• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 25, 2018

    I want to move from TV sales into car sales. What should I know/look for before accepting job offers at a dealership? Sales and Selling

    I want to move from TV sales into car sales. What should I know/look for before accepting job offers at a dealership? Sales and Selling


    I want to move from TV sales into car sales. What should I know/look for before accepting job offers at a dealership?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 08:25 AM PST

    The title summarizes it nicely. I work at Best Buy in the home theater department. I love what I do, but I hate that I'm pressured so hard to hit sales numbers on Best Buy Credit Cards and Geek Squad services even though I receive no additional compensation or incentive to sell them.

    Right now I'm at 9 for the month, but even if I had 90 Card apps it wont get me full time, and it only adds $200 in revenue to my department (what I'm expected to sell within 20 minutes)

    I want to move into car sales since I feel comfortable with the sales process.

    What should I look for in a dealership if I were to work there?

    submitted by /u/The_rag_man
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for a newly hired sales engineer?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 05:37 AM PST

    Hey guys, I have recently been hired as a sales engineer for a mill manufacturer. I have previously had 1.5 years of experience as a technical sales engineer aka being a glorified cashier (no real selling or cold calling). In this new sales engineering position, I will be expected to support the area sales managers, of which there are two. By the end of 2019 I am supposed to grow into the area sales manager role and have my own territory.

    What general advice would you give me?

    Also, I am curious about the following:

    • How much should I ask for a year from now? (current is $68k base + $10k guaranteed bonus)
    • As a young guy, what should I do to have clients take me more seriously?
    • What are must reads for a sales engineer?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/cryptohasan
    [link] [comments]

    People in SaaS sales, what does your funnel look like?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 09:20 AM PST

    Funnels are going to be highly specific and tailored to each industry but I'll give an example. I sell healthcare SaaS for cost reduction within supply chain (it's not limited to healthcare but that's where we've established our base). Our target market is VP's of supply chain. Our funnel goes like this:

    1. Introductory Call -A 15 minute call where we learn more about the customer's needs via questions and conversation to see if they're a good fit before showcasing our technology.

    2. Our Slidedeck Presentation -We present our slidedeck which entails who we are, how are technology works, and the rest is on our data analytics specifics in regards to their needs.

    3. Live Walkthrough -Here we show our prospects the actual technology and walk them through what our platform looks like. The SaaS is pretty good looking and it's not uncommon for a customer to have a completely different impression of our SaaS here. We include screenshots and such in the slidedeck but the functionality is so much more than words can describe.

    The reason I'm asking about this process is often times we have prospects ask to go directly to the Live Walkthrough (where we walk them through our SaaS) after we ask a few questions about what tools they're currently using, what ERP they're on, etc.

    Is your sales funnel similar to this? Do you shorten your funnel when a prospect wants to go directly to the software?

    We've started to combine the first two steps of the funnel to shorten the process and make it as informative and painless as possible. Everything that's included is really just the meat and potatoes of the matter. No extra fluff, we're pretty straight to the point while also incorporating those key words our prospects are looking for.

    submitted by /u/emaciated_pecan
    [link] [comments]

    B2B SaaS outlook. . .

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 08:12 AM PST

    Everyone and their brother knows there's a recession in the post. How do you think it will affect the B2B SaaS landscape? As a college senior looking to get in should I just say fuck it and go into uniform sales? Pls help. <--- [call-to-action]

    submitted by /u/BlindMidget
    [link] [comments]

    Selling to healthcare in a recession

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 11:29 AM PST

    I sell cybersecurity services to healthcare (provider side- primarily independent hospitals, small to midsize systems, AMCs, large PPGs, etc) - about 1 year in an AE role with several years in the industry. Been wildly successful so far and no complaints, generally. That said, I hear reasonable speculation of an upcoming recession and I am curious to hear thoughts from others in the healthcare space on how the recession might impact buying. I tend to look at healthcare as being pretty resilient; people get sick irrespective of economic conditions. There's also evidence that indicates that cybercrime goes up when the economy is bad. My instinct is to think everything will be copacetic but I am curious to hear others' thoughts. Thanks all!

    submitted by /u/Covfefe_Is_4_Closers
    [link] [comments]

    What type of sales job can I transition into?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 10:46 AM PST

    I have been a sales rep at this company for two years. I have been in sales for 4 years total and scientific lab work for 1 year / chemistry degree.

    Currently, I sell optical (fluorescent and luminescent) materials, and product authentication materials (3D hologram, anti counterfeit labels, etc). We also provide an app for our services that I have to talk about during the selling process.

    It looks like the company might sell to a competitor in a year or two. What industries could I transition to? If I went back to school what field would be good to look at?

    I deal with product / brand security, travel internationally, and have a scientific background (as stated before, chemistry B.S.). I have an open mind and look forward to your suggestions!

    submitted by /u/ICanGetThem
    [link] [comments]

    Emergency advice

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 06:26 AM PST

    Delete if not allowed

    So to make a long story short, my wife suffered from really bad depression and had to stop working right after I took a new sales job with a much lower base but a potential for huge commissions, unfortunately I was sold on the grass being greener and it's definitely not and shortly after that I found out my wife is pregnant , so I've fallen behind on bills and it's put me in a spot I've never been, so if you had to turn $100 to $1000 by Wednesday how would you do it ??

    Thanks guys

    submitted by /u/StoneyCloser
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone is or has been using those video prospecting tools like Vidyard ? Any feedback ?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 01:31 PM PST

    30 60 90 day plan

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 02:01 PM PST

    Enterprise SDR and I have an interview with another company for an AE role

    For my panel interview I wanted to bring a 30-60-90 day plan, but wasn't sure what to include on it.

    I saw some generic ones online but it doesn't feel like all the bullet points are related to this company and I don't fully understand some of them. Could be digging myself into a pit with that.

    I was wondering if any one here had any pointers for doing one, or any examples. Plus anything else I should talk about in my interview.

    submitted by /u/Magickarploco
    [link] [comments]

    The technology trends that will make sales people rich.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 05:11 PM PST

    Hi Everyone,

    I'm wondering, which technologies do you think will provide substantial financial returns to sales people who begin positioning themselves to sell them today?

    For example, I'm a firm believer that Industrial IoT in the SMB market is going to be big as smaller players in manufacturing feel downward pricing pressure from larger industry incumbents getting on board, increasing globalization, disinter-mediation, and talent shortages.

    IIoT is already in full swing. I'm thinking B2B tech sales people will be seeing an increase in demand for analytics and AI technologies in the next 24 months.

    submitted by /u/theron-
    [link] [comments]

    Resume Help: Transitioning into Sales from Analyst/Management Roles

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 04:14 PM PST

    I'm wanting to change careers and move into sales. I've spent the last six years in analyst and management roles and never felt like I belonged. Family has encouraged me to go into sales and recruiters have given me tests and they all point to sales as being a place where I can be successful and likely be happier in my career.

    I'm having a hard time transitioning my resume to fit this. I feel any "relevant" work experience occurred so long ago that my work history looks way too long.

    I would appreciate any and all thoughts.

    Thank you in advance.

    https://imgur.com/5KBF1w2

    submitted by /u/dymba
    [link] [comments]

    Just accepted an offer for an entry level account manager position in the biotech industry and after my first 6 months I negotiated a salary review. What do ya'll recommend I do to have the best possible first impression?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 04:05 PM PST

    I do plan on documenting everything and working my tail off obviously, but what are some good tips from you insiders? At least at first, there won't be a direct sales element to the position. It's a new company in a small industry, so they're probably not willing to let people loose until they feel you are ready.

    submitted by /u/qqqwwwqw
    [link] [comments]

    Would you hire Obama as a salesperson?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 12:45 PM PST

    To go along with hiring Trump as a salesperson, political views aside I feel like Obama who has a more calm and collect personality would be a better sales rep. I feel like he would be good at closing with out having to use high pressure tactics.

    submitted by /u/LeBackPage_James
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment