• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 5, 2019

    One of my employees experiences cognitive dissonance between what we charge and what he is paid. Anyone else have this issue? small business

    One of my employees experiences cognitive dissonance between what we charge and what he is paid. Anyone else have this issue? small business


    One of my employees experiences cognitive dissonance between what we charge and what he is paid. Anyone else have this issue?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 05:59 AM PDT

    On multiple occasions, one of my employees has brought up the fact that we charge our clients $1,000/day for his time, but that his salary is significantly less than that. (He earns about $50-$60K/year).

    I've explained that the business needs to generate a profit on his services; I've also attempted to explain how his salary is only a portion of his true cost as an employee (which also includes his benefits, equipment, training, unemployment insurance, payroll taxes, etc.).

    Has anyone else dealt with this amongst their employees? Was there anything you did that helped your employee understand why the billed rate is different than what he/she is paid?

    submitted by /u/kosherbacon
    [link] [comments]

    Man, it’s hard out here

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    This is more of a rant than anything.

    I'm in that weird in between in my business right now where it's too much work for one guy but not enough work to keep someone else hired on. I'm taking on sales, finances, designing and production, as well as social media and engaging with customers. It's to the point that when I finally make it into my shop to make the pieces, I stress myself out and end up pacing around for an hour and wasting time. Also, I'm finding myself getting pieces out later than expected, people are still super happy with their product but a little pissy about the extra week they waited.

    I know that it's a good stress to have. I'd rather be overwhelmed than worrying about making bills. I'm sure some of y'all are in my same position, how are y'all dealing with this, because I feel like I'm driving myself nuts over here.

    submitted by /u/CuppaCheese
    [link] [comments]

    Hey!

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 03:39 AM PDT

    Who here feels that their eating habits have a big influence on their everyday personal and work life? Do any of you struggle on maintaining a healthy balance?

    submitted by /u/JohnApplegate12
    [link] [comments]

    What is considered good returning customer rate for a cafe?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 03:30 AM PDT

    Hi Reddit, I opened a new cafe about 3 months ago. I use Square POS which provides data on returning customer rate.

    For a quick service restaurant, what would be considered a good percent of returning customers on a daily and monthly basis?

    I am seeing 30-40% returning customers on a daily basis (40% on slow days, 30% on busy days) and for the month 15% of my customers visited more than once.

    How are these numbers? Returning customers is my main focus for the beginning of this business.

    submitted by /u/Vic18t
    [link] [comments]

    Wanted to share my jewelry business:)

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 11:45 PM PDT

    I'm 19 years old and started to wire wrap crystals a little over a year ago. I decided to practice more and start to sell my jewelry. I'm still practicing everyday and growing my skills. In a couple months I am going to start soldering jewelry and making more intricate pieces. Hoping that my store will grow and I can afford to make all of the products and ideas I have in mind :)

    instagram: instagram.com/themysticworld my website: shopmysticworld.com

    submitted by /u/kayleighcooperr
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile Applications helps to improve Business Globally

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 02:29 AM PDT

    Enterprise applications are created with a modified way to deal with satisfy the particular business needs of a specific business. They are gone for gathering the developing business needs with the assistance of adaptable and strong highlights. As an Enterprise web application improvement stage .NET has mind-boggling highlights so as to help simple and quick application advancement. It won't just assistance you to assemble high caliber, engaging and solid web applications yet additionally empower you to accomplish distinctive business targets of your Enterprise. Give us a chance to put a look at a portion of the huge purposes behind picking this stage for web application improvement:

    1. Support programming languages
    2. Support Microsoft Azure
    3. Cross-platform support
    4. Software architecture
    5. Resources Availability
    6. Easy to Maintain

    Support programming languages:

    For Application advancement and execution, this stage does not rely upon a specific language. Consequently, the usefulness of the web application created won't stay constrained to a specific programming language. This stage offers help for a wide range of dialects and empowers them to cooperate under a typical framework.

    Support Microsoft Azure:

    While you create web applications for your business, you need it to be sufficiently adaptable to help future development. Microsoft Azure is certainly an alternative worth thinking about when you are searching for adaptable cutting edge business arrangements. As Azure backings crossover cloud arrangements improvement, it would empower your association to extend the business activities in the quickest conceivable way. Moreover, it causes you to get venture applications produced for both cloud and on-premises needs.

    Cross-platform support:

    The .NET stage has been changed with the approach of .NET Core. A stage once restricted basically to Windows is presently authoritatively upheld on pretty much any stage that you'd like to create and run applications. In this course, Building cross-platform Applications with .NET Core, you'll figure out how to create and run .NET Core applications on an assortment of stages. You'll figure out how to distribute your application to keep running on various runtimes just as comprehend distinctive sending models and how to test both stage skeptic and stage explicit usefulness. You'll perceive how to function with records, application arrangement, logging, and reliance infusion. You'll likewise figure out how to manufacture a comfort application, administrations, and web endpoints to see that you can make pretty much any sort of application. At long last, you'll get a report on the state .of the .NET Core tooling that is as yet being created including the most recent changes to utilize the MSBuild venture framework. When you're set, you'll realize the stuff to effectively build up a cross-platform .NET Core application.

    Dot Net Software architecture:

    This stage enables designers to make separate capacities for information the executives, introduction and putting away henceforth relevantly called multi-layered programming engineering. It gives .NET experts the adaptability to include or alter a layer and build up an application as opposed to starting from the scratch bringing about quicker improvement.

    Resources Availability:

    A large number of our customers lean toward spot net advancement due to the simple accessibility of gifted assets and furthermore accessible specialized help from a rich network of engineers. Applications created by capable and very qualified .NET experts increment the usefulness and adaptability of your applications.

    Easy to Maintain:

    Applications created in .NET only here and there require re-composing of code so as to add new modules or to incorporate any adjustment in the current framework. Along these lines, the time required for the adjustment procedure is diminished and accordingly, the upkeep cost acquired is additionally less.

    In the event that you have to make an element rich, very utilitarian, hearty and adaptable web application at point contact us Dot net development for the correct assets at the correct cost. We are serving more than 20Years in web development. If you are looking for the most trusted and effective asp.net application development, then Rajasri Systems located in Chennai has vast experience in application development.

    submitted by /u/clarke2106
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for sales tracking/reporting software?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 02:05 AM PDT

    I work for a small book company that sells hard copy and ebooks on a few different platforms. I'm having a hard time managing all the different sales reports that I get from each platform. I'm hoping someone has a suggestion on a program I can purchase that I can input/import excel sheets of sales data (date, title, amount, etc) and then be able to query the program for sales reports, like total sales in 2018, or total sales of title "xyz" in sept. of 2017. I'm searching online and all I'm finding are CRM tools, which isn't really my goal. I'm strictly looking for somewhere I can store my data, and then pull adhoc reports. I appreciate any suggestions!!

    submitted by /u/greenzucchin
    [link] [comments]

    Free seo analysis for small businesses

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 01:55 AM PDT

    Hello all small business owners. We are conducting a research about small business websites and my job is to do the SEO research for 30 small local businesses, full diagnostics for their websites, what's right and what's wrong? Why their competitors are ranking higher and what they can do to boost their rank on google. Also content, data structure and usability analysis. If you are interested plz send me a direct message and I'll do that for free.

    submitted by /u/mustaken
    [link] [comments]

    Fee distribution model, advice needed

    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 12:55 AM PDT

    Hello

    My names Matt and i'm currently working in Shanghai as a marketing intern for an internet start-up company. Being the only one who doesn't know how to code they naturally assigned me to a problem they've been trying to fix regarding their fee distribution model to stakers (tech term for "investors" essentially). They are the first company to develop a protocol for fully decentralized exchanges, they charge a 0.2% fee per exchange which are collected into a pool and currently disturbed as follows:

    70% to stakers

    20% to development fund

    10% for burning to increase value of their crypto coin

    Stakers have the option of locking their coins for 3, 6, 12 or 24 months with a heavy fee for early withdrawals.

    They have asked me to improve this model or create a new one that rewards stakers for locking up coins longer. The % to stakers can go up to 100% and have nothing going towards development fund or burning, they have other forms of income for those areas. My first idea was to create some kind of tier system for 3, 6, 12 and 24 months but the weighted averages of investors seems to make the margin between 3 and 24 too small to make a difference. Ive looked into American/European Waterfall distribution strategies but I seem to be lost. Does anyone have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/matthewb621
    [link] [comments]

    Customer Complaint 2 months after receiving our product - unknown to us was acting as an agent?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 09:03 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I have a weird one that we are not sure how to deal with.

    We custom made a product for a customer that they received in April, but only now they are contacting us with a list of complaints, and it appears the took our product and used it as part of their own finished product which they were then selling to a client.

    To clarify, it appears they purchased a custom decor piece from us which they then added to, framed, and sold to their own customer as a finished piece.

    The main complaint is:

    Our custom design came in pieces which then had to be assembled - we have clear communications with the customer telling them it will come in 6 pieces which they fit together, and all the information on the website says our product comes in pieces.

    Their customer is so unhappy that they are threatening to go public - I mean we can sympathise, that's not nice for anyone or business, but at the same time we are struggling to see how we would be able to help as we do not know what our customer promised to their customer.

    I am usually pretty good with customer complaints, but on this one, i'm a bit perplexed. Maybe i need another coffee but if anyone has words of wisdom or some good soundbites for an email, i'd very much appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/HadHerses
    [link] [comments]

    I think this is the best place for this question...

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 08:27 PM PDT

    Hello guys, I've been trying to think about this for a couple of months now and am in a dilemma.

    I own a hardware and construction tools and power tool store. Basically it's a store where you have to come if you are having any kind of renovation at your place or a DIY project. We have been in this business for the past 23 years and I've been trying to take this business on the national level.

    Two things come to mind... 1) I should simply start making an online presence for the curre current business and make an e-commerce website, do marketing and hope for the best.

    2) I should come up with a new name (a new brand) and take this to the national level. With this I get to have new positioning and a varied customer base from all of the country. But I have to start from scratch.

    At the moment, I am making an online presence (posting of social media) of the existing business and doing Google ads on the local level.

    What should be done, according to you?

    submitted by /u/GlazCoin
    [link] [comments]

    How do you handle employees doing side work?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 07:30 PM PDT

    I hired my first employee recently. Nice kid, fresh out of college. I'm paying him base (pretty much minimum wage) plus a commission when the jobs are finished. He works hard so he makes good money for a new grad.

    This week he approached me with a problem and when I asked what file it was for he told me it was a side project he was working on, I was a little blindsided so I gave him some advice and sent him on his way. But I feel like I need to have a conversation with him about the thin line between side work and stealing clients from the company.

    To be perfectly clear, he didn't steal a client. We do design and load calulations for mechanical systems in residential and commercial building, he went a step further and offered, for a fee, to tweak the floor plan of the building plans the client gave us as per the clients requests, along with a few other changes the client requested that we wouldn't normally take on, but could have worked into our scope. I'm not upset over this specific incident, but I'm worried next time he'll take a a full job on his own.

    I'm debating between

    Giving the go getter a raise, bump up his base and allow him to tack on work like this to our files and give him a large cut of the upsell. Basically try to keep his side work in house, take a small cut for the business and let the guy spread his wings.

    Telling him to focus on the task at hand and cut out the side work. We already have tight deadlines, I can't risk missing them because he's pumping his extra hours into a side project.

    How have you folks handled similar situations?

    submitted by /u/westcoastwisher
    [link] [comments]

    Business owners, how do you handle the numerous calls and drop ins of people always asking for us to donate our products for charity?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 07:21 PM PDT

    We own a successful coffee and food shop and are constantly bombarded with people asking for us to donate gift cards or products to their fundraisers. We don't want to seem unsupportive but if we donated to everyone, we would be out of business. Our business does give to our community and my wife and I have our designated charities we regularly support. I was wondering if someone has a solution to be able to help or a nice way of saying "no" without upsetting our customers and local organizations?

    submitted by /u/FDPerez1
    [link] [comments]

    How long does it 'typically' take for a new business to stand on its own feet? (i.e. financially)

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 07:04 PM PDT

    Assume a small business, even a professional practice (i.e. accountant), with 1-2 members (including owner), that is well managed. Assume no preexisting advantages (no connections, no outside help, etc.)

    Assuming full time investment, how long does it usually take to start making enough, that A) the owner does not need to add anymore money and, B) the business generates enough for the owner to live from its income?

    (are we talking a few months, or several years?)

    All are welcome to commend & advise - even if you don't fit the above description.

    Please share what you've seen/experienced.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sushilover19
    [link] [comments]

    Do i really need to start a business and do I need Licenses ?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 03:11 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have a friend who's parents don't have a job and they need some money. My friend's mom is an excellent cook and I really think she can start cooking up meals and find people in the neighborhood or offer up some working class people a good meal for a decent price and make some money on it.

    Does she need to create a LLC or a Corporation in New York City for this ? and Does she need to get her home kitchen tested for Rating from the Health Department and get permits and licenses ? All in All, Create a small Take out business from her home.

    Thanks for any insight.

    submitted by /u/SuccessfulDesi
    [link] [comments]

    How do small businesses do during a recession?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 06:10 PM PDT

    If you have personal experience on how your business did during the last recession, please comment.

    submitted by /u/OGchildsupport
    [link] [comments]

    Boosting marketing ROI

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    What are some general rules for boosting ROI from marketing?

    submitted by /u/3d_print_ing
    [link] [comments]

    Help with conversion rate and online sales!

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 04:18 PM PDT

    I have a small business (almost three years now) and I have a lot of return customers and wholesale accounts, I also do really well at markets.

    I want to drive more traffic to my site and improve my conversion rate. I have tried facebook/instagram ads that don't work and I don't want to invest money mindlessly into ads anymore.

    Any tips on improving this situation? I know I have great products that people love but I want more online sales!

    I recently added sets of products to my site and want to promote and sell them online.

    (I removed the link to my site so it doesn't come across as an ad - I'm looking for advice!)

    THANK YOU!!!

    submitted by /u/stresslessnatural
    [link] [comments]

    Spotting freight pickup scams?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 03:56 PM PDT

    Payroll company for 100+ employees

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 02:29 PM PDT

    I am looking for a payroll company (will not consider ADP or Paychex) when we grow beyond 100+ employees. I have used ADP previously and Paychex was extremly rude to me when I spoke with them. I rather reward small businesses than a large behemoth. I am looking for a smaller company like Gusto that don't charge arm and a leg like Justworks.

    I checked with Gusto but they are saying that they may have to decline our business if we grow over 100 employees. They were pretty easy to talk to and evaluate and seems like they know their stuff.

    If they have a timesheets integrated that would be a plus.

    submitted by /u/bmrdriver
    [link] [comments]

    Businesses Coaches

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 02:22 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I am going to meeting with a handful of business coaches this week and I am curious about other people's experiences. I've looked at a few articles, but I'm also not sure of what questions would be best to ask. In addition, I'm not sure what I need to compile about myself prior to the meetings. I've researched all the candidates chosen by my HR director, and just from their website I've mentally eliminated a few. I will of course still meet with them but their websites throw up a red flag for me.

    A little background: I am the third generation of a family business, the other generations have retired. I've worked in a variety of departments (Data Analyst, Cost Accountant, Developer) and I'm currently at a crossroads as to what I want my full 'career' to be.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/BusinessThrow7
    [link] [comments]

    Pre-signing checks

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 01:37 PM PDT

    I'm about to go on vacation and I've been encouraged to pre-sign checks to see that my employees get paid when I'm out. I was wondering if there's a way I can pre-sign but prevent the check from being written for too high of an amount. Like for example write somewhere on the check, "in-valid for any amount over $XXXX?"
    thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/ohsodave
    [link] [comments]

    Business name help please ��

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 01:29 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I've had a couple of photography businesses on the side whilst working full time but now I want to give it a proper go instead of treading water.

    I've proven to myself I can do it as I've been hired as a wedding photographer several times so now I want to set up properly and I can't decide on a business name!

    I want to use something other than my actual name and was wondering if anyone had any tips for how they came up with their business name?

    Thanks in advance :-)

    submitted by /u/dogsofnotts
    [link] [comments]

    Any mechanic shop owners here?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 01:01 PM PDT

    Any people in here running mechanic shops? Got some questions about starting and if it's worth it or not

    submitted by /u/royd123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment