• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 27, 2018

    Video Game sales Sales and Selling

    Video Game sales Sales and Selling


    Video Game sales

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 06:18 AM PST

    Does anyone here work in sales for the larger publishers, like EA/Blizzard/Bethesda? I'm curious what that industry is like to sell into, and how you got your start there.

    submitted by /u/BigPapaWokelord
    [link] [comments]

    Work from home thoughts

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 07:38 AM PST

    Have been working from home (when not traveling or on calls) for the last year. Previous to that, I worked in an office setting for 5 years.

    I'm finding myself having a real tough time focusing on the little things, which never used to be a problem before. I'm sure a big part of it is no longer having someone directly over my shoulder, as childish as that might sound, it's somewhat human nature for me.

    Curious for those of you who successfully work from home and love doing so, what are some good tips that you could share for us who seem to struggle at this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/JohnEThree3
    [link] [comments]

    Hanging up on someone is beyond rude.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 08:49 AM PST

    Sorry it's a slight rant but also a good point, I feel.

    For those of you who do cold calls, if you haven't already, you WILL get hung up on at some point. It's often a receptionist who's been called 1000 times that day or someone who's had a bad day but they're still treating someone like dirt.

    How do you fellow redditors take it? Do you call people out on it or just shrug and move on?

    If it's a receptionist that thinks "cold caller", doesn't listen and just slams down the phone, I often call straight back and say "sorry we seem to have got cut off there, so is Mr(s) Bloggs available to speak please?". They usually can't admit they hung up on you because they know it's unprofessional and just pass you / give you a real answer.

    submitted by /u/unlucky_overlord
    [link] [comments]

    Car sales (holiday season)

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 07:11 AM PST

    Good morning all,

    Just was curious does the car sales industry practically explode around Christmas time? I'm starting a new position on the 3rd and I should be selling by the 18th. Anything to expect? I'm sure lots of foot traffic.

    submitted by /u/imaginewhip
    [link] [comments]

    Interview for a sales job

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 11:46 AM PST

    Hi guys, next week I have an interview for a part time sales job besides my studies. It involves getting potential clients to get a subscription for various companies. It seems that it will be done by approaching people outside or going door to door.

    I just have one "problem" that I would really appreciate advice for. I'm usually a pretty calm and reserved person and these kinds of companies usually are full of positive and very talkative people. Although I'm usually not like that, If I do my best I think I might be fine. I'm just in desperate need of this job and I want to improve my sales and communication skills through it. They seem to offer trainings and masterclasses even before starting to work so that I will be ready but even so I'd like to be prepared.

    Do you guys have any tips or advice for me on how to improve my sales and communication skills? And how I can be prepared for such an interview? I've been told before at a few job interviews that I lack enthusiasm. Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/hiraimomo96
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for sales career advice

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 11:37 AM PST

    Hello r/sales!

    I was hoping someone with similar experience can provide insight into my situation

    Spent 10 years in retail (3 of those in retail management) and decided to go full time into real estate

    Spent 3 years in real estate and honestly. Got pretty bored of it. I kind of miss the "corporate" world. IE benefits, base salary, taxes being taken out lol

    Don't get me wrong. I did pretty well in real estate. More than I made in retail management but making a shit ton of money by tapping into peoples equity in their home is kind of jacked up....at least I think so. And to be honest...it doesn't really require a lot of work. I guess I feel I'm being overpaid for the amount of work I actually put in.

    Long winded background but did so to say this:

    I love sales. I enjoy it. Objection handling. Prospecting. Every day being something new but I miss the corporate structure.

    I think a job with a base salary PLUS commissions is better suited for me. Here's why:

    1. Base salary plus benefits. No feast or famine type with 100% commission job

    2. I can be rewarded for the amount of work I actually put in on the sales side (commissions)

    3. Opportunities for advancement. A lot of the sales jobs I've seen have some kind of career path. Whether it's to management or other avenues. There's room for growth.

    Has anyone every made a move from 100% commissions to base plus commissions or experienced something similar?

    Any insight is greatly appreciated

    TL;dr: looking to leave 100% commission real estate sales job to a base plus salary job for benefits and career growth opportunities. Any insight is appreciated

    Edit: I'm not giving up real estate completely. Going to keep my license for family and referrals

    submitted by /u/ggdbb
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for Recent Grad

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 07:37 AM PST

    Hey all,

    I've been following this sub for a while and feel I have learned a lot in the past couple months just reading through the the resources available here, however, I'm in need of some help. I'm a recent graduate and have my Bachelor's in Biomedical Sciences. I know it's not necessarily relevant to B2B sales but I have 4 years of customer service experience from the job I worked through college. I've been sending out applications left and right, trying my best to build my network and reaching out to recruiters on LinkedIn. I've gotten a few bites, but the only 2 right now that have been serious are sales reps in the Logistics Industry.

    I guess my question is; would these kinds of opportunities provide me with relevant experience for breaking into other industries? I know the bulk of the work would be cold calling and building relationships with carriers/customers so I feel that could be transferable, but other than that I am unsure. Logistics is definitely not something I want to stick with long term, but I have a buddy in the industry that could provide me with an in at the company he works for. Ideally looking at some point to be in Med Device or Pharma to utilize my degree somewhat, but I also have an interest in SaaS.

    Any advice would be very much appreciated! I'm just trying to make sure that I start off on the right foot and don't want to get stuck working somewhere that won't be beneficial to me in the long run.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Mmoore1995
    [link] [comments]

    Cold email critique

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 11:21 AM PST

    Hello everyone. I am a freelance brand identity designer who started cold emailing because I cannot fully rely on other people finding me via instagram, so I came here asking for your advice and critique on my cold email format.

    I personalize every email according to research I find on company and I mainly target real estate agencies, they have the budget and yet they have poorest design in logos, their websites are eye gouging etc.

    I try to get them to engage in a chat before pitching anything over email and hopefully get them to follow up or get them on call and then pitch. Here is my template:

    Hello Mr. <CEO LAST NAME>.

    We don't know each other yet, but the first impressions that <YOUR COMPANY NAME> left on me such as <FACT #1>, <FACT #2> and <FACT #3> were reasons for me reaching out to you.

    I'd like to get to know you better and we truly are a good fit for each other as my gut feeling suggests, then I think I could help take your company to the next level in the real estate market.

    Are you free for a quick chat around this time next week?

    <my logo> <my website> <my linkedin>

    submitted by /u/nehardElhidine
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice concerning current sales gig with absolutely no comp

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 11:06 AM PST

    Currently working in electronic retail in the second biggest electronic retailer in the world. Salary is set according to a general base salary and without any comp at all. Every month the sales representatives are given specific goals for total turnover aswell as service sales such as tv insurance etc. Goals are followed up on periodically and everyone is basically supposed to meet their goals and are questioned regarding them more or less everyday. This job is my first sales gig and want to use it as a springboard for a better position at a company with better salary/comp plans but motivation is already after four months starting to slack. Watching your colleague roll their thumbs whilst your getting face to face with as many customers as possible and reaching your goals to then basically get an applaud from the boss to then do it all over again feels pretty demoralizing. My question though is how long I realistically need to keep working in retail to be able to be qualified to say a bdr or sdr role or maybe account management? And also is me reaching my monthly goals worth it to then be able to show to future employers that I am capable of reaching set out goals, or is it a waste of time since im racking up time at a sales gig anyhow? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Str8oMatic
    [link] [comments]

    Best Practices for cold emails?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 07:16 AM PST

    Hey guys, there is a lot about cold on here and I wanted to see what you guys could share regarding cold emails and sales emails in general. I would love to hear some best practices or some tips and tricks.

    submitted by /u/Dideoflamebumbly
    [link] [comments]

    How do you build rapport over the phone?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 03:31 PM PST

    I keep running in to the same obstacle "I don't like to give out my social security number over the phone." I know this comes from a place where the client just doesn't trust me yet. The problem is that, I need that social pretty early on to check his credit to see if I can offer him a loan.

    How do you quickly build rapport with a client over the phone? In a way that isn't cheesy? Also are there any good articles written on this subject?

    submitted by /u/MortgageRookie
    [link] [comments]

    What qualifications do you need to land a job in sales?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 09:42 AM PST

    Offered a job in tech industry, need advice

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 09:39 AM PST

    I'll be the first to admit that I don't know a lot about the tech industry. I was offered a job this week as a "Business Development/Inside Opportunity Representative", and I'll post the "description" of the job below, as well.

    Now my question is, for the position outlined below, what exactly is being expected of me and how does the pay sound in relation to the position? It is a flat $45,000 a year (non-exempt from overtime) + $400 a month (aka practically nothing) in potential bonuses for hitting/exceeding quotas... which seems really low to me. No commissions, no other bonuses or potential for increased revenue. The company outsources IT sales and marketing services for their clients and also deals with SaaS, bringing company networks/infrastructures onto the cloud. If it helps at all, I can DM you the name of the company offering the position as well as the location.

    The company, the recruiter who roped me into this, the job description, the interviews, etc. have all been extremely vague and I don't know enough about the tech industry to have a strong feeling about whether or not I'm having the wool pulled over my eyes in some way here. So I'm just looking for advice from others in the industry that may be able to shed some light on the quality of the pay/job.

    "The Inside Opportunity Representative is responsible for identifying and developing a sales pipeline of customers through prospecting existing, established and target accounts as well as following up on pre-qualified sales opportunities by the team's Sales Development Representative. Responsible for identifying key buying influencers within these prospects to determine full needs. Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel. Work with regional sales team and global pipeline team to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals. Prepare and analyze sales pipeline reports."

    submitted by /u/Sleepless_Devil
    [link] [comments]

    Help with coaching

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 09:35 AM PST

    Hey all I am managing a sales rep remotely and this rep owns a territory ( a group of states). This person is very needy in that they ask a lot of questions. I am not upset that they are asking questions but I am looking for strategies or ideas on how to encourage them to take more ownership and problem solve on their own? Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/InsideSalesMBA
    [link] [comments]

    First sales job straight out of college. Thoughts between a third part logistics sales job or a payroll sales job.

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 08:41 AM PST

    I have a lot of interviews set up, but the two that seem the most promising and the two that I would like to work at the most are at ADP and Total quality logistics. ADP obviously has one of the best training programs in the country with a 12$ an hour apprenticeship for the first 4-8 weeks and then a 39k base with 10% commission moving up to 20% commission then 30 % commission and so on. Total quality logistics pays a 35k base, but has a 22 week training and mentorship program that only pays the base sales and you get a 25% commission once you make it out in the field by yourself.

    ADP seems like the type of place you get a year or two of experience in then move on to greener pastures. While talking to the TQL sales manager, it seems like a place you would ideally want to stay in for years and years. She was telling me first years make on AVERAGE 57k per year which is low because of the 6-month training program, 2nd years make 75k-90k, 3rd years 90-120k, 4th years 120-150k, 5th years 150k+ and so on. It is a lot of repeat business once you build your book.

    Both companies have excellent reputations and training programs. What are your thoughts and what would you choose?

    submitted by /u/Froztynuts
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone in the education business?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 02:42 AM PST

    Background: I am starting my first graduate job as an Education Counsellor/Consultant (the title overlaps) at a small private company in Indonesia in a week. Our main aim is to assist Indonesian students to pursue education overseas (high school - postgraduate level). The service is completely free for the customers, since we get a commission from the universities and colleges we collaborate with. I have a target of 25 students per year.

    As this will be my first 'big girl' job, I have a lot of questions and need advice on how to be a good salesman.

    1. How do you start build a network of prospective customers? I tried asking my friends and they're either doing Masters already or they can't afford it. I've used LinkedIn to connect with other education consultants in my area hoping that I could message them about the work at some point.
    2. (To anyone who came across this thread) how did you get your first few clients? I need some inspiration.
    3. How would I meet prospective clients when I don't have a physical product to show them?

    Also if you want to share your experience being in a salesman in the education field, please so share your story.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/kentang_rice
    [link] [comments]

    Cold emailing them with a free audit and then follow up call?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 08:24 AM PST

    Hey, my company does Instagram management for different surgeons.

    I tried cold calling initially, but all these places usually has the gatekeeper telling me "the manager isn't here right now, I can give you his/her email and you can email them"

    So I thought to myself, if I send them a cold email first with an audit report of their Instagram attached, and then I follow up with a call? Would that work better?

    submitted by /u/revbound
    [link] [comments]

    Does this sound like a reasonable comp plan?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 08:03 AM PST

    Hi all-

    I'm currently reviewing a position that I might take but it seems a little fishy. The role is an Account Executive for a SaaS product that is barely off the ground (10-15 contracts, some of which with large enterprises). The company has significant revenues beyond this product.

    They are looking for someone to come in and have a quota of $1M / year with an OTE of ~120k. This equates to about 10 - 15 new sales per year.

    Does this seem reasonable? Something tells me the OTE is a bit low when factoring in how new the product is as well as how much they are trying to 2x the product in the first year.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/medicalixx
    [link] [comments]

    First B2B Interview. What do I ask?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 03:33 AM PST

    I'm doing an interview today for my first possible B2B gig. Always done personal sales.

    What are some questions I should ask to find out more about role?

    I know a ton to ask about sales but want to be able to ask some questions specific to B2B.

    submitted by /u/mikescottpprco
    [link] [comments]

    Would love an overview of my resume and LinkedIn from a more experienced sales professional!

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 07:12 AM PST

    Hey all, been in sales for over 2 years, 1 year post college SaaS sales. I have done very well as a business development executive and got recruited to a start up. I have done great in my limited time here as well with achievements and Recommendations from my directors, but it has not been a proper fit with our executives overpromising since they just opened the office, solution isn't as market ready etc. really looking to dive into a full AE position with some travel etc. I have had a recruiter reach out for this level of role but want to make sure that the online image I am portraying is top notch. Would love some help from this sub if it is ok as you guys have helped so much before. Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/No_Fruit_Juice
    [link] [comments]

    Would you advise me calling the recruiter?

    Posted: 27 Nov 2018 06:56 AM PST

    I went to an interview on Monday last week

    And the recruiter told me that I will know if I got the job or not by the beginning of "next week" aka (this week) due to the fact that it was a holiday last week

    I think the interview went very well, my only fear is that I am forgotten about

    So I sent in a thank you letter on Saturday of last week to make sure I am fresh on their minds

    I was told I will know by the beginning of next week

    It is now Tuesday of the week And when someone says

    "beginning of the week" I think either Monday or Tuesday

    I still have not gotten a call and it's 9am

    What do you think?

    Should I call the recruiter's cell phone? Because she has her cell phone number in one of the emails letting me know to call if I run into any problems on my interview day.

    It's a week past the interview day, Should I call or send email?

    submitted by /u/realtalkgame
    [link] [comments]

    Easy way to start your sales career and make 100k+ in no time!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 07:58 PM PST

    I see a lot of posts asking how to start a career in sales or how to make a lot of money. There is one easy way to find out if you have what it takes AND speed your way to a 6 figure sales job.

    SELL YOURSELF

    The first step and, continually, most important step is to network, network and network. Get out there and meet people and sell yourself to them. If you can't learn to sell yourself you will nevermind be able to sell a phone, car, software or pharma. Eventually you will meet someone who can help you and can help move your career along.

    Happy hunting and farming!

    submitted by /u/ubiquitous_guy
    [link] [comments]

    How do you name this role in LinkedIn?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 11:16 PM PST

    Business Developer at Apple

    Or

    Business Development at Apple

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ATG1209
    [link] [comments]

    Should I go into sales?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 08:44 PM PST

    I'm about to graduate this December and have been seriously considering a career in sales.

    I recently have applied to an outside sales position with a huge corporation. I had an interview with the VP of Sales. As we were finishing the interview, I asked him "what is a skill or quality you wish I had?" and he said "You've done great throughout this interview, however you don't come off assertive. You're going to be dealing with business owners who will take advantage of you. I think you need to be a little more confident."

    After the interview, I got extremely discouraged and I feel like I shouldn't go into sales at all.

    I was positive that I was going to get this job before the interview. I have some outside sales experience working as an intern with a local marketing agency. However, I got very nervous during the interview and I don't think I sold myself at all.

    submitted by /u/flower7701
    [link] [comments]

    Am I crazy for considering leaving?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 08:18 PM PST

    Both jobs are SaaS AE roles

    Current job:

    • 55K Base/85K OTE (very achievable)
    • Been at the company for 4 months
    • Great company, great product, great management, benefits
    • I wanted to reiterate how great my current company is, its the most low stress, achievable sales job I've ever seen. But in a weird way I miss the stress and the thrill/rush of outbound hunting, its a very different style and my background is in pure cold calling outbound
    • Primarily inbound, very little/no cold calling
    • Won't start seeing big commission checks for 6-9 months due to longer sales cycle length, quarterly commission and pay schedule

    Potential new job:

    • 55K Base/115K OTE (not as achievable but possible)
    • Good company, good product, good management, benefits not as good as current company but still good
    • Pure outbound cold calling and self sourcing (higher chance for failure)
    • Monthly sales cycle so I'll start earning money a lot faster with shorter ramp (big plus)
    • Better culture fit (younger coworkers, go out for drinks more with coworkers, already know people there)

    I'm in a tight spot financially and really need the money, am I crazy for considering leaving a good, comfortable sales job for a higher pressure outbound role with a higher chance of failure?

    What would you do in my shoes?

    submitted by /u/VE_throwaway1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment