• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 3, 2019

    Pharmacy School Loans Complete! Student Loans

    Pharmacy School Loans Complete! Student Loans


    Pharmacy School Loans Complete!

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 06:55 PM PST

    I wrote out all sorts of facts and figures for this post ... but realized I just needed to tell someone that I paid off nearly $170k (including interest) of student debt and I'm really proud and really happy. It's sad that I can't share this outside of strangers and select immediate family. I think we should be as proud of this as anything else.

    Thanks for giving me somewhere to brag and be proud. You should be proud of yourself too - no matter where you are in the process- you're here and you're working on this really hard thing.

    That being said.. I do still have all the details if anyone is interested.

    submitted by /u/mnpharmer
    [link] [comments]

    FedLoan Servicing didn’t charge me for my loan payment last month even though I use autopay

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 10:39 AM PST

    What are my options here? Has anyone dealt with this? I usually am charged the first or second of every month. They never charged me in February.

    I'm worried they will report a missed payment, which will negatively affect my credit. I already emailed them and will plan to call this week.

    submitted by /u/caulf
    [link] [comments]

    Which debt do I sell my soul to first?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 05:46 PM PST

    Hi Reddit! I've finally become financially stable to the point where I'm able to start paying off student loans. I'm not sure which to pay off first -

    (A) $3,500 with 4.29% interest that starts in August

    (B) $2,000 with a 4.29% interest with $274 of accrued interest

    (C) $8,000 with a 3.76% interest that starts in August

    (D) $2,000 with a 3.76% interest with $164 of accrued interest

    (E) $1,833 with a 5.05% interest that starts in August

    For a grand total of $17,771 :(

    I currently have $2,000 that I want to put into loans right now. I was thinking of paying off option B and D first, and then E whenever I save enough up - preferably before the 5% interest starts.

    Is this a smart way to pay off these loans or should I tackle option C first since it's the largest?

    submitted by /u/xoxojhv
    [link] [comments]

    Monthly payment under PAYE increased $300 without a significant increase in salary. Why?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 04:11 AM PST

    Hi all!

    I recently reapplied for my PAYE monthly payment to be recalculated and it jumped from $565/month to $861/month. I made $72k in 2017 and did have a salary increase to $79k in 2018, but I wouldn't think this would produce that significant increase in monthly payment, would it? Nor, have I deposited more/less into tax-deferred accounts.

    My wife and I have been filing taxes jointly and she has not had a significant increase in salary as well. What gives?

    submitted by /u/Blue417Dolphins
    [link] [comments]

    Great Lakes intentionally misapplied my monthly payment

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 03:12 PM PST

    I have 4 Graduate Plus loans with Great Loans.

    I am in the extended repayment plan and pay about $873.53 each month for the 4 loans.

    From January 28 to February 28, 2019, I should have accrued about 660 in interest. This means my monthly amount of $873.53 should be more than enough to cover than the monthly interest accrued and the rest can go to principal.

    Loan #1 accrued about $138.05 the last 30 days since my last payment.

    Loan #2 accrued about $19.00 the last 30 days since my last payment.

    Loan #3 accrued about $250 the last 30 days since my last payment.

    Loan #4 accrued about $250 the last 30 days since my last payment.

    I was told that my $873.53 monthly payment would be allocated towards all four loans. It would first pay all the interest accrued for the month for all 4 loans, then the rest divided to principals of all four loans.

    Well I made my payment on the 28th. I checked back again today.

    I saw that Great Lakes only applied $18.00 of the $873.53 monthly payment to Loan #1. This is weird because Loan #1, accrued $138.05 of interest in the last month. That left me with an unpaid loan interest of $120.00 left on Loan #1 that of course will remain on that loan for next month on top of future interest that will accrue.

    The weird is that Loan #4 only accrued around $250.00, but they applied $453.00 of the $873.53 towards that loan.

    I am worried they did this on purpose. I can't think of what explanation they may have for this and if you know, please enlighten me.

    But most importantly, I am worried that if they are not applying my monthly payment to the interest accrued on Loan #1, then the interest on that account will just mount and mount each month, making it hard for me to pay down that loan.

    Anybody have any insight on this and how student loan payments are suppose to be allocated?

    submitted by /u/quora_redditadddict
    [link] [comments]

    IDR Recertification is on Hold and will process once the Final bill of my current schedule generates ?! Is this the Norm for Recertification ?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 04:17 PM PST

    I just have a question , I'm with Fedloans , and they sent me notification that it's within the timeframe to do the annual recertification of my IDR Plan . So did I in studentloans.gov , and I received an email from Fedloans that my Recertification request is on Hold and they will process it once the final bill of my current schedule generates . Is this the Norm ? Don't they process it right away and then future date it to begin after the current schedule ends ? Do they wait ? Is this their normal procedure ? Thanks

    submitted by /u/elham_haha
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to pay?

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 11:13 AM PST

    I am graduating in May. I got student loans for 3 years but I didn't take out any my last 2 years (I got better with money). The past few semesters I have gotten refund checks and I only been using it for school expenses. But I got a lot left over that I just put in a savings account I got about $4,300 in it. It's enough to pay off my interests and some to to pay the principle. Should I use it all and put it towards my loan. I owe about $26,000. I was thinking of just paying $3000 right of the bar. My future monthly payment would be $291 and would my big payment offset my monthly payments or would it stay the same? I'm trying to find a job but now I'm just working part time and will be at that job through out the summer.

    submitted by /u/zowybowie
    [link] [comments]

    Postponing Automatic Payments on MyFedLoan

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 08:55 AM PST

    Does anyone know:

    If I've suspended automatic payments a couple of times, and then stop suspending, will the next automatic payment withdraw only the standard monthly payment amount, or the total of all the suspended monthly payment amounts at once?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/TE676755
    [link] [comments]

    Free College

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 02:53 PM PST

    Random question but how would you feel if college became free today but everyone who has outstanding debt still needed to pay their current student loans?

    I know some politicians want to make college free but I feel this is unfair for current students and graduates who will be drowning in debt for the rest of their lives. Your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/mcleanderrick1
    [link] [comments]

    Son should have learned a trade. FAFSA recertification; loan payment to increase from $100/mo. IDR to $630.

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 11:47 AM PST

    Hi. Question is recertification. My 26 yr old son has about $55,000 in FAFSA loans for a BA and MSW. He's been working for nine months. Lives in NYC, shares apt with three roommates. Earns $53,000 and has EZ pass $180 in bridge tolls each mo. traveling to and from work. His IDR was set to $100/mo which we pay. Just received the recertification notice and FAFSA wants $630/mo. His monthly rent and utilities are about $900. We're working with him to fill out the complicated form. Will he be allowed to pay only what he believes he can afford? If not, if the amount is too much and he just pays monthly a lower amount, can the loan provider garnish his wages or ruin his credit?

    submitted by /u/Mamaof2sons
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment