• Breaking News

    Monday, March 4, 2019

    Not sure if this is the right place to post. I'm not going to be on my parents' insurance anymore. Do I apply for Medicaid? Insurance

    Not sure if this is the right place to post. I'm not going to be on my parents' insurance anymore. Do I apply for Medicaid? Insurance


    Not sure if this is the right place to post. I'm not going to be on my parents' insurance anymore. Do I apply for Medicaid?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 05:14 PM PST

    Hello all.

    I am turning 26 at the end of the month. My parents' insurance won't cover me anymore. I am a graduate student and a tutor, but that does not offer me insurance. I have a very serious pre-existing condition that requires medical attention and routine checkups. I can't go without insurance. Do I apply for medicaid? If so, where do I even start?

    I'm absolutely clueless and would appreciate any help.

    submitted by /u/mybicepsarenoodles
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice on mitigating flood insurance cost

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 03:13 AM PST

    I have owned my house since April 2000. In 2011, my house was rezoned into the AE flood zone. Because the maps were not super clear, and depending on the angle in which you viewed them, I was able to fight it and get it taken off for a time. In 2016, a divorce required me to refinance my home, which re-triggered the flood insurance requirement. My attempts to fight it were unsuccessful, as I had to get a land survey done which confirmed that the property was in the zone. At that time I did get a BFE completed, but was told to not put it on my policy as the results of the survey would actually make my premium go up even more than what is being charged, even though it is increasing 18% per year.

    The flood insurance premium is now over $2200 per year, and I am looking for ways to mitigate those costs. I have not been able to get clear answers as to what solutions I might have, whether flood vents in the basement or if I can raise the base elevation level with fill dirt around the house.

    submitted by /u/etherreal
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Adjusting Courses - Texas

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 03:12 AM PST

    Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but maybe someone here will be able to provide an answer.

    Been looking into getting my license to become an Insurance Adjuster for almost a year now, and its finally coming into fruition, me being able to obtain the license.

    First, I live in Texas, and I see a bunch of different sites offering online courses, which would be preferable to me as I work full time currently. I do however live near enough to dallas to where if I had to, I could take the course in perso, and use vacation time.

    My question is, what site should I use, and what should i be looking for in the courses offered? Xactimate training appears in a lot of them, but it doesnt seem required. If thats the software I'd be using to build claims however, I would like to be trained that, as I currently have no knowledge of that. Its an extra 300 dollars though, so id like to know more about if other people took that training.

    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and I hope y'all have a wonderful day. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/cosmicnate
    [link] [comments]

    Why does SmartRide take 8 months to determine your driving habits?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 10:55 PM PST

    We have Nationwide and enrolled in SmartRide to get a discount. But why does it take them 8 months of monitoring to determine driving habits? I'm starting to wonder if the purpose of SmartRide is to actually keep you paying insurance for almost a year at an inflated price just so you can hope for a discount if you keep paying the higher rate for almost a year.

    We went through the program once before with different vehicles and after we got the discount, they raised our rates by almost the same percent, so it ended up not saving us any money anyway. I wonder if I should just go ahead and change to a different insurance company.

    submitted by /u/thbt101
    [link] [comments]

    Speeding ticket-insurance premium

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 02:56 PM PST

    Today I recieved a speeding ticket (85mph in a 70mph zone). I am expecting an insurance bill within the next 3 weeks. Will my premium go up on that bill? Or will it be for the next?

    Essentially what I'm asking is will my ticket be processed within the next few weeks allowing for the insurance company to check my record within that time and thus raise my premium for this upcoming bill? Or will there be a lag time, leading to this bill being the same amount that I always pay, but the next will have to increased premium?

    submitted by /u/odiliamary
    [link] [comments]

    Settlement for car accident claim

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 11:27 PM PST

    So I was recently in a car accident that led to me having a totaled car and also some health problems that involved doctors visits and physical therapy. It was the other drivers fault and i've been in communication with his insurance agent the whole time. They basically said they wouldn't pay for anything until the whole thing was over which led to me having 1000's of dollars wracked up in bills. there was a part of me that felt like this was part of their tactic to try and get me to settle as soon as possible because i wouldn't be able to afford it.

    Now they have sent me an offer to settle and the agent seemed a little pushy to get me to sign it even though I hadn't even gotten the final clear from my doctor. The number they have offered me was also significantly lower than i was expecting. I'm not trying to get a huge settlement or anything, and so i didn't get a lawyer and decided to just work out everything with them. but that being said this whole thing has been a huge pain for me and has cost me a significant amount of money as I also had to miss work for a couple months.

    My question is what is the best way to go about declining her settlement offer. Should I immediately go back with a number that i feel comfortable with, or should I wait and let her bring another offer to the table? Ive never been in a situation like this before, and i still havnt been able to go a whole month without having at least one morning when i wake up with a stiff/sore neck that takes a couple days to get back to normal, and this lady is trying to pressure me into settling for a minimal amount.

    submitted by /u/HerbalBalance
    [link] [comments]

    Help! How do people get insurance?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 03:43 PM PST

    Hello, I am reaching out to reddit since I have been doing my online research but its all confusing to me. Basically I want to know how do people get insurance?

    A little info/background, I am 20 years old, live in Florida, USA, and for all of my childhood and teens I have used Medicaid. I am currently taking a break from college and working. From 17 years old I didn't really go to the doctors office or dentist. But I rarely get sick and I haven't had any huge accident or expense up until recently. No cavities and no huge dental problem.

    Now, I have been working since 16 since I come from a very low income family, and now that I'm 20 I rely on myself for my needs. I don't make a lot money since I work a minimum wage full time job but with no benefits. I had Medicaid up until this last month. Since I work "full time" and make "decent enough income" I no longer am eligible for Medicaid. Which worry's me because ever since last year when I started to manage my health visits by myself and no more support from my parent, well my health unfortunately has gotten bad. 2018 was a Horrible year for me, especially health wise. I currently live in a small town and not a lot of high quality doctors here unless you have good health insurance. Since one summer I worked at a pharmacy, I saw so many different types of insurances. From BlueCross to Humana to Cigna and some more.

    My question was how do people have these insurances? Can anyone just sign up? And since it's not Medicaid I read that you will have to pay a lot of money to have insurance. And will probably still have a co pay? I have some doctors/dentist visit coming up and I plan on cancelling them since I can't afford them right now. But I do want to get health/ dental insurance since I also read they are separate as well. Does that mean it's going to cost me even more to have both? I am generally healthy, i am however overweight (working on it, have lost 15 pounds), use glasses, all good teeth but they have gotten a little worse since 18 but never had any cavities.

    submitted by /u/spirited-a-gay
    [link] [comments]

    Cancellation of car insurance

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 10:02 AM PST

    I have purchased a new car and I will be picking it up tomorrow. My insurance company will not give me the price they gave me before purchasing the car so I have got a quote from elsewhere and will be proceeding with that.

    My question is, as I currently pay my car insurance monthly (2 months in) and cancel my insurance do I still have to pay the rest of the loan? I have a cancellation fee of £75 but there is around £600 left to pay, I don't want to be paying 2 separate direct debits. Am I right in thinking that if I cancel I will pay the cancellation fee and then no more direct debits and that will be it? I don't want to be hit with any nasty bills in the future.

    EDIT: I am in the UK

    submitted by /u/fourfortyeight
    [link] [comments]

    Sater damage laptop- renters insurance

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 01:43 PM PST

    Water* damage

    One of the apple employees told me that renters insurance may cover laptop from water damage. I do have renters insurance, but the laptop wasnt in my apartment when this happened. Anyone ever heard of making such a claim and it being approved?

    submitted by /u/Sauntered
    [link] [comments]

    Non-emergency medical transportation in Ontario

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 12:33 PM PST

    Hello all.

    I'm starting a small one-man business for non-emergency medical transportation.

    I have not bought my wheelchair accessible minivan yet, but I would like to know a little more about who offers 'transportation insurance' in Ontario, and any other relevant info if you have it.

    Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/dat_business_walk
    [link] [comments]

    Geico insurance can't buy online

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 08:43 PM PST

    So I'm trying to buy auto insurance from Geico online, filled alll the info they showed the rate, making payment and shows "Thanks for your request. complete paper application." I need insurance right now buying a car tomorrow. Anyone knows to speed up the process?

    submitted by /u/utubecensor
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Increase after no claim?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 07:50 PM PST

    Long story short I was found at fault for an accident, their car had no damages but mine suffered from a bent in door. I'll be calling insurance tomorrow since we legally have to report it to insurance... However I won't be filling a claim because I found a replacement door for just $60 near me. My question is will my insurance go up even though no damage will need to be repaired on their vehicle, I'll be repairing me own, and no tickets were given at the scene?

    submitted by /u/kettlecookedchippies
    [link] [comments]

    Pet insurance

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 06:18 AM PST

    Myself and my bf are currently fostering a retriever/Pyrenees mix, we're hoping to adopt him soon but need to look into insuring him. He's got an undiagnosed skin condition that we want to sort out but need a decent policy that will cover any big costs. Can anyone recommend?

    submitted by /u/bumblej13
    [link] [comments]

    Dental insurance to cover 6k of dental work that needs to be done

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 06:43 PM PST

    So I was complaining to a friend about how much dental work I need done and how much it was going to cost. They found this dental insurance through the VA which I'am a veteran and use VA medical services. My question is with high option with no deductible and no wait period how do they make their money if I just cancel after having all the work done. It's mostly crowns, a root canal, and wisdom teeth extraction. They get the in-network dentist to lower the price by 30-40% https://www.metlife.com/content/dam/metlifecom/us/homepage/vadip/pdf/2019_VADIP_Plan_Summary.pdf

    submitted by /u/parzival2018
    [link] [comments]

    Rear ended someone for the first time today. Questions regarding insurance

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 06:06 PM PST

    Location: Los Angeles, CA

    So today I rear ended someone. The impact was very small, but my license plate frame left a small nick in their rear bumper. I offered to pay for the damages out of pocket to prevent my insurance going up, but the other driver wants to take it to his friends shop for an estimate and he wants to make sure no damage is under the bumper. He drives a brand new Audi A5 so I'm assuming the repairs for a new bumper + paint will be more expensive than I can pay out of pocket.

    I have full coverage on my car. Will I have to pay my deductible in order for my insurance to repair his vehicle? If we go through insurance will my insurance repair damages to my car as well?

    I'm so bummed because the damages to his car are unseen to the naked eye unless you get really close with a flash light. The paint is all still there just needs a buffing.

    Picture of the damage here, it's the small nick to the left of the glare: http://imgur.com/a/nIPQhWG

    submitted by /u/Dongerous
    [link] [comments]

    Renting out My RV

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 02:16 PM PST

    I have a 2017 class C Minnie Winnie and would like to start renting it out. I already have an LLC set up so the next major task is insurance. I assume I need a commercial policy, can anyone recommend a provider, est cost, coverage needed ect. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Troutman86
    [link] [comments]

    Dental Insurance isn’t paying for bill from 2 years ago

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 05:08 PM PST

    I went to the dentist 2 years ago. I had dental insurance through my job and because I was under 25 yrs old I was still on my fathers plan. I put. I put both insurances down and had a few fillings done. A few months later I received a bill in the mail for $460. I call the dentist office and they mention that my insurance I have with my father hasn't paid and they tell me I have to call the insurance and see why they keep denying the claim. I call and the say they are not submitting the form correctly (details are blurry because this happened last year). I call the dentist office back and told them what they were missing on the claim. They fix it and resubmitted it again. They have tried to submit this form 7 times from the last time I spoke to them and the insurance company keeps denying it. I plan on contacting the insurance company again tomorrow although I am not longer covered under them. Is there anything else I can do to get this matter taken care of?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/holleyv11
    [link] [comments]

    ManhattenLife Dental Insurance

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 05:05 PM PST

    Evening! Does anyone have first hand experience with ManhattenLife Dental Insurance? I just found out my mom has dental insurance with them she's never used - she's paid on it for about 18 months. I haven't looked at her documents yet (will check them tomorrow), but visiting their website this seems like a reimbursement type plan. My mom needs to get a dental checkup, cleaning, etc. and s1he was counting on her "insurance" to cover it, but I want to make sure she hasn't been throwing money away. Thanks

    submitted by /u/hugodlr3
    [link] [comments]

    LTD/life benefit opt out

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 12:25 PM PST

    I am wanting to opt out of my company's long term disability and/or life insurance benefit (both of which have premiums). I was told that if I show proof that I have my own private LTD/life insurance, I can opt out. What's the cheapest LTD/life insurance I can get out there? I am looking for the cheapest and don't care about how "good" the insurance policy is. Can it be paid once a month instead of lump sum for the whole year? Also can the private LTD/life insurance be cancelled easily without penalty, like say with one month notice?

    submitted by /u/Timbyts
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best plan for cosmetic bonding?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 04:02 PM PST

    So, I have a few small gaps that I want filled. I've had teeth bonding done before to my two front teeth a few years ago, but needs replacing. I was partially covered with my, then, insurance, covering $50 of the $250/tooth cost. I've seen someone who has Cigna get teeth bonding done only paying $50 out of pocket. Being that I'm in NYC that insurance isn't available here. I was also thinking about not getting insurance and joining Aetna Vital Savings hoping that would cover a good portion of the amount and very little out of pocket for me. Would this be a better idea? If not, What's the best insurance for cosmetic teeth bonding?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gogoyubari-
    [link] [comments]

    Will my Auto Insurance Increase?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 08:11 AM PST

    I recently totaled my car due to snow on the highway. I lost traction and my car fishtailed into the guard rail. Geico says I'm at fault and my father says that, while technically they are correct, my rates won't increase since the police report backs up my story of inclement weather. Is this true?

    submitted by /u/connstudent1996
    [link] [comments]

    My 2003 dodge ram 1500 with a brand new rebuilt motor was determined to be a total loss, how do i calculate whats a fair amount for the truck?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 07:33 AM PST

    Delayed baggage claim with airline

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 05:24 AM PST

    My bag was delayed and I had to buy 400€ of clothes because of this. My credit card insurance company will pay a claim, for the disruption and my personal insurance company will play a claim for the disruption too. They are not paying for the €400 I had to buy. They told me I can claim against the airline.

    When I am making a claim against the airline it has an option to say if the bag is insured or not.

    Am I right in ticking no since I have not made a claim for the purchase of the equipment but just the disruption?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/infern02000
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment