• Breaking News

    Monday, March 4, 2019

    IT Sales Account Executive or IT Sales Executive- What is your salary and commission? Sales and Selling

    IT Sales Account Executive or IT Sales Executive- What is your salary and commission? Sales and Selling


    IT Sales Account Executive or IT Sales Executive- What is your salary and commission?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 06:07 AM PST

    How many hours do you work and salary?

    submitted by /u/Simbacutie
    [link] [comments]

    Generous Pay = Max Results?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 09:57 AM PST

    I own a company that generates business through cold calling. I'm open to other methods but that's how I've been doing things so far.

    The company is young but at a point where I'm looking to focus on the business rather than sales.

    So my thought is to try to be generous with compensation to attract more talented people and incentivize hard work.

    The thing is I can only pay pure commission but the right person can make a lot more because the commission is generous.

    Can I find someone hard working, professional and trustworthy if I compensate generously? Also, can I find someone with sales management experience? Everything is remote so that widens my options.

    submitted by /u/recovery_stem
    [link] [comments]

    What is the target / industry for all of you that have an OTE of 200k+?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 11:31 AM PST

    Hello everybody, I'm curious on what actual targets do you have if you have an OTE of 200k+.

    And in what industry is that?

    Much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/b_moldo
    [link] [comments]

    I just started using LinkedIn Sales Navigator. It's giving me tons of possible prospects and information, but how do 'feel'/know when the time is right for actual contact?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 02:57 AM PST

    Negotiation of base salary

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 08:39 AM PST

    Long time lurker, first time poster-- really love all the advice on here so I thought I'd ask you guys for your insight and past experiences.

    I've been working as a successful Saas AE the past couple years and am now looking for a new AE position at a different company in the area. I've been actively applying and interviewing, but one aspect I haven't been able to overcome is negotiation of base salary. Being in sales I understand a large emphasis is placed on OTE by hitting goal and making more money by surpassing quota to hit kickers. I'm trying to figure out an angle to leverage in negotating a higher base/OTE and would love your guy's insights.

    Also when is the appropriate time to negotiate salary? I had always assume upon being presented the actual offer at the end, but I also hear during the initial recruiting process.

    Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/WolfOfSaaSStreet
    [link] [comments]

    A little help in time management?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 06:17 AM PST

    Recently took on a regional sales manager role. Big step up for me.. So far I am doing well and feel like a part of the team. Time management on this level has proven difficult (also didn't have a sales manager for awhile/He just started)... Between flying every other week and managing 13 states...both direct sales and through channels/dealers.. It has proven to be difficult for me to develop a good routine. Can someone post an idea of what my day should look like (oh yeah, I am booked out until April..but I need to find a method in planning my travel also). Typically I am booking travel around large direct and channels opps. I want to sleep good and hopefully have a life.. I appreciate any thoughtful advice. I am not here to be beat up, so if it's a bad day for you, I am sorry, but please keep negativity to yourself. Otherwise, Have a great week everyone!

    submitted by /u/daseined
    [link] [comments]

    Overcoming Objections

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 11:48 AM PST

    Hello all!

    I am the co-owner of a small business, in which I am primarily in charge of sales. It is B2B and we made our first sale in January and have grown every month. However, I am brand new to sales and all of our sales have been from cold calling in which there were minimal or absolutely no objections. I am confident that we would be growing much quicker if I knew how to handle objections. Whenever an objection comes up, I normally do not deflect it at all and that opportunity is lost. I have gotten into the habit of going back over the calls after I am done and figuring out what I should have said, but that has not translated into live cold calling yet. Is there a philosophy or a tactic so that when the cold call is happening I am reminded to deflect rather than agree? Normally as the conversation goes on I start to pace around the room and when the objection comes up I feel uncomfortable with the skill of deflecting and end up losing a potential customer.

    TL:DR; What is the best method to remind a rookie to deflect objections rather than agree out of comfort.

    submitted by /u/Rumber
    [link] [comments]

    What is most important to put on my resume as a former sales person (I did travel sales for over 6 years)? I’m organizing and redoing my Linkedin profile by the way. I’m looking to move into different sales and not travel. More intrigued by tech sales.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 08:59 AM PST

    What is easiest and most efficient way to Clean Data?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 05:54 AM PST

    So I have a database of some 30,000 contacts and phone numbers on a spreadsheet made in 2014/2015 of facility managers and DM's I need to clean.

    What is the most efficient way and easiest way to clean this? Would love your thoughts I've worked out the maths to clean it in a year (250 working days) would take 110 calls a day.

    Any thoughts on how to streamline this and get the best results as I still have targets to hit

    submitted by /u/AntiSocialMackerel
    [link] [comments]

    Defending a trial period from extension

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 12:10 PM PST

    If you've ever offered a [paid] trial period for your SaaS product, how have you defended against:

    • extended trial terms (i.e. 30 days negotiated to 45 days before signing an SA)
    • extending trial terms at the end of a trial (i.e. after 30 days in the trial period, they want to negotiate additional days to continue playing with the platform)

    Thanks /r/sales

    submitted by /u/throwawaybrooklynny
    [link] [comments]

    How Does Sales Pay Compared to Other Careers?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 12:09 PM PST

    Particularly SaaS sales/tech sales are you able to make more than an engineer, lawyer, doctor other normally high paying jobs on avg? I hear a lot of crazy numbers thrown around here and just wondering if its true especially in Toronto?

    submitted by /u/Iron_feman
    [link] [comments]

    Being an SDR in a startup vs a larger organization

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 12:04 PM PST

    I worked for a pretty large sales team (with almost 75 SDR's) in a sort of niche territory. It was very poorly managed with virtually no rules of engagement so I left.

    Im looking at quite a few series A startups and a lot of the pain points I had in a large sales team I dont think I would have here. I was looking for a generic review of what SDR life is like for a startup.

    For me benefits I see:

    1) Less within competition, so I can engage almost any good fit

    2) Faster progress to commissions. Quite frankly my previous job had some shitty training anyway, but startups (that I talk to) need their SDR's ramped up/onboarded fast

    3) Many managers promise total OTE as long as you're doing a good job

    4) More opportunity to advance without having to gladiator battle 75 other sdrs to get the next AE spot

    5) Potentially a game changing product (if youre lucky)

    Im sure there are some cons here or there but just looking for thoughts. My general TL;DR startups can be good places if you have your basic training ready and a few months of experience already.

    submitted by /u/sleepingtalent901
    [link] [comments]

    Career/job fairs -- what to expect?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 02:16 AM PST

    I'm going to a few sales career/job fairs this month to find my first sales job. I want a Saas sales job but I'm open to other things. Anybody here have experience with these job fairs? What are some do's and don'ts (besides the usual bring resumes and dress professionally)? Can I find a great job at one of these things?

    I suspect I'll encounter some jobs I really know I don't want, like Enterprise rent-a-car and the like.

    submitted by /u/gringoslim
    [link] [comments]

    We need a part time sales rep - any thoughts on where to look?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 11:52 AM PST

    Hey all,

    So, we are in need of a part time sales rep that could handle leads/phone calls that we get through our site - the issue is that the calls aren't predictable since users go to our site and to get a quote but usually want to do a call with someone about their purchase.

    There are usually only about 5-10 calls per day, and some emails as well.

    Is there anywhere to find a part time rep that may be working for other companies as well? We're in the kitchen/bath space so they would need a bit of home renovation knowledge as well.

    I appreciate any advice!

    submitted by /u/fourthround
    [link] [comments]

    Sending proposal at the same time of the contract?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 11:43 AM PST

    To give a little context: Right now we've been sending proposal to warmed prospects separate from our contract for the services we provide. These prospects always know they are getting the proposal since we've already discussed our services with them over the phone.

    The proposal we have is one page that simply shows the price breakdown for our services. What I'm wondering is that would it be more effective to send the proposal at the same time as our contract (via Docusign) this way the prospect has a chance to review the contract too and if they are ready to sign right away,

    I feel that I lose out on opportunities when sending them separate as they end up going cold afterwards. Thoughts on the best strategic approach? happy to provide more detail about our company if needed to help.

    submitted by /u/iamthemagik
    [link] [comments]

    Just Got Into B2B

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 06:39 PM PST

    Hi folks. I just got a job doing B2B. The company and team are extremely new, I am part of the first team ever hired. I don't have experience doing B2B, so I would really appreciate if you guys could give me some advice. Tell me what works for you, so maybe I can try and copy.

    Cheers,

    submitted by /u/00Henrique00
    [link] [comments]

    Any UK salesmen here?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 12:45 AM PST

    Hi Lads,

    interested to see if there are any UK salesmen here.

    1) What do you sell?

    2) How long have you been doing it?

    3) Earning potential?

    Thanks gents.

    submitted by /u/calexy4
    [link] [comments]

    Changing careers, looking for advice about National General Insurance sales

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 10:21 AM PST

    I have an interview tomorrow for a benefits advisor (really a sales position) with National General Insurance. I had a phone interview with them where they told me that they pay an hourly base pay of $17 with a commission structure on top of that. I'm very comfortable with sales, and not put off by the idea of making outbound sales calls all day. I am interested in switching industries and would like to use this opportunity to get my foot in the door. They advertised a great 7-week training program, and said that they would help me get my insurance licensing and that I would get a $1000 bonus when that is completed.

    Has anyone worked for them before? Do they actually train their employees, or just throw them on the phones and wait for them to sink or swim? Will they actually help me get my licensure, and pay a bonus? What red flags should I look for in the interview, or questions should I ask them to determine the viability of this as a career option for me? Any input would be super appreciated.

    submitted by /u/xprettyguardianx
    [link] [comments]

    In what countries can sales people make the most money today (regardless of industry)

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 06:17 PM PST

    How to get a sales job with absolutely no experience?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 09:38 AM PST

    CRM

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 09:31 AM PST

    Hi I am part of a service sales team at around 4 million in revenue a year our goal is to get between 5-7 million. We have 5 sales rep and cover three states. Our current "crm" is a spreadsheet on Google docs listing client activity. To be honest it's hard to monitor and most of the reps are remote.

    What are the benefits of implementing a crm such as Salesforce?

    submitted by /u/Ohjeez01
    [link] [comments]

    SaaS Comp Plans

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 12:55 AM PST

    I'm starting a new job which pays 10% of the first year contract value, with very small kickers when you reach your quota.

    If you close a multi year contract, you won't get paid on subsequent years, but you'll make an extra point for each additional year. 2 year deal you make 11%, 12% for 3 etc. $150k base - $300 OTE.

    How's this compare with what you are in the market?

    submitted by /u/Pic619
    [link] [comments]

    Best industry or product for Software sales?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2019 06:11 PM PST

    Hey Everyone,
    I have been in sales for all of my short career. I started working as an SDR at one company for roughly 8 months, switched to a new company and now I'm working as a full-cycle software rep. I sell ERP software to a very niche client base and enjoy sales but 1. Haven't found as much success as I'd hoped for and 2. Am not entirely interested in the product/type of software I sell.

    I am very eager to find a new software sales role with a growing company that will not be a flash in the pan... I'm curious as to hear if anyone has suggestions for types of products or specific industries in which they think a sales rep could make a killing. What are the up and coming areas? I am trying to focus on things that interest me but I'm not sure of all of the possibilities (what better place to find them than r/sales) Any of other suggestions or feedback are obviously welcome.

    submitted by /u/Jam6554
    [link] [comments]

    Do or don’t - commission only sales people?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2019 02:05 AM PST

    I run a small influencer marketing agency. We also sell courses to influencers and brands, so we're spread fairly thin and sales for our agency needs more attention.

    I understand dropping our courses would free up time, but we'd rather not because it makes our overall business model more scalable, though our agency is what can really impact our revenue.

    I've heard of other agencies bringing in commission only salespeople, but that would never entice me personally, so I'd find it hard trying to convince other people that they want to do it.

    Is there a market for salespeople who are willing to do this and will actually be committed to it? What experiences have other agency or business owners had with this?

    submitted by /u/Kucey0
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment