• Breaking News

    Friday, June 7, 2019

    Accounting The 1st Year Experience

    Accounting The 1st Year Experience


    The 1st Year Experience

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 12:14 PM PDT

    roll it forward boys

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    Please excuse my crippling inexperience

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 08:44 AM PDT

    We’re in the Endgame now

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 04:33 AM PDT

    Small price to pay for starvation

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 09:26 AM PDT

    Just took the CPA exam

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 05:03 PM PDT

    First year associates be like

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 02:32 AM PDT

    At least I know I’m not alone

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 09:14 AM PDT

    RecruiterBro wants me to not pass judgment on his way-overloaded job posting.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 12:32 PM PDT

    Building a Better Meme World

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    Google knows where my priorities in life lie.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 03:40 AM PDT

    Has anyone ever gotten a full time job at the big 4 by simply applying online and without being involved in any networking activities?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 02:18 PM PDT

    Please Pray for my office on Monday

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 01:27 PM PDT

    Both PWC (which has new people on the team) and the new Internal Auditor will be here all next week.

    submitted by /u/emilyb7
    [link] [comments]

    Is Deloitte's Risk and Financial Advisory the same as EY's FAAS and PwC's CMAAS?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:26 PM PDT

    Has anyone worked in Deloitte's Risk and Financial Advisory practice? What kind of projects did you work on?

    submitted by /u/pocariz
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling to connect with other interns at my big 4 internship this summer

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 04:39 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    It's been a couple days since my internship started. I'm a Muslim student and I'm having a hard time connecting with fellow peers. I'm a pretty confident guy but it really sucks because I can't connect with others due to food restrictions and seem to have nothing in common. For example, during lunch, everything was non-veg except chips and cookies. People at my table stared so weirdly at me because I was not eating anything technically. Idk if I'm giving those vibes but it's becoming a pain to imagine my future in the field of public accounting. Naturally, I'm a pretty introverted dude but when it comes to presentations and talking about work I can confidently speak to others. When it's casual talk and just mingling about non-work stuff, I have a hard time. I'm imagining my time going forward in public accounting and stressing myself out already. To think that I'll be invited for lunch or dinner with my team when I can't drink or have no non veg food stresses me out! What can I do to overcome this? I'm freaking out about my career going forward. Please help!

    submitted by /u/Throwaway447765
    [link] [comments]

    Why do you like/love/dislike/hate big4 public accounting?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 07:14 PM PDT

    I always see a lot of negativity, but I want to hear why people enjoy their jobs or why they hate them. Starting off as an intern this summer and always curious what people have to say

    submitted by /u/islavistaisla123
    [link] [comments]

    Grant Thornton vs Big 4 Transaction Advisory Services?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    How does Grant Thornton Transactions compare to Big 4 Transaction Advisory in terms of work life balance, types of deals, exit opps, prestige, salary, etc.? If anyone has any insight specifically for GT Transactions in Canada that would be appreciated too.

    submitted by /u/Dead_mik3
    [link] [comments]

    Can you go into private or governmental straight away?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 06:03 PM PDT

    I ask this because I tried googling it and all the results are for people who are already working and want to switch. I'm still in college.

    I think I'm better suited to private accounting rather than public because I'd rather work for just one company/person. Also, do I still have to become a CPA if I do manage to get a private job?

    submitted by /u/uhohmykokoro
    [link] [comments]

    Just Took FAR AMA

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    This is my retake, and I used Becker to study.

    I felt like I was prepared. The m/c definitely (and I mean, DEFINITELY) got more difficult.

    The SIMs were really not too bad. I left one blank, only because I could not work it heads from tails. The rest were systematically knocked out.

    Hope I passed. A bit nervous about feeling OK as opposed to feeling the garbage. I feel better than last time, but that doesn't mean much... does it?

    submitted by /u/shamy33
    [link] [comments]

    I made an Interactive Excel Cheat Sheet video/workbook that I thought you guys might benefit from!

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 02:03 PM PDT

    Older Intern FML

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 03:08 PM PDT

    Thought I had the internship of my dreams and was all sorts of prepared and excited for this summer. As it turns out, I'm by far the oldest intern in the entire company and have these two super douchemode frat boys saying rude and offensive crap to me and behind me all the time. I tried to be nice and invite our intern group out several times and then I heard more of them talking about how weird that was. I hate feeling sorry for myself but holy fuck. I'm miserable and no matter what I say there is this clear divide between these early twenties kids and me, the old upper 30s intern with a mortgage and real work experience.

    The thing that sucks most is it's one of those companies that cares about intern bonding and unfortunately I'm the only one of all of us who is desperate to get a job there because other than feeling like a middle schooler who eats lunch alone in the bathroom everyday, I love this place.

    You'd think I'd be past the Wierd ha dramaBS at some point in adulthood but it was hard enough going to school full time and then taking 12-15 credits each semester. I don't want to deal with this petty shit anymore.

    Does anyone else have super horrific stories of this type of older intern shit? Cuz everyone online acts like it's all sunshine and roses for us older ppl.

    Rant / feeling sorry for myself over. Thanks for the read :/

    submitted by /u/WishIWasKidding6879
    [link] [comments]

    Look at this colorful T-Account.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2019 08:26 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment