• Breaking News

    Monday, November 26, 2018

    Promote your business, week of November 26, 2018 small business

    Promote your business, week of November 26, 2018 small business


    Promote your business, week of November 26, 2018

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 05:14 PM PST

    Note: To prevent your messages from being flagged by the autofilter, don't use shortened URLs.

    submitted by /u/Charice
    [link] [comments]

    When will I need a business license?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 12:20 PM PST

    I am 14 and I am starting an online store with Wordpress + WooCom + a bunch of other stuff, I will be using Prin on Demand stuff. But when I am older I plan to expand to a real company. When will I need a business license?

    submitted by /u/heimerdawg
    [link] [comments]

    Business Rate Shipping

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 12:24 AM PST

    I know I've seen threads where people have talked about the best rates for business rate shipping but my searching is turning up nothing at the moment.

    Tell me about shipping... USPS? UPS? FedEx? How much do you save? Are there minimum thresholds for discounts?

    My boxes will be fairly heavy and larger (about 10-50 lbs and 16x16x8) if that makes a difference. Also will be doing some really small less than a lb poly mailer as well.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/yoooooohoooooooooooo
    [link] [comments]

    Should I consider Sole Proprietorship + insurance or setup an LLC?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 11:42 PM PST

    I want to protect personal assets especially this early on in pursuit of a profit.

    Due to the yearly $800 Franchise tax in California for LLCs, I am considering a Sole Proprietorship instead before making a decision.

    Let's say, the sole proprietorship is sued, but assume the damage would be covered by an insurance policy, for what reason(s) should I consider an LLC this early on?

    submitted by /u/motivationconsulate
    [link] [comments]

    Business Credit card vs personal

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 01:10 PM PST

    Hey guys so I've been looking into business credit cards and from what I can tell most business credit cards have a worse reward systems than personal cards. Is The only advantage to business credit cards is that they usually come with higher limits? I guess separating my personal from my business is a bonus as well, but I could just use Citi double cash which gives me 2% back which is just about better than every business card. What do you guys use for small business purchasing? I am purchasing about 100k a year.

    submitted by /u/ruwheele
    [link] [comments]

    Going into business with someone who holds all the assets

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 12:55 PM PST

    Trying to reconcile the principle that if you don't own any equity in the company, it's not your company & anything you invest in its growth won't stack up to fair exchange in the long run

    So how would I structure a business where my friend/colleague is fronting all of the startup costs? I need to have an equal relationship with him on some executive level but also cede to his interests as the primary investor.

    Even if I do invest my own resources, it would be somewhere in the balance of him putting up $40k and me putting up $5k.

    So how to structure the LLC, how to balance the power?

    submitted by /u/gimmegimmedownvotes
    [link] [comments]

    Gaming PC website, how do I increase sales?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 08:39 PM PST

    Hey guys, I'm 19, a college student and the owner of Aerobic Computing. I recently started my own computer business, and they are high end computers, although not limited to gaming.

    I've made two sales so far, both to local businesses through word of mouth. I really want to figure out how to get online sales, because that's where I think I'll make the most money.

    What I plan on doing:

    adding 6 more computers with a larger price range.

    Make social media accounts

    Making an amazon store.

    Better product photos (requires more capital)

    What I've done:

    Contacted youtubers with sponsorships.

    Started a google ads campaign

    Posted on relevant subreddits / on all my social media.

    Made a big sale on my computers.

    What else can I do to increase my sales and visitors to my website with limited capital? Any advice helps.

    https://www.aerobicpc.com

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/TristanTTaylor
    [link] [comments]

    My Digital Marketing Agency is trying to help small businesses with interesting articles that could help them, what would you like to be posted?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 05:50 PM PST

    We often see small business owners that are completely clueless about marketing and specially digital marketing. Since we are overhauling our web presence and launching a blog with articles on digital marketing, we will try to help said people to learn more about digital marketing, what to do, what not to do, etc.

    But we want to answer specific questions and not be too general about things, so we thought about asking real business owners what they would like to read about (involving digital marketing).

    submitted by /u/TrillPegasus
    [link] [comments]

    Lawn Sprinkler installers/maintenance companies -- what software do you use?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 05:23 PM PST

    Do you use software to manage estimates, new installs, work orders, service calls, winterizations, spring startups, etc? Or do you just do it all manually (printouts/spreadsheets/something else)?

    I'm curious because I built software for a lawn sprinkler company that they've been using for 4+ years now and the software basically runs all their operations. Just curious what others are using.

    submitted by /u/garfonzo
    [link] [comments]

    Realistic to start online only a few thousand?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 04:58 PM PST

    I'm looking to find anything really that I can make some extra money selling online, perhaps rent money. I have a few thousand I can invest in product to sell online, but I'm not sure what or where to start other than some edible food products I have ideas for. I feel like the start up cost from that alone would cost a lot. Aside from that, I'm to really sure.

    submitted by /u/randomquestions22
    [link] [comments]

    You have an idea for an online coffee mug store, what next?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 04:57 PM PST

    I'm new to the field of commerce... I'm also pretty much broke in terms of this project. I have an idea for an online store that sells artistic coffee mugs at a low price, but how do I get it started? I can easily get a Wordpress site up, but the commerce features require a subscription, and the Printify (almost all other options too) mugs are super expensive. What do I do? Should I get a crowdfunding ad up to get the site running?

    submitted by /u/SwillyChillyMilly
    [link] [comments]

    How to find a good freight company- not sure if that's even the name for I need.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 04:49 PM PST

    Sometimes when I order products from overseas instead of the company using DHL, postal service, etc, the vendor will ask me to provide a company to deal with getting the freight to me. I've always just used whatever provider my vendor can recommend for me but ideally I would like to shop around for a company I can build a relationship with and know I'm getting good service for a fair price. These products will often be on a palette or 2. So I need a company that handles that. I am in the Tampa area.
    Any suggestions on how to even go about searching this? Do I look for cargo companies? Freight companies? Or does anyone have a company you have used and can recommend? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/NobiruORBust
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone started a small business food operation?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 04:30 PM PST

    I have an idea, a niche market of chips and protein bars. I was wondering what should I expect for just the cost of manufacturing either item. Which would be most realistic, is it possible to get small runs just to test the market?

    submitted by /u/randomquestions22
    [link] [comments]

    Please advise me on my Ecommerce Website

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 04:21 PM PST

    Please take a look, any critique would be helpful. www.RazorReserve.com. I also have an instagram account to generate traffic. 3000 visits, no sales :(

    submitted by /u/sythernod
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Purchase Order systems

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 03:57 PM PST

    We've been using an old fashioned triplicate PO system to log and code expenses for a while, and it's creating a ton of paperwork. Does anyone know of any alternative options? Perhaps a cloud based program that'd allow for multiple users to access data in real time?

    submitted by /u/TimmyTopCorns
    [link] [comments]

    How would one start a new product business?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 01:55 PM PST

    Let's say that you have an idea for a new card game. You have designed the logo and title appearance in Photoshop, and have an idea as to its price and audience... You don't have enough money to get much done, so you start a Kickstarter campain that ends up reaching its goal. How would you mass produce this item and then make it available online to the public? What do you do now? Please be descriptive.

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/SwillyChillyMilly
    [link] [comments]

    Writing off a conference

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 11:51 AM PST

    Hey smallbusiness!

    I have a quick tax question for you: if I attend a conference related to my business can I deduct 100% of the cost (meals, lodging, etc are included in the package) dollar for dollar from my taxes at the end of the year?

    For example, I owe $2000 in taxes, but I spent $2000 on a business trip. Would those totally cancel out?

    submitted by /u/DenSem
    [link] [comments]

    Somebody recommended I crosspost to here. This is a small “urban winery”, should I take over half of it for my parents but probably won’t get paid for awhile?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 11:25 AM PST

    Collateral?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 09:28 AM PST

    Called the bank to talk about a loan they said that because they were federally insured that they could offer me the same rate for what I thought was an unnecessarily large amount. So my question is do I need collateral, and even if I don't technically need it would it be a bad idea to jump in without some sort of fall back fund?

    submitted by /u/Bobello10000
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help Creating Referral Program For Handmade

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 07:21 AM PST

    I would like to create a responsible referral program for my pottery to help build a fan base and get my work out a bit more. For example, if I had some folks who bought my pots posted images in social media and I get two more orders, how should I go about rewarding them in a responsible way with keeping cost in mind? Some suggest giving them a discount but at times this might be higher and create a loss. Should there be a percentage? Can I send them 20% of the sale as a gift? I'm not sure how to code this in my book keeping. Do any of you have a reference or incentive program. If so how do you run it? Should I send them a free gift from the shop?

    submitted by /u/Pyrometer2232
    [link] [comments]

    What are your top frustrations/blocks/yucks with your business' social media?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 04:44 AM PST

    Fellow small biz owners! This topic is a strength of mine and I'd love to help:

    1. What are your top blocks with your business' social media right now?
    2. If social media was working completely in your favour, what would it look like?
    3. Quick intro to your biz or include your social handles/URLs
    4. Your age or year of birth
    5. Your gender identity

    Let's help eachother based on the answers.

    submitted by /u/wahine_surfer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment