• Breaking News

    Monday, November 26, 2018

    How to effectively manage the sales process? Sales and Selling

    How to effectively manage the sales process? Sales and Selling


    How to effectively manage the sales process?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 04:36 AM PST

    During the sales process, how do you communicate the current state of the process to your customer and the remaining milestones (confirmations, pending docs, tasks for each side, etc.)?

    submitted by /u/talsi1
    [link] [comments]

    Logistics cold calling/introduction

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 10:08 AM PST

    Hi Guys,

    I am just curious as to what approaches have been successful for you, Obviously in this ultra competitive industry. When most shippers prefer to work with asset based providers and have brokers calling them daily it seems difficult to obtain new customers. When calling shippers do you present yourself as a broker or 3PL or perhaps a transportation company? What kind of introduction do you normally use?

    submitted by /u/Roberts584
    [link] [comments]

    6 figure B2B dreams

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 09:53 AM PST

    I started as a young and naive freshman with silly daydreams of the security of being a rich lawyer until I educated myself on the various reasons this outcome was unlikely and actually not a smart move. (Getting into a good firm,the debt,the lack of income during the 3 years, and the extremely saturated market)

    Anyhow, I took a sabbatical for a year and stumbled apon car sales, and I made about 50k doing it, although I worked some pretty long hours to get there. I was 20 years old and a college sophomore, so to ignorant me this seemed like I was practically rich. The hours took a toll on me because I was practically working 60 hours a week for just 50k and it didn't seem to have much hope for any career advancement other than progressing into a sales manager role at the dealership, which obviously was taken, and I didn't want to wait until that guy kicked the bucket to progress.

    So I did some thinking and a bit of research, because my goal in life ultimately has always been to make 6 figures yearly. I know that might not seem astronomically wealthy to some but for me it has always been on my checklist to feel accomplished and successful. Needless to say I stumbled upon the coveted b2b fields (Pharma, Med, SaaS) and I instantly was attracted to the idea. I'm 22 now and at the end of my junior year and the beginning of my senior year. I'm attracted to the concept of travel, not having a boss micro-managing you, suit and tie, and the realistic opportunity of 6 figures yearly. I'm in Louisiana and I am open to move literally anywhere. So I guess my questions are as follow: Will my year of car sales experience help me at all? This is my last year in school will joining a fraternity and holding down a sales job boost my chances? What can I do right now to help me? Will a public relations/marketing community service bolster my resume? Will winning a school pageant help? Any help and advice to help me stand out would be grandly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ohgodmikey
    [link] [comments]

    Organisation and where to start

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 04:45 AM PST

    I struggle with organising myself when it comes to my sales calls, emails, spreadsheets ect. I have a young family and always tell myself that I'll do it late at night but by the time that comes I'm too tired. Any tips to help me get organised?

    submitted by /u/Truckdog
    [link] [comments]

    Why are copier sales reps so sought after versus other sales?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 12:33 PM PST

    Entry to sales applicant here

    Seems like theres a high affinity for folks who sell copy machines. Why is this so when there are literally millions of products and millions of sales reps? Curious to know what is special about the copier industry.

    submitted by /u/sleepingtalent901
    [link] [comments]

    Responsiveness to Clients and Prospects

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 12:25 PM PST

    What tools are sales people using to be more responsive?

    submitted by /u/dougpetrie
    [link] [comments]

    B2B Prospecting competition

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 12:24 PM PST

    Hey guys. In a B2B situation where market is quite small and everybody knows everybody what would be your first approach to try and convince a prospect that currently sells your competiton?

    submitted by /u/jmiguelcmoreira
    [link] [comments]

    How to transition a phone call to asking for a job?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 11:23 AM PST

    I reached out to all my LinkedIn contacts who are involved in sales and asked if I could call sometime and pick their brains. Everyone has been super helpful and accepted. How do I transition these phone calls to pitch an employment opportunity?

    submitted by /u/dymba
    [link] [comments]

    How important is Job Title in a start up?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 01:24 AM PST

    Hello All,

    So I have been hired at a start up to build sales, drive business, build customer base, do the marketing and pretty much everything on my side of the business, which is solution selling.

    My current job title is business development manager, and I am meeting CIO's CTO's CSO's. I feel that I am not taken that seriously or cannot set up meetings because my job title has no authority. Even though I have free rain, can make decisions about any part of the business as I am running it.(It is just me on the sales side, and we have engineers).

    I have spoken to a few partners, colleagues, companies etc and they are the ones that brought it up

    If it's not "just a title" how do I reinforce this?

    EDIT : Would a more technical management VP or director title not be more appropriate? I build the solutions as well. quote them, spec them etc etc and I think in my country salespeople are not trusted as much because of how tough the industries are here.

    submitted by /u/djcurzed
    [link] [comments]

    ASK AEs, What organization systems do you use for your projects and/or pipeline?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 10:31 AM PST

    We are consultants, so i figure that our workflow follows AE workflow.

    • customer conversations turn into projects
    • projects are outlined depending on the customer
    • AE does some spec work and sets expectations with customer
    • AE assigns tasks and routinely communicates progress
    submitted by /u/amzn-anderson
    [link] [comments]

    Transitioning from law enforcement

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 08:00 PM PST

    Hello all,

    This sub is incredibly valuable for someone like me who has no clue about sales. I've read a ton of material and learned a fair amount over the last couple months as I've thought about making this career move. I'll start with my questions:

    • Does anyone here work in a company/role that focuses on public safety? Something like Axon, Watchguard, countless others...

    • Has anyone here made this transition from police work themselves? I'm sure much of it is personal opinion but how do you feel about the lifestyle changes, what skills carry over well and what is a hard habit to change?

    • Does anyone know an easier way to find jobs that align with public safety/LE sales rather than searching every company on indeed one by one?

    A little about me: I've been in/around LE my whole life. Family growing up, police cadet through high school, dispatcher at 18, officer at 21. I say that to explain that this is all I've done and all I know. I'm at a crossroads in my life where I NEED to make more money. It's not just a short term goal or a recent development, I've always wanted to make 6 figures or more (I'm from a southern state with a median income around 50k) and police work isn't going to get me there for a couple decades at least. I can pay my bills just fine with my current salary but that's not what I want to settle for. I've recently changed my job from actual police work to an investigative role in a private company. I'm now doing volunteer police work which affords the ability to work as much or little as I want, albeit for free. I love law enforcement and will always be involved in it one way or another but now that I have the freedom to have a different full time job I can't put off the idea of selling any more. I am very persuasive, a great communicator, and a quick study. If I had a dollar for everytime I've talked someone out of fighting or gotten a "thank you" after dropping them off at jail, I could delete this post. I completely realize verbal deescalation and making a sale are different things but a lot of conversations translate well between the fields. A great cop is an actor, a therapist, and a salesman rolled into one. Anyways, I've researched a lot about car sales, real estate, D2D alarms and more but a common theme I see among top tier and HAPPY salesman is a connection to the product. I'm not opposed to selling a lot of things as I'm sure I can find a connection I appreciate. However anything related to law enforcement or security I feel would be the best fit. Any advice, comments, jokes, secret recipes, or stories are welcomed. Thank you for reading through the longest thing I've posted on reddit and I apologize for grammatical errors, I'm on mobile.

    TL;DR cop wants to be the first person in several family generations to make more than 90k annually, thinks (perhaps foolishly) that since he's a smooth talker/customer service goon he might be good at selling things.

    submitted by /u/Chucktown-guy
    [link] [comments]

    What sales influencers are people following nowadays?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 08:41 AM PST

    Beginner in sales. How many calls does it take daily to feel comfortable/natural? (energy/electricity over phone)

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 08:12 AM PST

    I've just started in sales (3rd day on the phone), with little to no experience in sales, excluding the hours I've used reading and watching sales related content. My first day I had zero sales, the second day I had one and today I focused on the just calling non stop. 200+ calls I ended with zero sales.

    Main reason I got into sales was to get out of my comfort zone, be better with people and use the skills to easier push my own products/business later in my life. To be in sales is also good when a recession hits.

    Thoughts?

    **B2C

    submitted by /u/Hautdog
    [link] [comments]

    Email critique, too vague?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 07:56 AM PST

    I took some ideas from other threads and made my own prospecting template. Is this too vague?

    Hi (name), I saw on your website that your company is a manufacturer of a variety of products similar to companies that I'm helping automate workflow processes and go paperless using ECM software, so I thought you might be interested too.

    I'd like to learn a bit more about your role and your company, are you free for a quick call sometime over the next week?

    submitted by /u/Donghoward
    [link] [comments]

    Better to be a big fish in a small pond, or a small fish in a big pond?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 05:30 PM PST

    I apologize for the long post in advance & also want to say thank you for all of the great posts here. Long time lurker.

    I've been at a small company with under 50 people for 2 years. I started as a BDR, but quickly rose to an AE role & top producer. To give you an idea of where I am in my career: I'm 23 and feel like I landed a dream job in a great industry. I'm handling the full pipeline from start to finish, our ACV is $45k, and I've closed $2.6m this year so far.

    The thing is that no one on the sales team is valued. We get some pats on the back, but when it comes down to it the companies culture is very tech oriented. Meaning the leadership has a very technical background & believe that if they build it, the customers will come.

    To put it bluntly, our comp plan is borderline insulting. I've dealt with it for 2 years but I'm starting to wonder if it's time to move on.

    On the $2.6m that I've closed, my total pay is just under $80k. This is around 20% base and the rest commission.

    I have a written offer to join SAP & am wondering if it's worth's the change? It's for their small business team, which would be a big change as I'm typically working with companies larger than 1k employees. Worried the grass isn't greener on the other side.. but the earning potential is very attractive.

    Appreciate the help.

    submitted by /u/Its-my-birthname
    [link] [comments]

    Sales is a scam!

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 10:10 AM PST

    This is one of my relatives told me this weekends when I mentioned that I dont agree with what We do at my company (our sales process.) He works as a recruiter for a pharmacutical company and says "everything is a scam and a lie" I dont believe this to be true. Yes sales is known for that sort of behavior but I dont believe sales HAS to be that way.

    For you guys in sales- do you honestly feel that your sales process is ethical and moral?

    Do you agree with this statement: "If you cant share your sales process with the general public, then you do not have a good sales process."

    submitted by /u/redpill14
    [link] [comments]

    If you got an opportunity to chat with senior sales executives at your company what would you ask them?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 06:23 AM PST

    Hey guys. I have a meeting with some senior sales executives later in the week. The idea is to learn more about their process/strategies. While I have my own industry specific questions I'm curious if you guys have any good general sales questions to ask. I want to make sure I get the most out of it. Anything you could provide would be greatly appreciated! =)

    submitted by /u/AutomatedTacos
    [link] [comments]

    Where to transition after ADP?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 01:42 PM PST

    Hi all! I am coming up on two years at ADP and have had pretty solid success with promotions, award trips, etc. I was wondering where if at all I should transition? I came to ADP for med device sales but I almost am 100% sure I'd have to relocate to get into that (I have a wife, house, etc. so this would be somewhat of a challenge). With that said, I know there is a ton of routes you can take and things to sell so is there other options people love? Or for those in medical device is it as lucrative and passion filling as people say? Thank you in advance !

    submitted by /u/Natethegreattttt
    [link] [comments]

    Though you guys would like this.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 06:07 AM PST

    How to get out of my old industry ?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 05:06 AM PST

    Hey guys my name is ahmed salah and i had 3 years experience as a sales executive in a printing and packing company . Now i left that company and got a new job in a company called HLPR its a startup and also different industry .. we are specialize in domestic help and facility management . So for B2C we do domestic help and for B2B which I'm responsible for we do cleaning services and we supply them with security stuff . And i have been struggling all this month and it's my first one ... Because working in a startup is much different it seams every one do everything ... And also the new industry is a bit mistress to me .. so what should i do .. Thanks in advance .

    submitted by /u/AhmedSalah608
    [link] [comments]

    Still pretty new at sales and need advice!

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 08:33 PM PST

    Like the title says, I'm really looking to get some insight on things I should keep in mind when selling.

    Here's a bit of background:

    I work for an event company, we sell spaces within our event to companies with the promise of helping them meet new qualified prospects. My targets are law firms, accounting firms, marketing and insurance providers.

    Since it's a local even, I've been using Google maps to find local service providers to help sell, I've also tried hiring someone on Fiverr to build me a list of leads (unfortunately not all the leads were good...)

    I'm curious to know how you guys would go about it, call first? Email first? How would you go about collecting leads? What to do when you feel slightly nervous before your first call of the day? How many calls should I aim for per week?

    Thanks guys 🤓

    submitted by /u/MateriaExpo
    [link] [comments]

    What do you wish your company would've taught you?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 09:52 PM PST

    Hi all,

    My startup company is a SaaS and we are currently hiring our first salesperson. We have general sales guidelines, goals, and an entire list of scripts and/or rebuttals list of qualified leads in our SalesForce accounts.

    I want to know what you wish the first company you were employed with for sales would've taught you or told you. Additionally, any advice on how to keep my salespeople happy I'd love to know!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/blockaywhite
    [link] [comments]

    Holiday Cards for Prospects

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 08:12 PM PST

    Curious to hear if anyone has had success setting meetings/getting in touch with prospects by sending holiday cards with a small gift. What kind of messaging did you use (sales pitch vs. purely wishing them a happy holiday season), did you include a use case or anything similar, and how did you fit the touch into your cadence of outreach (e.g., send letter, follow up with an email five days later, follow up with a call two days after sending the email, etc.)?

    submitted by /u/modestM0USSE
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment