• Breaking News

    Monday, December 31, 2018

    Accounting I got a promotion at work; my wife got me a present

    Accounting I got a promotion at work; my wife got me a present


    I got a promotion at work; my wife got me a present

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 04:02 PM PST

    In bad mood bc I left all my CPE till now, told wife wanted dinner in my room on silver platter- exceeds expectations

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 03:10 PM PST

    Say a prayer to the accounting Gods for me before this inventory starts

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 04:56 AM PST

    Doing an Inventory at a client that is notoriously known for having variances and other issues. Pls pray that I'm not here all day on New Years Eve :(

    Edit: NO VARIANCES FUCKING GET IN TIME TO SLEEP FOR AN HOUR AND GET DRUNK

    submitted by /u/fuckimbackonreddit9
    [link] [comments]

    I’ll be 35 in 2019.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 08:41 AM PST

    I am finishing my associates degree that I began 17 years ago out of high school. I took a financial accounting class last semester and really enjoyed it. I even helped my teacher start an accounting club at the school by writing the club constitution, and ended up being the president of the club. This has enabled me to make a few contacts in the area already, but it's all been by email so far, and I wonder if when they meet me and see I'm 15 ish years older than the typical student if those connections will help. I live in a small city with a state university I plan to attend after community college to get my bachelors in accounting. So this puts me at 38ish by the time is finish my undergraduate. Do I have any chance of getting a good job at that age? I don't need to make a fortune, I grew up poor if I had a job that paid anywhere close at all to six figures I'd feel loaded. Any advice or comments?

    submitted by /u/thebeardedjj
    [link] [comments]

    Me vs “a great learning opportunity”

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 08:45 PM PST

    Update on vacation during busy season

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 07:47 PM PST

    I made a topic about a week ago about my mentoree (and friend) coming to me for help about her denied vacation request during the heart of busy season (march 15th week in tax). I thought for sure I'd be able to get it for her using my personal relationship with the managing partner (our significant others are long time friends) of the tax department, but I struggled with if it was the right thing and if it would be worth the repercussions. After several days of back and forth last week and today, the partner would not budge as it was set a bad precedent and everyone would request PTO during busy season and how do you deny one person and grant another? It would be much easier just to stick to the rule, no PTO Jan - April.

    I told my mentoree today, and she will be putting in her two weeks notice sometime this week or early next week as she does not intend to miss this once in a life time trip (in fact its her first vacation since she was 6 or 7) which I fully agreed with.

    Now I'm second guessing my place at this firm or in public in general after 7 years. The more I thought about it, the more I agreed with reddit, its 1 fucken week. Forget that we have more staff than ever before or that this employee had the most charge hours of all seniors - at the end of the of the day it doesn't matter, we are all replaceable and soon they will replace me. Even after all of this, the management/partner group is still oblivious to the fact that this was so important to her that she WILL quit.

    submitted by /u/KyrieFanXV
    [link] [comments]

    Just passed all 4 parts but dont have 1 year of experience yet. Do I still complete the CPA issuance application or wait?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 12:03 PM PST

    Robert Half

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 07:22 PM PST

    How many people are finishing up their firm shutdown, and now REALLY want to quit their job?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 05:06 PM PST

    This is the day that we audit the most.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 05:56 AM PST

    Enjoy your time off if you have it.

    submitted by /u/countmytits
    [link] [comments]

    CPA vs Masters in data science & analytics

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 05:41 PM PST

    Hello everyone, I am currently an undergraduate pursuing accounting. I just finished my first semester. I have been reading posts about how CPA Canada is over saturated and so on. I go to uoit which is not a reputable school LOL. Anyways I heard the starting salary at big 4 is shit compared to alot of other professions (35k starting). I was wondering if you guys really think it was worth pursuing the CPA. One of my profs said with automation and new tools such as SAP there would be few accountants needed. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/theaccountant95
    [link] [comments]

    Starting internship in a few days.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 12:29 PM PST

    I'll be starting an internship with KPMG here in a few days! (haHAA golf jokes 4Head) Everyone who's had an internship recently or has worked with interns, what can I do to both get the most out of my internship and also not be a burden to the office? All jobs I've had previous have been in restaurants and managing an ice cream shop. So I have never had a job accounting related, so I'm a bit nervous to start. I'd appreciate any tips.

    submitted by /u/ThisIsMe007
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I take online winter classes to reach the 150 credits for the CPA? I'm from NY

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 09:42 PM PST

    I need to take an online winter class to help me reach the 150 credits. I was taking a look at UCLAextension. I wanted to know if anyone from NY had prior experience with them.

    If you have any other recommendations that would be great. I don't want to take an online class only to find that it won't be accepted later on.

    submitted by /u/ump13
    [link] [comments]

    So there is a word for it

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 09:32 PM PST

    Laptop recommendation?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 04:02 PM PST

    I'm a senior in High School right now, and I'm pretty much set on pursuing a career in accounting. I've been saving up for a laptop for a while now, so I have a good amount of money. I was initially set on a MacBook Pro and was just planning on using the Bootcamp feature for accounting needs like Excel. However, I keep on seeing how it's better to just get used to having a windows computer because that's what the employer will supply. This has pretty much swayed me away from conforming with the average college student and getting a MacBook. ( lucky for me I guess ) Basically, I'm looking for a laptop that will last me all 4 years of college as long as treated properly. I would like the laptop to have a 15-inch screen. I'm not sure if it's important to have an SSD or a typical HDD, but if one is favorable in accounting I'd rather have that. Now I'm not sure in terms of specs what I will need, ex: how much ram, i7 processor mandatory?, how much space in the drive I will need etc.. I will put that to your guy's judgment since you guys actually have experience. As for price, I don't want to spend over $1500. I'd also like to use the laptop for casual gaming - ex: playing league of legends occasionally, not really a very extensive game.

    Thanks.

    TL;DR Need a laptop that will last all 4 years of college and fit my needs as an accounting student. Would also like to casually game on it. Price range $1,000-$1,500

    submitted by /u/lord011
    [link] [comments]

    New year, new job!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 05:44 PM PST

    I am ringing in the new year with a new job starting on the 2nd! Working fully remotely with a small firm. Fingers crossed that it turns out to be the best job yet!

    submitted by /u/Notabeancntr
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a new job - why do I need to bend over while grasping and tugging?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 06:19 AM PST

    Demands of the Accounting Manager position are:

    Must be able to occasionally/frequently bend, squat and climb.

    Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.

    submitted by /u/FROYOYOLOLOL
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking general advice for Accounting

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 06:59 PM PST

    What else is a better way to start the year off?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 06:57 PM PST

    Just wanted to let you all know that I just watched The Accountant and it was a good movie.

    submitted by /u/Boxingislifeee
    [link] [comments]

    I’m sure this has been asked, but what advice would you give to a first year audit associate?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 04:35 PM PST

    Starting at a regional firm next week, and looking for any tips, tricks, or just things you wish you knew when you started (aside from the black tar heroin)?

    submitted by /u/petulant-penguin
    [link] [comments]

    IT security/CPA job ?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 02:27 PM PST

    This is a random question, but does anyone know a good field for a CPA that wants to work in IT security?

    I finished my bachelors in accounting, and now I'm almost done with a masters in IT.

    I will be sitting for the CPA summer, and will be taking a bunch of it certs( CISSP, sec +, etc) to boost my resume.

    I'm torn between the two and I want to use both accounting and IT related skills in my career.

    Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/thatsdredre
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite accounting phrase or acronyms?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 10:49 AM PST

    Just curious what other here get a laugh out of whenever working... every time someone talks to me about OREO I start to think about cookies and lose focus...

    submitted by /u/_Cpoc_
    [link] [comments]

    (California) Graduating with a 2.6 gpa and no experience what so ever. How screwed am I?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 07:28 PM PST

    What serious options do I have ? I want to live in Los Angeles

    submitted by /u/touchmy_nonos
    [link] [comments]

    BEC in 7 days

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 02:46 PM PST

    I know, its new year's, and most of us don't want to be talking about CPA exams but here's another post about performance on becker tests and concern over passing the BEC section:

    BEC is the first section for the CPA im taking. Signed up to take it in about a week. I've taken 2 becker tests and have scored terrible on them (53, 49). In that order.

    How screwed am i? Should i even bother studying next week? Any tips or suggestions that made a difference when you were studying for BEC?

    submitted by /u/Random582027482
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment