• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 25, 2018

    Why is it much harder to find a neighborhood without an HOA built within the last decade? Real Estate

    Why is it much harder to find a neighborhood without an HOA built within the last decade? Real Estate


    Why is it much harder to find a neighborhood without an HOA built within the last decade?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 10:31 AM PST

    It appears neighborhoods without HOAs are rapidly disappearing within the last decade.

    I remember in the 2000s there were still new developments without an HOA but since 2008 its almost impossible to find one without them.

    No amount of amenities and facilties is the worth the risk of an HOA going bad in terms of nepotismism. And many of them these days have almost no HOA provided amenities what so ever.

    Those board or management are often the do as I say not as I do folks. CC&Rs and rules only mean something if they want it to be. They often have the attitude "we don't need to follow no stinking CC&Rs and Rules, only you do, that is if we say so, however we interpret it." "I don't care about what your neighbor(s) including myself are doing," So what if we are breaking the law, picking and choosing, and abusing our powers, go ahead and try to sue us, see if you can get far without neighbor backing or time and money. Same thing about correcting issues with the CC&Rs and rules.

    submitted by /u/Jcs609
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever had a property that was said to be haunted?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 06:10 PM PST

    Have you ever had an experience with a property where you experienced what you would call an unexplained ghostly phenomenon?

    submitted by /u/sponkachognooblian
    [link] [comments]

    Red door = target for theft?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 02:28 AM PST

    Long story short, I want to paint my front door red. However, my boyfriend and his brother went on and on about how it'll make me a target for robbers because that's done in Asian cultures and people may know that a lot of traditional older Asians keep cash on hand and not in banks, etc.

    I've never heard this, am I right to call BS?

    submitted by /u/tacohannah
    [link] [comments]

    New property structures with rook leaks... inspector did not find, help?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 08:14 PM PST

    Ok so to make a long story shorter.. we bought a primary residence via Rocket Mortgage about 5 months ago. During the process one of the steps involved an inspector coming out. Now this was not a "home inspector" but one to check the remaining life in the roofs on the house and 5 outbuildings. My issue is that within two months after taking possession of this property we discovered a leak in both the house itself and the main outbuilding.,. the work shop.

    Now after seeing where the leak in the house came from you can tell, ever so slightly, that it's happened before. This room is encased in wood, no sheetrock or panelling. It's tongue and groove, stained pine boards. The seam where the leak happens is ever so slightly rotted.. and I mean very slightly. In the daylight you can't tell unless you are looking at it.

    The work shop leak, well the roof is asphalt shingles over (hopefully) tar paper on top of the particle board. Or what I call particle board but the sheets made out of compressed glue and big flakes of wood. It's a 10x30 building so the roof is wide enough to need one full sheet per X feet plus a 2-ish ft deep pieces at the eave. Its the seam between the main sheet and the eave that's showing the leak. Probably actually leaking a foot or more above that.

    So my question is.. what recourse do I have? I have emailed the original mortgage agent as I recall she said all roofs must have at least 2 years of life left. Now granted.. the workshop underlayment was 100% perfectly fine until 2 months ago. I means it's entirely exposed.. a one-eyed person could inspect that one. The shingles on the other hand have seen better days. But I can say definitively that it was not leaking for the previous owner.

    The house though definitely was. Since I have an uploaded receipt for 'roof inspection' and with Quickens requirement of 2 years of life.. do you guys think I have a thing here?

    Also of note.. I forwent paying a grand for a 'real' home inspection and downloaded a template outlining all that should be checked. Now obviously the workshop could not have been foretold but the house... I don't know.

    submitted by /u/invalidpath
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a home in Austin versus the Bay area? Min. 450K max 700K.... first home. What do you do?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 06:54 PM PST

    I know very little, but will be getting a $150K gift fund and don't want more than 3 beds and 2000 sq. ft.

    submitted by /u/Rafael_Bacardi
    [link] [comments]

    First time homebuyer not understanding what my REA's "partner" is trying to do

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 10:28 AM PST

    We want to put an offer on a house contingent on a full review of the legal description and site survey of an easement that exists on the property. Municipal offices are closed until Monday but we want to make the offer today. It may also take time to retrieve that information but we are absolutely not interested in the house if the easement contains certain conditions.

    Our agent has a "partner" that seems to have taken the reins since we told her we wanted to make an offer. He is very pushy and kept insisting that we didn't need to make that contingency because we will have the inspection period to find out that information. We want to keep it a separate contingency. He kept telling us, "Well I will just ask the sellers agent about the easement, she will know," but we kept insisting we wanted to see the official documents and legal description before moving forward. He seemed agitated by this but I don't know why. I also don't really understand who he is.

    Why is he suddenly the one we are talking to rather than our agent? She was on the phone too, but he did 90% of the talking. I disliked him so much I wanted to tell them both "forget it" and find another agent if that is even possible at this point. I felt like we were talking past each other and at one point while I was explaining to him our reasoning for wanting the contingency he was even trying to talk over me.

    I like our agent a lot. Is there a way we can request just to work with her and not her partner without completely offending her? Am I being scammed? What is going on?

    submitted by /u/Santiago_the_Ukulele
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion or Advice for those looking to get into real estate?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 02:01 PM PST

    Hello all!

    I've been reading a ton of posts on here and they are all so informative and helpful for those who know the basic terminology and industry of real estate. Unfortunately, I am not familiar whatsoever with real estate (but am extremely open to learning and gaining knowledge!). I was wondering if any of you have been in similar positions as I and where you essentially got your start and knowledge about real estate? Whether it be through books, podcasts, mentor guides, etc, I'm open to all suggestions of where to start my learning journey.

    To give some background information of where I am at in life now, I am a 21 y/o M college graduate entering the work force with a salary of $50K & I really want to get started on investing within real estate at an early age so that I can create the eventual idea of retiring at an early age a definite possibility.

    Please let me know if this kind of post is not allowed, my apologies!

    submitted by /u/roghodge
    [link] [comments]

    Potential First time buyer in Washington State (Kitsap county) looking for any info on downpayment grants

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 10:57 AM PST

    Due to the influx of tech positions available in WA, as I'm sure at least some of you have heard, real estate prices have skyrocketed and are pricing people out of the market. I've been saving and have about 10% saved so far and am looking into any possible grant programs that first time buyers can take advantage of. Google has only provided a wide variety of confusing answers so I'm hoping someone here will know a little more about what I can do to get closer to that 20% down without increasing my payments and taking a larger loan.

    submitted by /u/StoicAthos
    [link] [comments]

    New Home question - Does Home Depot or Lowe’s give out the 10% off coupon anymore? Got our change of address packets back with nothing but a $20 off from Lowe’s.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 10:28 AM PST

    I'm just wondering if they even do that anymore. 10 years ago when I moved, that coupon was invaluable. No information on the web. Anyone know anything?

    submitted by /u/Ihaveaheadachenu
    [link] [comments]

    What are your experiences with unrealistic buyers and sellers?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 08:30 AM PST

    I've had this client's house listed since late June. It was overpriced from the start, and it still is. I showed them the comps the first time we talked about reducing the price, and they didn't like what they saw. We reduced the price again earlier this week.

    I'm thinking about not renewing the listing agreement after it expires in a couple months. I just don't want to lose her as a buyer.

    Anyone else have experiences like this?

    submitted by /u/Rashturtle
    [link] [comments]

    Question about an out of state real estate license?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 09:47 AM PST

    I took the licensing course earlier this year in Massachusetts. Things kinda blew up in my life and now I find myself living in New Hampshire, still having not taken my MA licensing exam. I know that you only have a year post course to take the exam and become licensed. Now living in New Hampshire do i need to take a course to get licensed in New Hampshire or should I just take the MA exam, assuming there's on for non residents, and then just sell in MA? I'm only looking to do this part time with my corporate job. Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer

    submitted by /u/beezuzzles
    [link] [comments]

    First time homebuying, Conflict of Interest, [OH]

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 09:39 AM PST

    So my wife and I have been looking for a house to buy and have gotten with a local friend/realtor. While looking around she mentioned a house that her and her husband own that we are considering buying.

    Is there anything we should know, or just general advice if we do persue the house they own? We didn't know if it would be a conflict of interest, or if there could be any legal issues that could arise with a situation like this. It looks like if we did persue this house we would have to represent ourselves as they have a policy about that.

    submitted by /u/mlskid
    [link] [comments]

    Dual Agency on a Foreclosure

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 03:14 PM PST

    Is there anything I need to be aware of in such a case? Does it make dual agency an advantage, or is it still wiser to have my own representation?

    submitted by /u/MyAlternativeFacts
    [link] [comments]

    Appraiser is late with report, pushing my closing date to December. Maybe fined by the builder

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 03:03 PM PST

    I'm supposed to be closing on tract home on Nov 29th from a large builder (Ryan Homes/NVR). Everything was ready except with my Credit Union. Some "small delay" with the appraiser that they hired, but "nothing to worry about", says my Loan officer.

    It turns out that the appraiser was delayed on his report because he was trying to get comps from another builder (Taylor Morrison) within that community. Well that person was out for the holidays, and the appraisal report was not submitted in time. I have no connections with this builder, nor the appraiser. I'm not even sure if the report is submitted to the Credit Union at this point.

    This is going to delay my closing date to early December.

    The problem: The builder's contract includes the stipulation, if the closing date is delayed, and it's not the builder's fault, I'm going to be fined 1% of the purchase price of the house (~$3.5k).

    I've been arguing with my Loan officer that this is her fault. Everything that was under my control was taken care of with time to spare. The only thing I didn't have direct line of communication was the appraiser. Had I knew about this, I would have nipped this in the bud immediately. The Loan officer hired the appraiser, dropped the ball on email communications between them two, and now I'm being threaten with this fine.

    What can I do?

    Is this even worth it to lawyer up?

    My only option now is to beg for the builder to waive the fee.

    submitted by /u/KCKahn
    [link] [comments]

    Becoming a real estate agent

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 02:36 PM PST

    Hi. I had a question. Do real estate agents get paid by the hour plus commission or is it commission only?

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/SimpleFruit22
    [link] [comments]

    What to look for when buying a land for home construction?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 11:32 AM PST

    Other than soil test, location, flood zone, schools (if important) and slope of land, title issues, what other things I should be aware of when looking for a lot for a house?

    submitted by /u/Throw_Me_Away_STAT
    [link] [comments]

    Formal offer letter in writing

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 11:09 AM PST

    Hello all, quick question for everyone. I want to submit an offer with the listing agent. I do not want or have an agent. Is there a format that I should follow? We'll obviously have the loan and inspection contingencys. In a shifting Market should I put "accept by certain day" on the offer? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/clavo21
    [link] [comments]

    New Haight Ashbury?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 09:58 AM PST

    In case you don't know, Haight Ashbury is a part of San Francisco which used to be home to the hippie/beatnik movement of the Vietnam War era. That is, until it was overrun by tourists and companies in the 70s. Does anyone know of a modern day equivalent to 60s Haight Ashbury? By this I mean cheap but spacious housing (~4 beds), artistic type folks and preferably in a city.

    submitted by /u/yeebuscreebus
    [link] [comments]

    Blessing in disguise? Considering buying adjacent foreclosed property.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 03:13 AM PST

    Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice. Quick background, I currently own a 1,500 sq. ft townhouse (4 connected units in total). The property adjacent to mine is currently foreclosed and uninhabited. I live in the Midwest and sure enough something went terribly wrong. I discovered water seeping through the adjacent wall due to the pipes freezing in the unoccupied dwelling. The water got into my living room and forced a complete tear down of the first floor.

    I called the insurance to file a claim and that is still processing. I'm not sure how this will all conclude especially since the culprit is a foreclosed property in the bank's hand. That's a whole different discussion but if anyone has some suggestions on how to proceed that would be great.

    My main question is would it make sense to try and acquire this unit? There is def. hefty water damage in the unit as the pipes froze on the 2nd floor utility room and cause the entire drywall to collapse, subsequently soaking the 1st floor kitchen (this is adjacent to my water damaged living room).

    I'd like to buy this unit in order to rent it out and be a landlord but for the aforementioned reasons I'm unsure how to proceed. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/laneace44
    [link] [comments]

    [PA] Question post home inspection

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 06:21 AM PST

    Our offer was accepted on a townhouse and we just had our home inspection. The inspector was happy with everything except one thing: the finished basement isn't up to code as it doesn't contain a second egress. Our offer stipulates 1. We went 12.5 over asking and 2. We are responsible for the first 1k in repairs.

    My question is, what happens if a portion of the home isn't up to code like this? The township has been notified but with the holiday I'm not sure when we'll hear back. My understanding is the seller doesn't have to make any repairs even if we ask for them.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/iwasbornsick
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment