• Breaking News

    Friday, March 1, 2019

    Bad salespeople small business

    Bad salespeople small business


    Bad salespeople

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 12:08 AM PST

    We've been struggling with salespeople. We're in the B2B space and you really have to work hard to sell. It takes making a lot of customer contacts in person, over the phone, and through email in order to make sales. But, what we sell is a pretty easy service to sell and it isn't difficult to convince customers to buy from us especially if they are already unhappy with the company they are currently with. The problem is we are having issues with sales people who may be initially enthusiastic but then tend to lose enthusiasm after month and then barely put in any effort at all, they just show up to work. We have a quota of making four sales a month and we are having a repeated problem with sales reps just giving up after around a month and we see them just sitting and collecting a paycheck until we eventually just terminate them. A review of their computer indicates that they had been applying for other sales jobs nearly the entire time that they were employed with us and seemingly never intended to stay with the company. A review of their computer correlated to the times that they were out supposedly selling and meeting with prospective customers reveals that they actually were using that time to look for jobs and do interviews with other companies. This is essentially a theft of our time in my opinion.

    We are a small company with just five employees and everyone tends to be slammed busy every day. We do try to spend a lot of time with the employees after they are initially hired, but we usually give them about 2 1/2 weeks of training full-time before they are ready to be on their own. We do not have the time to spend every day with the sales people, we try to give them as much time and attention as we can, but we as owners of the company have a lot of other responsibilities and a lot of other things going on. Part of the reason why we hire a sales representative is to take the sales role off of our plate and give it to someone else. I initially thought that because we don't spend much time with the employees, and we tend to allow them to work independently, that they catch on that they are able to do whatever they want without much oversight and they take advantage of this.

    Is anyone else having this type of issue or does anyone else have any experience dealing with this? Thanks

    submitted by /u/elgato123
    [link] [comments]

    Share Your Best & Worst Advertising/Marketing Advice

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 11:41 PM PST

    Hi everyone! I'm new to Reddit!

    I own geniajewels.com I'm 23 years old and started this small business all by myself because jobs in Yerevan, Armenia don't pay enough (make $500 USD a month). So in the struggle I decided to make my passion for jewelry into a small business, I make plated jewelry in Yerevan, Armenia. It is cheap but amazing quality for plated jewelry and I have a few silver pieces too. I do worldwide shipping, have a website and I'm active on social media like craaazy.

    Yet, it still seems like I'm not doing enough. I'd love to know what are some of your best marketing and advertising advice and what are some marketing and advertising things you def don't suggest?

    submitted by /u/moontoyourstone
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best online form builder tool that allows to accept payments?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 10:19 AM PST

    I'm searching for an online form builder tool that would allow me to accept payments and subscriptions (ideally PayPal or Stripe). I'm running a small fitness club and more and more of my customers are coming from Google and local forums. I'd previously tried Jotform and Wufoo, but they both look old and bloated with useless features.

    Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/rosalindmorris23
    [link] [comments]

    Question for Home Services business owners

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 06:05 PM PST

    Anyone that owns a Home Services business, since your Field Techs are the face of your business to customers, how do you make sure that your employees are maintaining a positive reflection of your business?

    And I'm talking about making sure that they're enjoying their job, not dealing with any work or personal struggles, etc.

    Do you have routine 1:1 meetings with your employees/techs? What do you do?

    submitted by /u/parkeragee
    [link] [comments]

    How do american business pay their bills?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 02:42 AM PST

    Hi I am a non-American and just started an LLC in USA, was wondering how do American businesses pay their vendors? Is wire transfer free in the USA or it costs $30 USD each? Or do they use PayPal which cheaper with 3% wire fee (for a bill less than $2000) What usual way does American company pays their bills that is low cost? I googled and saw $30 per wire transfer for business account, that's really high, especially when most bills are below $2000. :( (Pardon for my naive questions, I am used to internet banking in my company where electronic transfers cost $0.50 to $1 for business bank account, and free for most personal to personal transfer)

    submitted by /u/archcherub
    [link] [comments]

    Tiny Teams, a one-pager for your team.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 04:24 AM PST

    We all need a website, don't we?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 12:08 AM PST

    There's this notion that now a day we don't need a website, as long as you have a good Solid social media appearance. I agree with that and some businesses certainly can do without website but we still need one because, well because there's still traditional things everyone needs. Not every industry is friendly to banking/insurance for xyz reason, they need to look at your website. Google businesses wouldn't let you list a business without a website. Isn't that crazy? You can't run an adwords campaign without website, even if your campaign is targetted only to drive traffic to a physical location.

    Having said that, as an Entrepreneur, i get lost in how to go about a website.

    What should be the budget? Well, this isn't easy. What should my budget be based on? Profit per month, gross revenue, company valuation, seed capital the company has or what i just feel right (a few hundred dollars).

    Whats the best route to design a website. Now a days' there's Vix and Squarespace. Should you hire a company onshore. Should you go offshore? For some one who doesn't have a dedicated IT departement, these are the questions we must find answers to ourselves.

    Please suggest.There's this notion that now a day we don't need a website, as long as you have a good Solid social media appearance. I agree with that and some businesses certainly can do without website but we still need one because, well because there's still traditional things everyone needs. Not every industry is friendly to banking/insurance for xyz reason, they need to look at your website. Google businesses wouldn't let you list a business without a website. Isn't that crazy? You can't run an adwords campaign without website, even if your campaign is targetted only to drive traffic to a physical location.

    Having said that, as an Entrepreneur, i get lost in how to go about a website.

    What should be the budget? Well, this isn't easy. What should my budget be based on? Profit per month, gross revenue, company valuation, seed capital the company has or what i just feel right (a few hundred dollars).

    Whats the best route to design a website. Now a days' there's Vix and Squarespace. Should you hire a company onshore. Should you go offshore? For some one who doesn't have a dedicated IT departement, these are the questions we must find answers to ourselves.

    Please suggest.There's this notion that now a day we don't need a website, as long as you have a good Solid social media appearance. I agree with that and some businesses certainly can do without website but we still need one because, well because there's still traditional things everyone needs. Not every industry is friendly to banking/insurance for xyz reason, they need to look at your website. Google businesses wouldn't let you list a business without a website. Isn't that crazy? You can't run an adwords campaign without website, even if your campaign is targetted only to drive traffic to a physical location.

    Having said that, as an Entrepreneur, i get lost in how to go about a website.

    What should be the budget? Well, this isn't easy. What should my budget be based on? Profit per month, gross revenue, company valuation, seed capital the company has or what i just feel right (a few hundred dollars).

    Whats the best route to design a website. Now a days' there's Vix and Squarespace. Should you hire a company onshore. Should you go offshore? For some one who doesn't have a dedicated IT departement, these are the questions we must find answers to ourselves.

    Please suggest.

    submitted by /u/layover_guy
    [link] [comments]

    Best books or resources for learning how to write proposals for government or local entity contracts

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 08:07 AM PST

    What has been or was your best resource for learning how to write proposals for contracts for your small business? At this point I have scanned a few RFPs and identified some contracts I'd like to bid on in the future. The question is, where do I start and how do I write a proposal that won't look like a second grader wrote it? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Hairypotsmokr
    [link] [comments]

    Are you a small business needing a proper website built?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 02:02 AM PST

    Hello,

    I have been helping out various small businesses on reddit build their own websites on WordPress to build my Web-Designer portfolio.

    If you are a small business in need of a website, I believe we can help each other out in a win-win.

    Have been working on quite a few and can easily provide reference points/show WIP/show finished work if needed.

    submitted by /u/wowthatisrandom
    [link] [comments]

    IP from moonlighting - does CA exception apply in other states?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 07:13 PM PST

    I work for a tech company based in CA, but with branches in other states. I work in one of those branch offices. In my hiring contract, Company claims rights to all IP I create while I'm employed by them, regardless of whether I create that IP on my free time or with my own resources. The exception is CA Labor Code 2870 which overrides Company's claim over my IP as long as it's created with my own resources and doesn't relate to Company's current or anticipated business.

    I love working on side projects and I've been itching since working here. I just feel like I don't have an outlet for creativity anymore. And I want to own something if I'm going to be cranking my ass for it on my own time and brains. And I have no intention of stealing Company's business either.

    So my question is: CA code 2870 seems to protect my IP from moonlighting, but does it still apply if I don't work in / pay taxes to CA?

    submitted by /u/AllWorkAllPlayAllDay
    [link] [comments]

    How would you handle your current job and your own project?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 02:41 PM PST

    So I currently have an idea, started doing some marketing, got a few people on the waiting list, got a cofounder but....

    I currently work full time for another startup (that means full time is like 55 hours a week) When I get home I am tired and my brain is completely fried.

    I need to keep the job because I NEED THE MONEY. However, I feel bad with myself because I cannot work on my own project.

    What would you do?

    submitted by /u/hecper51
    [link] [comments]

    Hustling for help

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 10:33 PM PST

    Hello fellow redditors, I run a small business in the textile industry. My company distributes about 200-300 various designs in the same product. I was looking for an app which allows me to keep an inventory of photos of these designs.

    We identify the designs with numbers and I need an app where I just need to search for the number and the folder relating to it comes up.

    Anyhelp? This is pretty important for me so thanks a lot on advance

    Tl:dr I need a customised search engine for my 300 products. Any app suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Dev_69
    [link] [comments]

    Business Process Analysis and Techniques For Business Intelligence

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 10:01 PM PST

    Business Process analysis techniques are used to answer process-related questions and to assess key performance indicators such as throughput times for process instances. In particular, process analysis techniques can be used to evaluate qualitative as well as quantitative analysis questions over process models and process instances.

    Qualitative questions, in general, address the structure, behavior, and quality of business process models on the one side and qualitative execution aspects of process instances on the other side. According to, qualitative questions refer to the identification of unnecessary parts or value-added steps in the process. In addition, qualitative process analysis subsumes process verification, i.e., formulating and checking the soundness of process models and process instances. Note that the properties that are to be verified partly depend on the business process modeling language.

    Click for further reading

    Business Process Analysis and Techniques For Business Intelligence

    submitted by /u/Cryptocurrencyforum
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for something to put my business receipts in that divides them up in the categories the IRS uses.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 08:47 PM PST

    You know: Auto, advertising, office expenses, supplies, meals, etc etc.

    Remember, lots of receipts are huge flaps of paper and awkward shaped (think CVS receipt long).

    submitted by /u/TheBionicColon
    [link] [comments]

    How to hire a sales person for a small, budding business?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 08:22 PM PST

    I and my wife have started a business that is very small currently. We sell custom made specific gift items. We currently depend on traffic generated online. We want to take it to the next level, for which 'we think' we need to do some on-foot, in-person B2B sales. My current day job doesn't allow me to do this, while my wife is not sales-savvy.

    We want to hire a sales help, but we are so small we cannot hire a full time sales rep, neither can we pay a base salary.

    Has anyone been in such a scenario? How do they hire sales personnel when they can't pay a salary? Of course, we are willing to part with a bigger cut when the sales happen.

    submitted by /u/InSigo
    [link] [comments]

    Beta test invite - Free intern marketplace

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 08:03 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    tl;dr I'm trying to beta test my free to use online platform where small business owners can easily and hire students for project-based internships and it would mean so much to me if you guys would try it out and let me know what you think. Here is the link to my website where you can learn more/sign up.

    Here are the details:

    I'm a college student in the Philadelphia area working on a platform called MidasNet to help small business owners find and screen interns. A lot of my friends want to work with small business but don't really know where to look, and after browsing a lot on r/smallbusiness, it seems like a lot of business owners believe that, while interns can be a great investment, it can often be hard to attract and select interns who would reliably get the job done. My platform would help to alleviate this mismatch by creating a marketplace exclusively for entrepreneurs to meet students interested in working with small businesses through project-based internships.

    At this point my platform is ready for beta testing, so I am reaching out to see if any business owners who would be open to hiring interns would like to try to do so using my platform. If you are open to the idea of hiring an intern but don't have a project in mind, I've also included a feature that lets you contact someone from my team from within the platform and we will work with you to design a program for a potential student. And of course, since we're still in beta, that platform is 100% free to use and we don't charge any fees or take commission (we don't even ask for your payment info).

    At this stage, I am trying to get as many businesses as possible to post projects on the platform before I open it up to students, so there are currently no active students on the platform, but I hope there will be sometime within the next few months. We will most likely be launching for students in the Philadelphia area but you can still post projects if you have remote work to do (technology especially works well remotely)

    In the meantime, I would really appreciate any comments/concerns/feedback on the platform so I can make it more useful to entrepreneurs and business owners. Thanks so much for your help!

    submitted by /u/MidasDev
    [link] [comments]

    Marketing Idea for small business

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 07:59 PM PST

    Hi

    I just opened a small business doing online delivery of snacks to local customers. Since I am working with food delivery platforms such as Uber Eats, Foodora, Doordash. My delivery service radius is about 3km around my store.

    I have been getting great feedback from customers and I already have a very small customer base.

    But I find it really hard to reach out to new customers. I have tried Instagram Ads and it helped a bit.

    I am wondering if you guys can give me some tips about reaching out to new customers and and marketing ideas.

    Thanks a million

    submitted by /u/Snackies_Van
    [link] [comments]

    How much should I invest?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 11:11 AM PST

    I am interested in taking over for one of the owners at a bar but not sure how much would be a fair number to invest. The other owner is hands off, I would be a working owner putting in ~45 hours / week. After taxes, the bar rings about $17k each month. Rent is $2500/mo with an estimated $2600 spent on staff. So I'm estimating profits of around $8500/mo all said and done. So at 50% ownership, I would be getting ~$4250/mo working roughly 45hrs/wk. The current lease is good for another 3-years and I'm not sure what the option to renew is.

    I know with the changes I plan to make I could greatly increase sales, but with the numbers given now, how much would be a fair amount to invest in this business?

    Sidenote: I already make a decent amount off another business that I don't have to do anything with, so my time investment isn't a big concern of mine since its work I would enjoy doing and frankly, I've got nothing better to do. I was a bartender years ago, but a little out of practice. I was a working owner of a small restaurant for a few years though, so not totally green.

    submitted by /u/barinvesting29
    [link] [comments]

    What details should I consider for a shoe shine business?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 01:37 PM PST

    I saw a comment recently about a guy that would show up to local businesses, like car dealerships, and shine shoes. It sparked an idea and I've put a lot of thought into this. I've watched videos on how to shine shoes and I've thought about the target market. But I know there's a lot I'm not aware of or thinking about and I'm hoping to get feedback to help me fine tune this path.

    I live in an area with a ton of economic growth and middle to upper class white collar jobs. There are multiple areas that have this congregation of new office buildings with lots of large companies relocating here. This is just to give you an idea of the clientele. It's not like I'm in a rural area with a lot of blue collar jobs. So I believe this is a market with potential.

    I'm not sure the best way to start accumulating clients though. Do I walk in and speak with the receptionist? Do I seek out the HR person in the company via email? I'm a woman if that makes any difference (probably not).

    As far as learning how to shine shoes, watching videos helps, but I need to practice first. I own only one pair of leather shoes. Side note: I was thinking I could polish just one of my boots and wear them to show a comparison...

    But how could I actually learn how to do this well enough to charge?

    What's the best way to handle payment? I was thinking $10, but that's just a pure guess. I once started an LLC through legal zoom and it was the worst mistake. So expensive and I can't get rid of them and their yearly fees. I really want to avoid that hassle again, especially if shining shoes ends up not working out in the long term.

    I haven't been able to find a lot of resources for this particular trade. Maybe it's not a great idea, maybe it could work. Looking for advice from people more knowledgeable than me.

    submitted by /u/Those_Lingerers
    [link] [comments]

    Subcontracting workout

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 07:12 PM PST

    We do backyard landscaping and concrete foundation etc.I was told we are going to get our work subcontracted.I don't feel comfortable with sending another contract company to a family's house that they didn't hire.But is this standard practice.Can we be sued if one of there workers gets hurt and the family technically didn't hire them..I see this as a legal issue.

    submitted by /u/bodrifle
    [link] [comments]

    eSign Vendors

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 06:55 PM PST

    What are some great, low-cost eSign solutions? DocuSign is clearly the industry leader, but there seem to be a large number of competitors with similar functionality and lower prices for higher document volume. Does anyone have experience with a lower cost option?

    submitted by /u/LoSavi
    [link] [comments]

    I think I need to ditch my business partners. Help.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 06:10 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    let me preface by saying, these aren't legally my business partners yet, but they have been working towards that.

    Without revealing too much, this person came into my business to help co-found a new venture. I recently met him, so in the grand scheme, he is a relative stranger. I initially felt like he was a great fit for the business with contrasting strengths and that I "could not do this without him"... well as it turns, I no longer feel that way. I feel like he does not meld with my values, culture or vision at all and I get a massive anxiety bubble when I think of them representing the business.

    The problem is.. he literally just moved here to be a part of the venture from across the country. I feel like shit for feeling this way, but my gut, and the guts of those i trust feel the same way.

    I just could use any kind of advice or consultation about this kind of thing. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/whatsthedealwithbees
    [link] [comments]

    How did you figure out what you want to sell/what your business should be?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 07:23 AM PST

    How did you find your passion/purpose?

    submitted by /u/byeboah
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a fence repair business and could use some pointers

    Posted: 28 Feb 2019 05:19 PM PST

    So I have a nice truck already as my personal vehicle so I can use that, tools are not very expensive, just need a pry bar, hammer, tool belt and safety gear. Maybe some shovels too. So I am pretty much set up already.

    My game plan is to print out a bunch of flyers and just go hang them on as many doors as I can and maybe pay some high school kids to hang too. The flyers will just direct people to call my phone.

    I am planning on doing whole fencing jobs, rotten board reply, fence repairs and maybe even fence painting in the warmer months.

    I am at that point in my life where I am just sick and f*cling tired of working at a desk in front of a computer at a job I hate building someone else's business and I want out.

    If you have some pointers, let me know! I would love some advice :)

    Edit: just had a thought that I could get into replacement of deck boards too as long as it us not structural. Still, give me some advice please!

    submitted by /u/Mrwaffleconebob
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment