• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 26, 2019

    Seller is looting the flower beds Real Estate

    Seller is looting the flower beds Real Estate


    Seller is looting the flower beds

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 02:44 PM PDT

    I'm buying a house and we close in a week. I learned today from a friend who lives nearby that the seller is digging bulbs out the flower beds. (I'm told they were filling up a pickup truck with bulbs). We were excited to have flowers blooming in the spring, and are very upset to hear they are being removed. How can I exert my rights here and get them to stop digging/ replace the bulbs taken?

    submitted by /u/Billypillgrim
    [link] [comments]

    Online Tenant Application?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 04:13 AM PDT

    I'm using e-renter for tenant screening but they require the tenant or me to print out the application which hinders many applicants and then I have to find a way to get it.

    Does anyone use an online application where tenants can fill it out and then I get it electronically?

    submitted by /u/boarshead2
    [link] [comments]

    For those of you who work part time for secondary income.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 04:06 AM PDT

    What is your primary job? How much time do you spend with real estate? How much do you make?

    submitted by /u/dyllll
    [link] [comments]

    need help convincing my husband replacing our 41 yr old furnace is better than HIM trying to fix it

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 03:12 PM PDT

    TLDR, we want to move and our furnace is not currently running without a burning smell in our bathroom above it we do not agree on what to do with this issue.

    So, bottom line, my husband is a cheapskate. Everything has to be done by us or we are fools - being taken advantage of. I am of the belief that some things should be done by a professional so we don't kill ourselves Our furnace stopped working properly during the polar vortex earlier this winter. We live in ILLINOIS Our furnace is 41 years old. Original to the house. The High limit switch is bad. The first HVAC guy we had come over a few months ago, made it sound like it would take time to find a part. He wanted us to replace our furnace for $3500 with an inferior brand - Amana. So, we just let the furnace continue to run without replacing it. We were able to heat the house if we put the thermostat at a higher temp. Very inefficient. So, lately, there has been a smell in the upstairs bathroom after the furnace has been running for awhile. The bathroom sits right above the furnace below. I go down to turn the furnace off and the smell goes away. I called another HVAC guy. He came to look at the furnace and said the same thing the other guy said, that the heat exchangers are rusted, and he showed me. I asked him how much he would charge, and he was much lower, $2400 for a Comfort Maker 90,000BTU (our house is approx 1288 sq ft upper and lower is about half that with a 2 car garage taking up the rest of the lower. so, a total of about 1800 sq ft My husband is of the opinion that we just replace the heat exchanger. I have the model number and serial number of the current unit, a Nordyne (marked Tappan on the unit) available to me, and I cannot find it online. It's just too old of a model. My husband thinks we're fools to replace the furnace right before we go to sell it please help me!

    submitted by /u/katjoy63
    [link] [comments]

    Advice About Getting Started?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 09:18 PM PDT

    I currently work a low paying job in advertising, and I'm looking to make the switch into real estate. Ultimately, I want to make a living by through real estate investment, and I feel as though this would be the best first step in that direction. I have several family members who are realtors, both commercial and residential, so I a pretty strong understanding of what the job entails. I'm 24 years old, I'm engaged, and I'm living with my parents for the next few months until my fiancée and I get married—so my expenses are about as low as they will ever be currently.

    I'm considering joining a real estate team in my hometown that will provide me with a lot of resources, so I should have a relatively steady, albeit modest, stream of income after the first month or two. Financially, I should be able to swing a few months with $0 income.

    My question is this: what should I do about health insurance? This is by far the biggest obstacle standing in my way, and I'm not sure how to get around it. I have health insurance through my job right now, so I could theoretically do COBRA. My fiancée is in graduate school, and we're not married yet, so I can't just hop on her insurance. I'm also not a full time student, so I don't think I can join my parents' insurance. Has anyone else ever been in a situation like this? What is my best option going forward? I'm not too keen on the idea of making the switch without insurance, but I know that getting a policy on my own will likely be impossibly expensive.

    submitted by /u/InYoYingus
    [link] [comments]

    Question: How to transfer house with a mortgage to a family member

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 11:54 PM PDT

    Hi

    My brother wanted to buy a house but did not have good credit. So I ended up buying a house about 1year ago for about $300k for him. The title is in my name. The mortgage is in my name. This is NOT my primary home. I wish to transfer the house to my brother now that he has built up his credit to be in the 760+ credit score and has good income to get a loan.

    Question 1: What is the process for doing something like this? Do I need to 'sell' him the home like a traditional buyer/seller?

    Question 2: Can I 'sell' him the home for $250k and claim a $50k loss on my taxes?

    Thanks in advance for all the help

    submitted by /u/optionsgtfo
    [link] [comments]

    For those working in the real estate profession, what made you get into real estate and what are the pros and cons of being a realtor/real estate agent?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 07:27 PM PDT

    Restored cat urine houses? Worth buying?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 09:49 PM PDT

    I have recently put in an offer on a house that looked perfect in almost every way. completely renovated and restored, all new flooring and carpets. but today (after my offer had been accepted) I found out that last summer that house had been deemed uninhabitable due to the previous owner hoarding cats and they urinated and sprayed the entire house.

    It was noted that the seller ripped up all the cabinets, floor coverings, and counters and replaced them. They also hired a chem-dry company to sanitize and clean the house after the cabinets, floor coverings, and counters had been ripped out.

    Should i be concerned? is this worth backing out of a deal for? Does anyone have any ideas of what i should look for in my decision making?

    submitted by /u/aguwah
    [link] [comments]

    Electrician wants me to “sign the bid” but it’s just a picture of a piece of paper he texted me. Do I print out this and sign it?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 07:04 PM PDT

    Like title says. He wrote his estimate on a paper, took a picture of it, then sent me the picture and wants me to sign it.

    I asked him to email me it but no response.

    Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/Zosyn
    [link] [comments]

    My general inspector failed to realize or point out there is no proper place for a filter to the furnace, is this something he should have checked for?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 08:46 PM PDT

    The filter that is there right now was basically jammed into the place where the ductwork meets the furnace in a way that you must remove the entire metal plates that cover the inside of the furnace. Is this something the inspector should have looked into and if so, is there something I can do now to help with that after having purchased the house?

    submitted by /u/luigi787
    [link] [comments]

    Business model for property investment- rental or resort to pay mortgage then move into it.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 05:32 PM PDT

    A group of my like-minded friends have been very interested in buying (through a loan) an investment property, use it as a business until the loan is paid off, then build our houses on the property. So broken down ideas:

    1) 4 families take out construction loan on nice property on a river in Texas.

    2) Develop it into either condo/home rentals, or vacation rentals. Maybe even a live music venue or restaurant on site. (A lot of us have stellar hospitality and restaurant management background, I have real estate background)

    3) Hire management to run the business.

    4) That business pays off the loan over years.

    5) We then either move in to the houses we built, remodel/build into them, or build new homes on the property to retire on (depending on how the model shakes out)

    We feel that pooling our money would allow us to have a lot nicer property, homes, and overall setup. Instead of saving our money for it, we would have customers pay off the loan.

    Anyone know of any examples for a business model like this? I'm not sure where to start looking into it for loan types, how to structure this, etc..

    Any advice is most appreciated!

    Edit: I appreciate the cautionary tales. However, we understand the risks and difficulties in front of us. If you have actual advice on a model for this, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/beardedbarnabas
    [link] [comments]

    Need to buy washer dryer for home we are about to put on rent. Looking at open box appliances or craigslist to save some money. Is this a good idea? Where else can I look to make sure that I am not buying broken ones? Thank you.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 12:38 PM PDT

    what makes Ben Caballero so good?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 10:37 PM PDT

    Help with NACA

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    Looking for someone that may know about the NACA program. So right now I'm currently working on building my business full time and doing doordash on the side to keep my funds at their normal level. My girlfriend works full time and we have no late credit or rent payments. My concern is that since I literally just started things for myself last week, will we qualify? A NACA loan would put us in a position to grow and save but I'm worried I may be the reason we don't get it approved. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Mustang1011
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone on this sub personally convert an old school to apartments?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 10:17 AM PDT

    Just curious to how it went?

    Share some before/after pics?

    Purchase price?

    rehab costs?

    Issues you ran into?

    submitted by /u/Gold_Flake
    [link] [comments]

    Shopping Appraisals

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 10:12 PM PDT

    Long-ish story but I'll try to be succinct.

    We purchased two years ago and took a 7/1 ARM so we could qualify for two payments, so as to make a non-contingent offer in a very competitive market. Fast forward two years, and I want to lock into a fixed rate while rates are low again. House is 15 years old and in one of the most in demand areas of the city.

    Our appraisal today came in substantially lower than I expected, and I came to discover this appraiser says my house is 300 square feet smaller than the appraisal I got 2 years ago, as well as the property tax records. Despite multiple inconsistencies and evidence, both the appraiser and bank are being incredibly douchey to me for insisting on a new measurement and updated appraisal. At bare minimum, I know I'm being shorted at least 100 finished square feet below grade, and possibly as much as 65 square feet above grade. I estimate this is costing me about $15,000 in appraisal value.

    There are other issues I haven't even addressed, such as them giving equal weight to 5 comps despite two being inside my development, that are identical age, lot size and finish and are higher in value than other comps.

    My concern at this point is they are emotionally invested, and are going to seek to validate the initial appraisal rather than finding the fair market valuation. I'm debating just pulling the plug with this lender and appraiser and starting over elsewhere. I don't really want to keep paying for appraisals, but everything I know about real estate tells me this is a bad appraisal.

    I can live with less appreciation than I had hoped for, but I can't accept this house is worth less than when I bought it and that a 300 square foot difference isn't going to change things that much. I'm also not sure I can get it high enough to get over the 20% equity mark even with a proper appraisal, so I question whether fighting this battle gets me much in the long run.

    Has anybody here successfully shopped appraisals? Is it worth the time, money and stress given the situation? Any input here would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/apathy_31
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I look up price history?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 10:04 PM PDT

    For stocks, it's easy to see how they've done. Google finance.

    Where can I go to look up prices for real estate? Some ways I would try to cut it up are by region, size, type, etc. does such a resource exist?

    For example, how has the average home price in the US looked over the past 50 years? What about if I only want to see 4BR homes or larger? Or only homes in the Midwest? Etc etc

    submitted by /u/karakarafade
    [link] [comments]

    Renovate or just demo?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 09:42 PM PDT

    I'm putting my house up for sale and I'm leaning in two directions. The current kitchen is original and pretty dated and needs to be fixed and redone. I was originally going to just replace countertop repaint kitchen and possibly just get off the shelf cabinets from Lowe's and piece together a semi new kitchen and leave the old appliances. My buddy suggested maybe just demo the kitchen takong out the cabinets and countertop and repainting the walls and just let new owners decide how to redo it.

    Which is the better option? The redo would cost some money but won't be as bad since I'll be doing most the work. Other than the stove which is 25yrs old the dishwasher and fridge are both within the last 5yrs and the range fan is brand new so the option would possibly be to just get a sorta new stove or just leave it for new owners if I decide to do the cabinets/countertop. I was going to go with the in-store countertops, Functional and cheap. I can't splurge for fancy countertops but I may look into the new epoxy resin stuff too.

    submitted by /u/ouikikazz
    [link] [comments]

    Do I have to give buyer earnest money back?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 10:32 AM PDT

    I'm selling my home FSBO and went under contract with an individual that is not represented by an agent. The buyer got approved for the mortgage, but now I was notified that he doesn't have enough money to cover his closing costs. He now wants me to amend the contract to a sales price that will give him enough to cover the sale price and closings costs. He's asking for so much that I don't think the home would appraise for that new value, so I'm refusing to amend the contract. He now wants out of the contract and wants his earnest money back that is being held by a title company. Am I required to give him back that earnest money simply because he doesn't have the funds to pay his closing costs? Closing is scheduled roughly a week and a half from now and he decided not to get a inspection during the inspection time window.

    submitted by /u/SamiH_96
    [link] [comments]

    Help me work the system

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 08:56 PM PDT

    Any good book recommendations?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 08:19 PM PDT

    First time home buyer. Know absolutely nothing about buying a home. Would you have any good book recommendations?

    submitted by /u/lawnisblue
    [link] [comments]

    First-time buyers looking to incentivize realtor to find us cheap house despite ability to buy nicer house

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 04:19 PM PDT

    This might be crazy, but does anyone ever pay like a backwards commission? That is, I want to reward a realtor for finding us a house that's in our ideal price range even though we could afford a more expensive house?

    Let me try to explain. Currently have zero debt and about 150-160k gross income with $50k cash earmarked for down payment and closing costs. Median house price $200k, but can find live-able houses from $80k. Just me and my husband with no kids (or plans to have any)

    We're just getting started and haven't found a realtor yet. I did just a couple basic "how much house can I afford" calculators online and am seeing some crazy high numbers like $500k.

    Now, I am nowhere near comfortable with a home that expensive or large. I am super cheap lol. I would like something in the $100-125k range. Plenty of smaller houses in my area in that range. If I found the "perfect" house I could see maybe going up to $200k.

    I also know that I'm probably going to be a PITA client. I'm low maintenance in terms of attitude and timeframe, but I'm kind of picky about houses. I want small, close to work, near a bus line, etc. In the past year or so of casually looking, I've found maybe a house a week that I'd be interested in.

    My concern is that a realtor has a direct interest in selling us a more expensive house. Also, it would probably take awhile to find a house that we'd be interested in. I guess that makes me feel guilty? Like I'm waisting a realtor's time and it will likely be a couple months before we even make an offer. Or maybe I just feel like they won't take us seriously since cheap house = low commission. I don't want to get pressured into buying a more expensive home even if we can technically afford it.

    My thought is if a realtor is putting in all this work for us and finds our tiny, cheap, "dream" home, I'd like to compensate them for that. Is it unheard of to give your realtor a bonus of some sort? I'm not sure how much, but a couple thousand seems reasonable if it means we end up with a 125k house instead of a 300k one.

    I know they can't force us to buy a house out of our range, but I'm worried we'll get sick of the process and just settle for a more expensive house. I'd like to give the realtor some extra motivation to help me stick to my guns.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions. If I've left out anything important ask away. I'm sure I'm overthinking this, so feel free to roast me too :)

    submitted by /u/Hopelessly-Searching
    [link] [comments]

    My boyfriend owns a home, should I buy me own home to rent out before we get married?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 03:45 PM PDT

    My boyfriend and I live together in a home he bought a few years ago. I've been considering buying a home to rent out since our area is starting to boom and I think home prices will go up a lot in the next 5-10 years. Would it make more sense to buy it under my name only before we get married (November)? Does it make a difference?

    submitted by /u/kitties_r_cute
    [link] [comments]

    Planters and a fire pit. Fixtures?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2019 07:04 PM PDT

    We will be listing in about 30 days. We have some nice ceramic planters out front and a 650 dollar fire pit in the back. Should we remove these before we list?

    submitted by /u/carnevoodoo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment