• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 8, 2019

    Advice needed: carriers are refusing to insure new home because we are more than five miles from a fire station (in NY State)! Insurance

    Advice needed: carriers are refusing to insure new home because we are more than five miles from a fire station (in NY State)! Insurance


    Advice needed: carriers are refusing to insure new home because we are more than five miles from a fire station (in NY State)!

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 04:18 PM PDT

    [Ohio] Auto accident, concussion, settlement advice

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 11:07 PM PDT

    I was involved in an auto accident on my commute home from work while completely stopped at a stop light. Other driver struck the rear of my SUV at ~40 mph, destroying the rear end, and it needed to be towed from the scene.

    The other driver admitted to be distracted by his phone at the time of the accident, and this is also specifically cited in the police report. Police report also cites the driver for lane violation, and driving with a suspended license. The insurance policy for the car and driver is valid (his parents policy, kid is a teenager).

    I was not treated on scene but the following day went to the hospital at my wife's urging and was diagnosed with a concussion and whip lash. I missed 2 days of work, and after returning I was not "myself" for several more working days.

    I've been dealing with mood swings, headaches, and really messed up sleep schedule, all greatly impacting my life as I have 4 children under 4 years old, the youngest 2 being 3 week old twins.

    I'm trying to be proactive as I build my settlement case, as I really am not interested in going to court or milking this beyond what is reasonable and fair. I've had to hire extra help for my wife and young children, and medical bills which have exact value, etc. however I'm not sure how to quantify pain and suffering, or to truly represent the pain in the ass this has been for my growing family. Headaches are still occurring daily and doc says this is to be expected, and I'm seeing chiro regularly for whip lash.

    So, given the facts of the case, the at fault drivers reckless driving (driving at all on a suspended license), the physical damage to my person as well as the impact this has had and is having on my family, how can I present a reasonable settlement demand that will be respected by the insurance adjuster?

    submitted by /u/explorerzam
    [link] [comments]

    Two “qualifying life events” coming up- when should I change insurance?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:50 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant and 23 years old. I'm still on my parents insurance because the plan is great and my dad pays next to nothing for it. I'm getting married in August, and due in October. I'm wondering when would be better to switch insurance, as from what I understand, my baby can't be on my dads insurance. I hesitate to switch during my pregnancy incase something goes wrong and I'm stuck with a huge bill or my OB is no longer in network. But I'm also hesitant to wait until after the baby is born. I'm not really 100% sure what the best course of action is here. My fiancé and I are waiting until August to request information for plans/costs for both our jobs to see who's job can offer better insurance. Any advice here?

    submitted by /u/squabble123
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance savings on Gated Driveway

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:12 PM PDT

    Are there any insurance companies that offer savings for a gated driveway? I have a fenced yard with a remote access automated driveway gate. It would be nice to be rewarded for having extra security at my home.

    submitted by /u/Tenacious_Dad
    [link] [comments]

    Calling all Cat Adjusters....

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 02:11 PM PDT

    I know that down time is a very precious thing when deployed. Once everything is taken care of professionally and personally, ie appointments set, laundry done, what do you do to relax?

    submitted by /u/Busted_Toad
    [link] [comments]

    Whole Life Insurance Scam?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 09:56 AM PDT

    Location: Southern USA So essentially, my 70 yo father recently purchased some whole life insurance through Lincoln Heritage for about 13,000. After doing the math, if he doesn't die within the next five or six years we start losing money. He's also currently been re-diagnosed with cancer. When the agent was at our house discussing options I was visibly suspicious. I asked him several questions and sometimes he would get overly defensive so I'm kind of wary as to if my dad got scammed. I'm still a teenager so I'm not super informed regarding insurance but overall I know whole life wasn't very good but I'm not sure if that applies to seniors in poor health. I asked if term would've been a better option and he told me that since my dad has cancer and shit health basically no term life insurance would cover him. The first year if my father dies, we get all payments paid + 10% interest, 2nd year it increases to 20%, then in the 3rd year the full 13,000 kicks in. Did my dad get taken advantage or is this truly the best option given health and age? For further clarity, several insurance agencies have already declined my father but I'm not sure if they were whole life or term. Any responses are greatly appreciated!

    Also, he mentioned that the payout for term is usually less than one percent vs his company's 99%. Is that a lie?

    submitted by /u/tearfulchicken
    [link] [comments]

    (auto) worth it to see if I can get possible hail damage covered by comprehensive?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:08 PM PDT

    I had an end of lease car inspection, and the inspector said that I have hail damage. $1,200 of roof and hood dings, one almost 9 inches apparently.

    I spoke with my insurance agent, and she said that I should only go for it if I can get a reputable shop confirm that all, or most, dings happened during one event, which makes perfect sense.

    If a reputable shop doesn't believe that the majority or all of the damage happened at the same time, then no further questions, I'll just have to pay out of pocket.

    But if they do, what are the chances that the insurance inspector will disagree and refuse the claim (as one claim)? Will they fight me on it, or will they accept the official opinion of a "reputable" shop? I tried to get a referral to one they trust, but they said that they don't do that.

    submitted by /u/recercar
    [link] [comments]

    (MI) fender bender/side swipe with uninsured driver

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 10:16 PM PDT

    I was involved in a fender bender tonight. I was pulling out of a parking lot turning right behind a passing transport truck. Once I got into my lane, another car (he didn't see me and I didn't see him) tried to merge from his left lane to my right lane, and we collided.

    I pulled onto a side street, and he made me call the cops after he carried on about me being young and texting and driving (although I'm pretty sure he was talking on the phone, because he did the entire time we waited for the cop to come).

    My front bumper is pushed up and off, and my front fender is pushed up, as well. I can fix it at home. The other driver thinks his car is totalled, even though he drove it, refused a tow, and has previous damage on the car. He also doesn't own his car. He's driving a friend's car and didn't have insurance or registration to give to the cop.

    The cop was older, asked me one question, spoke to the other guy three times, and then gave me a warning. The warning has my car color wrong, and the direction we were going wrong under a failure to yield.

    I'm worried about insurance premiums, even though Michigan is a no fault state. If he makes a claim, how high will my premium go up? His damage looks like less than $700, and his car is a junker, while mine is probably 5-7 years newer with no damage

    Tl;Dr: how badly will a guy driving someone else's car with an incorrect police report affect my insurance if I don't make a claim but the owner of that car does?

    submitted by /u/jupitersely
    [link] [comments]

    New Landlord in VA with Allstate LL policy. Heat pump and copper pipe stolen from vacant prop.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 08:31 PM PDT

    Hi! So I bought a house to live in, but then decided to fix it up and rent it out. Been working on it for almost a year. Switched to landlord insurance about 3 months ago. Came to work on it today and found that my new ($4k) heat pump and copper pipes have been stolen from the basement.

    Not sure if the insurance company is gonna pay for anything if the house was vacant. Need advice if ya can. TIA :) :(

    submitted by /u/drainstorm
    [link] [comments]

    I just accidentally scratched a person's car in the parking lot. How bad does this look and how much will I most likely pay for the damage?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 08:02 PM PDT

    I just scratched the paint of someone else's car at a parking lot by accident after I tried to park in a hurry. I'm pretty worried about it because the insurance of the truck I drive is still under my father's name and I don't know exactly how much I'll have to pay for a scratch like this.

    http://imgur.com/OqkWDLM

    http://imgur.com/9Rij2xi

    I just hope it doesn't jump up the insurance rate for my father by a lot.

    submitted by /u/JLG1995
    [link] [comments]

    Total a drivable car - and car value exceed my underinsured limit

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 09:18 AM PDT

    HI guys, WA multi-car accident here.

    Previously I asked some questions about getting a repair estimate. Now I am at the stage of let my insurance company repair it with my underinsured coverage, since the at fault company gave a low repair estimate and exceeded their policy limit.

    Turns out the repair shop said the repair cost is 80%+ than the car's value so it would be totaled. But it is drivable, and nothing looks wrong other than the bumpers - they were saying something is damaged at the frame.

    My underinsured limit is 10k, they said the car is worth 14k - at fault insurance said their max amount for my car is 2k. (they said this before I have taken the car to the shop, when they estimated the repair cost to be 2k)

    My insurance guy said "let me find out more what we can do", I am worried. I don't have collision coverage, so the underinsured was my back up plan.

    Any advice on what to do would be appreciated!!!

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/new_name_jackson
    [link] [comments]

    Domestic relationship

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 06:23 PM PDT

    Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if Blue Cross Blue Shield allows all domestic relationship for their insurance in minnesota?

    submitted by /u/giraffe2002
    [link] [comments]

    Broker & Agency Claim Services

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 06:12 PM PDT

    Brokers, agents, producers, marketers, account representatives and claim professionals of r/insurance...

    What does your team do really well with servicing your clients from the claims perspective? How do they do it (structure, process, people, etc.)?

    Who of your competitors or peers does claim service the best and why?

    Do you see claim service as an essential part of your office's service offering, something that might be nice, or...

    Just trying to understand some other perspectives from around the profession!

    submitted by /u/userTony
    [link] [comments]

    insurance estamate negotiation help please

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 05:37 PM PDT

    i am in the process of negotiating with an insurance adjuster after the accident i posted about a couple days ago and even though they are my insurance company because other insurance(progressive) denied my claim. now i am trying to get my vehicle fixed and they want to use aftermarket(cheaper) parts to fix my truck and i have told them that i purchased a good portion of the parts that need replaced now new out of pocket a year ago and i still have the receipts documenting the purchases. there is also custom paint work done that if the damage is going to be repaired needs to be redone and i am trying to play hard ball with them to get it fixed but it seems like the adjuster has a "policy" about everything is there any way i can get a loophole to get my truck fixed properly? or any tips on how to negotiate to get the truck fixed correctly so that the value of the truck doesn't diminish more than it already has as i have added value to the truck with the repairs i have already done. if anyone needs more information i will be happy to provide all i can i am just stressed bout the damage, in a lot of emotional grief about it and my quality of sleep has gone down because i feel like the insurance is screwing me. thank you users of Reddit for any help that i can get with this.

    submitted by /u/Iamnoone4597
    [link] [comments]

    Will Medi-Cal reimburse me for bills that they should have paid five years ago?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 04:34 PM PDT

    Location: California

    In 2014 and 2015 I was on short-term disability. My disability made it difficult to apply for Medi-Cal, so it took me nearly a year to successfully submit an application. During that year I had no choice but to pay for my medical expenses out-of-pocket, from savings. I finally got Medi-Cal in early 2015 (I don't remember exactly when). I had it for a few months until I went back to work in April 2015. I then applied for and received Medi-Cal in 2017 when I was out of work again. I had it through most of 2018 until I got my current job.

    Just the other day, in 2019, I received two Notice Of Action letters. One says, "You asked us to check if you could get Medi-Cal to cover your bills for any of the three months before you applied. Good news! You qualified for Medi-Cal in 12/2014 because your household income was below the Medi-Cal limit. You may get or may have already received other notices about your eligibility for other time periods. This notice is only telling you that you got Medi-Cal coverage for 12/2014." The other is identical except the date is 1/2015.

    Uh, thanks? I called the Medi-Cal office to ask for clarification on what this meant. The worker said it meant that Medi-Cal would cover my bills from that time period. I asked if I would be reimbursed for bills I had to pay out of pocket, and she laughed at me. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said she would email one and they would get back to me next week.

    So is my idea, that Medi-Cal should reimburse me for bills that they're saying they should have covered five years ago, that absurd? The worker implied that I was stupid for paying those bills, but wouldn't they have gone to collections if I hadn't? Some of my bills were from public clinics that accepted Medi-Cal but where I had to pay out of pocket. My other bills are from a private practice psychotherapist- I've heard rumors that if I submit a bill from her I could get reimbursed some small portion of the cost.

    submitted by /u/starklystober
    [link] [comments]

    Is insurance typically cheaper on a car with a rebuilt title?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 02:13 PM PDT

    Thinking about buying a vehicle with a rebuilt title. It passes inspection and is currently insured through the person who has it.

    Is insurance typically cheaper on a rebuilt title?

    submitted by /u/dman472
    [link] [comments]

    My local personal injury attorney said its not worth hiring them because of the time gaps (California)

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 05:20 PM PDT

    In California.

    I was in an auto crash on May 15th. I called them the next day but couldn't go thru with it because I wasnt sure if the other driver had insurance. A week later the person that hit me took liabilty and his insurance reached out to me.

    I got super busy since and barely got to the call the attorney. He told me since I have not been to the hospital since then the insurance won't pay as much. It will be a little bit after everyone gets their cut. He said it will be better if I pursue it by myself so I can get the most.

    How do I go about that? "Hey, my back kinda still hurts. Can I have money for therapy?"

    What is the professional way of asking for the settlement?

    submitted by /u/zoltrules
    [link] [comments]

    Should I file a claim?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 01:14 PM PDT

    My wife was parallel parked and the car in front of her had a big Thule bike rack attached to the trailer hitch, like this one. The rack was left down, rather than folded up against the car. However, there were no bikes on it, and no flag or anything attached, so it was essentially invisible from the driver's seat (the rack was at bumper level and thus obscured by our car's hood. As my wife pulled out, she thought she had several feet of clearance in front, but instead collided with the rack. The rack was damaged beyond repair and our bumper was dented.

    I called Geico but they wouldn't let me just ask for advice. I only have liability insurance so I don't want to file a claim unless there's a reasonable chance that the other party will be considered at fault. I should note that neither party has filed a claim -- the other party just ordered a new rack and sent us the receipt.

    My question is, who is at fault? On the one hand, my wife's car was the only moving vehicle. But on the other hand, it seems like leaving an empty bike rack sticking 3-4 feet out from the back of your car, too low for a driver to see, should be considered a hazard. Unfortunately, my wife just assumed she was at fault and didn't think to take any pictures. It's easy enough to tell that the rack was down based on the location of the bumper dent, though.

    I understand that no one here can tell me 100% who is at fault here, so I'm really just asking whether I'm way off base, or whether I have a legitimate case here. Any advice or similar anecdotes would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Theycallmebobo
    [link] [comments]

    Auto Insurance Advice in FL

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 09:23 AM PDT

    Hi folks,

    I've some questions regarding auto insurance in FL.

    How much liability SHOULD I carry? It seems 100/300/100 is the go-to recommendation--does this recommendation hold true in a No Fault State? Should I carry less?

    PIP is a requirement here and there are heaps of uninsured motorists. Do PIP and UMBI overlap? Why do I need both? Should I invest more into one over the other?

    I've done my due diligence, gotten quotes, spoken with agents, etc. but I'd like to find the sweet spot for coverage. I'm on the market for cheaper insurance, as my Geico premium is wicked expensive ($173/mo).

    Recommendations on getting a lower payment are also welcome! Here are my specs:

    24F, 2012 Honda Civic, decent credit, clean driving record, insured with Geico for 8+ years, have a 4 year degree, and employed full-time.

    submitted by /u/WatchHerWalk
    [link] [comments]

    Health insurance charging me against my deductible for a doctor's visit because it was sent from a hospital as an outpatient, nonemergency visit instead of an office visit...

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 01:05 PM PDT

    I'm terrible with health insurance. I'm getting charged $290.00 (265 is my bill now because I paid $25 for what I was told was my copay). Date of visit was 2/7 so I thought all this shit was taken care of. Apparently not. The appointment was for a consultation for the pain clinic (out patient) where they determined if I would benefit from the clinic. I saw a nurse and a doctor, was asked a bunch of questions, and was just weighed/blood pressure checked/nothing crazy. Like a normal doctor's visit.

    Apparently the way they billed my insurance, it's going against my $300 copay because it was a hospital non-emergency visit not an office visit (and if it matters, this is a rehab hospital, there are no "emergencies" there). Got this info from the insurance company, they can't do anything as they are billing correctly for how the charges were sent over. Understandable. Talked to billing for the hospital, was told they can't do anything because they just take the codes from the doctor and bill the insurance. So I guess I have to talk to a doctor? Idk. $290 is way too much for what seems like a regular doctor's visit. I see a doctor every other week in the program and while I have different insurance now, I am not being charged that for those appointments. I'm at a loss. Is there anything else I can do?

    submitted by /u/jenntasticxx
    [link] [comments]

    Question: Recent Small Accident

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    Hello! I was recently in a Whole Foods parking lot and got backed into when I was also getting backed into but at a stop. Would this be worth trying to prove that I wasn't liable with insurance or should I report it? I don't want a 50/50 at fault and there are no witnesses. Attached are pictures. The white car is his and you can see that his bumper hit the side of my car. There is minimal damage to each car.

    https://imgur.com/a/FmoQyYv

    submitted by /u/averym88
    [link] [comments]

    Pain And Suffering Settlement/ Payout

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 12:43 PM PDT

    Hey Guys!

    I have a question. I've been battling my case with my lawyer since April 2018. Theres been no transparency or line of communication throughout the entire process. My treatment finished up in July but I've still been having lower back pains since (T-Boned Auto Accident: not at fault). The case was going on so long that I just wanted to settle it; and get what's right and find work. It seems they've been dragging their feet and I've been left in the dark.

    Fast forward the settlement is in and now it's time to do the close out/payout. Is there anything I should bring to the table to be prepared/negotiate, given the history and rocky process with my lawyer.

    I just want to protect myself and make sure my lawyer has my best interest based on all the evidence and get back to the place i was before the accident and make me whole.

    Thanks in Advance for your comments/inputs!

    submitted by /u/TriedandTru17
    [link] [comments]

    I'll hopefully be an adjuster soon, just curious what happens on snow days?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 11:50 AM PDT

    I'll be an auto damage adjuster in the Hudson Valley area of New York if all goes well - but I'm just wondering what happens when a storm is hitting the area.

    Am I still expected to schedule and attend appointments with customers that day, do I not schedule any appointments that day and relax and then make it up later in the week? My understanding is that for this company the weekday is somewhat flexible, would they make me reorient my schedule for that week so that I have off on the storm day and make appointments for my usual day off? I own a Subaru as my main vehicle, would it ever be possible to meet them in that?

    submitted by /u/targetguest
    [link] [comments]

    Broker: Client is rebranding company. From what I can tell they need to start a new health plan can any one offer any insight into this.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 08:02 AM PDT

    Sorry if the is the wrong sub. I work for a broker and one of my clients is rebranding and I am having trouble finding how this will affect the plan. Trying to determine if it is just a name change or if they will have a new tax Id (not sure if this even matters). Will the company be looked as a completely new company and have to start a new plan? Can the existing plan be carried to the end of the term? Any help or links would be great.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/ExoticJudgment
    [link] [comments]

    Renters insurance for first apartment?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 11:43 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment