• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 26, 2019

    Accounting Yep, accounting is basically just math, super easy, you betcha

    Accounting Yep, accounting is basically just math, super easy, you betcha


    Yep, accounting is basically just math, super easy, you betcha

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 12:49 PM PDT

    This hit a little too close to home

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 05:16 PM PDT

    Busy season got me like

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 01:27 PM PDT

    Accountants on tinder during busy season

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 05:30 PM PDT

    It takes a minimum level 37 Excel Wizard to understand.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 03:44 PM PDT

    When the client tells me they’ve been booking all their management fees to “dividend expense”.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 04:53 PM PDT

    Too Accurate

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 09:00 PM PDT

    Team not getting work done

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 06:58 PM PDT

    Got a bit of a situation that I'm curious how others would approach this.

    I'm manager on low-medium difficulty audit with a small team. Senior means well but has significant gaps in their knowledge & relevant technical experience to the point where they struggle to do the work let alone review it.

    Can't really see a way through this that doesn't cause damage somewhere:

    • If I coach them through this it'll smoke the budget due to the scale of the coaching needed. Senior basically needs full time hand holding and explanation of basic concepts on each WP.

    • Even if I can get the senior to do the work, that means everything gets manager review - again, not something budgeted for. Pushes up everything a grade up & thus smokes budget

    • The parts I have reviewed thus far are showing significant technical holes

    • Can't do the work myself cause then the partner needs to review, again budget smoked

    • Not likely to get more staff, due to busy season. Certainly not of the caliber that can pick up something like this and roll with it

    • If I could get another senior & I've got ego clash issues and budget issues

    • Remove the existing senior & I've got major office politics drama (long story)

    • It's a fair bit of work so self-review is a real concern from my on ethical point of view, not just firm rules

    Now what? I can't exactly will this work into existence, but that's kinda what I need.

    Need to tell the partner this is gonna be a shitshow, but can't do so without some form of plan/solution. Keeping in mind that I'd prefer not the get slaughtered for smoked budget when it's not my fault the senior I've been given doesn't know which side is up. What would you do?

    submitted by /u/AnomalyNexus
    [link] [comments]

    Partner might want to carpool

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 02:43 PM PDT

    Since we live close to each other. How do i say no?

    submitted by /u/nevergiveup2018
    [link] [comments]

    Section 1231 assets be like

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    (B4) does your salary increase from A1 to A2?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 07:06 PM PDT

    Specifically PwC i.e going from associate to experienced associate and if so how much?

    submitted by /u/droptoppot
    [link] [comments]

    Me: wanting to leave after working 9-5. My super:

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    What’s the highest you have billed or have seen so one bill?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 06:38 PM PDT

    I met a really high end cpa bill $600 per hour. That's freaking insane. What's the highest you have seen? I admit I'm a bit jealous as I'm only getting paid $22 an hour as a cpa hahaha

    submitted by /u/isdcaptain
    [link] [comments]

    The truth about COST ACCOUNTING & VARIANCE ANALYSIS

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 08:47 PM PDT

    fuck yea, this is what accounting is all about. fuck weekends. fuck friends. all i needs is my rogercpa youtube tutorials and indian youtube tutorials to explain to me what the fuck im learning for the 87th time. I love this whole cpa route. I don't regret shit. im going to make my mom proud and prove to my exgf that im not a total loser dumbass. can't wait to get that designation so i can change my license plate to CPAXXX so i can show everybody in traffic that I am worth something. fuck vegas. fuck free time. fuck video games cuz variance analysis is LIT AF> 2019 is life.

    submitted by /u/infernet_kewl
    [link] [comments]

    Starting full time ?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 08:41 PM PDT

    Might be a dumb question, but how much of a disadvantage are you out, if you start out full time in audit with no previous audit internship experience? Opposed to having done an internship in it, then starting full time

    submitted by /u/bhockey_07
    [link] [comments]

    RSM vs BDO ...Which has more prestige?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 08:39 PM PDT

    Is RSM the obvious option outside of big 4?

    submitted by /u/YoungstownBurgh
    [link] [comments]

    Accounting for a band

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 05:40 PM PDT

    I'm an accounting student and my friend is in a band. The band is preparing to start taking things more seriously (merch, touring, recording, etc.) and he's asked me for help keeping the bands finances organized. Anybody have any advice they could give me to help them? I really wanna help them but also don't wanna give bad advice.

    submitted by /u/MindlessEmployee
    [link] [comments]

    Accounting and VBA

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 11:25 AM PDT

    Hello everyone! I've been dabbling in VBA trying to automate some of our processes, and I was wondering if anyone on here has tried automating things in VBA and if so what was it for?

    submitted by /u/MO05E
    [link] [comments]

    enjoy school before starting full-time or try to get CPA done?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 12:56 PM PDT

    I just finished my busy season internship at a mid-tier (bless) and I'm gonna be going back to school for a final spring quarter. I have an offer from a B4 in the fall and I already started up my becker subscription because I was planning on completing the CPAs before starting full time because I thought it was time to be an adult

    I take it back, I don't want to be an adult anymore

    after this busy season, my outlook has changed completely. it wasn't terrible but wow, college is so much more enjoyable that it makes me wonder if I should take advantage of the time to complete my CPA exams or if I should do something like travel and get black out drunk for the last time

    submitted by /u/SendTheDamnConfirms
    [link] [comments]

    International Opportunities

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 08:54 PM PDT

    Hello everyone this is my first time posting in this thread or in all of reddit for that matter. I'm currently in my sophomore year of college at a community college and plan on transferring to University of North Texas next semester. I was just wondering if there were international opportunities for Accountants with American schooling and what career path I should look into, I've yet to decide what I want to do within accounting since I've only taken Principles of Financial accounting, and Macro/Micro Econ so I'm up to suggestions on career paths since I don't have much knowledge of my options, any comments help thanks.

    submitted by /u/Thirsted-xD
    [link] [comments]

    Negotiating Work Hours

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 06:26 PM PDT

    I have my final interview for a smaller company and they mentioned working hours were 8:30-5:30. I would probably rather do 8-5 but not sure how to approach the topic. Anyone have advice on possibly negotiating work schedule?

    submitted by /u/MFJDEDUCTIONS
    [link] [comments]

    New Job

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 08:34 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I have gotten into a new job recently as a complex staff accountant and mainly do AR work but not just entirely. Anyway, I wanted to know whats your guys take on me putting off my studies for my CPA for the time being until I get really familiar with my work and efficient at it.

    Here's the situation and why:

    Everyday I wake up at 4am to be at work at 5am, study till 8am and start working at that time until 7pm. I am working like 11hrs a day and that is just starting off. (I would like to believe its because I am new and I am still learning) Get home around 7pm and shower, eat, sleep, and repeat.

    Would you guys say that things will get better overtime or am I just really that unlucky with the job I got?

    Note: This is actually my first accounting job ever.

    submitted by /u/Shotix22
    [link] [comments]

    Whats your salary after leaving big 4?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2019 11:45 AM PDT

    I'm currently at EY in Canada and want to jump ship in another 2 months when I hit 3 years. I'm going to most likely move to Houston/Dallas to pursue an industry career.

    Was wondering how long did you guys stay at big 4 and what was your salary bump once you left to industry.

    submitted by /u/AccountingFan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment