur class and I need help from New and small business owners. Could you please answer the following questions to the best of your ability. This will help me to better understand what new and small business owners are looking for. Thanks for your help.

    Question 1: Why would you hire someone to help you redesign different aspects of your business?

    Question 2: What is the job that needs to be done that would motivate you to hire a designer?

    submitted by /u/Blueprint3r
    [link] [comments]

    How do You Find Business Networking Groups in West Los Angeles

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 05:49 PM PDT

    Q. Are you looking successful and supportive Business Networking groups?

    Attend West Los Angeles' premier Business Networking Group. RSVP to www.meetup.com/wildfirewla & Like/Follow us at www.facebook.com/wildfirewla

    submitted by /u/WildfireBizNet
    [link] [comments]

    Where would I sell a 143k Instagram account?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 02:59 PM PDT

    Title says it all. I tried FameSwap although for some reason it keeps saying I already added it and won't allow me to re upload it. I have pretty good engagement 2-4K likes although slowed down recently since I stopped posting daily. Account is called @theluxurysetting and idk where I would see or if any of you guys would be interested lmk.

    submitted by /u/ogbwraith
    [link] [comments]

    Storeya

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 12:36 PM PDT

    Hey there,

    Does anyone have experience or reviews for StoreYa traffic booster, an app in Shopify, for their new online business. Any positive or negative experiences would be appreciated?

    submitted by /u/rusty818
    [link] [comments]

    Content marketing ROI vs social media ROI

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 08:23 AM PDT

    These both seem very similar and it's a little unclear if content marketing will be better than social media as I see a lot of people look down on social media, is content marketing better? Thank you

    submitted by /u/3d_print_ing
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment