• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 8, 2019

    Never pay for advertising with Yelp. small business

    Never pay for advertising with Yelp. small business


    Never pay for advertising with Yelp.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 06:17 PM PDT

    They may claim $15/day maximum, but then they charge you $65/click.

    If you've just started advertising with them, CANCEL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

    submitted by /u/HordeofSheep
    [link] [comments]

    For anyone just getting started, be careful who you work with

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 11:46 AM PDT

    Over the course of the last few weeks, I've had to deal with an issue which both blindsided me and made me wary of who I choose to do business with. Now that I can look at the situation objectively, I figured I'd share my experience in the event someone else finds it insightful.

    My business is small and I had only one marketing strategist who I relied on fairly heavily. A few weeks ago, they gave their two weeks notice. Despite knowing the loss, I was fine with their decision, as I understand that people sometimes just need to move on. So I said my thank yous and began their exit process with no issue.

    Fast forward a week later and I find out that they're actually leaving due to a job offer (being poached) from an agency we were then currently employing. This by itself was not what got to me, I know that no explanation or warning was owed and for the sake of confidentiality and professionalism, nothing was ever disclosed during the entire hiring process. What got under my skin though, was the callousness the agency's owner effortlessly demonstrated in rending such a valuable resource from my fledgling business for his own gain.

    They were quite willing to sacrifice our operation to benefit their own, even despite us being a paying customer.

    Take this for what it is, my gripe is against his complete and utter abandonment of any moral or ethical center. Yes, in the business world, sometimes the harshest realities are the most common. Regardless, maybe due to my naivety, it still came as a shock to me that someone so in tune with our tiny, slow growing organization, could so easily choose to put us in a vulnerable position.

    What really dug the knife in deeper was that when I spoke to him (with great civility might I add) to discuss bringing the working relationship to a close, he alluded to the fact that he knew our operations would face an impact over the coming weeks. To which his best suggestion was - they'd be happy to help. When that veil got lifted, I assumed their goal was to secure us as a paying customer for longer, knowing that we could no longer handle marketing internally.

    Truth be told, I hold no ill-will or even anger to either them or my previous employee, but suffice it to say, moving forward I'll probably find myself less compelled to be so blindly trusting. I may have been angry when it all happened but you know what?...

    Business is business.

    Long story short, for any business owners out there looking to hire vendors for services, be mindful of the fact that nobody owes you anything. Regardless of the type or depth of relationship you might think you have, there are just some people who won't hesitate to screw you over.

    Sorry if the point made was an obvious one to anyone who has been in business longer than I have, but hopefully, anyone just getting started may find some value in seeing this harsh life truth in context.

    If anyone has ever had a situation like this happen to them, I'd love to hear about it in the comments. How did you deal with it and what lessons did you come away with?

    submitted by /u/theartofgk
    [link] [comments]

    What do you wish or have automated in your business?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 05:45 AM PDT

    Automation in your business. Tasks that are done on your computer that could save you a lot of time if the computer could just do it for you.

    Things like reading CSVs & creating reports.

    Alerting you when a competitors prices go up or down.

    Sending you a list of items from your local Craigslist that you could use in your shop or flip

    submitted by /u/getbackmytime
    [link] [comments]

    What business did you end up doing that 'clicked'?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 09:55 PM PDT

    I have ideas of doing things in different industries but know that my lack of passion or knowledge would really show in the outcome. Too much intricate planning for marketing to unfamiliar industry consumers. I am not passionate or driven to sell for example furniture or bicycles than I am of personal type items like shoes or clothing accessories.

    What business did you do that you either were really talent in, or everything 'clicked' in place?

    submitted by /u/ShoemakingHobbyist
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a high yield savings account for my small business

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 08:42 PM PDT

    My wife and I run a small business and are looking to put some of the business savings into a better account than our Chase Business HYSA which yields a whopping .03% interest. I have a personal Amex HYSA but I'm wondering if I should open a separate account for the business and if Amex is a good way to go, since it's specifically called a personal savings account.

    submitted by /u/jewseppi
    [link] [comments]

    Restaurant Billing software in Chennai

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 12:18 AM PDT

    If you want get more control, sales and happy customers then go for Restaurant Billing software, Maintain your restaurant or shops inventory in easier manner by the help of this new generation software as well as helps in superior controlling of your establishment due to its exclusive and advanced reporting features. . If you search for the best place to buy a Restaurant Billing software in Chennai is the best place for it, there are a lot of companies provides the best service.

    submitted by /u/keerthiroy
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone own a pawn shop?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 12:15 PM PDT

    I've been really considering opening up a pawn shop and just looking around to see if there's anyone who might have any information on it. Love making money off loans!! Done it several times for family and friends.

    submitted by /u/Businessman88
    [link] [comments]

    What do you include in a sales folder/packet?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 10:21 PM PDT

    I am creating a sales folder/packet. I know a brochure, business card, and a faq is helpful. Would else would you suggest?

    I don't have a company video yet so I would not be able to include that.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/abreakfromwork
    [link] [comments]

    People who found social media (instagram and facebook in particular) super useful on your main website, how did it came to be? How did you structure it?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 06:17 PM PDT

    Might just be me but I rarely stumble across websites who have instagram (for example) integrated into their site.

    By integrated, I mean, the images are there, the feed is there, both site and insta account go hand-in-hand.

    I'm considering switching away from WP but they also have plug-ins for insta and FB. Might be worth taking a look since I'm managing a event and, crazy haircuts, balloons small business. And we do get a lot of pictures. Just gotta figure out if it's going to hurt us more or not at all. I could tell them to just like from our webpage for example.

    submitted by /u/raynorpreneur
    [link] [comments]

    I think we need a CRM, never used one before though. Looking for recommendations.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 06:30 AM PDT

    TLDR: Need help running my Dad's business. What CRM is best?

    I started work for my dad's small packaging company 2 years ago and I work alongside 5 people who are VERY technophobic. They have been in this job now for between 10 and 25 years. Nothing has changed for them in this time.

    I've come along and can see us leaking haemorrhaging leads left, right, and centre. I'm a former web developer so quite tech savvy and I'm doing what I can with our website and other in-house tech stuff, as well as day-to-day management.

    I want to make us more efficient, and accountable for mistakes, as well as seeing which areas of the business we do well and not-so-well in.

    Currently, the emails from our website go straight to these members of staff, and I have seen on several occasions these members of staff pick and choose which emails to reply to, they have even deleted some emails. I want this to become a thing of the past.

    I have of course raised this, and other concerns, with my Dad, but he's unwilling to do anything about it. so it's up to me.

    Having a CRM, I thought, could make us more efficient. We have a new phone system coming in a month and if this new CRM could integrate with that then that would be great. I'd also want my staff to leave detailed notes regarding every contact they have with any customer.

    We have a woocommerce website, we use Sage 50 accounts that runs very slowly as we've never done any maintenance on it, we use GMail and I'm trying in vain to get them to use Google Drive and Docs.

    I want a CRM that leaves a trail of all conversations with our customers, a CRM that logs all the emails, sales, products ordered, and stores all the quotes we send to customers and makes us chase these quotes, has excellent reporting and other things I don't know about. What could we use?

    submitted by /u/CloggyDutch
    [link] [comments]

    if I wanted to make an external product to add to a car would it have to be approved through various regulations?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:54 PM PDT

    if I wanted to make an external product to add to a car would it have to be approved through various regulations? Would it have to be approved by bit corporates? Or can I sell things like this without being held liable if something were to happen?

    submitted by /u/Saintmelo
    [link] [comments]

    During a desperate time for my small business I took on a merchant cash advance. I recently stopped the auto debit and need advice.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 06:01 PM PDT

    I was in a situation needing the cash advance to stay afloat, but learned the hard way about the incredibly high interest rate and weekly payments, and just got killed paying this thing back.

    To keep my business from running out of money, I stopped the ACH debit recently.

    I think the ideal scenario from my point of view would be to settle the account with them for less than what is owed, or to renegotiate a longer term or a much lower rate.

    All that said, I was in a dire situation and had to stop the payment. I knew they would start calling and getting aggressive (which they have), threatening loudly to sue us, and I'm just seeking advice on the best way to proceed.

    The MCA company is located out of state.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/coffeeadaydoctoraway
    [link] [comments]

    Is security deposit used for repairs when you vacate?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 05:29 PM PDT

    Lets say your deposit was 20k and it cost 5k to repair the place after you vacate, then landlord gives you back 15k or you get back 20k as soon as u vacate?

    submitted by /u/spitfire9107
    [link] [comments]

    Money Transfer Flows Around the World

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 03:45 PM PDT

    Government Procurement

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 03:25 PM PDT

    I own and operate a small IT services business. I was advised by a friend of mine to take up procurement, and I signed up with my state government procurement and I've been watching requests for proposals go by.

    What should I know about submitting bids, procuring, and submitting proposals? Do I want to be Primary Contractor or Subcontractor? Some seem to be above my weight class, like outfitting the Senate with 100,00 new computers or whatever, but some, like upgrading software at a local DOT office seem to be doable. What should I know, or is this just a goose chase?

    submitted by /u/tekeous
    [link] [comments]

    Who's liable for lost keys?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 01:59 PM PDT

    In an independent contractor and business relationship. If the business allows the contractor to borrow keys are they liable for the keys or is it the contractor?

    submitted by /u/anxietyhippie
    [link] [comments]

    As a contractor through an agency, can I ask to be paid as an LLC with elected S-Corp Taxation?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 08:56 AM PDT

    I received an offer from K2 Partnering Solutions for a 12 month contract at $115/hr at Facebook in Menlo Park, CA.

    A colleague of mine suggested that I should look into incorporating an LLC and electing for S-Corp Taxation to be exempt from income taxes.

    K2 mentioned that I would be a W2 Employee, but can I request to be paid through my LLC instead to potentially save on taxes?

    If anyone has some experience with this kind of scenario I would greatly appreciate it.

    I have reached out to a few small business tax accountants for a consultation, but am waiting to hear back.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/__arc
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap/reliable equipment recommendatio

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 12:40 PM PDT

    Hi, I've been scouring the internet for a decent price gun and a set of 4 bar stool chairs for my business and can't seem to find things that are well priced and are worth it.

    I am looking for a simple price gun that will print price stickers on my merchandise (no need for barcode or anything fancy)

    For the bar stools I'm looking for something decently looking and sturdy that will last a while.

    I'm also looking for cheap ink for my printer. I've heard of using refined carriages but I've also heard they're not compatible with printers as they are read as empty cartridges by the printer software.

    Any website recommendations I can get these things from? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/7ABTAIN
    [link] [comments]

    Master's degree data collection

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 12:29 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I'm a master's student studying business and I need entrepreneurs for my study! It's a simple 5 minute questionnaire on personality traits and is completely confidential.

    I would be truly grateful for anyone who could find the time to answer as it would help massively!

    Thank you.

    Link:

    https://plymouthbusiness.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5yzJof0e1P5dlQh

    submitted by /u/Hipzi
    [link] [comments]

    Ah-ha moments??

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    Would love to hear what your ah-ha moment was, that put you on a track to start a small business? Was it a novel idea, was it something you had worked on for year? I have figured out my lifelong dream is to work for myself. So I'd love to hear some success stories!!

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/The_wonderlic_kid
    [link] [comments]

    How to tell if a new product is worth reordering?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 08:26 AM PDT

    I can tell which product is selling well and what product sells the most for a specific week or month. But how do you decide when a product is worth having in your store. Is there a mathematical calculation to do this? Is it just something you leave to others to do?

    I hired some programmers to create a more robust sales application for me and I'm trying to figure out how is the best way to figure out whether a item is worth having in stock.

    So I was just wondering if there's an industry standard formula that business owners use.

    submitted by /u/petesapai
    [link] [comments]

    Sourcing Components

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 11:37 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I'm currently working on a business plan and trying to source some of the components I need is rather difficult, I'm looking at things like PC fans and fountain water pumps, is there anywhere you could suggest to looking?

    I've checked Alibaba but it makes me nervous.

    submitted by /u/SalmonSmokedSalmon
    [link] [comments]

    If I am the sole member/owner of an LLC, and I receive freelance contracts where I personally am on the contract, but not the LLC itself, does that count as income for the LLC?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 11:05 AM PDT

    Sorry if this is complicated, I'll try to explain as short and succinct as possible:

    I started an LLC that provides a photography service. I'm the sole member and owner. My business comes from PPC and organic search.

    Prior to the founding of the LLC, I have also personally received (and continue to) freelance work from about 5 different companies. They are all setup the same, where I signed a freelance contract using my personal info and not the LLCs. Can this income count as income the LLC has earned, or is it technically personal/soleproprietor income?

    submitted by /u/mithrilpoop
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment