• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 25, 2018

    It's a cold rainy day so I made a student loan pay off poster Student Loans

    It's a cold rainy day so I made a student loan pay off poster Student Loans


    It's a cold rainy day so I made a student loan pay off poster

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 12:36 PM PST

    I'm no artist but I'm excited to start tracking my progress. I found a payoff tracker I liked at debt free millenials and modified it. I needed a larger one... I have a lot of debt.

    Edit: added a picture to the album with it colored in.

    Here it is

    submitted by /u/ponderwander
    [link] [comments]

    I fucked up

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 10:03 PM PST

    So I had to take out a loan for my first semester of undergrad this year and since it was a last minute thing and not well thought out I stupidly chose Sallie Mae. I got a $5700 loan at an 11.875% interest rate an even though i knew it was absurdly high, I had no choice but to take it. I am currently paying off the interest every month until I graduate. Is there anyway for me to refinance it because I was thinking maybe once i turn 18 (in a week) I can build up my credit and get it refinanced maybe?

    Edit: even if you can't exactly help me, I would greatly appreciate any advice because I am trying to become more financially literate

    submitted by /u/richatoo
    [link] [comments]

    When should I Complete Entrance Counseling? Fall 2019 Admit!

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 08:44 PM PST

    I have been admitted for the Fall 2019 semester at a California community college but I have a feeling I'm doing this too early.

    submitted by /u/Ronology
    [link] [comments]

    How to pay off the accrued interest?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 07:59 PM PST

    So both my Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans are combined together with a servicer. The accrued interest for one of them is about $12. I'm in school but I want to pay off the interest every month. If I pay $12, does it get evenly split between both loans or will it be used to pay off that interest? Would I have to pay $24 instead?

    It was $4 the first month and after paying $4 that same month, it went up to $10 the next month. :/

    submitted by /u/OtakuSeme
    [link] [comments]

    Salliemae sold my debt

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 08:01 AM PST

    Now I don't know how to pay back... I don't even know how much I owe now. Last I check it was like $12K

    submitted by /u/muaytao
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to decide if I should do IBR or try to refinance

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 10:32 PM PST

    Hi all. I recently graduated with a doctorate in a health field and $255,000 in debt, with interest rates between 5 and 7% depending on the loan. I've been having a hard time getting answers on my best options despite meeting with financial planners and doing my own research.

    If I were to do a 10-year repayment plan with my current servicer, it would use the entirety of my income (around $2,800 take home per month, $43k per year gross). My husband makes about $83k per year. I should get a raise to about 68k next fall. We live in a HCOL area and it would be a significant struggle to manage on his salary alone, if my entire salary was going to my loans.

    I have also considered doing income-based repayment. I've gotten conflicting messages about if I will end up spending more or less with that plan, given the tax penalty when the loans are forgiven in 20 years. I've thought about doing IBR but paying above the amount given, but I just don't know what's best.

    Any thoughts? We are hoping to have children and buy a new home in the next few years.

    EDIT: Also, is there anything to stop me from going with PAYE but paying much more whenever I can?

    submitted by /u/latche
    [link] [comments]

    TIRED of FedLoan's malicious incompetence.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 02:40 PM PST

    I have had nothing but issues with this loan servicer. First, it started with them denying my IBR requests 3 times because they claimed they had not received the needed information. They hadn't received any of my follow-up correspondence or the files I uploaded on their website? I finally got a hold of a manger who basically admitted that they messed up.

    NOW, they are claiming that the employment certification on my PSLF is incorrect and that it needs to be fixed...3 MONTHS AFTER I HAD BEEN ACCEPTED INTO PSLF. They claim that the employer marked my end date before my start date...um, my employer clearly checked the box labeled "currently employed". Are they lying to get me out of PSLF?

    Just needed to vent...I'm tired of calling their incompetent staff that don't seem to care and who put our financial lives in their clumsy, oily hands.

    Anyone else have problems with FedLoan?

    submitted by /u/NicoB33
    [link] [comments]

    Thought I was graduating in December but I’m not, am I screws for financial aid for the Spring 2019 semester?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 06:29 PM PST

    I was supposed to graduate this semester but due to a mix up in transfer credits from another school I was concurrently enrolled in, I will need to stay and finish in the spring semester. It's honestly not that big of a deal to finish in 4 years instead of 3.5, but my issue is that when I received my Financial Aid Notification from my school back during the Summer(?) I believe, I didn't accept aid for Spring 2019 because I thought I was graduating. How do I resolve this? On my school fin aid page it just says "no award" for Spring 2019 and I haven't been able to find an answer browsing the web and FAFSA website. To be clear, I was originally offered aid Spring 2019 and didn't accept it so my FAFSA is already filed.

    submitted by /u/mahalkita21
    [link] [comments]

    No one trying to collect, nothing on my credit report

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 05:17 PM PST

    It's been at least 8-9 years since I made a payment. It's never showed on my credit report and when I call Navient they know about it. I even asked them to garnish my check but they said they couldn't (its better to have a garnishment sometimes because all creditors combined can't take more than 25% of your income)

    I just don't know why?

    submitted by /u/Nightowl805
    [link] [comments]

    Borrowers defense claims on Devry university

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 09:49 AM PST

    I was wondering if anyone has heard back from the claims on devry?

    submitted by /u/romaniq
    [link] [comments]

    Teacher on IBR for PSLF and pregnant, curious abut reassessing income

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 08:35 AM PST

    So as the title says, I'm a teacher on IBR, planning on using PSLF. According to MyFedLoans, I have about 72 payments left to go. I am 20 weeks pregnant, and I vaguely remember last time I applied for recalculation it asked number of dependents and said that unborn babies count if you are pregnant. I owe $70,000 and, as a teacher, I'm just never going to pay that off, so having the smallest payments possible is my only hope at this point. Please save your judgement; I regret my decisions almost every day, and know my mistakes. Just saying.

    Wondering if I should apply to have them reassess my income or just wait until my year comes around in August? Anyone have any experience changing their status while pregnant?

    submitted by /u/rayanngraff
    [link] [comments]

    PSLF monthly payments based on AGI vs pay stubs

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 05:34 AM PST

    So my student loans have finally entered repayment, and I'm hoping someone has dealt with a similar situation.

    I began my first job post-graduation about 4 months ago. I was accepted for PSLF and submitted the paperwork for IDR to my at-the-time loan servicer, Navient. While doing the IDR request, I submitted our 2017 tax returns electronically along with our current pay stubs as I was instructed to. My loans are now with FedLoan and my REPAYE payments are clearly being based off our current gross pay and not last year's AGI.

    Since I am in PSLF, it benefits me to pay the minimum amount in whatever way possible. Currently my monthly payment is $990 vs the $90-100 it would be according to the REPAYE calculator using our 2017 AGI. I submitted a new IDR request with FedLoan, once again with our tax return and pay stubs, with the only difference this time is our larger household due to us having our first kid.

    My question is, can I ask them to use our 2017 AGI or is it at their discretion since they have our pay stubs?

    submitted by /u/rxescript
    [link] [comments]

    Taking More Student Loans vs. Dipping into Investment Account

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 07:04 AM PST

    Next year is the final year of my graduate school program. After this year, I will have about $47,000 in student loan debt from both undergraduate and graduate school loans combined. I need $10,000 to make it through next year and I would love to not take out any more student loans. My grandmother passed away a few years ago and left me $20,000 in stocks, which I have not touched. Would it make more sense to take out $10,000 from the stocks or to take out the money in student loans? The average interest rate on all of the loans is 5.62%.

    submitted by /u/adhkldj
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment