• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 30, 2019

    How you can social engineer your outreach when you can’t find anything online about your prospect Sales and Selling

    How you can social engineer your outreach when you can’t find anything online about your prospect Sales and Selling


    How you can social engineer your outreach when you can’t find anything online about your prospect

    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 07:28 AM PDT

    This has been working well for me and my team recently so thought I'd share. We're always looking to social engineer our outreach and add personalization to our cold email.

    However, anyone who's done enough of this will know that sometimes you don't have anything that you can link clearly enough to your messaging.

    We've simply been adding this line to our second email.

    John

    Circling back on this. With you being a veteran at XYZ company since 96 you seemed like a great starting point.

    OR

    John

    Circling back on this. Appreciate you've not long joined XYZ company so wasn't sure if you were the best starting point.

    OR

    John

    Circling back on this. I see you've been with XYZ company since 2014 and figured you'd know enough by now to point me in the right direction.

    So basically we've been highlighting how long they've been with the company based on their LinkedIn profile in our second email and response rate is looking to be around 40%, which in comparison to our usual of less than 10% across a team of 20 is pretty good.

    Next steps will be incorporating it into the opener of email 1 and seeing how it does. Anyone have experience with similar messaging?

    submitted by /u/MiracleDealer
    [link] [comments]

    Why Referrals Are The Way to Go

    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 10:02 AM PDT

    I know that many of us here have no choice but to endlessly cold call, cold email, etc. If that's all you are allowed to do, then this post is likely not for you (and I FEEL for you).

    I made a conscious decision a while back to try to get really, really good at fostering referrals. Why did I do this? The biggest reason is that my close rate on warm, qualified leads referred into me is CRAZY compared to what I can generate cold calling.

    I've been really working on fostering referrals, and I've invested in learning everything I can about how to do it. Up until recently, I was still in a "wait and see" to determine if this could really pay off. I've been getting decent results for a while, and then quite good results after a while more. Finally this week I can NOT deny that I had made the right choice.

    This week I received no less that FIVE hot, qualified referrals into organizations that need what my company provides. They all were pretty much already sold before they ever met me. One of the five literally told me they didn't even need to meet with me and "when can we start" based on someone they trust recommending my services.

    I'm sorry but I'm just kind of floating. It's a whole new world. I just had to share it with someone.

    So I guess if any of you are feeling lost or desperate about having to do endless cold calling, etc., and if you are in a position where you are allowed to be a little creative, then I would encourage you to try to switch at least SOME of your activities to building up really good referral resources. It CAN be done!

    submitted by /u/LibbyNator
    [link] [comments]

    Salespeople of Reddit who spend 50% + of their time driving - How do you stay productive in the car?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 08:34 PM PDT

    I spend most of my time in the office and can't even imagine trying to get anything done while spending so much of the day driving. I was recently chatting with a friend who spends most of their day driving between meetings. It was the first time i'd heard the term "windshield time" and how it generally represents the time you lose while driving.

    Are there any tricks you've found to stay productive (Using Siri to take notes, etc)?

    Safety is another question. I have to assume it's tempting to use your phone all the time to check things and respond to emails.

    submitted by /u/jstanley24
    [link] [comments]

    I have a Video Interview next week but only have a stool/couch to sit on. Which one would be better for to sit on for the interview?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 09:14 AM PDT

    I feel that a coach may come off as too casual and show I'm not taking the role seriously. A Stool seems okay, but it may come off as weird as well since I expect they would expect me to sit on some type of chair. Which one would be better? Am I overthinking this?

    Any feedback would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/mn544
    [link] [comments]

    Stereotypical company that does business with lead gen agencies?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 09:31 AM PDT

    I'm trying to understand who are the primary types of companies that are in demand for leads, which makes them do business with lead gen agencies?

    If you could paint a picture of a stereotypical company that does business with a lead gen agency, what would that company look like? At least some general commonalities on how many employees (employee number range) do they usually have, what stage they're in, the basic telltale signals.

    On the flipside, what types of companies DON'T need leads? Do they have a certain range of employees? Do they have specific team departments that handle getting new leads and new business? Can I find some clues on their annual statements, or on Glassdoor?

    Knowing that would put me on the right track on developing my ICP further, and it would help me avoid companies who don't have lead generation problem, so that I don't fill up my pipeline with poor quality leads.

    Thank you to everyone at r/sales, I've learned so much from this sub during the last 2-3 months.

    submitted by /u/nehardElhidine
    [link] [comments]

    I want a start in sales

    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 08:14 AM PDT

    I'm a business school drop out.

    Going back to college is not financially possible for me (at least not in any realistic sense).

    People tell me I have a way with words, it works on nights out in dingy student night so who's to say it won't work in a professional setting?

    I have applied for a position with a home security/fire alarm company who are very well known in Ireland.

    If I'm not successful how should I approach this?
    Try and meet people face to face?
    Scouring the net for jobs?

    What about job experience? I have nothing at all relevant.

    CVs?

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/seanf999
    [link] [comments]

    To those who are on draw vs. commission

    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 08:10 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I work at a dealership and recently my department has changed. Rather than being a jack of all trades (buying, selling, and selling stiffs) they're moving us to just used sales and giving us a leg up by providing us exclusively with credit leads. I'm currently making $12/hr with $50 a deal and average about 32-35k a year. Not much. If I take draw it will be $500 a week and 13% of total gross profit with a $500 bonus at 12 units delivered. I haven't been enjoying my job because of the pay I'm at, but having bills I'm worried about being in the hole if I take draw. Would you recommend it? What do you guys do on a bad month?

    submitted by /u/Welsher808
    [link] [comments]

    How was your quarter?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 08:54 PM PDT

    Information about outsourcing cold outreach to a professional appointment setter

    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 06:34 AM PDT

    Does anyone have experience outsourcing cold outreach to an offshore or onshore appointment setter? I'm not talking about hiring an in-house employee but hiring a contractor or company. If so, I would appreciate some advice or information about how it works.

    I have researched a list of leads in my local area who I believe would benefit from the services of my SEO agency. I was considering hiring a professional appointment setter to call each lead and try to setup a meeting with myself to 'close the deal'.

    Some of the questions I have are:

    • Do you normally pay an hourly rate or commission per appointment, if so, what is a reasonable amount?

    • What sort of telephony software or systems do you use?

    • Any recommendations about where to recruit?

    • Any other useful information based on your experiences.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Feather-Green
    [link] [comments]

    What could be some unique strategies to make sales of a SAAS product in a competitive market?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 10:59 PM PDT

    Hi,

    We are planning to launch a SAAS product in a densely competitive market.

    What could be some unique strategies to make sales or get the initial traction?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/technext
    [link] [comments]

    Going for Promotions???

    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 06:17 AM PDT

    So I'm currently in a cable sales role and I'm doing pretty well and making great money.

    I've been here 6 months and I'm already a top performer making great money. I really like the company and I want to become a supervisor so I can further my career and I just feel at this point in my life I need to start making these upward moves(I'm 26).

    The only problem is it seems some supervisors make less than I do and have worse schedules.

    I work 8-5 and make a little over $100,000.

    From what I've gathered most supervisors make $80,000-$100,000 and your shift can very based off how good of a supervisor you are.

    Have any of you guys had experience in this type of situation and what happened when you moved up.

    submitted by /u/BryMP
    [link] [comments]

    Relocating to Minneapolis, Austin, or Denver for a job. Which tech companies are the best?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 05:28 AM PDT

    I have last sales experience in real estate and also a technical background doing web development / AWS cloud.

    I've got 3 technical AWS certifications and my CompTIA Security+.

    I'm looking to relocate to Minneapolis, Denver, or Austin.

    Is there any specific companies I should reach out to that are great to sell for in the tech space? Any good sales recruiters you have used?

    I'm looking ideally for a sales engineering role, but welcome an SDR role if it's a great company.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/InfoSecJelly
    [link] [comments]

    How to ask for a promotion SDR > AE

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    Hey good people r/Sales.

    I'm 23 years old, 7 months into my SDR job and am crushing it.

    I work at a fast growth startup here in SF - 200 people and have consistently been over 100% quota.

    The past couple months I've hit over 200% and I am confident I would be a good AE.

    Typically SDR's at my company get promoted after 12 months but i'm consistently out performing all the SDR's on the team. I want to be that exception and ask for a promotion.

    What would be the best way to approach this? Any tips or advice is appreciated. This would be huge for me.

    Have a good weekend people.

    submitted by /u/Techformoney
    [link] [comments]

    Cintas base salary?

    Posted: 30 Mar 2019 08:29 AM PDT

    I searched this sub and couldn't really find a solid answer, but can anyone provide me with a base salary range for an entry-level Cintas outside sales rep in the Southern California market? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Manning01
    [link] [comments]

    Account Executive v.s. Account Manager in a SaaS sales org.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 08:12 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    Would love to hear from both sides, I am curious where to take my SaaS sales career as I am current a SDR at a tech company in SF. As I consider advancing my career it is weighing heavily on my if I would want to be an account manager (renewals and upsells) or account exec closing new business.

    I see positives and negatives to both, account manager side, you have a finite amount of opportunities but from speaking with others, your income and commission is a bit more predictable and comes with less risk. You get the pleasure of dealing with angry customers having to act as a CSM and sometimes put out fires that are the mistakes of others just to save a renewal.

    The more traditional route, in my opinion is account exec closing new business. Opportunities are colder but such is life in sales, the sky is also the limit within reason for how large your pipleline can be.

    Would love to get your input, also feel free to speak to the work life balance of the two.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/pmomorg
    [link] [comments]

    Heard of No-Negotiation Policy?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 05:41 PM PDT

    Had a final round interview with a new tech company for a SaaS sales role this past week, got great vibes from the CEO and everyone else, and am anticipating an offer soon.

    The head of talent acquisition talked briefly about next steps, and said they have a no-negotiation policy, where they "make the best offer they can" the first time, then don't engage in negotiations after that. Said this not only applies to financial compensation, but benefits and side topics also.

    Is this standard at many companies? Should I try to negotiate anyway if I get an offer?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Max_768
    [link] [comments]

    Does my job suck?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 07:40 PM PDT

    So I've been at this job for about half a year now and I'm starting have my doubts. I'm 21 years old and working kiosk sales for a local electricity retailer on the east coast.

    Minimum wage just got pushed to $15 here in Jan, and I make that plus commission. I have previous sales experience doing b2c and while I'm not the top sales guy on my team by any means, I still am not the worst and produce average numbers and hit the middle commission brackets.

    Before I get into it I will admit I do have my own pitfalls and ruts I fall into, and absolutely have areas which I could improve, and by no means am I trying to imply that I am perfect and out complete blame onto the company, however these are just things that I am struggling to accept.

    The main problems that I have aren't the pay, or the product I'm selling (it's a decent product at a fair rate tbh) but the majority of it is a mix of two things.

    1. The hours. It seems like I don't have time to do anything anymore. I don't have time to do my fucking laundry it seems like. I understand that you work long hours in sales, which is something I'm not bitching about, but I work strictly 12 hour days, 60 hour weeks, sometimes 8, 9, 10 days in a row, not counting the travel time it takes. (I was told I would be working around 45-50 hours a week) that wouldn't be so bad either if it wasn't for the fact that I'm usually always called in on my days off and get treated like a criminal if I don't come in.

    I feel like my relationships are taking a hit, I can never hang out with my friends because I always work weekends, I don't talk to my parents as much, I see my girlfriend maybe like once a week, I was fucking jacked going into this job and now I've gained like 15 IB and only go to the gym like once a week. It's definitely hit my confidence in a big way, and I'm always so tired that when I do get a day off I just want to lay back and do absolutely nothing.

    On top of that, they always want me to do other shit like read this book, or listen to this, come to this wine party we're having on your day off, come hang out with me on my shift if you want to learn how to do it etc like how the hell am I gonna find the time to do this shit?

    1. The expectations. If you work a twelve and don't get a sale you might as well be a fucking loser. Most of the time I at least get something during most days, but according to them, if you're not getting top signer numbers you might as well get be a fuckin scrub. The training was like literally like 1 day meet and greet and they just sent you out there by yourself. You don't really even see your co-workers except for if you hang out with them individually. (There are a couple locations where two of you work at the same time which is actually pretty fun tbh) it's almost like you're judged based on your daily numbers and not your monthly, like regular sales jobs I've had. It's very rare that I've been encouraged by my mangers and it seems like all anyone does is critique me. Even while there are people here that literally get nothing every single day, I feel like they just let them slide along without really being too hard on them.

    The place has an unbelievably bad retention rate. There has been so many people that have went through this joint the last three months that I honestly had to write all the names down and could count at least 15 off the top of my head. There are so many new people on my team all the time I honestly have to sometimes just struggle to remember whose who. To be fair though, I like the majority of people in the company as a whole. There are a lot of cool people that I actually really enjoy being around and hanging out with and the only thing I dislike is that I don't get to see most of them enough.

    In summary, I dislike a huge amount about the way this company is run, however I somehow feel that if I turned this down and quit, I would some what be giving away a huge opportunity for growth and a potential career.

    Overall, I just wanted to get some advice because I'm not quite sure if it is just my limiting beliefs, and looking into things maybe a little too deeply, and maybe I just need to really just try to get my shit together even more and just try harder to be more responsible with what I have?Or is there actually a deeper problem at the heart of all this and should I start looking for other options.

    Would really like some other opinions on this from more experienced sales reps in the subreddit. Thank you guys so much.

    submitted by /u/EDHARRINGTON
    [link] [comments]

    Share you crazy sales stories

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 04:42 PM PDT

    Hey guys, would love to hear some fun/fail stories that happened to you at work.
    Maybe it will teach someone a lesson and save a job :)

    submitted by /u/Badoyan
    [link] [comments]

    Is Starting Your Own Business The End Game?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 09:43 PM PDT

    For you guys in tech sales/SaaS is founding your own start up a goal you want to achieve eventually? Any other sales people start their own business? Has sales prepared you for this? Is it a viable option after 10-15 yrs of sales exp?

    submitted by /u/Iron_feman
    [link] [comments]

    2 objections

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 05:54 PM PDT

    1. Why should we do business with you?
    2. Send me an email

    Hey all,

    A little background: so I am in a very long sales cycle (financial wholesaling), our product is the same in the IMO channel. Also a prospect will not get contracted unless they have a client who is going to write.

    Does anyone have a good phrase when answering #1? I know you can say service yada yada yada but it's really hard when you are representing the exact same carriers and products as everyone else....

    For #2 sometimes I comply and send an email and then follow up and set one later down the line. My thought there is usually it is no use to them if they are in tax season, ect.

    Any insight appreciated

    submitted by /u/JerryThompson2018
    [link] [comments]

    Appearantly I've failed my my Team and I got suspended for it.

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 02:45 PM PDT

    So I recently got employed at Metro by T-Mobile. My first sales job and I like it. But I recently got suspended for not offering any of the extra stuff and going through a customer account review. The account review helps with surveys and such.

    I could tell this customer was in a hurry so I figured I'd just do the bill pay for this guy and have him be on his way.

    Two days later the owner of the franchise pulls me into the back and leads the conversation with, "I am so disappointed and how could you do this?" Without even giving me a hint at what I did wrong. Through out this conversation I felt like he was was treating my like a scumbag and a thief for want to make sure the customer got where he needed to be on time.

    Anyways, I got put on suspension, and I have no idea for how long to reflect on how I "failed" the company.

    So anyone have anyone have any thoughts? I'm not even sure I want to go back to work for them in all honesty.

    submitted by /u/jfrito43
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Tips and Advice for first Sales Interview

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 08:25 PM PDT

    Background:

    I have scored an interview with a Financial Data Services sales team for a Big Market data exchange company. I had convinced my recruiter to push for the interview and to convince them I am right for the position even though I have never held a sales position before ( 5 years experience required was on the job description). Some how this worked out and I have an interview with the company in about 5 days time. The experience that I bring to table is that I have 10+ years financial IT experience under my belt, worked in IT support, BA, and Project Management and some pre-sales experience before. I have vendor and client management experience as well. Essentially, I have matched all but sales skills on the job description - e.g. pipeline management, closing a deal, negotiation, sales target etc.

    Question:

    What can I do in preparation of and in the interview to convince the company that I am the right man for the role? How can I convince them that I would be better than other candidates that have solid sales experience under their belt?

    I have already asked around for advice from friends in sales, and I have also checked this reddit forum threads for advice. I have seen some interesting ones that definitely have not have thought of ( this thread interview questions like " based on our conversation today, do you feel I earned the opportunity to progress to the next round, and what would be the next steps? " would not be something I would have thought about asking and still a little afraid that it would seem too aggressive. Should I do this?).

    Any advice would be welcome and I am trying to do everything I can to ace the interview. I am also happy for any "don't do this" advice as well. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/fatboysim81
    [link] [comments]

    Cost effective lead platform for SEO leads?

    Posted: 29 Mar 2019 07:59 PM PDT

    Hi Guys,

    I'm looking at all these platforms zoom, leadspace, salesgenie, ect. anybody know the most effective way to get my reps good leads?

    submitted by /u/johnzlikesit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment