• Breaking News

    Friday, June 7, 2019

    Anybody else had their personality totally change because of sales? Sales and Selling

    Anybody else had their personality totally change because of sales? Sales and Selling


    Anybody else had their personality totally change because of sales?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 09:34 AM PDT

    I used to be a pretty introverted dude who preferred staying at home all day than socialize. However, because of this, my social skills were pretty horrible lol. After realizing having social skills is a huge component to a successful life, I decided to give sales a shot. I got into a direct selling position where I had to approach numerous people a day and pitch them. The amount of rejection I got was enormous, I wanted to quit from day one hahaha. However, I didn't quit and I got some closes here and there, which boosted my confidence.

    After only 6 months of this, I went from asocial hermit to social butterfly. I can now have small talk with anybody and I'm absolutely loving this new me. I used to think that the ability to sell and be social was something you were born with, but that is simply not true.

    Anybody else went through a similar transformation?

    submitted by /u/BlackberryDaddy
    [link] [comments]

    Turning a negative into a positive

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 09:34 PM PDT

    A bit of a lurker and have been in sales for a while. But recently I've hit a bit of a dry patch. But something happened today that changed my whole perspective on the struggles we can face in sales.

    I had a luncheon with a potential new customer scheduled and was rather excited because I just came off from losing a potentially game changing client because we were not able to offer the one thing they wanted desperately for a report. The reason being, it would no longer really separate it 100% from our higher priced report and upper management said no.

    Fast forward to today and still raw I go into this meeting hopeful but not too optimistic. As I'm waiting for the key decision makers to walk in some of the staff started talking to me about how they had already bought the product from a different vendor not 6 months ago and weren't sure they were even looking. Now I've heard of places just taking luncheons to get the food and to just nod their head. But I began to get extremely angry (internally) because I thought that this is what they were doing. As I waited for the decision makers I considered getting up and walking out, leaving the food because hey they just spent X amount of the product 6 months ago and this is going fall on deaf ears.

    But the more I thought about it, the angrier I got, and the more determined I got to speak with them. I told myself I'm not leaving this office without a win. I'm turning this from a negative to a positive.

    Boyyyyy did I make the right choice. My anger from losing one of the largest accounts I would have pulled in for myself and for my company and from believing I was getting used for lunch drove me to a new level. Not only do I think I put on the best sales pitch of my career but I walked out of that office with a signed contract to service the account. Proving my product was better at ever question, objection and turn. Money no longer became an obstacle for them after I laid out the entire model and the intricacies that could not only save them money, but help them make 5x the amount they are currently making with Vendor X.

    Bottom line always stay even when you think the worst because you can always turn a negative to a positive. I did today and it made my recent dry spell seem a whole lot shorter because of the feeling I got when I walked out of that office. Turning the negative to a positive and having an extended 2 hour meeting with the CEO and CFO after the lunch.

    Sorry for the little rant. But I felt like it was inspiring to me. So maybe it can inspire others knowing to stay and try you hardest to turn that perceived negative into a positive.

    Cheers and happy selling!

    submitted by /u/tisnf
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys have any other suggestions on better tools?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 11:28 AM PDT

    Here are some of the tools I am using for sales and why. I would love to get some suggestions on similar tools that are the best bang for my buck.

    Crunchbase Pro- Great for prospecting companies. They have one of the best up to date info on fundings. You can get super surgical with the searches by filtering company size, funding, location, industry...etc.

    Salesforce- Everyone and their mommas use Salesforce as their CRM. They have been in the game for a while and have great integrations. It allows you to stay organize and be more streamlined with other platforms. Using Salesforce definitely give you more options to work with other platforms which allows you to be more flexible. I see a lot of companies start with Pipedrive ( probably because of budget) and then move to Salesforce at the end.

    LinkedIn Sales Navigator- This is a must-have. LinkedIn has one of the best up to date information you can find on somebody. Granted there are other platforms that people live on as well but just in terms of overall usage, LinkedIn has a huge active user base. Furthermore, LinkedIn Sales Navigator integrates with Salesforce so when you are on an account in Salesforce you can set it up where you can see people that work for the account on Salesforce's web application.

    Mixmax- This is basically Salesloft, Yesware, Calendly, Google Hangouts, and Zapier combined. They are a productivity tool that helps you create sequences (which include emails, calls, tasks, and LinkedIn messages), track open click rates, create meeting links, and my favorite... create rule engines. It's a way to automate a lot of your daily day tasks and gain more visibility. I have a rule where if someone opens my emails 3 times it will automatically send out a slack notification to me. Another rule I have set up is, when someone cancels a meeting with me, it will automatically send up a follow-up template, and text my personal number notifying me.

    ZoomInfo- I'm not too ecstatic about ZoomInfo but I still think it is pretty useful. People mainly use this to find contact information on a prospect and push data (like titles, company, phone numbers, emails..etc) into Salesforce. I notice sometimes the info can be old and you will need to update the titles and company but I think it still saves you a lot of time. It works hand in hand with LinkedIn Sales Navigator so you can push LinkedIn profiles directly into Salesforce.

    Hiretual- I would say this is a bonus contact finding tool. If you cannot find contacts on ZoomInfo, use Hiretual. They are great at finding personal contact info. All you have to do is download their chrome extension and they will give you 10 free personal contacts per week. Super easy to use. You can use the chrome extension on a PUBLIC LinkedIn profile to find contacts and analytics.

    I know there are a lot of great tools out there but this is the current tool stack I am rocking with right now.

    submitted by /u/TD4rm408
    [link] [comments]

    Do you guys proceed with interview process, knowing that compensation is less?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 11:24 AM PDT

    For me, there would have to be a tremendous host of other benefits to even remotely consider accepting less than what I currently get.

    submitted by /u/sparks_mandrill
    [link] [comments]

    Headhunter reached out

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    I've been with my current company for about 6 months. I had a headhunter reach out offering me a position at Xerox. When we started going over everything we quickly realized what she was offering didn't compare with what I had.

    How often is it that these people will reach out with offers that are below our current postion?

    submitted by /u/TheGooseey
    [link] [comments]

    Impactful Email

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 05:02 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I needed a few email template example for cold emailing. I am trying to sell a loan origination software.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/mri9na9nk4
    [link] [comments]

    First sales job and haven't made a sale yet

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:16 AM PDT

    Just started my first sales job for a printing company ( POP packaging, banners, signs, etc.) I really enjoy the company and the idea of my job. One week down and I feel I have no leads and done nothing but lead voicemails, is this normal starting out? could it be something Im not doing correctly or well enough?

    submitted by /u/moshingpandas
    [link] [comments]

    How long is your phone sales cycle

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 05:45 AM PDT

    Question for all my hustling brothers our their.

    1.How long and and how many times will you call a prospect on the phone without ever reaching them before you give up.

    1. After making first contact with a prospect, how long will you keep calling him before you give up because your not getting any business.
    submitted by /u/freightbroker222
    [link] [comments]

    Welp i was laid off

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 06:16 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Came here to vent a bit. i worked as a BDR at a big tech giant for 7 months. I was on a product that had been under-performing for several years. They laid off a lot of people and finally got rid of the product.

    Nonetheless my performance was pretty "middle of the pack." Wasn't great and wasn't too bad either. We had a pretty heavy round of layoffs and so I among many others were let go.. yay.

    So I am not here to feel sorry for myself... not really anyway. Wanted to see what you guys think I should do.

    1. Find another SDR job. I would imagine I have a ton of options here as I have experience from a big brand named company.

    1. Swing for an AE job. I would imagine most AE jobs I would be able to obtain
      from my position would totally suck.

    What do you guys think someone in my position should do? Let me know.

    submitted by /u/lostinthesauce129129
    [link] [comments]

    100k starting SDR package in Silicon Valley

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 11:26 AM PDT

    I just graduated from school and was offered 70k (base) with 30k (OTE) to sell a SaaS cyber security platform at a startup. They also gave an equity package. Is this an ideal pay range for breaking into the industry? My COL is about 1800 a month with rent and food.

    submitted by /u/CA-ClosetApostate
    [link] [comments]

    On the fence about changing jobs, help me decide

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:09 AM PDT

    Quick Rundown:

    • Hired by current company right out of college as SDR
    • Promoted after 1 year to AE
    • Been AE for almost 2 years
    • Work at one of the largest business software companies in the world

    The solutions I sell are critical for growing companies and demonstrating value/ROI is possible through efficiency improvements, better reporting, and cost-avoidance (relevance to come). My first year as an AE was great. I was a top performer and got my name out. Going on my second year, the company introduced a new territory segment that cut my addressable market by nearly 75%, but quota went up. I went from getting multiple inbound qualified leads every week to getting zero. It took me a while to generate outbound pipeline. I got in some big upsells and a few new deals, but my performance is nothing like last year's. Outbound leads just don't seem to have the same urgency and close for less money.

    This, combined with a new office location with a brutal commute, a not so great manager, and high turnover on my team has led me to consider taking an opportunity at another company. I'm engaged with one that is a much smaller company (450 employees, late-stage startup) in the cyber security space. Their product isn't critical, doesn't solve major pain like I'm used to, and is basically creating a new market. It would be almost 100% outbound as well. I'm concerned about the difference in company size, but my main concern is not being able to sell the value of the product and the risk of creating a new market. Has anyone went from selling a need-to-have to a nice-to-have? I know that whatever you're selling is a need-to-have, cause we're in sales, but some products just aren't mission critical.

    Should I stick it out with my current company since I know the product well and it's value? I've never changed companies before and had a full year as an SDR to learn my current product. Am I crazy to start fresh?

    This sub has been super helpful for me and I've done my best to contribute when I have something to offer. Appreciate any advice!

    submitted by /u/joeschmo28
    [link] [comments]

    Web agency seeking for lead generation expert

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 10:45 AM PDT

    I am more technical person thus I prefer spending more time in development rather than acquiring clients. I am looking for someone who is good at lead generation(closing deals) yet not sure where to look for. I am willing to pay hourly plus commission per successfully acquired customer. Should I start posing ad on craigslist(indeed) or is there any better site where I can easily find such an expert?

    submitted by /u/almosamofas
    [link] [comments]

    Tool to analyse social media following

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 10:34 AM PDT

    Does anyone know of any tools that enable you to upload a list of companies, for instance, and then it gives you the numbers of the followers it has across various social media channels?

    submitted by /u/winstonoboogie1
    [link] [comments]

    Freight Brokers

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 06:17 AM PDT

    Has anybody a Freight Broker out their and is willing to give any tips for success in their job?

    submitted by /u/freightbroker222
    [link] [comments]

    Could really do with help / a brainstorm!

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 09:51 AM PDT

    I've just started a sales job within the property and construction industry. It is cold calling and the aim of my call is to get a meeting with the client.

    We can only sell to people whom are moving office space.

    We get our leads from market intelligence sources whom provide us with a list of companies relocating in London on a weekly basis.

    The problem is every single one of my competitors (10-20 others) gets this information too.

    When I do get through to a prospect they've most likely been called so many times already that day / week.... half the time i can't even finish my pitch......

    Any tips / ideas to stand out from my competitors to keep the prospect on the phone and secure a meeting?

    edit: When I say we get given leads, its just market Intel. So the name of the company, how much square foot they are looking to take & what area of London they are looking. I use LinkedIn to get decision makers name.

    edit 2: We are an architectural/ design / workplace consultancy. So simply we design and build peoples offices. Hence we can only sell to prospects actually moving office.

    submitted by /u/pizzalover9a
    [link] [comments]

    Discovery Questions for IT Needs

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    Hoping someone can help!

    I have a final round interview for my first sales role at my dream company. Part of the interview is role play with the senior account mgr.

    What are some discovery questions for assessing someone's IT Infrastructure needs?

    How would you structure the meeting?

    submitted by /u/slippy_b
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an equivelant of levels.fyi for SaaS Salaries?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 08:11 AM PDT

    Levels.fyi is a website that shows salaries of different tech positions.

    Is there anything like this for tech sales? The closest I can find is Glassdoor, but that doesn't break down the base and variable.

    submitted by /u/MarathonTortoise
    [link] [comments]

    Would it be worth staying at a MLM job as a student?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 05:59 AM PDT

    I work under innovage for a third party "marketing" job but in reality have read everything about the devils corp, although as a student was wondering if it was worth it to stay just for the sales experience and the money.

    The commission is $200 per sale and im pretty good at sales, the company is pushing for me to become a "leader" but I don't buy into that bullshit and just want to focus on making as much money as possible so I don't want to train others.

    Would it be worth it to stay just for the commission based pay and experience to put on a resume?

    I'm a student just working for the summer.

    submitted by /u/h0ang
    [link] [comments]

    {firstname} is now a connection. H E L P

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 05:05 AM PDT

    Hello guys. I have a problem for the last 3 days I suppose. Earlier this week, when someone accepted my connection request I received a message, that person has accepted it, and could send him another message quickly. Now the problem is they are not shown in my messages, but still accept connections. How can I change this? What's the problem with it?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Responsible_Piano
    [link] [comments]

    Car sales

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 07:43 PM PDT

    What's it like to do car sales?

    Pros/cons...

    Is it a 100% commission sales job or does it differ depending on dealer/location?

    submitted by /u/Mikebrianemailguy
    [link] [comments]

    What’s kind of sales Can I do next?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 06:40 PM PDT

    I've been in car sales for about 2 years now. I made $72k last year and on track to be $90-$100k this year. I'm 21 years old and I have a wife and a 1 year old kid. So the money is enough for now. But I work ever single day. Every weekend. I have a passion and drive, and working long hours is not a problem for me. I just think that if I'm selling another product I can make more money and a better career path. The managers and the owner made it clear that they have a place for me at the company if I keep up the great work, but I just don't know how long that would be. I've been thinking about real estate. But not sure. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/ArtemTatar
    [link] [comments]

    Where to start

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 09:10 PM PDT

    I've been in sales for three years selling vacuums. Now I'm not with this company anymore.

    I enjoy the sales process, I have a track record of success. Personal issues with management is forcing me to leave.

    I'm young I'm only 20 years old but I wonder where to go from here. There's a company that wants me to go to Costco and sell DirecTV that I'm considering.

    I can't work at a car dealership because I have a speeding ticket last year of 45 over.

    What jobs should I be looking for so I can advance? I always see people in this sub making 150k a year and that is my goal. How did you become successful to the point where you are?

    submitted by /u/ConvertibleSpuds
    [link] [comments]

    About to graduate from college, want to eventually get into medical device sales

    Posted: 06 Jun 2019 07:57 PM PDT

    I'm currently a general science major/chemistry minor who's graduating from college in about a week and a half. I eventually want to work in medical device sales and have been hearing a lot of mixed advice as to how to best get there, as many companies tend to hire people with at least some sales experience (I currently have none). I've been looking into different kinds of sales jobs and programs, mostly technical recruiter jobs, a few payroll services, and enterprise rent-a-car's management training program. I'm wondering if anyone on this sub has experience with jobs like these & the transition from these jobs to a medical device sales role, and which kind of job/what I'm selling in each would give me the best experience and a leg up when I want to transfer to med device sales.

    I very much appreciate any insight you guys can give me!

    submitted by /u/DeepHausDad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment