• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 30, 2019

    I started a small business and my biggest fear has come true. small business

    I started a small business and my biggest fear has come true. small business


    I started a small business and my biggest fear has come true.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 07:04 PM PDT

    I started a sticker business, making custom vinyl decals, functional planner stickers, home decor signs, etc. Granted, it's only been a few months that it's been up, but my biggest fear has come true— my only buyers are family. Family who I honestly think are only buying things because they feel bad for me. I need to get my business out there more, but I don't know how to reach the right audience. I need to advertise my products more, but I need things to make! I can literally do almost any image, any sign, any kind of sticker... I need to know how to get my business out there.

    submitted by /u/brinleen
    [link] [comments]

    Any suggestion for small business to start up with 30k capital ?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 01:43 AM PDT

    Going from hobby to small business

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 05:36 PM PDT

    I make handmade goods that I've been casually selling on Etsy and casually marketing via closed hobby groups. We're talking no more than $1000 a year. I otherwise am unemployed and my husband is the breadwinner bringing in six figures, Washington State.

    I'd like to take this a little more seriously, maybe do some conventions, street fairs, etc and also protect my family in case of lawsuit. I'm looking at an LLC and insurance.

    I'm worried about bookkeeping and filing taxes. I purchase many supplies in an informal fashion, sometimes in trade, they're often difficult to value. I give away product, trade it, and sell it on other platforms besides Etsy. Keeping track of inventory, income and expenses would be challenging.

    All advice and opinions appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/digitalgadget
    [link] [comments]

    1 month into my new business I have more work than I can handle. What do I do?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 07:02 AM PDT

    I have a "1 man and a pickup truck" type service. I ride around in my pickup truck doing 1 man moving jobs.

    I actually stopped my advertisements from running yesterday because I'm swamped. Everyone tells me I should hire an employee, but with a 1 month old business, I don't know the particulars of how jobs will work and problems that will arise so how can I train an employee?

    submitted by /u/zeusophobia1
    [link] [comments]

    Any bar owners here? I want to make my own

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 06:46 PM PDT

    I've been looking to start a business with my brother for some months now, recently I travelled to Orlando (I'm from Chile) and I loved how awesome bars are here. In Chile, 99% of the bars are the same, and I think I can risk it and try to make something innovative.

    I've never done anything like this before, I've attempted to build a couple of software startups but nothing I can call "successful". I have a pretty decent job and my plan would be to save money while I plan the bar with my brother as a side project.

    I'd love to learn from any success / failure stories and I'm looking for common pitfalls and advice in general. I'm sure I'll make dumb mistakes along the way but I'm planning on getting as informed as I can at first so that I can increase my chances of success.

    Thanks people!

    P.S.

    If I end up making this bar and you ever come to Chile, drinks are on me ;)

    submitted by /u/Narzerus
    [link] [comments]

    Hi all!, I created a service that connects you with a personal assistant for <$5 / hr

    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 02:28 AM PDT

    Why pay $400/hr to my local lawyer when I can form an LLC in 20 minutes with just the state filing fees? Is it worth it to pay the $400 to have him act as my registered agent? How to stay anonymous without paying $400 to him? I don’t want myself as the registered agent, because that would be public.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 06:37 AM PDT

    Sole Proprietor or single person LLC?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 03:33 PM PDT

    I'm an individual that owns an apparel Etsy and sells at conventions. I just filed my taxes and made $155k last year but filed as a loss (clothing production is expensive).

    The accountant that filed my taxes urged I become an LLC for liability reasons since I produce clothing. My roommates had an LLC because an accountant told them to and ultimately had to dissolve their business and because of the fees.

    Does anyone here know what's best? I'm most comfortable remaining a sole proprietor with an EIN but don't know anymore.

    Thanks for y'all's help.

    submitted by /u/KoryBantic
    [link] [comments]

    You do need really huge energy, both mental and physic to manage your business, don’t you?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 06:22 AM PDT

    I'm in the beginning stages and the hurdles seem kind of overwhelming.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 02:40 PM PDT

    I have a business partner, a great and fleshed-out idea, pages and pages of plans and notes, and the free time and passion to work on next steps. One of our goals is forming an LLC, and right now we're just following along with this guide from legalzoom: https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/forming-a-business-entity for forming an LLC. But man there are so many steps involved! Not that I expected forming a small business to be easy, I guess I'm just curious to hear if anybody found themselves thinking similar thoughts when they first started down this path?

    submitted by /u/BlitzAce71
    [link] [comments]

    Unemployment in PA while working for a small business

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 10:53 PM PDT

    I need help. I work for a design company of less than 20 people. I was unemployed this past summer and joined this company in November. Recently the company started having financial issues and client workflow problems. They ask everyone to take reduced hours but I feel a bit singled out as I was taken aside and given 0 hours until more work comes in. I'm to call every Monday to find out if I'm needed that week. So far I am still the only employee not working at all even though many are working a reduced schedule. It's been 3 weeks and without any straight answers I plan on going in Monday to sit down with management and tell them I need to collect unemployment since I can't go this long without income. Question, do I need to inform them that I will be filing for unemployment? Other question is, I believe in PA I can take unemployment as I am still an employee but my hours were reduced with no fault of my own. I don't want to go look for another job as I'm trying to stop hopping from place to place as work dries up a lot in my industry and I never seem to see more than 1 holiday party at any company I work for. Please any advice is helpful.

    submitted by /u/vans9140
    [link] [comments]

    I'm looking to produce 5 free B2B customer case studies in exchange for testimonials, anyone interested in this free offer?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 09:38 PM PDT

    Here's the deal.

    I am putting together a platform for a better way to produce B2B case studies. I am not sure if I am allowed to share the url here, so I can share it through a message to interested people.

    I'm looking for 5 startups that have some existing client/s (size of business or industry etc. doesn't matter, as long as you are in B2B) who have experienced a significant value against the product/ service offerings.

    The goal is to measure the impact the case study has on the rate of prospects converting into users or closing sale.

    In exchange for writing and producing the case studies, I would like to publish the results, before and after, on my website, and have you provide a testimonial I can use publicly (again on my site), including a photo of you and your title.

    If you're interested, PM me with some info about your startup to initiate the conversation.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/b2bcs
    [link] [comments]

    Customer complaint

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 08:17 PM PDT

    Customer calls to book a tour - we book her and she pays via the portal and gets a confirmation email. Day before the appointment, we email her a confirmation with directions again as a reminder. Their time rolls around today, no show. We call, no answer, leave message. Few hours later we get an angry email about getting turned away in the shop by a very rude lady. My wife and I were both standing there with nobody in the shop. So we figure she must've gone to some other address by mistake, or is simply lying. We tell her we didn't see anyone and certainly didn't send anyone away, she emails back outraged by our "talking back" and demands to know what to do to make things up to her. We offer to rebook. No response.

    I'm sure we'll get a 1-star yelp or google review soon 🙄

    What would you do?

    submitted by /u/behemuthm
    [link] [comments]

    What was the final solution for organization for you?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 08:00 PM PDT

    I'm a one man show with someone who helps me part time. For the most part, everything falls on me and I pick and choose what I can delegate to this person.

    Most of the time I end up putting out fires. I've tried to organize myself with apps such as Things (to do sort of app), Evernote / Bear / Onenote (taking notes from training, vendor meetings, customer meetings, market feedback, etc) and with our Zoho One app between Zoho Books and CRM and projects. Oh and also a physical notebook. I'm now trying out Jobber but I don't think this will go well.

    The different kinds of activities we do are:

    • Simple product sale
    • Completely involved new product sale + installation (lots of steps, dealing with outside vendors, usually 2-4 month process)
    • Export sales
    • Receiving stuff at the warehouse
    • Visiting new customer leads to close new sales
    • Invoicing, quoting, arranging payments, collecting payments

    I'm probably missing something but that's the gist of it. I can't seem to find a groove in being organized. Anybody in similar shoes that found something that just worked?

    submitted by /u/obsessedserial
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever hired a commercial cleaner for your business?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 06:46 PM PDT

    Just starting out..we're about 2 weeks in to owning our cleaning business. My wife has been a cleaner for years..so there is plenty of cleaning experience to go around. Just wondering..if you have hired a cleaner to clean your office / warehouse ..wherever you work..what sets the one you hire apart from the ones you didn't? We are doing pretty well so far with house cleaning customers..already had two bookings in the first 3 days if Google/ flyers / postcards..but would definitely like to Target business work for steady cleans..any help would be awesome . Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/GdaIV747
    [link] [comments]

    [How To] Get Over Sales Slumps

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 01:55 PM PDT

    Hey Everyone.
    we thought this could help everyone with the current sales status
    https://ehubsolutions.com/tag/sales-slump

    let us know if this was helpful

    submitted by /u/eHub_Solutions
    [link] [comments]

    Is my entrepreneurial seizure too much for me where my life currently stands?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 01:47 PM PDT

    I'm a twenty nine year old male and parent working 40-50 hours a week. No background or degree in business. How realistic is my dream of opening a small business? I'm interested in opening an axe throwing business.

    submitted by /u/Alfredo90
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get and retain clients?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 03:52 PM PDT

    I just started freelancing as a web developer. Does anyone in here tread the same path? I'm looking for advice on how to get my first client. I don't have a lot experience under my belt but I sure know my craft.

    submitted by /u/danielfalonipe
    [link] [comments]

    So about Capital one Spark business checking.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 01:15 PM PDT

    Bill pay is no longer a thing. Does that also mean that we cannot pay our credit card bill using the account? If that's the case WOOW

    submitted by /u/Marinho_10
    [link] [comments]

    New business help

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 12:33 PM PDT

    I am opening a co-working space. I have 4200 sq ft. Please give me your suggestions. The I own other businesses (medical) and I have an opportunity with some extra space. None of the larger companies have ventured in to this growing area. I've done research, but I have no experience in this area.

    submitted by /u/junat
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for advice on how to approach a customer about offering services.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 12:32 PM PDT

    So a little background before I get into the jist of my question. I started own my own small R&D company about a year ago after getting laid off. After a good start, I had to take on some side contract work doing sales and support for another company in the same industry as my old employer(in fact its the major competitor to my old employer) that builds a couple niche products with like multiple variants of the products. This particular industry is totally B2B, fairly small, incestuous and everyone knows everyone else.

    At a trade show I attended with the company I contract with, we had a meeting with the #1 purchaser of their products. They knew me and I knew them from my interactions from my previous employer, I was doing basically the same thing with a different logo on my shirt. This supplier is looking to expand their offerings of products and had asked if this company would like to help them develop them. They were mostly variants on existing products. As the conversation went on the request list quickly grew out of their niche of products to other totally different products.

    After listening to the list, I know I can supply them a bunch of the things they are looking for outside of the wheelhouse of the company I am contracted too.

    So the question. How would approach this supplier to offer your services to the R&D for the products they are looking for? Like I said, we all know each and they are familiar with me and vice versa. The company I am contracted to could build these products that are outside their niche but their engineering resources are booked up for a couple years. I have 2 of the products they are looking 1/2 designed already from my first project I took on as my R&D company that fell apart after the person that hired me died. However, I need this contract job right now to pay bills until something takes off.

    Just approach the supplier, pitch my idea and go from there? Let the guys I have the contract with know I am going to do approach the supplier and offer my services for the products they aren't/can't build? I just want to make sure I don't make it look like I am stepping on people's toes. I spent 15 years making my name in that industry and I don't want to blow it up.

    submitted by /u/BizQueestion
    [link] [comments]

    Someone keeps putting up our phone number on indeed.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 08:13 AM PDT

    Currently I work at a retail shop and I get calls every now and then asking if I am hiring. The person who called recently said our phone number is on indeed. Is there anything we can do? It seems like someone put up our store phone number on indeed. Can you even list numbers on indeed?

    submitted by /u/hizeto
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to understand the requirements and regulations of a small candy business selling across state borders.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 11:37 AM PDT

    I've been making hard candy (and some times gummies) for friends and families for a few years now, and after some encouragement would like to start making, packaging and selling my products inside my state and outside my home state of New York.

    I've read up on the cottage laws and home prcoessor rules and regulations, but these restrict where I can sell my product pretty harshly (no selling outside of the state, only able to sell at whole-sale events or on premises).

    I've read about 20-C Licensing but every time I read a source on what it covers the list changes to either include or exclude candy making.

    Can anyone point me in the direction of a definitive (or close to definitive) source on what would be required of me to make a small business out of my candy making efforts? My products are mostly novelty and would primarily be sold over the internet.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/zigerzigs
    [link] [comments]

    How do you define productivity? Is it different than how others define it?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 11:29 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment