• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 2, 2019

    Does anyone run a brick and mortar business remotely? small business

    Does anyone run a brick and mortar business remotely? small business


    Does anyone run a brick and mortar business remotely?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 08:02 PM PST

    I was speaking to someone today who said she used to work at a retail store that didn't have a manager. It was run by the owners who lived in a different state, and basically just watched the employees on camera and called in wherever they noticed something wrong. I'm curious if any of you have done this successfully? (The store closed after a few years.)

    submitted by /u/fireby30
    [link] [comments]

    “Bad Salespeople”

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 09:55 AM PST

    Looks like that guy got more than an earful and had to eject. He was possibly the reason his sales teams aren't working out. :(

    All company culture starts with the founder(s,) as they are the cornerstone of what's to come. True leaders are actively open to hearing why they may be a part of the problem.

    Source: have interviewed/sold/worked with 1000+ CEO's.

    submitted by /u/Unfadable1
    [link] [comments]

    What does it mean to value an employee?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 11:38 AM PST

    Plenty of business owners try to make the right decisions for their businesses -- in fact, we often make things far more complicated than they are. The simple truth is this -- Valuing your team is really not that hard.

    When we talk about value, and what it means to value an employee, some insights to apply:

    1) Showing Value is Costly. You get what you pay for. A few weeks ago, a business owner approached me for help on hiring a great salesperson. Here's the catch -- he said he couldn't afford to pay the average base and would have to offer a much less. Finding (and keeping) great talent is mutually exclusive with the lowest pay. Take it from my local Ronald McDonald House Charities -- they reward double digit % bonuses (as a Non-Profit) to their staff, even to some part-time staff. In turn, they are one of the most recognized chapters in the U.S. Pay your people what they deserve -- otherwise you'll fool yourself into thinking a pat on the back is a fair replacement.

    2) Showing Value is Selfless. I love the story from Jim Collins' Good to Great where he talks about the difference between the Level 4 and Level 5 leaders. Both are arguably great leaders, but the epitome of the Level 5 leader is the willingness to share the credit and shoulder the blame. When great success and attention arrives in the form of accolades, awards, cover articles in popular journals, and the like, the Level 4 leader speaks in "I". The Level 5 leader speaks in "We". Don't celebrate your people privately. Do it openly, unwaveringly, and unashamedly. It won't cause people to question your ability. It'll cement your ability to lead people towards real results.

    3) Showing Value takes Work. There's tremendous ego in business, and the bottom line is that it's easier to put problems on employees than face them ourselves. Take Sonic Drive-In for example. This week, 3 stores' employees quit en masse, citing toxic culture and poor pay. When we look at the fast food industry, Sonic doesn't often rise to the top as the ultimate competitor or the dominant market share. Like Sonic, businesses are often plagued with dysfunction that keep them from competing in the marketplace. Facing those problems head on takes real, hard, painful work... Unfortunately, it's often easier to avoid or ignore these dysfunctions and force employees to pay the price in order to protect revenue. It takes work to do an ego-check (especially when it comes to listening to your employees). It takes work to fix a broken business model. All this to say, a good leader looks in the mirror first before out the window at the employees.

    In business, we often say that even in a saturated market, the products that make it are the ones with the most value. Beyond all the fluff, these companies offer something real and meaningful. It's how Amazon rose from the ashes of the Dot-Com Crash.

    Are you looking for your A-team to grow and scale your business? It works the same way as your products.

    Build your team on pure, authentic value.

    submitted by /u/TheGoodAdviceCoach
    [link] [comments]

    Payment gateway fees to much for low value purchases

    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 03:47 AM PST

    Hi All, I have an idea that I am exploring which basically puts buyers and sellers together. However the purchase price would only be between $1 to $5. I anticipate the volume would be quite high 'if' it takes off and I would like to take a percentage (10% say)

    I am only in the researching phase at this stage but the first hurdle I have hit is payment gateways, eg PayPal wants 2.9% plus $0.35 per transaction.

    Well this justs makes it unworkable. Dwolla looks ok but seems to be for US citizens only. I'm in Australia.

    Any advise or suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers

    submitted by /u/Voltaireblue1
    [link] [comments]

    What is the appropriate etiquette around scheduling people in meetings?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 08:00 AM PST

    I'll be the first to admit that I'm an introvert. I like long blocks of working hard on projects. I don't mind switching tasks or projects often if there are fires to put out. But one thing drives me nuts: people filling up my calendar with zero input from me.

    What is the normal etiquette for inviting/putting events on other's calendars? Should you ask first? Or just see an open slot and grab it? I'll get to my desk in the morning, check my calendar, and I'll have 4-5 hours of meetings every day. No agendas on any of them, no idea if I'm truly necessary or if I'm some project manager's security blanket so they feel confident going into the meeting.

    The free-for-all thing drives me nuts. Someone will walk to my desk when I'm in the middle of working and have their phone on speakerphone and go, "Okay here's John he can answer this" and I'm like WTF? Hi, what is this? Who is this? What is going on? I can't read your mind and don't know what this is...?

    Maybe I'm just an introverted asshole, but I'd love to know what the standard etiquette is about scheduling meetings and taking up people's time. I searched HBR and didn't find much about this.

    submitted by /u/its-iceman
    [link] [comments]

    For those who started very small, are you glad you didn’t quit or wish you had?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 10:44 AM PST

    Established successful small business owners: how many hours a week do you typically work?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 05:45 PM PST

    In the entrepreneur community, it's either all about #hustlelife, working 100 hours a week, or 4-Hour-Workweek. Both seem altogether far fetched from reality.

    How many hours do you, as a legit established successful small business owner, work these days?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/careerthrowaway10
    [link] [comments]

    Where to begin: tiny house real estate management?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 10:39 AM PST

    So I understand the basic tenets of being a landlord, but I have an idea and I wonder if anyone has any direct experience with this.

    I'm looking at potentially establishing a small community of "small homes" (market value anywhere between 12 to 16k) after purchasing a plot of land. My concern is I've never done it and it is still in the idea stage. I know I will have to pay to get utilities hooked up to them (which in itself will be a large expense I'm told) but I wonder what other issues I may run into.

    I'm confident theres a market for that though. I live in a pretty hipster town with four colleges all looking for cheap rentals. With these small houses, I can provide the feel off artisan quality living for a FRACTION of the cost of other apartments.

    Edit: Thanks for all the replies, I want you all to know this has been very informative

    submitted by /u/BrochachoNacho1
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I find good templates for creating a paper invoice to leave with customers?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 03:37 PM PST

    What did you folks use to create paper carbon invoices to leave with your customers? I am an IT consultant for small businesses and well-to-do homeowners. I use Zoho Invoice already, leave a card, and follow up occasionally with emails. But several times now I've had customers tell me they had to dig around to find my contact info when they wanted to have me come back or refer me to a friend.

    I'm looking to create a carbon paper invoice with a little disclaimer and all of my contact info on it like plumbers or appliance repair guys use.

    Obviously I've searched for this online, but was hoping someone here had some experience with this.

    submitted by /u/rufusdog
    [link] [comments]

    New to Business Insurance - Need help with insurance terms

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 03:35 PM PST

    Long story short, I just received a quote. Can someone help me understand what I am reading? Does this tell me what I would have to pay upfront, and what I would pay monthly?

    General Liability Premium - xxx Policy Fee - xxx NC Surplus Lines Tax - xxx NC Stamp Fee - xxx Total Policy Cost - xxx

    submitted by /u/Ginola331
    [link] [comments]

    How are you liking your Azlo business checking account? With no paper checks, how do you pay people quickly?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 03:20 PM PST

    Azlo seems to be my leading choice to replace my Spark Business checking account. Any Azlo account holders have updates on things they like and don't like about it? And if you have to pay someone quickly and they don't take credit cards, how do you do that since Azlo doesn't do paper checks? Also can you use their BillPay service to do a direct deposit or only mailed checks?

    submitted by /u/Studlier
    [link] [comments]

    Personal Brand vs Company [Discussion]

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 05:31 AM PST

    I am currently stuck between starting a personal brand vs a company. Both would essentially have the same end goal of selling the same products and would be powered by a weekly podcast, YouTube content and more.

    If I built a company I would be able to have my role and allow others to contribute as well. This would be ideal and eventually this would be a much easier system to sell.

    If i built a personal brand the growth would likely come much quicker but selling would hard in the end. Also I feel as tho there is a lot of trash gurus out there and the trust level is low.

    My perfect scenario is have a company brand with personal touches similar to how barstool operates or even gaming teams. Made up example: Faze JoeShmo because Faze is the brand and JoeShmo is the personal name.

    I want to open this discussion up to everyone. What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/sampil
    [link] [comments]

    NYC E-Commerce Networking - Sharing Tips & Tactics

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 02:26 PM PST

    Hi all! Calling all the digital hustlers out here!

    I'm talking about etsy sellers, drop-shippers, entrepreneurs, small business owners, Shopify users - all those digital ninjas out in the web making money 💸

    I recently started a meetup.com group called Digital Hustlers where hustlers and digital marketers can share knowledge and tips on how to succeed into the ecommerce business using the latest digital marketing trends.

    Back in high-school, I used to resell my clothes on a mobile app called depop (kinda like etsy). It was super cool to see all the dollar signs flowing to my bank account. Like all teens, I just wanted to earn some pocket money so I can buy whatever I want without asking my parents.

    Now I'm a college student, studying marketing and I'm still trying to hustle my way into NYC! Bills, tuition, food etc. My vision is to get all these digital hustlers recognized and succeed and that starts with joining this group. I want to hear everyone's stories and most of all, I want to learn and grow that separates me from everybody else.

    If you are a digital hustler that's not afraid of breaking boundaries, then check out the upcoming meetup where you can meet brilliant hustlers and innovative digital marketers.

    RSVP HERE: https://www.meetup.com/Digital-Hustlers/events/259065073

    Leave a comment if interested! Lets Hustle 🙌

    submitted by /u/ccinnxx
    [link] [comments]

    What Online POS Software are you using?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 01:44 PM PST

    We are having major issues with our Point of Sale system, and are looking for a new one.

    We have 4 locations with multiple cashiers at each location. We would love to have the ability to import our Woocommerce product automatically. We are using the Moneris credit card machine and we have some cheap chinese printers and cash drawers.

    Any recommendations are welcome.

    submitted by /u/ginf
    [link] [comments]

    how do you engage existing customers?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 05:15 PM PST

    Hi r/smallbusiness,

    I am in the process of putting together a online course that teaches small business owners how to engage existing customers so they keep coming back and spread word of mouth.

    To make sure it includes the most valuable strategies and tactics, I'd love to see what you're doing and what you need help on. Here's the link to the survey; it only takes a couple of minutes - https://goo.gl/forms/kyzKxtFAfMCrCKJ2

    In exchange, everyone who responds to this survey will get:

    - Access to the results so you can see how other business owners are engaging customers

    - Access to the course for free when it's done

    - One respondent will receive a $10 digital pre-paid gift card. Here's the proof: https://imgur.com/ehIDJ5B

    submitted by /u/btsil001
    [link] [comments]

    How to Advertise Our Tour Business ?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 01:02 PM PST

    My wife is French and I am American. We are trying to start a tour business to the South of France. We currently have a small b&b in North Carolina. We have developed a Facebook page and a website: visitfrancewithus

    Any suggestions on improving content the website would be appreciated.

    But my primary question is: How do we get our message out to potential clients?

    Thank You,

    submitted by /u/ucctgg
    [link] [comments]

    How to Become my Own Registered Agent LLC in Pennsylvania

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 12:21 PM PST

    OK, so I am a resident and have an LLC in Pennsylvania. 2 Years ago I filed with LegalZoom (that was a mistake) and got things set up. Now they have been charging me a lot of money for stuff I didn't want. Last year I dropped it all but it was too late to drop them as my registered agent in the state of PA.

    So my first question is do I NEED a registered agent in PA? I don't understand it really. And if I do need it can I be my own? How do I get Legalzoom to stop being my registered agent? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/slipstream808
    [link] [comments]

    How do apps make money apart from ads?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 12:12 PM PST

    How to prevent getting taken advantage of?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 07:55 AM PST

    My husband and I have a company. We are moving out of the country soon and my brother in law will manage it but we will still own it. We trust him, but how do we prevent getting into a situation where he either runs it into the ground, or takes more money than he should etc?

    submitted by /u/EMahols
    [link] [comments]

    What does it mean to be an investor for a company?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 08:09 AM PST

    I know they provide money for start up or capital but what else is involved? What is their role?

    submitted by /u/EMahols
    [link] [comments]

    Business plan

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 07:34 AM PST

    Hello, I need some help from you. I want to learn how to make great business plan. Can you recommend me a good book from which i can learn to do that or explain me step by step how to make it?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/dudeangel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment