• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 25, 2018

    My girlfriend (we aren't married) and I have a daughter with health issues, unpaid ambulance bill? Insurance

    My girlfriend (we aren't married) and I have a daughter with health issues, unpaid ambulance bill? Insurance


    My girlfriend (we aren't married) and I have a daughter with health issues, unpaid ambulance bill?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 08:54 PM PST

    What will happen if she doesn't pay it? Collections, and then they go after her but if her only income is disability for her child what will happen then? But she lives with family who has money but it's not their kid.

    submitted by /u/jake655
    [link] [comments]

    Went to hospital for accidental head injury, insurance needs info from doctor but I went to the ER

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 01:15 PM PST

    As the title says, what do I do when the attending physician who I saw was at the ER? In addition, this was in a completely different city than I normally live in (same state, which is TN). Also I am about 80% sure the attending physician was a nurse practitioner. Does that affect it as well?

    submitted by /u/RoseSelkie
    [link] [comments]

    What are relevant careers for someone with experience as a claim adjuster?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 03:07 PM PST

    I have been working in claims for about two years now as a work comp adjuster. I do not mind the work, and I am pretty good at it as I have been promoted several times. However, I do not see it as a career, it is just a job for me. I am starting to take interest in medicine and even toying the idea of going to med school or PT school.

    I have generic business degree so if I do decide to go to a medical route I do have to go back to school. I am looking for other careers I can explore and research.

    Previous claims adjuster, what did you do/currently doing after you got out as a claims adjuster? How relevant are the skills I learned for other careers?

    submitted by /u/vegetable_sauce
    [link] [comments]

    Do you have Workers Comp insurance during the period when a payment is late but before it's been officially cancelled?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 01:25 AM PST

    We have a small apartment building located in NJ. Covered by Travelers if that makes a difference.

    We missed our annual bill which was due Jan 5th, and then got a letter saying that we are late and they will cancel if we don't pay by Feb 20th. We paid it on Feb 10th. I made these dates up, since I don't remember the real dates but just go with it.

    My question is if something happened after Jan 5th, but before we paid the bill on Feb 10th, could the insurance company have denied our claim? We got into a little debate about this within the family and now I am curious.

    submitted by /u/MoneyForHumans
    [link] [comments]

    Auto insurance taking their time

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 06:55 PM PST

    We got into a car accident and are waiting to hear back from the other driver's insurance. It has been over 3 weeks. They are stating they are waiting to get a statement from their driver. Other than that, we cant get ahold of them and nothing is moving forward. Meanwhile, Im racking up rental car bills. How can we get them to act more quickly?

    submitted by /u/lettuceprey11
    [link] [comments]

    Deciding fault for accident

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 08:38 PM PST

    I was coming out of a private parking garage onto a public street. I looked both ways, and then proceeded, but someone whizzed by me on my right (street is a two way) and I wasn't able to stop in time. We scraped each other, probably going about 10 mph at the most on my end.

    I've reported this to my insurance, and am fully covered. Her damage is a lot worse than mine, but both cars are drivable and to the best of my knowledge, not totaled.

    Wondering if anyone is able to give me an idea of who would be at fault?

    submitted by /u/pakmak
    [link] [comments]

    Sole Proprietor or LLC

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 10:54 PM PST

    I'm starting out an insurance practice where I will be a 1099 worker under a Managing General Agent. Since they will be paying me 1099 and I'll be in my own office in a different city than their base, I think I have to be a sole proprietor.

    However, I am considering forming an LLC to personally fund and then use to pay for expenses. Things like my phone, bills, car, et cetera.

    What is your guys' experience with this? What are your suggestions?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/spencercoffman
    [link] [comments]

    Options for cheap insurance with girlfriend paying most of the bills

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 09:24 PM PST

    TLDR on the girlfriend paying most of the bills part: We live together. We moved to this area for her job after college and she gets paid really well. I'm going through college again so I am only working part time while she takes care of most of our living expenses.

    Would I still be eligible for something like Medicaid? I'm paying nearly $140 monthly for full medical coverage right now. My friend told me that Medicaid could be an option and is way cheaper, but I'm not sure if I'm eligible with my current living situation.

    I make probably <10k a year with my new job.

    Male, 22

    Please let me know if you need any more info.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Torm_the_Revanchist
    [link] [comments]

    What to expect from "smoke mitigation contractor" sent by insurance company?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 09:23 AM PST

    Had a fire inside our clothes dryer two days ago. The whole house filled with smoke - a chemical smell from plastic parts of the dryer. There's still a strong smell in the laundry room, a moderate smell in the rest of the finished basement, and a noticeable smell in the upstairs (main floor) of the house.

    I'm worried the "smoke mitigation contractor" sent by insurance company won't think it's serious enough to warrant much repair. Seems like smell can be subjective and depend on the individual's sensitivity level.

    Does anybody have experience with this? I'm prepared to push for what I think is necessary, but looking for thoughts.

    submitted by /u/user13760
    [link] [comments]

    Consequences of not reporting traffic conviction to insurance company?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 02:35 PM PST

    I recently received my first speeding ticket -- 20km/h over the posted limit, and 1 demerit point. I'm going to pay the fine, since I was guilty and I learned my lesson. However, I am wondering what the consequences are on my insurance.

    Obviously, paying the ticket means accepting a conviction, and so my premiums will go up when the insurance company discovers it. It's to my understanding that they probably won't check my record before I renew, so the only way they would find out earlier is if I tell them.

    On my policy, it details that I have a duty to inform my insurer about any traffic conviction, as it could possibly aggravate my risk (thereby increasing my premium). Not telling them could nullify my coverage (as long as the failure to disclose my conviction would likely substantially influence an insurer in the decision to cover the risk).

    The legal jargon in the contract is kind of making my head spin, so I'm coming to reddit to ask for advice. What is the likelihood that me not disclosing this traffic ticket will have a serious impact on my coverage, if I were to get in an accident? Should I tell my insurance company about the ticket?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Puzzled100
    [link] [comments]

    Property Damage Claims with Water Mitigation Unit - Allstate/Liberty Mutual

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 04:01 PM PST

    Hello all,

    I am a water mitigation technician with a restoration company. When a homeowner finds that there is water damage to their home, I am the guy to go and take care of the damage and dry things out. When I assess the damages and make a plan of what needs to be done, I have to first call into the Water Mitigation Unit which is part of Allstate/Liberty Mutual. I am interested in their job and I believe that I could be a good candidate for being employed there because of my experience in the field.

    Does anyone know about this sort of thing and could provide any resources? I have never seen any job postings or anything about water remediation jobs that are directly under insurance carriers...

    Thank you for your time!

    submitted by /u/turquoisehexagonsun_
    [link] [comments]

    Car Insurance: Major Accident - Rear Ended

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 02:32 PM PST

    Thanks in advance for all your advice and insight. On Monday of this week I was at a standstill (due to rush hour traffic) on a major highway here in Texas, when I was rear-ended by another driver. He was cited for non-attentive driving, but unfortunately, my 2010 Ford Truck is going to be a total loss. After a trip to the hospital to have my back and neck looked at, looks like a couple of months of PT are going to be scheduled.

    My questions are: I broke a pair of expensive sunglasses in the wreck, my MacBook Pro screen was broke (had it on the passenger seat for work purposes) and I had JUST put on new aluminum rims and tires the day before the wreck. How do I ensure I get the value of these items in the claim? With the bak and neck issues, should I hire a personal injury attorney and with their cut, is it economical?

    Any other advice you can provide is GREATLY appreciated. I want to make sure I claim items that I should (especially items that I am probably not aware of), but of course not a penny more than due.

    submitted by /u/chance_da_gardener
    [link] [comments]

    Proper way to cancel term life policy?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 07:02 AM PST

    I want to cancel a term life policy. Insurance company says "just stop paying premiums."

    That doesn't feel right to me ... I learned valuable lessons (when I was young) when I failed to fulfill financial obligations. I envision a scenario where I get a debt notice or some other adverse reaction.

    But the company says it's how they cancel, and nothing bad will come of it. I'm not sure why the rep wouldn't just cancel it when I asked.

    Should I just let it lapse? Or, should I request the company formally terminate? (What are the pros & cons of either method?)

    submitted by /u/Thunderbird_12
    [link] [comments]

    Multi Policy Insurance

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 04:37 PM PST

    New poster here. I have been researching insurance pretty heavily over the last couple weeks as my husband and I prepare our budget for 2019. We currently have auto insurance and homeowners insurance, as well as an umbrella policy with one company. Is there any reason why we should be careful or possibly avoid using the same company for term life insurance, long term disability, and possibly even health insurance?

    We currently do not have health insurance (planning to register during this open enrollment period), nor life or disability insurance. I know there are benefits of having grouped policies, but like with investment planning, I worry about putting all our eggs in one basket. Any guidance on this issue would be appreciated. I am starting to feel like I'm in over my head with all of this, and the last thing I need is to be talked into something that I shouldn't do.

    submitted by /u/Twitinator
    [link] [comments]

    Policy premium increases?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 02:15 PM PST

    My auto renewal is on the horizon and my insurer wants 8.5% more than last year. There are no changes to coverage, location, autos, insured, no tickets, no accidents in decades. Credit score about the same. Long time policy holder. If anything, cars are a year older and worth less.

    This is for a large city in North Texas, but not the largest ones.

    So I'm wondering about others' experiences or how i might be able to determine if this increase is typical or what is driving (no pun intended) that level of increase.

    I know it is probably time to shop around. Thanks for any insights.

    submitted by /u/henryblancew
    [link] [comments]

    CA Disability Insurance

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 12:26 PM PST

    So my physician gave me 2.5 months of disability and it was approved. After evaluating, Surgeon cleared me for 4 weeks and then part time. After the four weeks, since I'm only doing part time, will I still get some disability? I'm not cleared to go back full time until 8 weeks so I'll be doing part time for 4 weeks. I am getting mixed answers online. Some say you can't work at all with disability and some say you can and during the part time you'll get whatever you lost.

    submitted by /u/Excavatumfemale
    [link] [comments]

    Questions:Car Insurance

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 10:15 AM PST

    Alright< So i am helping my sister get car insurance, and a car. We were looking at insurance rates and for one sister who got her lincese at 17 its 85 for the same veichle and for the other one its 300 And the 17 year old has a wreck on her record and for the other one with 300 dollar insurance rates is a clean driver what is going on here?

    submitted by /u/YoungandDumb2005
    [link] [comments]

    Cross post of my original post. Thank you, in advance.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 05:02 AM PST

    Craigs List Scam Fraudulent check leading to Stolen car

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 04:08 AM PST

    Will my insurance cover what now is a stolen car related to what should have been a auto sale but the check received for payment was fraudulent.

    submitted by /u/bevo68
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment